rocket

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113860

Switching between two-handed weapons works well, however, transitioning to pistol sill causes the player to stop.

Edited by Merrick362
  • Like 1

Moron.... your full reply is total garbage hahahahah....its as if you are trying to reply to me with a comment about a different subject :S

The pure fact that you started your reply with "ALPHA. ALPHER! Expect 100's of player wipes over the next year." just shows that you have no clue what i was actually talking about lol as i wasn't complaining about player wipes....go read all my other posts before actually replying to a post misinformed :S

FYI alphas aren't just about testing mechanics of the game its about providing feedback on everything to do with the game and that includes giving unbiased feedback good or bad. You cant just go around saying its alpha its alpha expect bugs every time someone provides their views/feedback otherwise nothing would fucking get sorted or changed. Now iv informed you what alpha actually is i look forward to seeing a proper reply fully relevant to what i was actually talking about.

What you were talking about is your va-jay-jay being all in a knot about your character being killed and needing to fresh spawn when you log out unconscious and re-log in. Your assumption that is to punish combat loggers and that you as a casual player think that just plain sux QQ. Now, my reply is completely accurate. You will experience many many deaths by virtue of it being alpher, and probable more deaths due to server wipes (we have had one already). So yah, I stand by what I said, because your 'feedback' is a bent va-jay-jay complaint about a current feature NOT A BUG. Now, go sniff some glue.

• Like 1

What about unconscious bug there is no timer and sometimes you never get back up it seems?

Will this be fixed because I was just logged in and out until I got back up, now that will kill me?

• Like 2

The only problem i have found in this update. Is the animation of aiming the M4 once taken off the body of another player. The ACOG is not letting me aim its looks as if the animation is looking thru the butt of the gun. however i can remove it and use iron sites. but had to ditch the ACOG all together.

For some reason, I keep getting the updates WAY earlier then my friends. It prevents me from playing on any servers. Its not a big problem, but its a tad annoying. However, other then this I haven't encountered any "game breaking" bugs. Great job on the game Dean, I've been enjoying it!

You most likely have steam set to automatically update to experimental builds which only has a few test servers.

Go to steam, right click on dayz>properties>betas and select NON-opt out of all beta programs.

Then Local files>verify integrity of game cache

and steam will update back to the released build

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

What about unconscious bug there is no timer and sometimes you never get back up it seems?

Will this be fixed because I was just logged in and out until I got back up, now that will kill me?

That's not a bug, you won't get conscious if you keep your blood too low.

When you spawn you spawn thristy and hungry, you need to eat and drink a real lot until your stomach is full.

• Design: Player blood and health not regenerating naturally

Thank god, I thought I was going crazy. Was eating every change I could to make sure I would regenerate health but the colors never came back!

What you were talking about is your va-jay-jay being all in a knot about your character being killed and needing to fresh spawn when you log out unconscious and re-log in. Your assumption that is to punish combat loggers and that you as a casual player think that just plain sux QQ. Now, my reply is completely accurate. You will experience many many deaths by virtue of it being alpher, and probable more deaths due to server wipes (we have had one already). So yah, I stand by what I said, because your 'feedback' is a bent va-jay-jay complaint about a current feature NOT A BUG. Now, go sniff some glue.

While I agree with the point you're trying to make, I can't help but call out your abhorrent way of trying to make it. Insulting other members is a very inadequate method of getting them to listen to you - doing so by using sexist phrases is even more so (I'm not entirely sure why having a Vagina invalidates anything another person says...). And don't let me pick favorites! Massicor is doing an equally terrible job of conducting himself in a civilized manner. When someone respond to other people in this manner, all it does is make it harder for others such as myself to take them seriously, or to agree with their opinions. In short: it's utterly unproductive.

Edited by KuroKitten
  • Like 1

We got to get the Colt 1911 out there, rocket.

that's going to be my baby :beans: :beans: :)

I don't think he is saying it's cheating. He is saying what stops people from immediately logging when they go unconscious and wait for a buddy to gather the necessary items to revive them thus they have no danger of dying. They would only need to log in as soon as their buddy tells them. 

You have plenty of time to know before hand whether you are going to go unconscious or not and log before hand if you have other priorities. 

