franzuu

Suggestion: Rain Ponchos

I quite like this! Even if they're not camo, a dull color poncho would be great to have on a rainy day in the woods of Chernarus. Keeps you nice and dry from head to toe without switching your shirt for a raincoat.

Should be a bit rare, so as not to make raincoats entirely useless, but I'd be a fan.

I have recently learned that a rain poncho is more commonly referred to as a rain cape.

SO FUCKING WHAT ? IS THIS "GET SICK 2013 SIMULATOR" ?

What's this tool bag's problem? Why restrict content? The more the better. Bring the ponchos on!

• Like 1

I like the idea of the rain poncho's. Personally I do keep one in my backpack IRL and have quite a few stashed around the house and car. They don't take up alot of space, are light and provide protection even if you don't always look cool.

This is what I mean by wet raincoat textures

g7q12tk.jpg

Only that it would be dynamic with raindrops splashing on it, running down, raindrops joining, whatever. + refraction effects for the droplets.

Like it, but probably best to leave the rain coats as they are. What I would like to see, is less pocket space for a rain coat, but also taking up just one slot in your backpack. Just in real life, these coats can be rolled up into very small packages. It would allow you to keep one packed, and change gear when rain hits (which should have an effect on hypothermia, degradation of some products in your outer pockets (bag of rice!) etc.

just like real life, really.

SO FUCKING WHAT ? IS THIS "GET SICK 2013 SIMULATOR" ?

jeez dude, calm your mammaries.

I was just about to post this, thank goodness for the search bar huh? Almost embarrassed myself. I'd love to have poncho's in the game, I was going to discuss other uses for them though, for instance, crafting shelters by combining the poncho with sticks and/or rope. 

P1010007Copy1.jpg

It would be so cool to use them as tents to keep you dry and warm. British DPM for me please :)

0f2e84f9.jpg

l_poncho.jpg

Edited by Goose!
  • Like 3

Poncho from Unbreakable with SECURITY written on the back...

Bruce-Willis.jpg

Edited by Gimpylung
  • Like 2

Don't freak out, this is a topic from before the time of the suggestion forum. Because I want to maintain this topic I'd like for it to be moved to the appropriate section, thank you.

Edited by Franzuu

id much profer this then a freaking rain coat, i love my shirt when i get a col rider jacket, dont want to replace it with a stinky rain coat, i like the poncho cover up better, held in your inventory with  slot probably, like a pocho pack, or your poncho folded up, that apocalypse feel.

As long as it doesn't add extra slots I'm all for it but then what would be the point of the rain jacket?  Should one be rare and harder to find?

A rain poncho would go over your clothes and backpack and keep them dry. It Would make sound when moving around. It has a distinctive sound when rain hits it, to put that in though you'd need rain sound for all kinds of surfaces and clothing so that it wouldn't be too easy to pick it out.

camo rain ponchos

kSVwhwv.jpg

clear rain poncho and different color clear ones

[imghttp://i.imgur.com/DMlMV7l.jpg i fked this one up and can't edit it to be correct "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

0cFa1YA.jpg

solid color rain ponchos

CUnRN7N.jpg

Clear rain ponchos would be plain neat to see. Clear material and how the wet texture would look like with droplets running down the surface.

Also when the weather/temperature/wetness system gets improved this stuff would fit right in.

Rain ponchos are different from raincoats.

Other Ideas: ACOG Backup Sights, Pistol Optics additional functionality

Yes please! I love clothing with hoodies or that are long like that. *squirms* YES!

Fuck yes! I love that movie :D

best super-hero movie i've ever seen

I watched some bullet physics cloth demos and wasn't impressed, disappointed to be honest. Anyway, plastic doesn't act like cloth in the wind or with a living thing moving around in it. Wondering if they will add this stuff in the future? Maybe a job for PhysX?

also, move to suggestions forum?

Don't freak out, this is a topic from before the time of the suggestion forum. Because I want to maintain this topic I'd like for it to be moved to the appropriate section, thank you.

also, move to suggestions forum?

I have told you prior to report your own thread so the moderators are made aware of it.

Like others have said before, this looks good. Throw it on over your clothes. In addition, it's a shelter.

Plus, one could craft (read: sew together) a bunch of them and make some sort of cover for vehicles when they get here:

Dodge_M880_CUCV.jpg