Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

Very much this. I also am completely for a timer, but implementing, or even considering testing one right now is just so counter productive to the progress of getting this engine to cooperate properly with the mod. 

How is this counter productive? If implemented like in the mod, it won't be a straight up WoW style logout timer, it will only be activated after firing or taking damage to prevent logging out to save your gear. 

but the counter did not avoid pressing alt f4 or using the task manager to close the game, it has to be like in "war z" or infestation where your charakter stands still for 10 oder maybe more seconds if you press alt f4 or not you charakter will stand for this time in the dayz mod this is not the case you press alt f4 and your charakter is directly away drom server, so this would bring nothing.

Good job guys, I never had rubberbanding until the last update where a change was made to mitigate it. Didn't notice any just now,.

Rubber banding is not gone. I've watched Lirik get rubberbanded like 3 times in the last 20 mins.

Yep, rubber banded is still present. I can see people walking through the walls.

Yep, rubber banded is still present. I can see people walking through the walls.

I hope you know the difference between rubberbanding and clipping through walls. -.-

I hope you know the difference between rubberbanding and clipping through walls. -.-

Uhmmm when a friend opened a door and I saw him going inside the house  through walls instead the door, I think is rubberbandig, right?

[insert crying and whining and boohooing about standalone here] some of these people make me laugh hahahahaha

Uhmmm when a friend opened a door and I saw him going inside the house  through walls instead the door, I think is rubberbandig, right?

Rubber Banding is where you run a distance and the server doesn't register it and sends you back X amount either it be 10,20,50,100 meters

You seeing someone walking through a wall when there are supposedly going through the door is completely different then rubber banding.

You can glitch in buildings and walk straight at a wall and no one will see you that's what you are seeing not rubber banding.

Rubber Banding is where you run a distance and the server doesn't register it and sends you back X amount either it be 10,20,50,100 meters

You seeing someone walking through a wall when there are supposedly going through the door is completely different then rubber banding.

You can glitch in buildings and walk straight at a wall and no one will see you that's what you are seeing not rubber banding.

Ok, thank you for the explanation. Then No more RB for me.

Edited by X_Busa

That's okay mate!

People get confused and think its the same thing, it looks similar but its a bit different! =)

Strange, because that's what happened to me & 2 friends while we tried to find us. It took us about 2 hours to finally get to the same spot, because we ran for ~15 minutes, and boom, we teleported back to the beginning spot, couldn't move, couldn't even open our menus, so we had to alt+f4 the game. So if I'm right, it somehow isn't fixed. At least not for us.

No rubber banding like before.

However, I was 1km out of Elektro yesterday, and I was suddenly teleported back to elektro at the fountain where I'd just filled up a bottle, but I couldn't move or even bring up the menu to exit.

i got a new one on it.  Not getting teleported back but server is seeing me elsewhere than my client.  My friends with me see me all over the place, walking threw walls walking into ponds.  Actually died tonight to a zombie 2 blocks away beating on me.  I was bleeding friends couldn't patch my hologram, but i couldn't patch myself cause on my client i wasnt bleeding.    

I do not know if it is problem with the patch, but this is impossible to play with friends because they are constantly disappearing.

some stay for minutes on my side but I can not see them.

someone over there is suffering with this problem?

this problem is already reported?

I have no problem playing alone.

sorry the bad english

Fixed: 

Server: Dedicated Server crash related to memory cleanup
Server: Player location rubberbanding
Critical Security Vulnerability fixes

Note: This is a hotfix to address several key issues, and thus is focused on specifically those issues.

Ha ha, ya'll don't even kno' how smart these MFRS are!!!?

Love ya...

The problem of people not seeing eachother ("invisible friends") or seeing eachother moving away when they are standing, moving trough walls when in reality they use the door, etc. existed before rubberbanding and still exists, but it's something different (I guess it's a client side problem), to not be confused with rubberbanding.

i got a new one on it.  Not getting teleported back but server is seeing me elsewhere than my client.  My friends with me see me all over the place, walking threw walls walking into ponds.  Actually died tonight to a zombie 2 blocks away beating on me.  I was bleeding friends couldn't patch my hologram, but i couldn't patch myself cause on my client i wasnt bleeding.    

This happens a lot to me and my friends too. The worst part is when you are with someone in a building, and they suddenly push you through the wall and you plunge to your death, even tho they didn't even move close to you. And sometimes after walking up stairs, i randomly collapse on the floor with broken legs. Not glitching through the floor or anything, just randomly collapsing on flat surface. Good thing I always pack a lot of morphine :P

Thanks for the patch guys, worked a treat. I very rarely experience rubber banding.

Still getting the odd problem in buildings and randomly breaking legs. I was on the 1st floor of a fire station yesterday with my inventory screen open and soon after died on the spot. Turns out I fell through the floor to my death. Luckily spawned nearby and got back to my body and recovered my gear before anyone else got there.

Keep up the great work, over 24hrs logged in th is game so far and it keeps me coming back.

why do you want a timer ? when there is a time the people will escape with alt f4 so a timer is useless at all i think ;)

If you alt f4 or disconect any other way, while not waiting for timer, you will spawn your character dummy that will stay in game for about 2 minutes, and can be killed.

Like in mmorpg's.