I'd say it is kind of cheating, yes.  The whole point of being unconscious is that you're left in a vulnerable state and need help from others.  If Rocket doesn't put this update through, then the whole going unconscious thing fails to serve its purpose.  Why?  Because people will just log off while waiting for their friend to collect the materials to save them and not be in any danger of having zombies or players come upon them and taking advantage of their state.  Will it affect some people that just want to go to bed?  Yeah, and that sucks, but its better than just having people cheese the system and avoid danger.  Is there a better way to go about stopping people from logging while unconscious?  Possibly, I don't know.  If you think of any good alternatives, then post them!  I'm sure Rocket and his team are open to good suggestions.

Hehe well he kinda is like he said himself :P

This is where my examples of lean way come in as like i said before the game has many of this type of problem with the game. To explain a little more ill take a quote from you "what stops people from immediately logging when they go unconscious and wait for a buddy to gather the necessary items to revive them thus they have no danger of dying. They would only need to log in as soon as their buddy tells them."

Now take this for example....Im in a gunfight with someone in the supermarket at elektro and im as good as dead as im low on health and have no ammo left and my friend says im in the back of the supermarket. Now what stop me telling my friend when to join in the server and where the guy is so he can shoot the guy in the back then come to bandage me and blood bag me? We have all accepted the lean way given here and as i said before the new design for unconsciousness needs to have lean way for players that go unconscious from thirst/hunger/exhaustion because at the end of the day as long as they take the proper steps needed to become conscious again then people shouldn't be punished.

Im quite sick of the explaining it now and wont explain any further as it doesn't even effect me lol but i give my unbiased view/feedback regardless.

Edited by Massicor

Updated my client, but no servers seem to have updated yet.. :/  Patience i guess, ehh?   :)

Any help finding 113860 since there is no Server filter for different versions?

I figure it out put your max ping to 300. The green experimental Server will come to the top when you hit Host to sort.

Edited by iDash

You will always have these kind of problems in the game.

Here is a few examples to explain what i mean :

1. My friend is on a server and im on another one i fall unconscious due to thirst...now if my friend joined my server to come help me is that cheating ? your answer to this should also be yes as the same logic you used above still applies but its isn't cheating as im still unconscious and hes still taking the steps needed to fix me up as he would if he was on my server with me to begin with if he wasn't able to switch server to help me then i would die. This would mean unconsciousness  already fails to serve its purpose but its widely accepted as a game limit so there's lean way here

2. If i use a bandage to help my friend after a fight with a zombie because he has no bandages or rags but i got that bandage from another server...is that cheating? the answer should again be yes using your logic but its not as im still taking the steps i would normally have needed to take if i was already on his server to bandage his wound. If i didn't find that bandage on another server and he couldn't find a bandage on his server then he would die. More lean way ?

What im getting at is that this is a game ...simulator or not ..there needs to be lean way with whats added and there needs to be lean way to this design and that lean way is making it only apply to people who recently received damage from another player.

Sorry if i didn't explain it that good as its 3am and im fucked :P

You misunderstood me.  Neither of those situations are similar to what I was talking about.  In both of the situations you described, the unconscious individual would still be logged in, lying on the ground, waiting for help.  The situation I described was of an unconscious person logging off, and remaining logged off (thus removing him from danger), until someone can help him.  The unconscious individual is in no danger if he's offline the entire time while his friend goes to get supplies.

And this just shows even further how much of a moron you are ....you still cant get it through your thick head that alpha isn't all about bugs....its about everything to do with the game and features are part of the game yes ? Your assumption that im a casual player just plain stupid and my va-jay-jay ? grow up ! Like i said before this doesn't even affect me but ill give my unbiased feedback/view regardless. And also your banging on about deaths being a virtue of it being an alpha....yes we all know that but we are talking about the new design of being unconscious and the effect that logging out during unconscious has to different types of players so stop adding in your crap about alpha this deaths that.

• Like 1

• Design: Player blood and health not regenerating naturally

Wait does this mean that you WONT be able to regen health and blood after the update?

You misunderstood me.  Neither of those situations are similar to what I was talking about.  In both of the situations you described, the unconscious individual would still be logged in, lying on the ground, waiting for help.  The situation I described was of an unconscious person logging off, and remaining logged off (thus removing him from danger), until someone can help him.  The unconscious individual is in no danger if he's offline the entire time while his friend goes to get supplies.

