SmashT

November Round-up

For the pen and paper system, they should change the fonts for each person.. Not everyone has the same handwriting and this would distinguish the differences in their own handwriting and making those players unique.

I'm not too sure how the fonts would be but I'd like it to be between print and cursive handwriting :)

I do like different colored inks though.

It'd be better if the background was like some kind of notepad or something and you can type whatever and it comes out like some handwritting font, that'd be nice

• Like 1

I think they're going for simplicity right now.  Thought it would be nice if later on for the character creator we get to choose a font as our handwriting (I think I know a few people who would chose Comic Sans on this forum)

Off-topic/Hypetrain:  Been a lot of spammer attacks lately.  Not to mention the DDOS the other day.  Wondering if they know something we don't, and that this website's about to get a lot more popular, Steam Sale aside...#cautioushypetrain #ohgodthepoundsignsaregainingsentienence! #godhelpme

• Like 2

I think they're going for simplicity right now.  Thought it would be nice if later on for the character creator we get to choose a font as our handwriting (I think I know a few people who would chose Comic Sans on this forum)

Off-topic/Hypetrain:  Been a lot of spammer attacks lately.  Not to mention the DDOS the other day.  Wondering if they know something we don't, and that this website's about to get a lot more popular, Steam Sale aside...#cautioushypetrain #ohgodthepoundsignsaregainingsentienence! #godhelpme

Hello.  My name Vindicator.  Tis, it be Vybor.  I was earlier here.  There was too very many infected zombies.  I leaf this message to be warning yous of the many too zombies.  Hear be a bat for you to be swing ing the zombies heads wit.  (teh bate is on the corner of this hear room).  Has fun survivor bnadit.

Sinsecretly,

Vindicator

ps Problem?

• Like 8

I wonder if leaving notes around would be affected by weather such as rain?

The bugs of the alpha give DayZ some charm.  It'll be fun squashing them and the reminiscing about how it was when it started.  

If the network and ultra basic functionality works (can connect to server, make a character, and die) then go ahead and release it.  I can have fun playing the game I saw in the stream. It is janky, incomplete, and lame, but It has enough to be interesting.  

I think everyone should have to pass a test to get into the alpha.  

Question 1.  What is the network bubble?

a.  wut? bubble?

b.  The area around the client that the server sends updates about

c.  The whole map.  The client recieves info about the whole server

d.  A item that heals you

Answer,  B

Question 2.  How many melee weapons are there?

A. 3

B. 22.

C.  None.

D.  Any item that can be put in your hand

Answer D

Question 3.  Are there vehicles in game?

A. Yes

B. No

Answer No

Question 4.  Does DayZ use the Arma 2 engine or something else?

A.  Of course.  DayZ is a mod.

B.  Yes, but slightly modified

C.  Yes, but heavily modified.  May as well be a new engine.

D.  No DayZ uses the FrostBite 3. engine

Answer C

Question 5.  How can you use the Mosin-Nagant's Bayonet.

A.  Attach to the gun and stab.

B. It is an attachment, but is purely cosmetic

C.  Attach to the gun and stab or in you hand like a knife.

D.  The Mosin-Nagant doesn't have a bayonet.  It is a sniper rifle.

Answer C.  

You have to pass the quiz to participate in the Alpha.  If you fail,  you must read through a lengthy FAQ/Disclaimer completely before taking the quiz again and attempting to pass it. 

YES YES YES.

Also there should be limitations concerning the amount of players in the alpha.

YES YES YES.

Also there should be limitations concerning the amount of players in the alpha.

The point of having an open alpha is to stress-test the servers with very large amounts of players that are in just so there's further testing to improve the stability of bugs and other issues.

The amount of players don't really matter at this point until an official word comes in from actual developers.

Hello.  My name Vindicator.  Tis, it be Vybor.  I was earlier here.  There was too very many infected zombies.  I leaf this message to be warning yous of the many too zombies.  Hear be a bat for you to be swing ing the zombies heads wit.  (teh bate is on the corner of this hear room).  Has fun survivor bnadit.

Sinsecretly,

Vindicator

ps Problem?

For a good time come to the barn near Gorka tonight. You will not be sorry. Love xoxox  :beans: 

• Like 6

@Vindicator, you may be on to something.

Hello, my name is Mike, though you probably don't care BECAUSE YOU SHOT ME AND TOOK MY STUFF YOU ASSHOLE!  If you just found my dead body randomly, I apologize for calling you an asshole.  Please take what you will (with the exception of my Ax) and douse my body in gasoline and set me on fire in accordance with my spiritual beliefs.  Should there not be any gasoline available, please pull the pin on the grenade I keep in my left pocket in case of Bandits or Kidnappers and run.

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 1

The graphics always being on low is a worrying sign of poor performance.

I don't get why he always has blur on, it also looks like he doesn't have his resolutions matching as it just looks horrible.

How does he play like that? It just looks like it's running at 240p upscaled.

Edited by Miffy

I think Rocket likes to imagine his character has glaucoma or something.

• Like 7

Wat... I think rocket likes to imagine he's playing Kerbal space program or Project zombiod.

Who's hardcore enough to turn their monitor off and roleplay a blind martial arts character???

• Like 4

in the standalone stream at 36:50ish - Rocket: "just one second, I am going to kill myself." loved it

• Like 1

Who's hardcore enough to turn their monitor off and roleplay a blind martial arts character???

lol

I nominate Rutger Hauer :D

• Like 2

Question 4.  Does DayZ use the Arma 2 engine or something else?

A.  Of course.  DayZ is a mod.

B.  Yes, but slightly modified

C.  Yes, but heavily modified.  May as well be a new engine.

D.  No DayZ uses the FrostBite 3. engine

Answer C

Objection!!  its the DayZ engine. a separate branch of the Real Virtuality engine, just like Arma 2 and Arma 3  or Take on Helicopters are separate branch's. 

The no vehicles part will definitely cut the games lifespan for me, hopefully that's one of the higher priorities come launch.

13 in game but the server is offline? This only furthers my suspicions that there is more than one testing server.

13 in game but the server is offline? This only furthers my suspicions that there is more than one testing server.

wasnt it mentioned there was a dev server and a another server.

i know games i test you have different builds on different servers.

wasnt it mentioned there was a dev server and a another server.

i know games i test you have different builds on different servers.

And what game is that?

Speaking of which, who the hell holds a day and a half testing session ffs? Especially when the servers are broken for the first 5 hours.

God damn you, Bethesda (or Zenimax, I guess).

Sitting on 16 yet the server is still down, i reckon i need to make some searches on gametracker.

And what game is that?

Speaking of which, who the hell holds a day and a half testing session ffs? Especially when the servers are broken for the first 5 hours.

God damn you, Bethesda (or Zenimax, I guess).

its common practice to have different builds of a game on testing servers. early alpha builds on one , beta on another. then move it to release once tested and replace the other builds accordingly.

so if there is two servers which im sure was mentioned on here they probably have the newest build on the dev server and the older build on the other server to test. if they do it that way with this game. obviously different game companies do things differently.

Sitting on 16 yet the server is still down, i reckon i need to make some searches on gametracker.

I've never seen SteamDB and these two gametracker have the same amount of players.

http://www.game-monitor.com/dayz_GameServer/69.162.83.204:27016/DayZ_Steam_Testing_Server-.html

http://www.game-monitor.com/dayz_GameServer/37.220.18.218:27016/DayZ_SVN_Server_Devs_only-.html

/Or does it count them together + the players who have DayZ on but not on the server?

Edited by St. Jimmy