lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

We also need to remove this crutch. Superman vision. 

jp7pch.jpg

2s16lvt.jpg

Thats not a crutch, thats simulating being able to see detail at range that you could irl but not ingame because of the way the engine handles long ranges

I don't have as much of a problem with the zoom in that instance as I believe it's suppose to simulate focusing in with your eyes in a particular area. You're sacrificing periphery in order to focus in on a specific spot. 

What!? how can you not have a problem with this but an issue with 3rd person? can your eyes magicly zoom?! seriously 1st person only advocates are special people "3rd person is an exploit and it needs to be removed! but lets keep our super zooming in eyes those are totally realistic" this thread is to funny to read and I hope you 1st person only guys enjoy your dead servers because the majority will never play the game you want them too~

• Like 2

What!? how can you not have a problem with this but an issue with 3rd person? can your eyes magicly zoom?! seriously 1st person only advocates are special people "3rd person is an exploit and it needs to be removed! but lets keep our super zooming in eyes those are totally realistic" this thread is to funny to read and I hope you 1st person only guys enjoy your dead servers because the majority will never play the game you want them too~

Did you even read the other 5 replys to why people say it should be in? did you even think before you commented? Now, I think you should go back, and slowly read the entire page before the one you commented on, and then the entire page you commented on. Just to see why people think it should stay. (notice How I am not insulting you,Using sarcastic sentences to make you feel stupid, or any other means to make you feel bad)

Er... Wow, 43 pages? People really rage about this.

Well alright, I might as well be trying to hold back a Tsunami with a handful of pebbles but I'm a fool if nothing else for trying.

How about... I like seeing my character move, I like seeing my character holding their weapon while running around and being able to glance at them as I go? Or holding down Alt to look over my shoulder and casting my glance at my person. I personally can say that I spend more time looking at my person while they're on the move (not just standing holding their gun on the inventory screen which also blots my vision and leaves me completely helpless because I can only move on four axis of direction.

Is it exploitable? Well yes it is, I do my best not to exploit it when I can but I can't say I'm 100% honest.

Oh, here's another one. Maybe I'm just sick and tired of shooters (zombie shooters especially) that have the weird perspective of my gun arm coming out of my right cheek and my left arm coming out of the respective cheek to cradle my weapon. Perhaps I prefer firing from the hip in third person because it makes me feel less like a tard for missing all over the place whereas firing from the hip in first person tricks me because I've been playing FPSs since GoldenEye and firing from the hip has traditionally been counted as "looking down the sights" without having to ram a grey brick up my nostrils.

Uhmmmmmmmm... what else... Oh I think it's cool and more immersive for me to watch my person move around and I don't actually depend on it -that- much, I just like it and don't want it to go anywhere because of reasons.

This entire thread of constant rage just screams of people being butt-hurt because they lost all their gear to a bandit who came around a corner and shot them, or sniped them from a roof. For a community loaded with people that go "Har har, part of the game loser crai more kkthxbai" a lot of people seem pretty worked up over... what is part of the game (which is to say dying, one way or another).

Realistically... how much does anybody actually think that person who was on the roof or behind a corner not being able to see over that lip/around that corner would have saved them? How diligent are people actually about watching rooftops and checking their corners? I bet not even nine-tenths of the people here in this very thread look at rooftops as they enter a town or city like Novy or Cherno respectively and they're just looking for an easy out to blame their lack of due diligence on someone else's "cheating".

For those of you who set ambushes from around corners and on rooftops and were lying in wait for easy prey but ended up getting shot because of third person corner/rooftop peaking... part of the game, QQ more.

Why would look at the roof anyway, the third person guy is prone until your backs turned.

Also you can't tell me that someone watching you from behind a wall 100m out before leaning around that corner to fire is not exploiting a mechanic. Check the corners you say, you'd be lucky to reach the corner before your dead man.

• Like 1

Did you even read the other 5 replys to why people say it should be in? did you even think before you commented? Now, I think you should go back, and slowly read the entire page before the one you commented on, and then the entire page you commented on. Just to see why people think it should stay. (notice How I am not insulting you,Using sarcastic sentences to make you feel stupid, or any other means to make you feel bad)

\Just to point something out, if I focus on a sign 20 feet away from me my eyes dont magicly zoom to the sign its just as much cheating as 3rd person and its gotta go.

