Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

Completely removed rubberbanding for me. Great update!

Great new. Only thing is, the last update was supposed to fix rubber banding too, but instead made it worse. What about the random insta-death bug? Is that not just as critical too? Or is that in fact a side effect of the rubber banding?

Anyway, I really hope this DOES indeed fix it.

You sure you're not just getting shot? Sometimes you don't hear the gunfire. 

I'm not being a dick, I'm only asking because I have yet to experience this and I have a really old character. 

Im getting a lot of disconection after this update

That's probably Steam getting DDOSed, it was getting hit really bad last night about 3-4 hours after the patch. The error message will be something about authentication failures, which usually means Steam's been hit. I had the same for the first hour of play til the DDOS attackers drifted off to something else.

Fixed: 

Server: Dedicated Server crash related to memory cleanup
Server: Player location rubberbanding
Critical Security Vulnerability fixes

Note: This is a hotfix to address several key issues, and thus is focused on specifically those issues.

Whats this? its in a wrong place ... This is patch notes.
I have no words anymore... Seems to me that thees guys are like Sergey and hammerpoint.

Im still rubberbanding like crazy and wasting tons of time with it. I hope we can get an ETA on this because clear across the map to be brought all the way back once is one thing, getting near 20 times is another. Btw, this didn't ever happen until about 3 days ago. All of a sudden its happening all the time.

Big performance bug discovered that sometimes affected servers, creating rubber-banding and other bugs. Pos fix in testing. #DayZDaily

Sounds like a dirty big bug was found and is getting chased right out of Chernarus by the team. You guys finding bugs and noting down how you can replicate them as well must be a huge help. So do your bit every so often.

They really need to get the sound semi fixed by the new guy......I wish him well thats one hell of a job you have there. But its one of the most important bits to me to get 100% right. If you cant trust the sound then half the game play is dead. You need to trust that you know that shot came from the north or west etc

Edited by sav112

So as far as I can see, the second rubberbanding-fix-patch didn't do it either?

Ok so last night I was playing with a friend and his character from my perspective was rubberbanding. Every once in a while it show him running to the left/right when he was running straight. When he was standing still eating some cereal it showed his character on my screen as running full speed forward. He dropped the box and it appeared but he was not next to me. Just figured I would let you know of this.

I would like to say the patch seems to have fixed the rubberbanding for me, HOWEVER I noticed something else crop up:

When I'm on a server for a little bit, maybe about 5 minutes, then I can't run anymore. I double tap my shift key or just press it down, and my character just walks. I try crouching, proning, swapping weapons, going fists only, etc... no dice. I can sprint (double tap W), but my character won't run.

I'll log off and log back into the same server, and it'll be ok for a few minutes, and then bam... he/she goes to a walk again. Any idea?

Also, PLEASE for the love of GOD... remove the damn zombie sounds from the animals. It's driving me insane and really is pissing me off. I chased two rabbits yesterday that had zombie sounds. Freaked me the hell out!!!

I'll do some more testing later today with this "run" thing.

It worked for some, not for others. Make sure you have a good connection and a decent server. Try a 0 player server and try a high player server to see if it has to do with the amount of people in it.

I was in <10/30(40) player servers and was fine. But that could have been because nobody else was near me.

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 1

Lol my character hasnt been wiped once since the servers went online.

• Like 1

I'll do some more testing later today with this "run" thing.

Well said that Man!!!!! Its all about testing and finding these bugs just now. It would be a strange Alpha without problems and things needing fixed.

• Like 2

Yep, i can't play right now. I keep getting rubberbanding. Tried to re-download my DayZ files. No luck.

Well said that Man!!!!! Its all about testing and finding these bugs just now. It would be a strange Alpha without problems and things needing fixed.

I think sometimes people (including my friend) seem to forget, that despite the game running PHENOMINALLY AWESOME for an alpha, it is still that... in alpha.

So, complaints should just be moved into another forum. Constructive Criticism on the other hand... should be reviewed.

This brings me to the comment by one of the devs/mods about adding a logout timer already. Ummm... no. This is an alpha. Why add something that would just hinder testing? As a matter of fact... Add a friggin' respawn option outright, no waiting till unconsciousness to be able to respawn... just let people suicide and respawn. When the game is ready to be released, do those changes...

• Add a timer
  • Restrict Respawning

Restricting the ability for people to respawn just makes it harder for people to test. This is, not yet, a full game people. It's a massive test platform for the time being.

• Like 1

Thats reminds me, respawning after i die or go unconscious doesn't work. I get the messages in the bottom left ending with "3 2 1" and a "please wait" (if i remember right) in the center, but nothing happens for several minutes. I will happily wait longer in the future if that is the intent.

• Like 2

It did it for me. Game plays smoother than ever.

I think sometimes people (including my friend) seem to forget, that despite the game running PHENOMINALLY AWESOME for an alpha, it is still that... in alpha.

So, complaints should just be moved into another forum. Constructive Criticism on the other hand... should be reviewed.

This brings me to the comment by one of the devs/mods about adding a logout timer already. Ummm... no. This is an alpha. Why add something that would just hinder testing? As a matter of fact... Add a friggin' respawn option outright, no waiting till unconsciousness to be able to respawn... just let people suicide and respawn. When the game is ready to be released, do those changes...

• Add a timer
  • Restrict Respawning

Restricting the ability for people to respawn just makes it harder for people to test. This is, not yet, a full game people. It's a massive test platform for the time being.

Totally disagree, add the timer ASAP.

One of the biggest features this game needs is to stop combat logging and server hopping for loot. The faster they add this in an update the faster we can test and make sure it works properly. Why keep playing with features that aren't going to be in the final version of the game when we can test it now?

The only people against the timer are combat loggers and server hoppers.

• Like 7

Woohoo! First post! Hey devs! I'm new to DayZ and never played the mod version. A friend of mine decided he'd get me the standalone (non-mod) version and so far, it looks like you're on the right track for something really fun and epic. I wish I had played the original mod and plan on getting Arma II, but for now, am focused on trying to help you guys out with making this standalone version better. 

Rubberbanding isn't gone nor is it any better :)

I was looking at a fridge earlier, tried to move two steps to get a glimpse of the wall behind it and the shelf next to it and I found myself falling to my death outside the building... :*(

Enough with the BS'ing... , on to the question!

Can you guys share with us what is happening on your end that's causing the rubberbanding and what steps you're using to try and combat it? I haven't torn the game code apart yet to find the differing changes you guys are making in attempts to fix it. Considering you're having so many issues with this, have you looked into the IO for the game running on these public servers in that, maybe the issue being intermittent is potentially due to the game being run on shared resources. Sure, blocking CPU/RAM/Storage is pretty easy, but internal IO on other games designed similarly have rendered them unplayable.

Maybe we as a community can help you guys find the answer?

I realize you guys are the pros at this, but it's worked with other developers :)

I don't mind the logout timer but please don't make it 30 seconds. That's way too much. The reason for a timer is so that ppl don't combat log but most logouts occur not when in combat so I don't see why people who don't combat log should be punished. 10 seconds is more like it.