rocket

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113860

Reading through this thread has shown me the dayz community has turned into a peace of shit.

It's just full of assholes who think they know best....

not everyone is like this.. there are some turning the polite ones into rude customers over the time. So just stay polite even if someone is talking bullshit in you opinion

• Like 1

The game as it is, is interesting enough to play for quite a while.... in a year it will reach beta? Holy Crap, it's going to be jam packed no doubt!

• Like 1

@Waparo

I like how the system works, I just dont like the fact you need to eat so much to get stuffed. Feels like I am playing the "American" version of the game, where ppl usally is fat and obese, :P

Please don't make comments like that.

• Like 2

I am really trying to resist this game. I purpose read booty-bothered threads about the supposed "failures" of the Alpha...but I just want to play it more and more. If i survived battlefield 4's launch i can survive this.

• Like 1

You are absolutely right!

Why extra punish someone who is arlerady punished, like being unconscious or cuffed. You are literally bound. What is wrong with getting away from the game and come back whenever you have the time

no, absolutely wrong. First and for most, this is alpher. That means that things get added, things get tweaked, things get removed (wash rinse repeat) etc. If you're restrained, and you log, it should be a death sentence... e.g. you decided you just couldn't take it any more and really got the 'easy way out'. Same if you are unconscious. That said, I have to go back to my first statement. I believe that the logging due to unconsciousness, (which may or may not be tied to being restrained) was causing issues with the hive. The immediate fix was to just kill the character that's passed out if he dc's. I doubt it is a 'punishment', just an alpher hot fix. I would however like to think that dc's of restrained people is (or at least should be) a punishment.

To answer directly "What is wrong with getting away from the game and come back whenever you have the time"... when you are restrained and you log out, are those accosting you (and making that particular DayZ scenario that you are a part of) going to be waiting for you to que back up into position "whenever you have the time"? No, so yes, you should be punished for logging and taking the experience away from other players because you didn't like the situation you found yourself in.

• Like 3

no, absolutely wrong. First and for most, this is alpher. That means that things get added, things get tweaked, things get removed (wash rinse repeat) etc. If you're restrained, and you log, it should be a death sentence... e.g. you decided you just couldn't take it any more and really got the 'easy way out'. Same if you are unconscious. That said, I have to go back to my first statement. I believe that the logging due to unconsciousness, (which may or may not be tied to being restrained) was causing issues with the hive. The immediate fix was to just kill the character that's passed out if he dc's. I doubt it is a 'punishment', just an alpher hot fix. I would however like to think that dc's of restrained people is (or at least should be) a punishment.

To answer directly "What is wrong with getting away from the game and come back whenever you have the time"... when you are restrained and you log out, are those accosting you (and making that particular DayZ scenario that you are a part of) going to be waiting for you to que back up into position "whenever you have the time"? No, so yes, you should be punished for logging and taking the experience away from other players because you didn't like the situation you found yourself in.

Well, all of the above... and...

... its a fckin game. If losing all your shit once in a blue moon due to having to disconnect under fire/while being restrained, forces you into a depression and expectations of reimbursement/etc, you should seek professional help instead of playing Day Z.

• Like 2

*snip*

I didn't buy Standalone, during the alpha testing period, to play the Day Z mod with better graphics.  I came here to test.  If myself or my friends and I want to spend money to have a controlled testing environment, without other players around, why the hell is that a problem?  We'd be spending money the company should and wouldn't have to, to get testing done.  Isn't that what alpha tests are for?  Finding bugs, reproducing them, and reporting them?

Or are we just here to play the mod with better graphics and a new inventory systtem

You seem not to understand our jobs as a 'alpher testers'. No one here playing the game is testing anything, we are simply playing a game. The 'Team Rocket' is doing the testing. They are compiling data,  reading bug reports, changing parameters, tweaking etc. THEY are the ones running tests, we are just running the rat maze. Seemingly fine line nuance there, but the difference is as wide as Chanarus.

• Like 1

legit speed hack - legit prog --> "xSpeed v7" , speed run work, please fix it

Lol dude post this is the correct area This is about what they fixed or changed in the 0.30.113860 Patch Not bug or Hack Reporting unless it's something on the list that they say got fixed.

Edited by Pager

Impressed with the character and gear texture quality guys. Top notch! Keep more stuff coming. 

Please release a new patch. This game needs content.

You are aware that it's December 23rd? Gonna have to hold on until after Christmas now, I think...

Edited by Mos1ey

very good patch but bodies disappearing if disconnected 'too fast' is still not fixed and it s one of the major bugs and annoyances. please fix it, it ruins the whole idea of killing someone if they can t be looted. fps is great, game is very fluid and balanced, no other major complains (other than the biggest: find a solution for this server hopping pain in the a** thing, 5-10 seconds in surrender position after disconnecting should be enough, everybody is a clogger). slowly also new items and buildings should appear, aswell as stashes and/or tents, i explored the map and left wanting more. still supporting the "move balota mitary tents to east or even to NEAF" request but looks like they re goin' to stay there. maybe a suggestion: make rify mil high value, it s a great spot, but only for cans and cargo pants it s maybe not worthy taking the risk (still, i got my only press vest there). overall, it doesn t feel like an alpha, i think it runs already more stable and fluid as the mod. ps: the deserted castles/ruins were a bit of a dissapointment, but thanks for the extra barracks/ mil high value

very good patch but bodies disappearing if disconnected 'too fast' is still not fixed and it s one of the major bugs and annoyances. please fix it, it ruins the whole idea of killing someone if they can t be looted. fps is great, game is very fluid and balanced, no other major complains (other than the biggest: find a solution for this server hopping pain in the a** thing, 5-10 seconds in surrender position after disconnecting should be enough, everybody is a clogger). slowly also new items and buildings should appear, aswell as stashes and/or tents, i explored the map and left wanting more. still supporting the "move balota mitary tents to east or even to NEAF" request but looks like they re goin' to stay there. maybe a suggestion: make rify mil high value, it s a great spot, but only for cans and cargo pants it s maybe not worthy taking the risk (still, i got my only press vest there). overall, it doesn t feel like an alpha, i think it runs already more stable and fluid as the mod. ps: the deserted castles/ruins were a bit of a dissapointment, but thanks for the extra barracks/ mil high value

The castles/ruins aren't necessarily deserted. The items seem to spawn under each floor level. If you drop an item at a floor level, it appears under the floor as well. Just needs fixed.

