SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

On topic though: I'm very happy they don't make an expensive alpha and lower the price afterwards, but I guess I already ranted about that in the Planetary Annihilation topic. *ugh*

Also: Searching hosters for NZ DayZ servers does mean it's getting really close now to alpha release, doesn't it? Doesn't it?

That Clip is really..... i dont know, laughed my ass off ^^

As much as I liked the stream and all the content in it, I just wanna see some 1080p shots of the game running. Everything is low resolution and doesn't show the game off at it's best quality.

Truth is, I don't think there is a system able to run that. (yet)

Mazzar is uniquely qualified to judge whether the new map additions to SA feel authentic and should therefore be given early access.

Edit: now every Russian/Ukranian/EasternEuropean on this forum hates me.

Edit2: He already confirmed its authentic...

On topic, Rocket sad in the stream that items on a server would be persistent (eg could be stockpiled in a an apartement and would remain there through server restarts)

So how will new items be spawned? I mean server can have 15k items, and if we (theoretically) piled them in couple of locations, how will new stuff spawn, how will server know what to keep etc?

I think I'd be interesting if the server stopped spawning items. Don't forget that items degrade. But maybe if there are 15k items stockpiled in the cherno appartements the server only supports 15k items it 'd stop spawning items and force you to find all the loot?

Edited by Weparo

Guys, I don't know about you, but the first thing I will do is find a hunting rifle, go to Cherno and play the first sniper simulator in gaming history! :D

It will automatically get every future update.

Basically, the earlier you buy it the cheaper it will be.

You are paying for early access to the completed game which will be probably be fully released in another year or so.

Thank you, sounds great!

Regarding the question of rocket about NZ server: what can it mean? why should they be interested in NZ servers?

Thank you, sounds great!

Regarding the question of rocket about NZ server: what can it mean? why should they be interested in NZ servers?

Well, if you were from NZ and get crappy pings in every game, you would set up servers for your homecountry too if you are releasing a game and have the power to do it ^^

• Like 1

Thank you, sounds great!

So that NZ players can play with a decent ping too?

Also, thx orlok :)

• Like 1

Thank you, sounds great!

Regarding the question of rocket about NZ server: what can it mean? why should they be interested in NZ servers

Rocket originally said (2012 sometime) that he would personally see to there being nz servers running.... maybe something to do with him coming from here? And maybe being here for christmas?  Or Its because its happening goddamit.

• Like 1

Writing a proposal for a construction mechanic in Standalone (for funsies) is a bad idea when you're supposed to be writing a 20 page term paper. /sigh

• Like 1

If there is shitting in game I cannot wait to whisper "I'm watching you shit" in chat.

I can't wait to roll around in it.  

Guys, I don't know about you, but the first thing I will do is find a hunting rifle, go to Cherno and play the first sniper simulator in gaming history! :D

You're going to wait for the beta or something?  Only 4 guns confirmed for the SA, and none of them are a hunting rifle.

Edited by klesh

You're going to wait for the beta or something?  Only 4 guns confirmed for the SA, and none of them are a hunting rifle.

He might be referring to the mosin.

I know SA will have the M4, AK, and Mosin, but what is the 4th gun?

EDIT: NVM I forgot about the shotgun.

Edited by Skat3rat

And then someone will sneak up behind you and say, "I'm watching you S*!t."

• Like 2

Best would be s(h)itting on a ledge and trying to get ppl to look up. .

Edited by JP__
  • Like 2

He might be referring to the mosin.

I know SA will have the M4, AK, and Mosin, but what is the 4th gun?

EDIT: NVM I forgot about the shotgun.

M4, Mosin, Shotgun and FNX45 Pistol.

• Like 1

Leave a nutty brown pile of dung on all the roofs in Cherno!

THIS IS MY STORY®!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SJKSJK

I saw Rocket use an AK a while back in a devblog.  How come they removed it?  Did they want to work on it more?

I saw Rocket use an AK a while back in a devblog.  How come they removed it?  Did they want to work on it more?

I believe it was a placeholder at the time.

The fuck happened to the Mauser?

e3Lon9q.png

Or the AK-74?

dayz-standalone-inventory-2.jpg

The fuck happened to the Mauser?

Or the AK-74?

Dunno.  I do know they haven't been confirmed for the SA though.

Man, im stuck stalking all news sources. Maybe its a waste of time, but the alpharelease feels very near. Nothing today but the NZ servernews. ;(

Steamdb is silent, average amount of players. no reddit posts. no twitter ;( getting crazy :P

Edited by Sloddor

Hello there

Remember stuff is being added and removed all the time, its very fluid.

Something may be added that doesnt reach R's specification and then is removed to be worked on or dropped.

He's a very hard task master in that respect but although it may infuriate the designers/programmers etc in question they do understand and ultimately it does mean we have a very high quality product.

rgds

LoK

ultimately it does mean we have a very high quality product.

you sure you are talking about BI?

you sure you are talking about BI?

I guess quality is in the eyes of the beholder. That's why some people love Bohemia's games and some people wouldn't touch them with a shitty stick.

Then there are those few, those very special few, who torture themselves spending their time thinking, reading and posting about something they very clearly dislike.

Those people are called masochists, aren't they Leon?

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 11

Then there a those few, those very special few, who torture themselves spending their time thinking, reading and posting about something they very clearly dislike.

I generally call those people cretins.

I guess quality is in the eyes of the beholder. That's why some people love Bohemia's games and some people wouldn't touch them with a shitty stick.

Then there a those few, those very special few, who torture themselves spending their time thinking, reading and posting about something they very clearly dislike.

Hope dies last .. and the DayZ concept has great potential.

But BI games are far, FAR from perfect .. only blind people wouldn't realise that. Are you blind Max Planck ? (and why would you call yourself that?)