yotimmyg@gmail.com

Ok i get it.. its alpha.. but this is worse than the mod.

And to the brilliant mind that stated "I hope Rocket doesn't listen to fanboys because then the ALPHA would not improve because they just say great ALPHA  Rocket, nothing is wrong with it." Are you serious with this? Do you even read Rocket's posts? Obviously you don't because if you did you would know that he is not happy with the state of the game and is working tirelessly to improve it.

I know right?

He even spends his time during the night working on the game or even bugfixes in the airport while waiting for his plane.

• Like 1

This thread makes me hate the internet. 

A guy has a great idea and creates a Mod that is steps above everything when it comes to zombies and survival.

This same guy works his and his team's asses off creating a stronger more immersive game that really pushes the envelope when it comes to survival. 

The "douche bags" in the community scream and yell and call this man and his team lazy, incompetent, etc...

This same man listens to the community and releases an alpha version for "us"!  Many companies would have waited even longer, had a closed beta and we would be getting the game in the spring. 

For God's sake...you even have to accept the alpha disclaimer before you play the game.

He spends his valuable time answering twitter, reddit, etc.  and all you do is bitch and moan.

Why can't you just enjoy the experience.  So you lose your gear...so you pass out...so you get stuck in a house...so gear disappears when moving it around your inventory...so some animations are wrong...so you hear zombie sounds...so...so...so.

The guys I play with don't complain...we enjoy.  And we have had a great time the last few days. 

Again remember the disclaimer...it is an ALPHA!!!

If you want a perfect polished game then wait until the official release

A personal note to the dev team:  "Thank you and most of us appreciate you and everything you do for us.  And I hope you get very wealthy from the time and effort you have put into this project.  Kudos to you."

ok... You seem like they kind of person that won't re-visit a forum.... but none the less. i will say this....

many of the things u said seem quite true and i believe them... but.

I called this man lazy and incompetent, etc?

lazy? definately not...

incompetent? 50/50 this man was given the world.. his world  just  to make nothing... NOTHING into something....

he was given 2 and a half times longer then projected and came out with this misguided release.... which takes me back to his design and development critique.

HE was put in charge on this tiny team to make a hugely anticipated release...

I remember.... it felt like TWO years ago when he was at the MOCAP studio... mocapping zombies....

and when i see a zombie once every hour... I can picture dean 'rocket' hall covered in blue balls doing that exact same move.. and im LIKE OMG ROCKET MADE THAT HAPPEN....

do we really care?   I remember watching that vid back in the day thinking... 'wow this release is going to be so indepth... they must have a solid team working on this'

point is... he focused on all the wrong things.... though hugely important in the end to make a great game 'great' but his priorities were so out of whack and misguided that only the pure fanboys could speak out against this.order of priorities...

end rant

please for love love of god dont put the ITS ALPHA DONT U KNOW??? spin on this.... this release is so under par it's amazing we are debating it.

I got a lot smoother gameplay than DayZ Mod, the lag is minimal for my sh*tty pc.

Yep, same here.

Rocket has always been either mountain climbing, snowboarding or having a nervous breakdown, I've never actually noticed HIM do anything for this project, it's always been his teeny tiny team who secretly hate him anyway (so no wonder it's shit). This project, this release, has and always will be about making money out of naive fan boy mugs, such as you lot. It's never been about the quality or keeping up with their promises.  

Say whatever you like, I know that you feel robbed and wish you hadn't spent that money now.  You do, admit it.  Nah, you won't admit it, that'll just make you look dumber than you were when you parted with the cash in the first place.. haha! good luck with your crappy "forever unfinished" game! 

We all know that there's a better game on the market, just waiting to be announced.  

Why else would they prematurely release such a piece of crap? 

Think about ;)

Peace :)

I'm the OP.. i did admit that... but the crappy thing is.... i dont think there will be a game to replace.... I hope that someone has handed dean... or deans replacement a momentus shovel to dig their way out... dayz should be great once again... altering a game so far from its core.... just doesnt make sense.

Granted I don`t know much about developing games but I´ve seen this before in warz. So excuse me for being cautious when I hear phrases like:

"It is high on our to do list", "We are looking into it"

or

when I hear promises of super awesome features and none of them are in-game yet.

or

when I watch the devs experiencing major issues during live streams and they act mildly surprised and say "we gotta look into that" right before they charge $30.

I have no doubt that Rocket and his team have good intentions and are working hard but it`s not enough.

Something is going wrong here, maybe they don`t have enough devs or maybe it`s the wrong engine, I don`t know.

The thing that everyone knows though is money, Bohemia is not here because some of us might have cancer and they want to entertain us for free.

The price difference between Dayz-alpha and Bf4 is only 10 euros, I have a bf4 code on my table right now that came with the graphics card I bought for Dayz but I´m not opening it because I don`t like it, I want Dayz.

I would love to be wrong about the next 2 years. Maybe they will fix the basics within the next 3 month and just slap the promised features on there and in that case I´d send them 50 euros more and post a topic on how wrong I was.