There has to be more than 5-10 seconds in surrender before logging; way more. In regular combat, you may end up waiting for your opponent to leave a building; if it takes 10 seconds for him to be able to log out, he will successfully log out, and exit the building on another server. It might be a great idea to add a vicinity check to logging as well; say, if you are within 200 meters of another player, you cannot log out; in that case, you could compromise a lower surrender timer.

I _STRONGLY_ agree there has to be a fix to the server hopping issue. Loot cycling is both easier and safer now than it ever was in DayZ Mod. A good portion of the servers have their high-level gear looted by a much smaller portion of the players. Add this to players spawning inside a building you just cleared and deem temporarily safe, because they are server hopping for loot. There is nothing wrong with a player spawning where he logged off because he could no longer play at that time, but if so many are server hopping, the probability of a legit "this is where I logged off last night" spawn is extremely dwarfed.

Edit: Perhaps use a vicinity check when logging in as well. Refuse spawn until area clears. The side effect is that friends would not be able to log out or log in the same predefined area. But there will be no urgency related to this as, if they are in combat, they must not combat log anyway, and if they aren't, then they can take the extra minute to spread out and log. Those logging out in a popular area that are forced to wait for a random player to leave their immediate spawn area would have to live with it. The probability of this is small anyhow, and is avoidable by players not logging out in popular areas. It's not desirable anyway, as who would want to spawn next to a non-friendly and risk the disadvantage?

Edited by icenhower
  • Like 2

+1 for VICINITY CHECK, great idea and could be the solution. in the mod, the players were also not alowed to log out when a zed or a player were in the vicinity, not to forget if one shot his weapon delay

Nothing special..? What about the Mauser and the 22mm Ruger  both confirmed afaik !

I am talking about M24, M95, SSG-3000, SSG-69, M40A3/A1

And we could have Karabiner 98K, Springfield M1903A4, Lee Enfield No.4

Even AI AW50F!

That's what we need and less bs what they got in the future development list of arms!

Melee

Sidearms

Shotguns

Bolt Action Rifles

Assault Rifles

Sniper Rifles

Only Mosin 9130...That's just bad...I have been playing every single FPS game with Bolt Action rifles cause I love em IRL since CS 1.6 AWP and I am good with em....

Bows – Has been talked about and though they really want them, they do offer major technical challenges for the teeam.

And that's just mediocre...

Edited by Lukis

Loot is currently pretty good, the only part I suppose has not been addressed yet is the loot spawn in the new apartment buildings and roofs, is there suppose to be loot there at this point in time or has it not yet been implemented ? 

I havent been able to  keep up to date with it over the past week. Have played for a few hours but literally seen 2 zombies. Been a bit strange running through big towns with hardly any. Also loot is very sparse. 

Apart from that it seems pretty smooth. The inventory system seems a little clunky and confusing. Seems like they pretty much copy pasted it from Arma3 but somehow made it even less intuitive Apart fromt that its surprisingly good re performance and bugs.

I fully think that they will have to develop more maps once its a full release. Just having Cherno isn't going to cut it. I already found myself getting a tab bored of running around the same places as the mod.

Looking good in general though.  

Edited by triggy89

I am talking about M24, M95, SSG-3000, SSG-69, M40A3/A1

And we could have Karabiner 98K, Springfield M1903A4, Lee Enfield No.4

Even AI AW50F!

That's what we need and less bs what they got in the future development list of arms!

Melee

Sidearms

Shotguns

Bolt Action Rifles

Assault Rifles

Sniper Rifles

Only Mosin 9130...That's just bad...I have been playing every single FPS game with Bolt Action rifles cause I love em IRL since CS 1.6 AWP and I am good with em....

And that's just mediocre...

As it seems you missed the complete discussion about weapons on the forums...most people want to see believable and realsitic weapons fitting the Eastern Europe/Russian background and beeing mainly focused on melee  weapons and civilian firearms.

Beside the current weapons we will see (afaik) a Mauser carbine, a 22 mm Ruger, a crossbow and of course the good old AK ..I personnaly think this will absolutely do it taking into acocount that every weapon can be fully customized...everything extra will be a nice surprise.

• Like 2

*snip*

You seem not to understand our jobs as a 'alpher testers'. No one here playing the game is testing anything, we are simply playing a game. The 'Team Rocket' is doing the testing. They are compiling data,  reading bug reports, changing parameters, tweaking etc. THEY are the ones running tests, we are just running the rat maze. Seemingly fine line nuance there, but the difference is as wide as Chanarus.

Players are testing things, finding bugs and then reporting them on the bug tracker which can be found here. So actually, yes players are contributing and bringing bugs to the attention of the developers so they can be fixed.

Players are testing things, finding bugs and then reporting them on the bug tracker which can be found here. So actually, yes players are contributing and bringing bugs to the attention of the developers so they can be fixed

Yap and not only this but also disussing game design and mechanics always had huge impact on the game development.