OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Looks good. Don't forget to get a DVD drive lol, you might wanna consider getting an SSD for OS and maybe few games.

Also this isn't nescessary for DayZ,but have you considered getting a 3gb+ VRAM card? I mean 2GB is good, but some games are pushing it texture resolution wise.

Ps. Any particualr reason for AMD processor?

Edited by Esccapee

Yes it can, better than medium with the right settings.. do tons of research.

Also, don't go cheap on your peripherals.. like your mouse, headphones/mic, etc. Buy nice ones, not cheap stuff that will fall apart quickly.

Also, are you used to / familiar with Windows 8? If not I would recommend Windows 7.. but thats up to you.

Windows 8.1 for DirectX12..

Windows 8.1 for DirectX12..

he said primarily dayz.. so Im guiding him in that direction. ;)

thanks im probaly going to end up getting windows 7

Yes it can.

.. better than medium with the right settings.. do tons of research.

Also, don't go cheap on your peripherals.. like your mouse, headphones/mic, etc. Buy nice ones, not cheap stuff that will fall apart quickly. 

Also, are you used to / familiar with Windows 8? If not I would recommend Windows 7.. but thats up to you. 

• Like 1

Looks good. Don't forget to get a DVD drive lol, you might wanna consider getting an SSD for OS and maybe few games.

Also this isn't nescessary for DayZ,but have you considered getting a 3gb+ VRAM card? I mean 2GB is good, but some games are pushing it texture resolution wise.

lol i forgot about the dvd drive and whats a ssd?

thanks im probaly going to end up getting windows 7

There's literally no point. Windows 8.1 has a desktop and it's not broken. You can even mod it to be exactly like 7.

and no reason for amd processor why should i get a different one?

Prepare for the onslaught of "experts" Mr. OP..

Just sayin'  ;)

Do research, build it yourself, join helpful forums, DO NOT LISTEN to those in the DayZ forums unless they are moderators like Kichilron, etc. that have actually been working on the game for years now, if they are trying to sway you in different directions.. Its best to follow your heart and what your research tells you is good. Its not a good idea to listen to people who tell you not to do this, and to do this instead. Everyone thinks their opinion is best, but the best thing for you if you're building it yourself is to LEARN. ;) I am a retired USMC vet., 36 years old trained electrical engineer, who has owned and operated a computer repair shop for over 7 years and has played dayz since shortly after the mod was released. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

There's literally no point. Windows 8.1 has a desktop and it's not broken. You can even mod it to be exactly like 7.

but isnt windows 7 a little bit cheaper?

lol i forgot about the dvd drive and whats a ssd?

SSD is a Solid State Drive. Putting it simply, it's like a big memory card for your phone or camera. It doesn't operate using mechanical parts, meaning it reads and writes much faster than 7200 rpm HDD. Especially usefull for putting your system on it - super fast boot ups, no hangups when minimising - you can also put some multiplayer games to cut down loading time. For example games like BF4 or Red Orchestra 2.

SSD is a Solid State Drive. Putting it simply, it's like a big memory card for your phone or camera. It doesn't operate using mechanical parts, meaning it reads and writes much faster than 7200 rpm HDD. Especially usefull for putting your system on it - super fast boot ups, no hangups when minimising - you can also put some multiplayer games to cut down loading time. For example games like BF4 or Red Orchestra 2.

is it necessary thing?

but isnt windows 7 a little bit cheaper?

It's £10 cheaper or so.

I have nothing against AMD but I've switched to Intel a couple years ago and I haven't had any issues. Tbh though AMD offer great bang for the buck, so if you're on a budget, you can't really go wrong!

• Like 1

It's £10 cheaper or so.

I have nothing against AMD but I've switched to Intel a couple years ago and I haven't had any issues. Tbh though AMD offer great bang for the buck, so if you're on a budget, you can't really go wrong!

thanks i think il stick with amd because i dont have much money to spend thanks guys

is it necessary thing?

No. Absolutely not. It's more of a "quality of life" sort of upgrade. If you're on a budget, don't worry about it - but get it in the future! ;)

so im buiding a computer this summer but the main reason im build is because i want to play dayz. do you think this build is good enough to play on medium settings? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WKwzhM thank you.

Merged.

Can a gtx 770 and an i5 3570k run DayZ?

Merged

First I um,need to ask....running it on my ps2 is out of the question right?

You can try, I have heard a lot of people are running it on a potato, so you might actually be doing well.

ok so i got a new comp and im hoping its good enough for dayz

Intel® Pentium® CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz(its dual core)

8.1 gigs of ram

GeForce GT 610 1G

Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit

High Definition Audio Device

i also have a nvidia geforce 9600 gso with 1-2 gigs of vram that i could swap out with the other graphics card if needed, im fine playing the minum graphics if needed though. Thanks for any response.

I have recently bought components for a computer i am building soon, and i just wanted to know if i could run either the DayZ Mod or DayZ: SA. Please help!

Processor: AMD 6 CORE Bulldozer FX - 6100

Clock Speed: 3.3 GHz Per Core X6

Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L - M/USB 3

Not sure what the next thing is sorry, kind of a noob at PC building :)

PATRIOT 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Hard drive: SEAGATE 1TB SATA3 HDD

RW DRIVES: SONY 24X DVD+/-RW Drives

Chassis: COOLERMASTER K350 Gaming Case

Graphics Card: AMD RADEON 6450 2GB Graphics Card

Sorry for every single detail, just incase you needed specific information. I dont really intend to run everything on Ultra, just enough to look good but also have great performance :)

Thanks guys ! 

If not DayZ what games can i run on this rig? 

Edited by Gozothor

You can run it on medium/high w/out FPS drops if you set it up correctly :D