Edited by Gerandar
  • Like 1

\Just to point something out, if I focus on a sign 20 feet away from me my eyes dont magicly zoom to the sign its just as much cheating as 3rd person and its gotta go.

but your eyes in real life would see more detail than the game can render, so letting you zoom in lets you see more detail. its mainly meant to see detail at long range

but your eyes in real life would see more detail than the game can render, so letting you zoom in lets you see more detail. its mainly meant to see detail at long range

to bad it breaks my immersion and just like 3rd person should be removed and everyone forced to play my way because its better.

• Like 2

you forgot to add, "3rd person should be removed except we want 3rd person for vehicles to remain"... i like how most of them will pick and choose whats acceptable given how they like to play.

then expect everyone else to be on board..

quite laffable.

• Like 3

Why would look at the roof anyway, the third person guy is prone until your backs turned.

Also you can't tell me that someone watching you from behind a wall 100m out before leaning around that corner to fire is not exploiting a mechanic. Check the corners you say, you'd be lucky to reach the corner before your dead man.

Such is the risk versus reward of entering a town to look for supplies. Such is the risk of approaching said corner.

How about when you accept that people don't want to play in first person, I'll start advocating for first person being removed. (hint: it's impossible since one requires us to switch positions on this argument)

Your eyes also do not render images at 1080p.

Human eye resolution is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR higher than that.

This is what the zooming in feature accounts for.

• Like 3

Such is the risk versus reward of entering a town to look for supplies. Such is the risk of approaching said corner.

How about when you accept that people don't want to play in first person, I'll start advocating for first person being removed. (hint: it's impossible since one requires us to switch positions on this argument)

It doesnt matter what they want.

It is for their own good. They will be thankful in the long run when its removed.

You sir, have my beans

• Like 1

Today I decided to do something ive never done before in dayz....climbed to the top of firestation at NWAF and layed there for about 10 min using 3rd person to scan the area. Killed 7 players in 20 mins...basically every survivor that was trying to loot the airfield. This was so easy and failproof that its ridiculous.

• Like 2

They will be thankful in the long run when its removed.

Said with such certainty. :)

This discussion remind me of topics about thermovision and AS50 removal. Ppl where defending them but now when they are gone nobody wants them back because they where game-breaking.

As for splitting servers why not split for PvP and PvE (which I'm against) we will have four types of servers. I can bet that PvP servers would receive HUGE population hit but ppl takes this idea down all the time "for the greater good".

Said with such certainty. :)

I have faith the devs will be willing to take a little bit of negative feedback in order to improve the gameplay tenfold.

I had a problem with the zooming when the weapon was raised but they got rid of that thankfully.

try looking out over a field generally.. not focusing on anything.. now squint your eyes and focus on a bush or tree and everything that's happening in the immediate vicinity of said tree. You're view isn't "zoomed in" but you're applying focus to a particular spot and, again, your periphery suffers.

With that said, I'd have absolutely no problem if they wanted to get rid of that.. it's not something that's exploitable like the current 3rd person camera is. If you're "zooming" in to look at me, I can "zoom" in to look at you. If you're 3rd person ghost camera-ing me, there are many instances where I cannot do that to you (like defending myself in a building)

• Like 1

3rd person kills competitiveness. In certain situations like camping for kills you gain a drastic advantage. Also, it kills realism.

You are such a nitpicker it is hilarious

• Like 1

Go ahead and make a thread in removing 1st person, I am sure a third person supporter such as your-self can find a good reason to remove it.

3rd person kills competitiveness. In certain situations like camping for kills you gain a drastic advantage. Also, it kills realism.

My favourite online game (Metal Gear Online 2) was 99% 3rd person and it was competitive as hell. Everyone used tpv to camp corners and it was fine. But it was an arena shooter with 12 players and 5 min rounds so nothing like DayZ..

My post is irrelevant, I like to reminisce about MGO. :(

I don't have as much of a problem with the zoom in that instance as I believe it's suppose to simulate focusing in with your eyes in a particular area. You're sacrificing periphery in order to focus in on a specific spot. 

I'm a photographer. It clearly has nothing to do with focus. That is entirely separate from what it actually is: ZOOM. You literally need some sort of superpower/bionic eye to be able to zoom in like that. 

Want to know why the mechanic isn't simulating "focusing in with your eyes n a particular area"? Because there is a zoom out feature too. You can do this in both first and third person. Zooming in narrows your FOV. Zooming out expands it. It is literally just as much as a crutch as third person (minus the seeing through wall glitches). 

Plus, if we are getting rid of third person then we might as well look at other "exploits" that make it easier for people to have an advantage on you right? 

lol

• Like 2