SmashT

November Round-up

project zombiod like alot of survival games that are out now is to crafting focused for me..

zombiod does some things i like but the super heavy focus on crafting to survive turned me off..

project zombiod like alot of survival games that are out now is to crafting focused for me..

zombiod does some things i like but the super heavy focus on crafting to survive turned me off..

Yea, I feel ya.  

I kind of like that in a small sort of way, it keeps you busy.  I would kind of want DayZ to be this way... not where crafting will dominate the game, but where it will come into play for surviving.  

and you all realize that Dayz will have a similar focus but maybe more on the health/infection/medication -level...

i have fears...

• Like 1

...Perhaps they AREN'T placeholder animations but the final ones for pistols..but a secret shooting technique.

.agygA7K_460s_v1.jpg

• Like 6

i have fears...

I just felt I had to share this with you :)

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

• Like 1

...Perhaps they AREN'T placeholder animations but the final ones for pistols..but a secret shooting technique.

*snip*

I think that is an intermediate animation in Stalker.  The screenshot was taken for the lulz  :lol:  but right after that the Stalker used the proper animation  ^_^

• Like 1

I really hope the game doesnt turn into project zomboid 3D.

I did not enjoy it.

Seemed to me the whole point of the game was to rack up as many hours of survival as you can.
Moving from place to place, and as you get from point A to B, you'll need to resupply, then from point B to C, same thing.

As in, scavanging and survivng is all well and good, but after some gameplay i want sustainabiity. Hopefully it doesnt turn into micro-managing your survival every 30s. If its not food, its water, or shoes, or shirt, or warmth, or light or health. Apparently shoes degrade from walking? pretty sure boots degrade after months, years, not dayz.

Anyways, most of that is speculation, but im concerned, seems to be leaning towards that general direction of grinding for your survival.

Edited by Mazzar
  • Like 1

Yea I think they should definitely find a balance I like that approach but only if done tastefully. In the stream it looked like Rocket needed water like ever 5 mins lol.

• Like 1

I don't mind them being in depth with the factors like that, it's just depends how frequent they may occur.

• Like 1

So, I've been on planes all day... but... DayZGame? Whaaaaaaaat? I assume I'm late to whatever party happened. Do tell.

Edited by Katana67

So, I've been on planes all day... but... DayZGame? Whaaaaaaaat?

Yup! They're scrapping the standalone and are making a new game called DayZGame!

• Like 5

Release for dayz game is set for December....

Hmmmmm déjà vu I don't like the feeling I'm getting about this

• Like 1

I knew being logged out was no accident. 24 player test is definitely promising. My body is ready.

I'll be patiently waiting in Epoch.

They definitely don't seem to be trying to push that mid 20 mark yet. I wonder if it will jump from that mark right to their 50 goal or whether they'll gradually creep up to it. They said it scales well so maybe one day they'll have the all-singing, all-dancing test out of the blue.

They definitely don't seem to be trying to push that mid 20 mark yet. I wonder if it will jump from that mark right to their 50 goal or whether they'll gradually creep up to it. They said it scales well so maybe one day they'll have the all-singing, all-dancing test out of the blue.

I believe you're right on with this. There won't be much of a warning, but they'll probably be on for close to an hour for stress testing so I'm sure someone will notice.

Also, I think they'd love to release it around thanksgiving to try to slip it under peoples' radar. *Insert "It's Happening" meme*

I don't mind them being in depth with the factors like that, it's just depends how frequent they may occur.

Exactly, heaps of factors and high depth is great. But hopefully they arent the focus of the game.

• Like 1

Ever since Reddit changed their alien icon a couple weeks back I believe and now the name change on the forums and the DayZ Standalone Steam Community shows up on there really concludes that they've already decided on an internal release date.

All this has occurred within the past month too. :)

Oh and, I might add that they seem to be working with the animals motion capture.

http://pro.bistudio.com/services/motion-capture/galleries/animals-mc-gallery

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 2

We are very close to release, the preparations are happening (changes to name of this website is an obvious clue).

I think a public alpha release will be before Christmas this year.

• Like 1