OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Hi im Mark. :) i just got a new gaming pc for my birthday hoping to play dayz but when i hooked it up and downloaded "dayz standalone" it lags like crazy so i find out  "The graphics card and the PC is aimed at the beginner gamer." so i need to buy a better graphics card i came across one called  "Radeon HD7750" will i be able to run dayz with little to no lag with this card? please help thanks

What cpu does the pc have?? Yes that card will run it ,my advice would be use the search function on these forums and find a guide to tweeking the setting and cfg file to get the smoothest dayz experience you can .

Dont forget we are still in alpha they will be doing more optimization of the game through beta but i wouldnt expect to much out of that maybe a few frames a second..

• Like 1

I can run it on Intel HD 4400 integrated graphics on my laptop on medium/some high settings and get around 40 fps, so you should be perfectly fine.

• Like 1

I'd guess the game will run pretty well on medium to maybe some higher settings but it's up to you to find the most satisfactory combination of settings and performance. There's room for some experimentation with the system you have which is a good thing  :) . Just fiddle around with the settings a bit!

Perfect, that's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated. :)

yeah cpu should solidly  run the game yeah the 1 gig vram on the gpu is a little low but if your going to get another gpu( graphics card) id do research on its wattage use as you psu is 400 should be enough of the top of my head but always better to check.

But again before you bother to upgrade ( as i think you should get an ok use from what is already onboard the pc id check some tweeking guides for setting and the cfg file doing tthings in the cfg like lowering scene complexity viewing range and couple other things can make a huge difference to the game check them out and give it a go before dropping anymore money on it.

Edit guides like this ( this one aint the best most comprehensive but i just did quick search to give you an idea of things to do )http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-performance-guide-crash-fix/

Edited by SoulFirez

Hey. I've recently been thinking about purchasing DayZ, I've come here to ask you guys if is there any possiblity I can run it?

Windows 7

Intel Core i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs) ~3.1GHz

Nvidia Geforce GT 220

4GB

I know my specs pretty much suck. Is there any possibility I can run this game?

Hey. I've recently been thinking about purchasing DayZ, I've come here to ask you guys if is there any possiblity I can run it?

Windows 7

Intel Core i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs) ~3.1GHz

Nvidia Geforce GT 220

4GB

I know my specs pretty much suck. Is there any possibility I can run this game?

Just about, don't expect miracles.

Good luck and let us know how (badly) it runs, the feedback is important for new members like yourself.

I can run it on Intel HD 4400 integrated graphics on my laptop on medium/some high settings and get around 40 fps, so you should be perfectly fine.

Thats sounds really optimistic to me. I've seen you post that a few times now so I really wonder - where do you get said 40 fps with those settings if I may ask? And most importantly, what are your fps in towns including larger towns like Cherno? 

Edited by Salva

Thats sounds really optimistic to me. I've seen you post that a few times now so I really wonder - where do you get said 40 fps with those settings if I may ask? And most importantly, what are your fps in towns including larger towns like Cherno? 

well, the 40 to 50 fps is in forests and smaller towns, going into Cherno I drop to 25-30ish, but its still perfectly playable.

well, the 40 to 50 fps is in forests and smaller towns, going into Cherno I drop to 25-30ish, but its still perfectly playable.

Okay well if that's the case thats some really good news since that would mean almost anyone can play the game.. it still sounds rather optimistic to me but you seem sincere  :) .

Okay well if that's the case thats some really good news since that would mean almost anyone can play the game.. it still sounds rather optimistic to me but you seem sincere  :) .

Good :) . I had another guy who didn't believe me so I tried posting a screenshot to prove it, but its way harder then it should be to upload a pic to here. Im honestly surprised it runs as good as it does, it was kind of bad for a little while but I asked around on here for best setting and took what people said and apparently found the perfect settings, because technically I shouldn't be able to run it.

Hey guys, title says it all, I've just come home for a few days and noticed my mother has bought herself a laptop, its pretty bog standard one with a AMD A4 Quad-Core chip and Radeon HD 8330 Graphics, so as I am a console gamer usually, I'm all confused now.  Could I play DAYZ with this set-up if it was on a lower setting?? 

Would you mind posting a full list of specs for us? You can do this either using;

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

or 

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

or both! Post the results here and we can then judge A: if it'll run. B: how well it'll run. 

I will warn you though, just like EvilTigerAce - laptops aren't the best at running games, especially something like DayZ.

ahhh right, that sucks!! I am not going to try them links as I doubt my mother has any anti-virus software but ill just type what I've found.....so here goes, its got  AMD A4-5000 with Radeon HD graphics and it runs at 1.50ghz, it also has 8gb of RAM. 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor.

So basically I am most defiantly looking at buying a tower PC to play this game, if so what specs should I be looking at?? I should be getting a Tax rebate soon, around £600 so a nice gaming PC could be on the cards.

ARMA 2 looks pretty decent.......when prone, but then it looks like crap when moving. Ill just buy a gaming rig when I get my tax rebate. Cheers guys, see you in DayZ soon.

Hey guys, title says it all,

Merged.

Title does indeed say it all.

Edited by Max Planck

Lol I'm on an HD 3000... It's not fun (all low = 15fps)

Soon I'll be on a HD 4600 though. Then I'll be cool...

• Like 1

Hey folks,

My new PC is currently being sourced and built, and I was just wondering what kind of experience I might expect.

Desktop or Laptop?: Desktop
Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080
CPU: Intel i5-4570 3.2GHz
GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3
SSD? (Yes/No) 120GB SSD w/2TB WD Red HDD

Thanks!
Edited by Mercasaurus

Desktop or Laptop?: Desktop
Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080
CPU: AMD FX-6300 Six Core CPU (3.50GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)
GPU: 2GB AMD RADEONTM R9 270X - DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 capable 
RAM: 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X FURY DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
SSD? (Yes/No) yes
Will it run on reccomended ?

Hi there, 

First, let me start by saying, I know a lot of people get upset because there may be topics related to what question I am going to ask.  I find this in a lot of forums.  Please know, that I have searched the forum, before I made this thread, to see if my specific question has been answered.  I used multiple search queries, using multiple keywords, phrases, etc... and wasn't able to find what I was looking for.  With that being said, if this is a duplicate post of some sort, then I truly apologize.  There are multiple ways to ask something, or explain something using different phrases, words, etc... so the search feature isn't always the most accurate tool to utilize.

Now, onto my question. :)

I am just getting back into gaming, and at the advice of my buddy, have started to play DayZ.  I LOVE THIS GAME!  

Unfortunately,  I am low on cash, and the computer I have (an Inspiron 660) is the only thing I can afford at this time.  I've had it for maybe 2 years, and use it mainly for my job (which I work from home).  I know this isn't meant to be a gaming PC, but, I was hoping I could get a few pointers on how to setup my configuration to get the best possible game play as far as graphics and such is concerned.

Because I am low on funds, my buddy was kind enough to give me his GTX 460 video card, and I have been using that (after I bought a new power supply to accommodate it) and it plays pretty nice for the most part, I was just wondering if anyone had any recomendations to get the game to be even better (seeing farther in the distance, better textures, etc...)

I guess a bit about my computer:

i3 with 6gb of Memory.  (the i3 is a piece of shit, I know, I apologize).

If anyone is in a similiar situation as me, where upgrading is not the most practical option, is there any configuration settings that may be useful to help with better game play?

I thank you so much for reading my long, drawn-out post, and thank you for helping me in advance to enjoy DayZ even more than I already do.

Best Regards,

C