DropBearChick

Ella's standalone guide

can you please pin this forum team, I feel this topic would help bambi's greatly, change the name if you want I don't mind

• Like 1

ya that pretty much sums it up you can't explain bullet drop too much past(as each gun has different effective ranges even though there is only 4 currently)

rice takes -1000 water

raw rice sitting next to a well = happy camper 

probably means sore guts, constipation or the shits

• Like 2

Just saying, the best SA guide would have correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.

oh you...Good guide do not forget to include references when due ;).

• Like 2

inception: I agree but I have only enough time to write it and hardly any time for editing, plus I am only 15 still not finished high school so u can hardly blame me.

-EDIT- added full stops and fixed a bit of grammar and spelling as well as adding capitals for inceptions sake.

I too am fifteen, lol.

can you please pin this forum team, I feel this topic would help bambi's greatly, change the name if you want I don't mind

We don't just pin topics like that.

inception: I agree but I have only enough time to write it and hardly any time for editing, plus I am only 15 still not finished high school so u can hardly blame me.

that's not a good excuse

i understand you dont pin topics i just thought this would be helpful to all noobs joining and should be easily accesible.

I don't think new players take a liking to being called "noobs" and "bambis" (please don't ever use that word again)

And honestly most of the stuff you wrote is very self explanatory

Edited by Death Dealer

well honestly i've found about 50+ bambis that have no idea what there doing this is why i made this post so i can just link it to them and be on my way

UPDATED: references and bugs/glitches in game currently

Edited by spartan54820

It's nice of you to make a list, but right now it's waay to unstructured to read properly. With some hard smoothing here and there, who knows, it might just be that good as your topic state that it is.

Edited by StayAlive

damn, you caught the eye of some serious trollage  :P Good guide!  Thanked for letting people knows the tings works vs doesn't worked!  I will use a'lot if this info.  Lol, surviving alpha!!!

• Like 1

Ok guide, but you've got the health system a bit wrong.

You did get the fact that there is blood and health right, but what health effects, how you regain it, and the healing/healthy statuses you got a bit wrong.

0 blood won't kill you, but 0 health will.  Low blood is shown with a desaturated screen, and low health is shown by a blurry screen.  The only way to regain health is through natural regeneration.  Healing/Healthy isn't the 3rd stage of regeneration, it just simply means you are regening to some degree.  You're health will not regen until your blood is full.  When your health is full but you are still in a regenerative state, you'll have the healthy status.  You can be healthy and low on blood at the same time.

Not sure about the rest of the guide as I did not comb through it all, just thought I'd clear up the blood/health system as that seems to be a topic of confusion for people.

• Like 1

It's nice of you to make a list, but right now it's waay to unstructured to read properly. With some hard smoothing here and there, who knows, it might just be that good as your topic state that it is.

I cleaned it up a bit, hopefully you like it, let me know if I should change anything else

Brimstone if you have any further quiestions let me know, just pm me or add me on steam acutt7 and I,ll help you out

Edited by spartan54820

Few suggestions:

Spelling mistakes:

things that are not workin:

fitreplaces

The reason people are thinking you just cut and pasted this information from other sites while not crediting them is because every spelling mistake you made is shown to you while you're typing. If you choose not to right click those terms and fix them, (if you aren't sure how to correctly spell them), then expect people to think you are not being honest or being lazy. Its the tradeoff from claiming to be the best ever but not fixing even small mistakes. The best ever wouldn't do that.

Things you may want to add:

Learning prominent landmarks and how they relate to other areas

Differences between sprinting, jogging, walking, crawling and lying still both day and night and how that affects zombie aggro

How to lose zombies or best ways to deal with them in cities and in the forest

If you don't want to come off as a noob, don't use the word Bambi. I get that you use it because you watched some entertaining guy on YT use it but that guy isn't well liked by a lot of people who aren't noobs here. (If you ask why you will derail your own thread so just search the forums if you want to know why people laugh at you for using that word).