But you and I know that`s not going to happen, here is what will happen:

They will patch once or twice a week for the next 1-2 month or so, then the sales will start to decrease and so will the patches and this whole thing will drag for the next 2 years.

In those 2 years we will see die hard fanboys, haters, "alpha" squeakers etc...

So again, Rocket, pls prove me wrong and make me look like an ass so everyone can enjoy the game they`ve been waiting for so long.

I'm OP and i feel like i wrote this in a drunken haze... but im pretty sure i didn't

I love the rage post. Let me take this moment to welcome back all the hardcore testers from the original mods beta.

The people who spend hours of their day trying to get into a server because the connecting was so shoddy, who started in a world that was even buggier then this one, with an inventory system that sucked so bad you needed a guide on how to use it.

Who could not even defend themselves by melee because it was not present yet and died in droves at the coast because of the zombie horde.

The state of the mod back then was so much worse then this is now, by todays standards the standalone is done. You payed more for your shitty call of duty and battlefield 4 which were unfinished, still arent finished and had millions invested in it and made by a company of hundreds.

You are just a disappointed fanboy, and when the mod kicks off after a couple dozen patches you will be playing just like the rest of us, so go sit in your sad little corner and wait.

ok...

alot of this post made me mad.... few things i wanna say

I played the mod and bought the SA because i fkn loved it...I put so many hours into it in the name of fun....

why would I not not buy the SA if i loved the shit out of the mod?

These negative things that u say about the original mod.... they happened? why would people continue to love and play the mod?

'OMG IM GETTING RAPED MY ZOMBIES!... I CANT WAIT TO RESPAWN AND LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!'    .... The large amount of zombies were great... made it difficult... GRANTED... after 2 days you figured out how to evade them... which happens with most games.... but still.... they were always a threat.. especially when u decided to go full bandit and head to sniper hill with a cz550.   OMG ZOMBIE AGRO.

and i played arma 2 so the inventory system didnt bother me... well it did when i first played arma 2.   point is... its an inventory system,,, figure it out.

The connection problems? now they did suck... but being australian... that doesnt phase me so much.. seeing that all our internet troubles are plagued with the same issue.

I cared deeply for the direction of this game... and i played the alpha with my friends... we've discussed its merits at length... but i dont think im gonna be on the positive fence... at least not for 6 months or so....

I am definately not a fanboy... cause fanboys like the game dont they?

Edited by dirty_malone

I cared deeply for the direction of this game... and i played the alpha with my friends... we've discussed its merits at length... but i dont think im gonna be on the positive fence... at least not for 6 months or so....

Yeah. I was super excited when the DayZ mod was first released. I played for a bit, and I've enjoyed a few of the other mods that DayZ spawned. DayZ is also the reason I bought Arma 3, which is a pretty decent game and has a lot of fun new mods as well now. But I honestly cannot see how they are going to fix all the problems that currently exist in DayZ SA. 

Dudes need to chill out on both sides of the fence though. We are basically rehashing all the same fing conversations we had over a year ago with the original game. And all those conversations were pretty pointless, because people eventually made different mods to fit the different play-styles. The same thing will happen with DayZ SA. There will be RP mods with hero systems, base building mods, hard-core mods, etc, etc etc. You pick the mod that fits your needs. And as for the DayZ SA design... none of our opinions really matter, because Dean Hall has a very specific vision that he's trying to produce and he's going to make it the way he wants to.

Anyway. I'll probably lurk around here for a couple more weeks to see how quickly things progress and then after another month or so of the same old sh*t, I'll wander off to go play a true AAA game like Dying Light or Dark Souls or some Star Citizen beta. Maybe in another year DayZ will finally make it to beta, have some decent mods, and be worth playing.

Edited by TinyWeeny

I've heard the head developer talk on YT. I don't think he will fail us because he's as passionate about this game as we are. He does sound hella crazy though which can only be good. It means hes hella creative too And as for OP, dont mind him, he's just preemptively trolling. Obvious troll is obvious 

Edited by Highlander007

TONIGHT ON 60 MINUTES

In side the mind of a brain-dead gamer.  

Hears DAYZ SA is out, an goes to Steam. 

h1jT41y.png

Hmmm they say that I should not buy it, because its in development. 

YOLO!

fRecf7x.jpg

Hmm there are bugs in this. 

What eva, Should be only 2 weeks off from being released that is what most Alphas are just early access. 

dayzombiefloor2.jpg

WTF THERE IS A BUG, ITS A SCAM NO ONE SAID THIS. # WARZ

P1M9y7d.jpg

• Like 1

ok...

alot of this post made me mad.... few things i wanna say

I played the mod and bought the SA because i fkn loved it...I put so many hours into it in the name of fun....

why would I not not buy the SA if i loved the shit out of the mod?

These negative things that u say about the original mod.... they happened? why would people continue to love and play the mod?

