rocket

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113860

i've already found all possible loot 2-3 times over. I think that i am enjoying the game in alpha as much as i enjoy other games, but i would like to see more guns added in with extra rarity, which would give players a good incentive to explore further out to more contested areas, such as the barracks situated north of kamenka and NWAF. Not only would this throw the players a bone to pick at whilst you work on your bugs and what not, it would also keep players more active on the game.

Good luck with the patches in the future.

i've already found all possible loot 2-3 times over. I think that i am enjoying the game in alpha as much as i enjoy other games, but i would like to see more guns added in with extra rarity, which would give players a good incentive to explore further out to more contested areas, such as the barracks situated north of kamenka and NWAF. Not only would this throw the players a bone to pick at whilst you work on your bugs and what not, it would also keep players more active on the game.

Good luck with the patches in the future.

All this should be added in after the core game is working as intended.

No fix for losing our gear when disconnecting from a seerver and connecting to a new one? i am dissapoint.

i rather like that, you shouldn't be hopping servers anyways unless your hopping for loot in which case shame on you.

Yes but hes in danger as soon as he logs back in as hes continuing from where he left off....and that's where my examples come to play ...take number 2 example....whereas not relevant to being unconscious in itself it is relevant to the fact that i would have died because i couldn't find a bandage or rags but didn't as my friend logging in removed any danger of vulnerability of me dieing from loss of blood....just like how you saying that i could logout and login when my buddie is there to make me conscious again...the end result is i survive in both instances >>>>>>>>Lean way :) You get what i mean ?

Anyways we have said all we need to say on the matter...lets not clutter the thread.

Reread your first sentence though.  "Yes but he's in danger as soon as he logs back in".  That's where the problem lies.  Take this situation for example.  Two players are walking together when player one loses consciousness.  Player two doesn't have the necessary supplies to bring player one back to consciousness so he goes searching for the supplies.  Now, let's suppose that this would take about 30 minutes for player two to find the supplies.  If player one is able to just log out while unconscious and then log back in when player two has returned with the supplies, he's realistically only danger for about 20 seconds of that entire 30 minutes.  You see how that could be considered cheap, right?  It's essentially the same as when people log out while under fire from other players or being chased by zombies.  They log out to avoid danger, which goes against the point of this game. 

Edited by denkart

i rather like that, you shouldn't be hopping servers anyways unless your hopping for loot in which case shame on you.

Don't be silly.  There are plenty of legit reasons to have to switch servers.  Lag, play with friends, disconnects, etc.  You shouldn't assume that the guy is server hopping for loot right away.

• Like 2

The following is meant to point out bugs, not to criticize.

Some things I noticed:

- The pistol does not display any info

- It is difficult to access a dead players inventory (requires a tricky angle, takes too much time and therefor is potentially dangerous)

- Killed players disappearing, so they leave no loot (possible disconnect)

- Sun blending turns partially blueish sometimes briefly

- Not all controls implemented in the Config Menu

- Prone stance useless on fields because of too much tall grass

- Bandages still useable even when not hurt

- Items in the quick access bar remain there even if the item is no longer in the inventory (but textureless)

- Direct text chat pretty much useless since noone gets it (is it range limited? I'd remove it entirely. Direct voice only is fine)

- Maybe replace direct voice chat with an integrated mumble (like in the Project Reality BF2 mod, quality is better and also works local)

- Right click menu in the inventory seems "flashy" (as if it is refreshed at lot of times instead of a one time steady appearance; makes the nice new quick menu appear fragile/buggy)

hope this helps, keep up the good work R.!

Direct text chat works and I have used it. You can be across a street in two different buildings and still receive the direct chat. My friends and I sometime troll people like this and when one person types we all receive it (even though we're in different buildings).

Reread your first sentence though.  "Yes but he's in danger as soon as he logs back in".  That's where the problem lies.  Take this situation for example.  Two players are walking together when player one loses consciousness.  Player two doesn't have the necessary supplies to bring player one back to consciousness so he goes searching for the supplies.  Now, let's suppose that this would take about 30 minutes for player two to find the supplies.  If player one is able to just log out while unconscious and then log back in when player two has returned with the supplies, he's realistically only danger for about 20 seconds of that entire 30 minutes.  You see how that could be considered cheap, right?  It's essentially the same as when people log out while under fire from other players or being chased by zombies.  They log out to avoid danger, which goes against the point of this game. 

I totally get what your saying and your right ...we both and its down to dean what one of our views he shares and that shared view will ultimately be the design.....as both of us are right this discussion could last forever and that's why i said we should just move on and not clutter the thread :)

Edited by Massicor

Remember that they can't just fix all the bugs and move on to add content. They have to add content because the content will ultimately be buggy in some variety and form. Rocket's already stated that fixing all of the bugs too soon could be disasterous in itself. An Alpha is almost entirely about adding content, the Beta is for squashing bugs. That's not to say they shoudln't fix bugs where they can and where it makes sense to. I however really would feel most comfortable leaving that judgment up to Rocket and the team at BI.

I completely understand the unconscious logout "fix" although I don't truly expect it to stay in the game through release. I would say for the people who exit while unconscious for reasons beyond their control and simply shit out of luck. It's not about having the time to play all day, even if you percieve this to be the case I don't think you're right about it. It's an Alpha and no matter what your current character and all characters up to release are already dead, they just haven't died yet... So if logging out while unconscious causes you to lose your progress so far that's okay because in reality DayZ is already a harsh game and I only expect it to get harsher. I just respawn anyway when I go unconscious, there's almost no way out of it and I'm not going to delay my experience just so a buddy can collect the items necessary for my revival; unless of course he already had these items. I'd persoanlly not feel like waiting too long, especially if I had other business to take care of, you know, in the case I couldn't play games all day. 

Is 113860 live?  Can't seem to find servers running it... Guessing not since all I see atm are the xxx822 servers.

Edited by Antykain

Is 113860 live?  Can't seem to find servers running it... Guessing not since all I see atm are the xxx822 servers.

Nope, it's on experimental branch right now, I believe they will get it live in the upcoming hours when the team gets back to their offices if they ever sleep!

Only things I had issues with was the screwdriver and hammer not doing damage to zombies and my .45 going through the floor when trying to assign it to slot area and no loot!

Edited by iDash

My concerne about the dead upon disconnecting while restrained or unconcious is about server/connection performance.
I have had few drop outs, would be annoying to start over everytime this happens.
What about server restarts, will it make you dead too? Should add notice about the reboot for the servers.

Can not contect i'm running 0.30 no servers showing up.

If you've installed the lastest update, 113860, there are no servers running it yet it seems.   It's on some of the experimental servers being tested for the time being, I believe.  I am having the same issue with not being able to connect to any servers atm.  Hopefully this will change soon and the other servers will be updated.  :)

Can not contect i'm running 0.30 no servers showing up.

Experimental servers are on germany, there for if you are not from europe you should increase the max ping in the filters for them to show up.

I'm playing on one of the experimental servers as I type this.. working good so far.  :)

Good, you were server hopping. Thanks for the admittance.

What if the server has a red chain and closes? And the survivor wants to play some more and the only option is to join other servers, does it justifies losing your gear also?

they seem to have added the destruction of a portion of food cans when using axes to open them that was quick, and very cool

• Like 1