No one gets a thread stickied anywhere unless someone other than the OP asks for it. Making a pretentious claim at being the best ever shows a lack of modesty. Maybe you intended only to eventually become that at some point in the future with the community's help, but claiming it up front is a bad start. Asking for your not the best ever guide at this point to be stickied is also bad form. You don't get to decide that your work is so great that other people will most certainly find value in it. Other people, who find value in it already, can ask for it. 

You have a great idea, but something like this isn't ever going to be a one person job or even proper for a forum post. Make a Google doc, or create it as a webpage and work on formatting a proper user guide. Invite friends or people that know a lot about the game to work on it with you. Make a 200 plus page masterpiece, then humbly submit it to the demi-gods who run this website. Humbly prostrate yourself before their infinite magnificence and you might find yourself a place in the pantheon.

I cleaned it up a bit, hopefully you like it, let me know if I should change anything else

Brimstone if you have any further quiestions let me know, just pm me or add me on steam acutt7 and I,ll help you out

You didn't capitalize your "i"'s whenever you use them to refer to yourself.

You use a capitalized U in place of the word "you".

You are missing commas in some of your run-on sentences.

In general tip #8, you use the word "loose" instead of "lose".

Some of your sentences are incomplete thoughts. (Sentence fragments)

They may be more, but this is just my quick browsing of your post.

It's a WIP, my plans for the future are: adding info about new content added into the game, how to avoid zombies,making noise, the affects of item degradation, crafting and much more, feel free to leave suggestions.

UDATED: Added crafting, item degredation and movemnet/making noise/avoiding zombies as well as fixing up a couple of mistakes

things that are not working:

fireplaces

pen&paper

rope

matches

shotgun pellets

duct tape

cooking rice

gas burners

burlap sack

Walkie talkie

(inform me of anything else)

glitches/bugs:

rubberbanding

items take awhile to drop on ground just wait*

ladders are suicidal

movement of mouse

dupe glitch

some places have no loot

loot spawns in walls

players spawn in buildings after rejoining

wall glitching

(inform me of any others)"

-----------------------------------------------------------]

Loot: *I've found that replacing the item in the vicinity with your own or sometimes placing your item in the same row as the item in vicinity will instantly transport it, don't know if this helps.

Door ways: if your angled (for me at least) my characters shoulders tend to clip stopping me completely, almost like the house scaling is a little small.

Audio bliips: Aggro zombie audio every where i go, in the middle of the forest, in an abandon village etc. They never seem to interact with my PC so it is not the invisible zombie bug.

Audio blips: Random chewing or drinking sounds again in the middle of nowhere, and Non Populated Zones

Mesh particles: (Don't know the proper term)  almost like grey wire mesh visible in the branches of the trees.

Weird Workarounds(Maybe)

FOR DE-SYNC ISSUES (just a workaround) I've found that when my De-sync rises crazily; Stopping, looking down at the ground and NOT INPUTTING ANY DATA (no key strokes, no mouse movements, no commands) will regulate the De-Sync value back to zero i give it a few minutes if I'm safe. I use this when i really can't be logged off, with De-Sync up to 100000 on one occasion -works everytime. Does not work for server resets. This may prove useful for some testers.

For rubberbanding I am uncertain and would like feedback but sitting down every few hundred meters may lessen rubber-banding, and in some instances ive rubber banded back to the place i sat down as if it rubberbands back to your last registered location. I'd like to add i keep a close eye on my ping and De-Sync in the Players list granted its delayed and i have had severe rubber-banding with 0 De-Sync before and after.

I will be posting a more comprehensive list of bugs in the appropriate place, figured id let you know as well.

• Like 1

UDATED: Added crafting, item degredation and movemnet/making noise/avoiding zombies as well as fixing up a couple of mistakes

In tip #11, you need to add a hyphen between "t" and "shirt".

Now I understand why school teachers liked annoying me with my mundane mistakes. It is pretty fun.