'OMG IM GETTING RAPED MY ZOMBIES!... I CANT WAIT TO RESPAWN AND LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!'    .... The large amount of zombies were great... made it difficult... GRANTED... after 2 days you figured out how to evade them... which happens with most games.... but still.... they were always a threat.. especially when u decided to go full bandit and head to sniper hill with a cz550.   OMG ZOMBIE AGRO.

and i played arma 2 so the inventory system didnt bother me... well it did when i first played arma 2.   point is... its an inventory system,,, figure it out.

The connection problems? now they did suck... but being australian... that doesnt phase me so much.. seeing that all our internet troubles are plagued with the same issue.

I am definately not a fanboy... cause fanboys like the game dont they?

I dont get it. Logic baffles me, you buy the game even after warning of it being alpha with bugs and come here crying that is worst then the mod. Sorry i dont buy that you really played the mod. THERE is improvement given that are still bugs which they have been adding patches pretty fast. So instead of wasting yours and our time with your crying go make a bug reporting account and go help the devs...... 

This is infinitely better than the mod in just about every way. I mean just the ability to rapidly log in to the servers in like 1 second is a huge improvement.

OP, your showing extreme ignorance.

Having said that, iv now payed for this game twice whichever way you want to look at it (along with alot of other people). and Dayz is doing really well on steam. So i hope BI put alot back into development and hire a much larger team to belt out substantial updates alot quicker.

Who ever compared this to the War Z needs to be shot.

WarZ ripped Dayz off
Rushed to launch before Dayz when release was just going to be an updated version of the mod - Build didn't even work on release.
Charged up to $60 for content that still isn't in the game.
False banned thousands of players on multiple occasions without a sorry or even notification they were unbanned
Never put an early access warning up and was subsequently removed from steam
Lied about the size of their map
Censored the hell out of their forums, including links to their past statements 
etc etc etc

I'm hard pressed to name a worse developer -- hell, even EA is better, bf4 scandal and all.

The OP has a point. He aknowledges it's an alpha and so do i. I'm not expexting a fully pollished game by all means. But i was expecting a bit more then what we have now and i can't help but thinking: "Is this what we get after 1.5 years in development?". The basics were there, the engine was there, the map was there. There was a solid base to go from.

I had the same feeling when i played the mod. Things were so bugged for so long untill some coders started to take matters into their own hands. They fixed most bugs in no time (Redux being one of them). This made Rocket look like a bit of an amateur in my eyes. What he couldn't fix in months the community fixed in days. (no offence Rocket)

I just hope - now that the money is flowing - the dev team wil do the right thing and hire a couple of extra experienced coders.

Wow!!!!

This is horrific! The original DayZ mod was one of my favourite games ever but after reading this forum I don't think I will be buying the standalone.... It sounds REALLY REALLY bad.

Wow!!!!

This is horrific! The original DayZ mod was one of my favourite games ever but after reading this forum I don't think I will be buying the standalone.... It sounds REALLY REALLY bad.

inb4 ...PM me and explain why you have two accounts...

Are you serious? It's only been out for two months.

It WILL get better.

I don't understand these expectations people have from a game that has been in Early Alpha for only 2 months.

Alpha = not even close to what it will be when it's complete.

Alpha = You WILL experience game breaking bugs

Alpha = You WILL have updates that seem to make things worse than before because they are testing something new.

Alpha = You have no right to complain.

Anyway. I'll probably lurk around here for a couple more weeks to see how quickly things progress and then after another month or so of the same old sh*t, I'll wander off to go play a true AAA game like Dying Light or Dark Souls or some Star Citizen beta. Maybe in another year DayZ will finally make it to beta, have some decent mods, and be worth playing.

well_bye_2.jpg

Wow!!!!

Please don't grave dig these retarded rage threads.

Edited by Zjasuu

Are you serious? It's only been out for two months.

It WILL get better.

I don't understand these expectations people have from a game that has been in Early Alpha for only 2 months.

Alpha = not even close to what it will be when it's complete.

Alpha = You WILL experience game breaking bugs

Alpha = You WILL have updates that seem to make things worse than before because they are testing something new.

Alpha = You have no right to complain.

will it? it's 2 months, they have our money and the patches are coming even more slowly than right after the game went out.

As i said, they already have like, 30 millions on their accounts, i dont think they care that much for the game now that they already got paid.

• Like 1

will it? it's 2 months, they have our money and the patches are coming even more slowly than right after the game went out.

As i said, they already have like, 30 millions on their accounts, i dont think they care that much for the game now that they already got paid.

It`s like applying for a job and getting 2 years woth of sallary on your first day at work. You can`t expect any motivation from a pre-payed worker.

The gaming industry is out of hand. They can do things, that would normally get others into some serious legal trouble.

No thx, no more pre-release, alpha or pre-orders for me. Never ever ever again!

From now on it`s: Finish the freaking game, I test it and then I decide if it`s worth the money I had to work hard for.

You know, just like every other product on the market. This is common sense, this is how buying and selling worked since the stone age.