gibonez

Lets talk about 22. lr

Personally I would love to see more civilian weaponry, then military grade one.

Also, quite logically, what should be prevalent is eastern weaponry, not capitalistic Rugers etc.

Can't wait once they put hunting shotty back and add some 9mm pistols and yeah, crossbow is really what I want.

Meeting party fully equipped with M4's should be very rare, atleast once the SA is properly patched and expanded.

• Like 3

I'm just saying that I love crafting benches and I think they'd be a great addition for camps.

Now people will just visit and be on their way after modifying their weapons, instead of rounding up a posse and stealing everything and destroying everything else.

That's my vision for camps.

But 'slam fire', should be possible.

You see heaps of videos of people with illegally modified firearms like this and in some cases, it may be practical to do.

CQC situations it might be very helpful.

Ala the old tale regarding early full auto submachine guns/ the uzi?

"All you need to do to clear a room with [insert smg here] is to chuck it in THE room with the safety on."

If the weapon vs wall dmg is anywhere realistic, then half the rounds are probably going to ventilate you and the wall you are standing behind while it does it's thing.

Edited by Dchil

Personally I would love to see more civilian weaponry, then military grade one.

Also, quite logically, what should be prevalent is eastern weaponry, not capitalistic Rugers etc.

Can't wait once they put hunting shotty back and add some 9mm pistols and yeah, crossbow is really what I want.

Meeting party fully equipped with M4's should be very rare, atleast once the SA is properly patched and expanded.

Yeah adding the Ruger 10/22 seems weird. It was kind of like seeing the Winchester in the DayZ mod. What was a lever action weapon from the 1800's doing there? Now a Ruger? Would make way more sense to see an Italian Rossi .22 than an American Ruger. 

Yeah adding the Ruger 10/22 seems weird. It was kind of like seeing the Winchester in the DayZ mod. What was a lever action weapon from the 1800's doing there? Now a Ruger? Would make way more sense to see an Italian Rossi .22 than an American Ruger. 

The Winchester was from OA IIRC along with the enfield. Also a more modern lever wouldn't be too far out of the equation (Marlin 336 or 1894 anyone?) as they are quite popular in many places (Australia for example).

Reason the ruger is there is because it has become iconic.

When someone thinks .22lr they usually think of two weapons and they are both made by a ruger.

The 1022 has been the most popular 1022 in the world since the 1960s. It is easy to imagine that such a cheap readily available gun would have made it into chenarus.

The amount of 1022s circulating the world is just insane.

• Like 1

Reason the ruger is there is because it has become iconic.

When someone thinks .22lr they usually think of two weapons and they are both made by a ruger.

The 1022 has been the most popular 1022 in the world since the 1960s. It is easy to imagine that such a cheap readily available gun would have made it into chenarus.

The amount of 1022s circulating the world is just insane.

Actually when i think of 22 i think of my norinco JW15, but don't let that take the wind out of your sails.

Yes lets hope they will add many weapons fitting eastern block and also civilian ones.

• Like 1

Yes lets hope they will add many weapons fitting eastern block and also civilian ones.

My hope is that there are multiple weapons of the same caliber in the game.

Same would apply to 22 lr.

Let there be several 22 lr rifles, 22 lr pistols and various different 22 lr ammo types each with different wounding properties and velocities just like real life.

• Like 1

I would love to see a Ruger in dayz also a .30-.30, for short range MASS power.

22 .LR would do nothing against someone with armor though, I shot my old school binder that had some paper in it and the bullet was stopped.

There is no arguing against Ozelot. He has that 12yr old "I AM ALWAYS RIGHT WAH WAH WAH" mentality. All I can say to him is this. The .22 will make an appearance in DayZ eventually, and when you start getting your ass handed to you by it. We don't want to see you come in here with a post crying about how "OP" you are going to say it is.

Edited by FoamNinja
  • Like 1

Who would use such a puny weapon?

Puny? PUNY? I have a friend who was messing around with one and shot his dad in the leg on accident. That was 3 years ago and his leg still bothers him from time to time today. And I can tell you I heard him screaming 3 doors down. The thing hurts. As for killing zombies head-shots will do the trick and it will sure as heck hurt and make a player bleed. Plus you won't even know where it came from. 

There is a reason .22 is favoured by professional assassins[apparently]  :P.I own a tactical version of the 1022 [sr22] and using supersonic none expanding ammo the penetration is pretty frightening.

Let's just hope they take a realistic approach to all of the weapons especially the 22 lr realistic drop and muzzle velocity for it.

Above all damage must be correctly put in so shot placement is key.

• Like 1

i have the ruger 10/22 compact in real life and its an awesome little rifle and very accurate. i would love to see it in game

i have the ruger 10/22 compact in real life and its an awesome little rifle and very accurate. i would love to see it in game

The rifle is confirmed apparently so you are in luck.

Let's just hope its not the only .22lr weapon in the game.

PS. .22LR is illegal for hunting in my country - it has too low kinetic energy. A hunter can't own a single .22LR bullet or gun that fires that round - that's also illegal. Maybe that round is popular in western Europe or America, but in eastern Europe is rather rare compared to any hunting round.

They are pretty much banned from hunting also in the USA. Due to poaching (muzzle noise is so low, you could kill 3 deer and sneak them out of a hunt club and noone would even know you were in and out...lol)

They are popular only in the US because the guns are cheap and the ammo is super cheap (if and when you can find it atm). And as you know, America is full of cheap asses :D

They are pretty much banned from hunting also in the USA.

*big game hunting*

*big game hunting*

Yea its totally legal to "hunt" and kill smaller game with it such as rabbits and coyotes. Deer and bigger its illegal but people still do it. They take out a deer with a well placed 22 lr shot.

I use 22 lr quite a bit. Ive dropped deer in one hit with it. Of course, i was within maybe 50 feet, but it went right through the ribs and hit the heart, and without the wasted meat of bigger rounds. 22 lr is totally viable. It is common, cheap and easy to use. not only that, it is used in every type of weapon from lever action to fully automatic. A great idea to add it in. Hope to see it. thatll be my hunting round once hunting is in!

Edited by LootandLive
  • Like 1

@ R.J.   If your ruger mark II \ ruger mark III pistol is jamming on you then you are doing it wrong.  Try cleaning it or not using garbage ammo. 

it would be the weapon of choice for killing boars/cow/sheep/rabbit in dayz sa no doubt. those were the 4 animals that were in dayzmod if i recall. far as zombie and human hunting, let's all be honest here. noone is going to use a 22 cal gun over a 9mm+ lol

Edited by BigCountry

I agree it is a great small animal rifle and fun to shoot but as of right now there isn't any animals to shoot. IMO the .22LR can wait.

It is extremely useful for its purpose. I suppose most people are just uninformed or just obsessed with large calibers. Glad to see they will be using the Ruger 10/22 in this game. Extremely accurate and will be a great addition to this game. 

Okay now you're just feeding the trolls, man. Don't feed the trolls.

I agree it is a great small animal rifle and fun to shoot but as of right now there isn't any animals to shoot. IMO the .22LR can wait.

22lr is good for everything from zombie killing = low noise, head shots

To player killing with well aimed shots.