wild_man

what happen if SA sucks?

is ok, calm down please read first what I say after make rage/hate post

original mod was genius idea because is simple one

take great map and make character survive need food and drink, some medical and weapon for zed and player   

even with problem like optimize and hacker is great fucking game :thumbsup:  :D

but after 1.5 year too many idea get suggest maybe devs forget simple is best and try doing too much new feature

risk for this is many many feature but nothing is perfect because they keep trying tweak each feature but each feature affect balance of game and after they chase tail try keep everything working in good way :o

this way devs stop to improve SA only repair what they doing before :huh:

I see this happen with rome total war 2, they have great game but they try do too much add on, after they realise this but add on is connect to main engine, when they try remove is affect everything and they make mess, final release was joke meta score below 20%, Rome 1 was 90%

For me they should first make stable, optimize, anti hack version of mod

AFTER this they add new feature, I feel scare they try do too much :|

I just ask question, I love this mod I believe SA will be great game but is ok to think 'what happen if they make mistakes try do too much?'

what you guys think about this? you have also some worry?

• Like 3

If SA sucks I might just have to chop off my hands and mail them to rocket.

• Like 8

Mail them to me instead, they can pick my nose and feed me waffles while I'm playing the SA.

• Like 8

It's a very valid point, ont that I have not want to bring up myself thought

I have a feeling that the dev team are going to have to work harder than they are now in order to make it seem worth the wait.

It is entirely plausible that the SA may not be great, however it is also extremely possible that it will be,

I guess we have to hope for the best.

I can't ignore that because you're trying to show yourself as having lack of intelligence and/or you're writing bullcrap on these forums, just stop it already.

What happens if english isn't his first language? Give him a break 

I have actually thought about this too.

Also, will the game become too hard? Will Dean risk only having purists playing the game?

• Like 1

I have actually thought about this too.

Also, will the game become too hard? Will Dean risk only having purists playing the game?

If he does, he will be highly respected amongst the hardcore community. If not, well then I'm out to be honest....

People misinterpret KoS often because of the language barrier.....

I find it highly unlikely that the SA will be less awesome than the mod.

If you consider the mod to be super awesome, then you'll see my point.

I have said that DayZ SA is a huge challenge but I also have faith that they have considered simplicity in ways you and I don't know about.

Enough forethought and expertise has likely gone into the production of DayZ SA that the common problems with adding on content are less prevalent. DayZ was built from the bottom up to facilitate additions and flexibility on many many levels.

• Like 3

If it sucks, then there's the mod. Simple.

If you're afraid it will be awful then wait a bit before making a decision on whether to buy it or not. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. We win, no matter what.

It probably WILL suck.

I mean, the thing is people tend to overhype in their own minds what they expect out of something, and then it comes out and it's nothing like what they thought it'll be. This is true even with huge game releases that have enormous budgets and tons of people working on them.

DayZ is just a small start-up project.

There is bound to be some serious disappointment coming. Just being realistic. If you don't want it to seem sucky, people should tone down their expectations.

Edited by Ozelot
  • Like 3

I think the SA will be great about a year after alpha release, once they get to grips with any issues and add vehicles etc

That begs the question: How would you close the package....?

• Like 10

To the couple of you who keep arguing childishly, just leave the thread and let the good people here get on with their discussion.

I don't want to issue warning points or bans but if pressed I, or one of the others, will take action. 

Good to see most of you having what I find a very interesting debate.  After the amount of work put into the stand alone, it's unlikely to suck.

As a fellow member of the forums, I do dread threads that will complain about the stand alone not being perfect.  After all, what ever is?

From what I've seen of the stand alone, it looks good and it's more detailed than the mod. The map is fuller and there's more to do. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula
  • Like 3

If he does, he will be highly respected amongst the hardcore community. If not, well then I'm out to be honest....

What exactly is the hardcore community? ive noticed in the last 6-9 months or so, the place has been over run with care bears. Most to scared to play on populated servers, which is completely missing the point o dayz. And also seem to be pushing for mechanics to force play styles... Again, totally missing the point.   This seems to be viewed as the hard core?

I have faith in Deans vision, it will be a brutal world. And im going to do my bit to make it just a lil more brutal.

• Like 2

We go to rockets house and Molotov cocktail him as he leaves, then we take all the devs hostage and rape them until we get paid a large sum of money for there release.

• Like 1

For me they should first make stable, optimize, anti hack version of mod

AFTER this they add new feature, I feel scare they try do too much :|

That doesn't work. That is like trying to add a basement to a house after you built it on a plain old cement slab foundation. You can't, or you can but it will take three times as much work, risk breaking parts of the house, and probably not as good as if you build the basement as the original foundation. 

The mod WILL SUCK. End of story. The first release of the alpha for us to play will have some very sucky elements to it. Big deal.

What they are doing is laying the foundation to build a bigger, better, more solid house than they every could have using base ARMA II or III as the foundation.

• Like 1

If the Standalone sucks then the Standalone sucks. No point in getting worried.

i think given how flexible arma 2's engine is, from creating dayz, to the dayz mods, and even city life, im sure SA will be prepared to add or remove features once they get feedback from players.
on the other hand, i worry post-alpha development will take so long that people may have moved on by the time the game becomes a finished product
one thing im worried about is the radio station feature, I can imagine alot of trolling, like walking into a town or city and theres 5 different radios spread out playing 5 different songs, that would get annoying

This came through my mibd once or twice...Ill buy it and play it anyways.

Not scared you'll have to think about more than your trigger finger are you KOS?  ;)

• Like 2

I think that players who are used to servers that provide mega loot, weapons, 10,000 vehicles etc etc may be disappointed in the SA.

• Like 10

It depends on how you use the term "Sucks" .. "Sucks" is how we see it out of a certain perspective. Rocket had been telling us many, many times that this isn't final :)

The point of the Standalone being released around this time is for further testing for larger player counts, see if everything is functional and listen to feedback on this.

Along the way, the Standalone will be greatly improved with free updates on Steam which will be available. Once the alpha does come out, there's always the mod to fall back to if people are willing to continue with it :) The support of the mod will still be carried on.

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 2