DropBearChick

Ella's standalone guide

I would consider this more a guide to some aspects of he game, as it does not mention a huge amount of stuff that could be useful.

Examples: Video settings, audio settings, control settings, choosing a server, renting and configuring a server, patch timescales, experimental servers, rules, server rules, bugs, a map, loot spawn locations, I could go on.

So to call it the best SA guide, is not true, as its not the best because a vast amount of info is missing and because of the nature of the info inside it would be more aptly named a survival guide.

overall I appreciate the effort and I hope my thoughts can help you to improve your guide.

Actually I can make a better guide in fewer words.

Make a mistake, die, learn from said mistake, repeat.

Do that enough and you'll be a pretty decent player.

Bugs,

I already posted major bugs and how am i ment to know when patches will come out

Edited by spartan54820

UPDATE- added video settings for ultra and low as well as changed and added stiff from latest patch.

I already posted major bugs and how am i ment to know when patches will come out

You have picked a couple things out of my post in which I mentioned 14 things.

I can add another reason right now why it is not the best, the formatting., in particular the colours used.

If you would care to look up the word arrogance, it may give you some insight into why people are "hatin".

I know and i already updated the guide with a couple of your suggestions, i was just curious as to how to implement a few things you mentioned and i know what arrogance means

Just saying, the best SA guide would have correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.

Harsh!

inception: I agree but I have only enough time to write it and hardly any time for editing, plus I am only 15 still not finished high school so u can hardly blame me.

Oh, the irony!  :lol:

• Like 1

As a greenhorn in here and DZ as well, i just wonder...Is it possible to take my own blood and keep it so I can use it later in case of EM? Before i started to play this, I checked a lot about DZ, but it's none about that in health sections.

Man, your guide is useful, just one think. You mentioned a Barn like place with no loot. I think it's not correct. there is always something.

Just saying, the best SA guide would have correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.

Look how long the guide is, and you gotta shit on the guy without leaving at least one positive comment? lol I thought better of you Inception. Way to kill a brothers buzz.

Look how long the guide is, and you gotta shit on the guy without leaving at least one positive comment? lol I thought better of you Inception. Way to kill a brothers buzz.

Its ok, at least its not a troll comment like why is there no guide to hacking.

As a greenhorn in here and DZ as well, i just wonder...Is it possible to take my own blood and keep it so I can use it later in case of EM? Before i started to play this, I checked a lot about DZ, but it's none about that in health sections.

No. You need someone else to draw blood from you and to give it back to you via IV. You can carry your own blood bag, sure, but you cannot administer it to yourself.

added new content (flipping the bird, torches, rags, bipods, storage boxes and opening cans)

inception: I agree but I have only enough time to write it and hardly any time for editing, plus I am only 15 still not finished high school so u can hardly blame me.

-EDIT- added full stops and fixed a bit of grammar and spelling as well as adding capitals for inceptions sake.

All grammar nazi's should be ignored to the max. Thanks for taking the time to do this.  

Thanks for guide, new players can use it for sure. Haven´t found any useful information for me. Don´t understand why people are so crazy about beans? I mean they are useless and nobody cares about your profile here.. so what´s the secret about the beans ^^

The reason people are thinking you just cut and pasted this information from other sites while not crediting them is because every spelling mistake you made is shown to you while you're typing

Few suggestions:

Spelling mistakes:

things that are not workin:

fitreplaces

Decent little guide there,

come in handy i am sure,

to me and to new users of this forum and the game alike...

Quick note, hacksaw can open cans too. Other than that great guide

Thnks for feedback, ill add a part about hacksaws cause they can open cans, handcuffs and shotguns

Very good guide, thanks for taking time to make this :)

Np, yeah everyones givin me shit for spelling when it took me 1 hour to write and i did it on ipad so even harder to hit right keys

Are you copy pasting from other guides or are you typing that? Because you must be typing really fast.

What did you think, that she/he isn't?

Reading some of the posts on this topic; some people are such cynical a-holes. If you are going to dig at this guy, for trying to help the community, at least give him constructive criticism instead of just running your mouths off. 

On another note, I liked the guide and got some useful information from it. Thanks and keep on updating it. :)

Good guide; could do with a bit of formatting & changing the colour scheme a little so it's not so...intense, but on the whole a nice work in progress.

Could I maybe suggest a section on interaction with others (unless I've already missed that bit...)? Just common etiquette/terms that people should be accustomed to? Of course headed by the DayZ mantra: Don't trust anybody.

Could always argue that this guide is in the ALPHA stages ;)...