rocket

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113860

• Design: Player blood and health not regenerating naturally

What does this mean?  

Was our health/blood being regenerated while we were just running around or does this mean that our health/blood was being regenerated when we ate?

You have plenty of time to know before hand whether you are going to go unconscious or not

No you don't, but that would be cool.

What does this mean?  

Was our health/blood being regenerated while we were just running around or does this mean that our health/blood was being regenerated when we ate?

As a developer, I understand it like other people said. It's a design decision that you will regenerate blood naturally now (edit: in certain circumstances). Seems like it didn't before.

Edited by Skalli
  • Like 2

Am i right that blood is regenerationg if you are completely healthy?

• Like 1

I am really greatfull that you guys update the game so quickly! BUT I definitely have a big problem with the game. 

Your Character is too thirsty. I mean it may be thought off realistic but at the current stage you cant find more then 1-2 Drinks in a town.

But you need to drink like 5 liters an hour.... srsly is this guy a camel or what?!

Go north and to the smaller, less frequented settlements. It seems loot respawn only on server restart, so anywhere near spawn points (coast) will be always looted unless the server has just restarted. I am finding all sorts of incredible things in the middle of the map and north. I literally have no more place for food and drinks in my inventory. 

This is a great design decision to make people go everywhere in the map, not only damn cherno, elektro, stary and NWAF. Way to go, team!

Edited by sergio
  • Like 5

and another note, i know its an alpha but the next patch REALLLLYYYY needs to fix the random character wipes. its getting very annoying and pointless to play. 

Sorry, but this is not random, it is necessary sometimes during development. So expect this to keep happening "randomly" until the game is on its final release.

• Like 3

After bf4 which was one of the worst game releases in history especially considering their budget etc i am impressed with this Alpha. Good work on the updates keep them coming ;-) looking forward to more zombies!

Ummm so 113860 is out yay hopefully I can get some health back now.

One question... A few servers are running 113862 not 0, any reasons to that?

I'm surprised that people aren't really talking about the Zombie issues on this thread.

I know the team are aware of them, but for me i'd much rather the Zombies were fixed above all other issues. They appear to have no colliders set, so they go through every wall/door and also float around. Their attacking needs a lot of work so you've got the feeling you are actually in combat, as at the moment it really doesn't.

I know the game is about more than just that, but seeing a Zombie should make you feel you are in danger and having to battle for your life. Having any weapon in the game takes that fear away at the moment.

Everything else for me is great and loving the game. I just hope the Zombie problems are resolved before it goes live. 

I keep following Dean on Twitter for that hopeful patch 'Zombies now fixed'...!

P.S i think the loot is perfect. You should feel like 'can i make it to the next town alive..' anything else wouldn't make it a survival game. 

Constant zombie/can opening/drink opening sounds played in game. It's like half the sound file is played. Used to only get it when near an animal but now it's all the time.

glad to see this game going forward little by little daily good work.

Edited by louis25

I believe all the loot spawns in when the server restarts so you need to get that loot quick sharp!

I believe all the loot spawns in when the server restarts so you need to get that loot quick sharp!

Bro, I'm sorry for being unclear, I know it does, my question was: is it SUPPOSE to spawn randomly or on server restart? Is it a bug? Or is this the way it's suppose to be? I hope not.

Lovin the update. I have a question I know you took off the "Player uses modified data" when joinning a game, but are you going to add something else to show someone has join the server such as <name> Has Joined The Server or mabye something more special to the game?

You will always have these kind of problems in the game.

Here is a few examples to explain what i mean :

1. My friend is on a server and im on another one i fall unconscious due to thirst...now if my friend joined my server to come help me is that cheating ? your answer to this should also be yes as the same logic you used above still applies but its isn't cheating as im still unconscious and hes still taking the steps needed to fix me up as he would if he was on my server with me to begin with if he wasn't able to switch server to help me then i would die. This would mean unconsciousness  already fails to serve its purpose but its widely accepted as a game limit so there's lean way here

2. If i use a bandage to help my friend after a fight with a zombie because he has no bandages or rags but i got that bandage from another server...is that cheating? the answer should again be yes using your logic but its not as im still taking the steps i would normally have needed to take if i was already on his server to bandage his wound. If i didn't find that bandage on another server and he couldn't find a bandage on his server then he would die. More lean way ?

What im getting at is that this is a game ...simulator or not ..there needs to be lean way with whats added and there needs to be lean way to this design and that lean way is making it only apply to people who recently received damage from another player.

Sorry if i didn't explain it that good as its 3am and im fucked :P

your whole logic is wrong using items between servers isn't cheating, but logging out right when you go unconscious to wait for your friend to get to where you are is. That's being unconscious for like 10 secs when it could of took your friend 10-15 to get to you with the needed supplies. You are exploiting a game mechanic.

• Like 1

I totally get what your saying and your right ...we both and its down to dean what one of our views he shares and that shared view will ultimately be the design.....as both of us are right this discussion could last forever and that's why i said we should just move on and not clutter the thread :)

your far from right, must not of played the mod...log out unconscious wait 2 hrs to wake up without epipen next time you join in

Teleport me, as I understood was teleport network bubble diameter, 860 build hacked :(

Rocket, figure please.

sorry, i translate in google.

Do NOT add more loot! As a matter of fact, MAKE IT HARDER TO SURVIVE!

I agree with this 100%. I've made it to NW airfield and the trip was F'n awesome! I had to explore every little building along the way. When I got there, it's set up really sweet, but there is a lot of military grade gear. I don't think there needs to be more loot at all. I have yet to find a map, but when I found my compass I was STOKED. I love that feeling of finding an item that is rare. That's the game for me honestly.

I should note that after sticking around the airfield and being greedy, I was shot in the back by another player. Gotta get in and get out boys, especially if your lone wolfing it. 

I absolutely love the game so far. It has given me those initial feelings that I had when I first played the mod only way better. I love the fact that the entire map is truly a resource. Keep up the great work. I cannot wait to see where it goes over the course of the next year.

• Like 2

Big problem I'm seeing in this thread:

TL;DR- People should acknowledge that losing your toon when you switch servers is a game breaking glitch and deserves top priority attention.

Person A: "Fix the player wipe when switching servers"
Person B: "DONT SERVER JUMP"

Reasons that Person A is right and that all the Person B's are being absurdly irrational:

1. There is nothing illegitimate about switching servers!

-Real life example from the last time I lost my stuff: Server I'm playing on goes down for extended period of time. Solution is to join another server, now my char is dead, great.

-What if your friend is on a different server and, god forbid, you'd like to play together?

2. To say "well this is Alpha, you gotta expect stuff like this" doesn't make sense when we're getting fixes like faster running while empty handed (not a realistic mechanic btw) and new crafting recipes e.g. splints for broken legs.

3. If this was explained, somewhere, anywhere, as a game mechanic with a time limit- "no switching servers within 5 minutes", or for any other reason, then it might be understandable. But as of now it's simply a glitch.

This has cost me personally, hours and hours of hard work and made the game virtually unplayable. I never know if my gear will be there when I join a new server.