DropBearChick

Ella's standalone guide

Appreciate the time and effort

Thanks  :beans:

spelling error here ..

" wooden splint - Used to fix broken legs, can be crafted with eooden sticks and rags"

I've been combing this forum a few years now and reading almost every single thread. I say keep up the good work and dont let the badass moderators (said in a respectfull voice) dissuate you from carry on finishing your guide. I find it very usefull and also found new information allthough i bought this game the same day it came out on Steam and a vet from the arma II mod DAYZ.

Thx for the support, though the admins said what they did when it had about a quarter of the info it currently does, though I would like this to be pinned

UPDATED: added some more bugs and useless stuff and a note at healing on status affects on how to heal.

A couple of things to note... First off the techni colour is a touch annoying imho, guess see what other's say about it personally I like to use bold/underline and font size to make sections standout.

4.If your character is mumbling stuff like fuck that hurts take painkillers or morphine.

I've cured these symptoms via the use of antibiotics, also I believe the brown bottles in hospitals contain some kinda of medicine, I was shot before testing could occur.

I don't see any mention of blood test kits to find your personal blood type.  Also this may be bugged changing while on the same character either via log out or some other unknown bug ( there's a thread here about it) There is also a thread where a kindly forum member has made a full chart of blood types and compatibility.    I haven't personally looked at it but a chart is a little easier to read (I don't understand how you described rhesus factors)

also still a "U" in there somewhere

'how to be good at dayZ' by 'xXx360n0sc0pezzzy0l0sw4gp1mpw33dxXx':

Step 1:  Git gud

• Like 2

I just read this and I can't believe people are giving this poor kid shit for grammar.  You kidding?  The kid just wrote up a very helpful tip sheet that had to take a while to write up and people are giving him crap for it.  That's unbelievable.  For what it's worth it really helped me out so thank you.

Np thanks for the feedback everyone I will update sometime today, also going to add a section on how to manage your inventory effectively.

I am not so sure about number 4 there, as that only happens when I have been injured and goes away when I am back to full health/blood. I will try it though next time and report back.

worst guide ever

You could at least say why you think so.

• Like 1

Yes, please explain why you think this is the worst guide ever and a will happily see what i can do about it to make it your BEST SA GUIDE EVER.

Ok, im newbie for dayz and ive felt love with DayZ SA. This helped me little for trying to survive but im still wondering what to do with wrench and other tools. Could you add those in guide too pls.

I am not so sure about number 4 there, as that only happens when I have been injured and goes away when I am back to full health/blood. I will try it though next time and report back.

Well the moaning didn't go away after I was at full health even though I had taken several painkillers. So number 4 is incorrect.

You could at least say why you think so.

Maybe because this is the third guide I see that claims to be the best, and since there can only be one best guide, that statement is cleraly incorrect. The author understood this and yet called the guide the best. Therefore the author is inentionally lying in his guide. That is bad.

Except for that it's a pretty good guide though :D

I think a bit of data is incorrect or outdated, though.

im waiting for the next build on the 5th of feb then I will update, the tools are useless I said this in the bit at the bottom with useless items

Craft to add :

you didn't mentioned the crafted backpack,

When dropping rope on a bag.

See you

its not updated, will update on the 5th when the next patch is out

bump, as some fresh meat to the grinder - great info. Thanks ! 

When looting barracks my preferred method is to always, ALWAYS turn up the sound and listen to everything, if you hear something hide behind stairs but in such way that when a player is descending he can't see your gun sticking out (so move back a bit). I always catch people off guard like this.

I didn't know rice removed water, but then again water is much easier to come by than food so I guess it's not a big deal.

Edited by Infiltrator