OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Also the graphics settings have very little impact on framerate when you're CPU limited, because draw distances need to be universal for the most part to be fair

Draw distance is in the cfg, default to 3000m, like i have said before on arma forums etc. u only need about 1800-2000 for infantry. I use that on all my Armas and Day Z and only use 3000+ when flying Heli. Moving down  to 2000m helps performance a lot

Get an ssd.

While that is good for loading in, it won;t affect is fps one bit, which is what he's concerned with.

• Like 2

don't bother buying a new pc just for DayZ yet

wait for the game to get into beta stage at least

Right now there are ye'olde arma 2 problems still in existence: namely server performance dictating your FPS and big cities being up to 400% more CPU intensive to render than small ones

• Like 1

While that is good for loading in, it won;t affect is fps one bit, which is what he's concerned with.

that is only correct when you load the whole game directory into your RAM via RAMDisk...

Running on maximum regardless of your build, you won't see more than 25-30 frames per second in most cities and ~60 frames per second away from them.

When I first started DayZ I was running two GTX 580 video cards in SLI. After using the unofficial SLI fix, I was getting ~120 frames per second away from cities and ~45 frames per second within them. Since I've installed these two GTX 780 Ti video cards, I can get nowhere near that. Either they've modified the game somewhere along the way, or DayZ really doesn't like the Nvidia 700 series video cards.

• Like 1

don't bother buying a new pc just for DayZ yet

This! this.

DayZ Standalone has how many zombies in the cities? 1-3 in small cities and 6-8 in big cities? And the FPS is bad or "okayish" for players with beast of computers.

Wait till they increase number of zombies and check out the forums if the game is playable then. Because it may be that even NASA computers will be not able to handle it.

PS.

DayZ mod with ~60 players has average of ~800 zombies spawned in game. Let's see what will happen when those numbers make it to Standalone.

Edited by Frosti

This! this.

DayZ Standalone has how many zombies in the cities? 1-3 in small cities and 6-8 in big cities? And the FPS is bad or "okayish" for players with beast of computers.

Wait till they increase number of zombies and check out the forums if the game is playable then. Because it may be that even NASA computers will be not able to handle it.

First game to be released on quantum computers: DayZ

• Like 1

Lol. I am planning to buy exactly the same parts. Either the 780 Ghz edition or the 290x tri-x, depends what will be cheaper when I buy it, and that i5.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

Your graphics are more than enough , the problem is the CPU. As far as I can tell there is not a CPU in existence that can maintain 60 fps in cities at this point, the game is just not well optimized and isn't multithreaded very well. I for one pretty much guarantee you will not get 60 fps in cities. Don't worry though, client side optomization will come eventually

This CPU is a problem just for DayZ or....

What cpu would you recommend me?

EDIT:I'll not buy a new PC only for Dayz. :)

Edited by Ricardo13
  • Beans 1

This CPU is a problem just for DayZ or....

What cpu would you recommend me?

DayZ and DayZ mod are CPU beasts for some reason. No CPU no game.

Lol. I am planning to buy exactly the same parts. Either the 780 Ghz edition or the 290x tri-x, depends what will be cheaper when I buy it, and that i5.

Do NOT tri-X or tri-SLI unless you need to (i.e.: I have a G-sync monitor. if I wanted to do 3-way surround, I'd have to get a 3rd GPU. 1 GPU for every G-sync module.) If it's not needed, then don't do it. The performance gain is not so significant to be worth the extra money, and especially the extra heat output.

No, dude, it's a single card, that's just how it's called. I doubt I will overclock anything or go crossfire or sli.

http://3.grgs.ro/images/products/1/634551/806273/full/radeon-r9-290x-oc-tri-x-4gb-ddr5-512-bit-442184be09b1570f335f3adef018fe2b.jpg

Oh ok, that's a bit confusing. Whenever someone says Tri-X, they usually mean Tri Crossfire as the letter X is associated with such.

Only at Metro last night I7 is considerably faster than i5. 

That's at 1280x800. At 1080 it's the same thing.

Hi!

I'll buy a new PC with:

Nvidia Geforce 780 Ghz Edition Windforce 3X 3GB DDR5 384-bit (From Gigabyte)

Intel i5 4690 3.5ghz

8GB RAM

Monitor: Samsung S22B150 1980x1080

How much FPS I'll have with this specs at Ultra settings?

Merged.

im thinking about getting this PC but not sure if it will run Dayz:SA or CS:GO on high fps, but mostly i wanna know about dayz can i run it on high graphics? these are the specs

AMD A8 6600K Quad Core Processor / CPU running at 3.9GHz (With 4.2GHz Turbo Mode!)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
LATEST AMD RADEON HD8570D Graphics!
1TB SEAGATE Barracuda 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive With 64MB Cache
SAMSUNG 24X DVD / CD - RW Dual Layer Optical Disc Drive
MSI FM2-A55M-E35 uATX Motherboard (Full specifications of this board can be found here)
500W Quiet Power Supply Featuring Large 120mm Cooling Fan
High Quality Vantage BLUE Desktop PC Gaming Case with 3 x 120mm BLUE LED Cooling Fans.
SD Memory Card Reader Built Into Top of Case
Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN
6 X High Speed USB 2.0 Ports on Back Plus Further 2 On Top
8 Channel HD Audio
6 X SATA II 3GB/s Ports
1 X PCI Express X16 Slot
1 X PCI Express X1 Slot
1 X PCI Slot
2 X PS/2 Port (For Keyboard / Mouse)
1 X VGA Port
1 X DVI Port
1 X HDMI Port (With Audio)
TRIPLE Monitor Support
UK Mains Power Cable Included
All Relevant Driver Discs Included

Desktop or laptop? Laptop.

Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768

CPU:Intel® Core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (1GB Ram)

RAM: 4.00 GB DDR3 (Don't know how to get the clock speed, sorry :( )

SSD? (Yes/No): No.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I would be satisfied running anywhere on 20-30 FPS on low - medium settings as I'm used to it from the mod.

Edited by The Joker Z

so im building a computer this summer but the main reason im build is because i want to play dayz. do you think this build is good enough to play on medium settings? thank you.

Yes it can.

.. better than medium with the right settings.. do tons of research.

Also, don't go cheap on your peripherals.. like your mouse, headphones/mic, etc. Buy nice ones, not cheap stuff that will fall apart quickly. 

Also, are you used to / familiar with Windows 8? If not I would recommend Windows 7.. but thats up to you. 

Edited by lrish