Yes but hes in danger as soon as he logs back in as hes continuing from where he left off....and that's where my examples come to play ...take number 2 example....whereas not relevant to being unconscious in itself it is relevant to the fact that i would have died because i couldn't find a bandage or rags but didn't as my friend logging in removed any danger of vulnerability of me dieing from loss of blood....just like how you saying that i could logout and login when my buddie is there to make me conscious again...the end result is i survive in both instances >>>>>>>>Lean way :) You get what i mean ?

Anyways we have said all we need to say on the matter...lets not clutter the thread.

Edited by Massicor

I really hope they fix the accuracy, I found that to be the biggest let down they haven't patched or realized yet.... when I had a m4 and had like over 250+ rounds all flapjack clips of 60, I tested out the accuracy and I cannot for the life of me hit a zombie that's farther than 50 feet away with just one single bullet a single accurate shot, I have to shoot about 5-6 times before I hit them aiming dead center on their chest with ironsight aimdown. I think the accuracy is terrible, what happened to it? it makes me wonder if I wont ever be able to shoot 300-400 yards at all anymore with any assault rifle? in arma2 dayz the m4 shot fairly accurate up to 300 yards at least, now I cant even shoot past 50 yards at least. rounds just land randomly around the front sight post and its a shame.

I really hope they fix the accuracy, I found that to be the biggest let down they haven't patched or realized yet.... when I had a m4 and had like over 250+ rounds all flapjack clips of 60, I tested out the accuracy and I cannot for the life of me hit a zombie that's farther than 50 feet away with just one single bullet a single accurate shot, I have to shoot about 5-6 times before I hit them aiming dead center on their chest with ironsight aimdown. I think the accuracy is terrible, what happened to it? it makes me wonder if I wont ever be able to shoot 300-400 yards at all anymore with any assault rifle? in arma2 dayz the m4 shot fairly accurate up to 300 yards at least, now I cant even shoot past 50 yards at least. rounds just land randomly around the front sight post and its a shame.

Have you changed the zeroing of the M4? The weapon hits it's iron sight point at the distance it is zero'd. (Pag up, Pag down by default) I don't know if this actually works like this as this was previously for the sniper rifles but I assume it should be like this now. The weapon is zero'd by default at 100m

Edited by LouisK

The following is meant to point out bugs, not to criticize.

Some things I noticed:

- The pistol does not display any info

- It is difficult to access a dead players inventory (requires a tricky angle, takes too much time and therefor is potentially dangerous)

- Killed players disappearing, so they leave no loot (possible disconnect)

- Sun blending turns partially blueish sometimes briefly

- Not all controls implemented in the Config Menu

- Prone stance useless on fields because of too much tall grass

- Bandages still useable even when not hurt

- Items in the quick access bar remain there even if the item is no longer in the inventory (but textureless)

- Direct text chat pretty much useless since noone gets it (is it range limited? I'd remove it entirely. Direct voice only is fine)

- Maybe replace direct voice chat with an integrated mumble (like in the Project Reality BF2 mod, quality is better and also works local)

- Right click menu in the inventory seems "flashy" (as if it is refreshed at lot of times instead of a one time steady appearance; makes the nice new quick menu appear fragile/buggy)

hope this helps, keep up the good work R.!

Edited by app0815
  • Like 5

Love your hard work on this. Thanks for that. I wish you and your Team a Merry Xmas and a nice Holiday.

Some things I noticed:

- It is difficult to access a dead players inventory (requires a tricky angle, takes too much time and therefor is potentially dangerous)

- Items in the quick access bar remain there even if the item is no longer in the inventory (but textureless)

- Direct text chat pretty much useless since noone gets it (is it range limited? I'd remove it entirely. Direct voice only is fine)

- Maybe replace direct voice chat with an integrated mumble (like in the Project Reality BF2 mod, quality is better and also works local)

- Right click menu in the inventory seems "flashy" (as if it is refreshed at lot of times instead of a one time steady appearance; makes the nice new quick menu appear fragile/buggy)

I think they should make it so the gear thats on a dead body appears in the VICINITY and is lootable when standing next to the body.

• Like 3

Some things I noticed:

Send this to bug report, reallly, it'll help a lot.