SmashT

November Round-up

Not sure I agree with you.

The in game one clearly has extra physical parts modelled and the textures are different. Not just lower resolution as you would expect if running on lower settings but actually painted differently.

Wow you were actually correct now as i watched, them both, or maybe its just an older version? who knows.

• Like 2

Wow you were actually correct now as i watched, them both, or maybe its just an older version? who knows.

Yeah I just thought it was worth mentioning. Obviously items have different degradation values so can look different based on that but it could also be that there are different versions of many items to keep things fresh rather than having one type of wrench, one type of screwdriver, etc. Some variety in the items will be good.

Yeah I just thought it was worth mentioning. Obviously items have different degradation values so can look different based on that but it could also be that there are different versions of many items to keep things fresh rather than having one type of wrench, one type of screwdriver, etc. Some variety in the items will be good.

I assume the artist posted his render while he was still working on it and it was not finished.

• Like 2

I assume the artist posted his render while he was still working on it and it was not finished.

No multiple versions of the same thing then? Thanks for clearing it up. :)

"We will be releasing an extremely comprehensive roadmap with the release of the alpha version.

While the initial alpha might be fairly limited on the face of it, the platform it provides for the progressive months of development is (in my opinion) nothing short of staggering" - rocket2guns

Hopefully this means they've got a very aggressive development roadmap ahead. Once Alpha releases, I'd like to see a two-week update cycle.

I more happy for the way DayZ is headed with every update. Way beyond my initial expecations for it (see polished mod December 2012, something that I didn't really like in the first place). 

• Like 2

User "27 others" has returned! Quick hide your inflated egos! Oh wait, his punchline is pretty much the same and the joke is entirely hampered by the obviousness of "27"... /snore

• Like 3

I've been following this game since the very beginning despite my low account usage.

I think it's childish of every single person complaining about "lying", "bad game" and all the other non-sense that is spoken of here.
I think Rocket and his employees need more respect and most of all gratitude and support instead of bullshit.
This is the game I've been wanting to play since I don't know when and Rocket & co. is the reason it's becoming reality, I just felt the need to log in here and tell Rocket and his co-workers about how grateful and excited I am about their work.

Even the mod has got gameplay value I've not found in any other game. I say again, ANY OTHER GAME.
Of course the game has got it's ups and downs and I recognize all the things from even Operation Flashpoint to now.

Every single person complaining about this game, and NO, I'm not talking about the criticism, I'm talking about the pure trash-talking, should make their own game - Or maybe you don't even have the skills to do it?

Me and my friends look at this page every day just to see if the game has been released yet but also to read on every single piece of information - because this is the game that puts every other of them to the test.

Keep on going Rocket & co.
You've got something groundbreaking going on, and by the looks of it you'll earn quite a bit on it too!

• Like 7

I began playing Far cry 3, then i see Dayz. Innowdayz i see video on youtube and wait. Am i kooky? I can't play other games.

I had this problem for a long time, and sometimes still do...I struggle through playing my backlogged steam games half the time because the games just seem crap now.

I had this problem for a long time, and sometimes still do...I struggle through playing my backlogged steam games half the time because the games just seem crap now.

Yep same here.  I still have about 15 games I haven't played that I bought during the Steam sales.  

DAMN YOU STEAM SALES!!!!!

I've been following this game since the very beginning despite my low account usage.

I think it's childish of every single person complaining about "lying", "bad game" and all the other non-sense that is spoken of here.

I think Rocket and his employees need more respect and most of all gratitude and support instead of bullshit.

Don't think anyone here made any of those statements essay. We all agree with the second half of your post. Think you meant to post that on reddit. Edited by Skeety
  • Like 1

Don't think anyone here made any of those statements essay.

If you're going to use it, at least type it correctly, ese.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 5

Its the same group of people. Its my race, so i can be racist to my own race if i want to be. The countries currently (as of just afew years ago) have different names, but its the same group of people, more than half of ukraine is russian and speaks only russian (the east). So excuse me, i do have the right, i dont think you've been appointed to take that away from me.

Its like going up to african-americans and telling them they cant use the 'N' word because its politically incorrect.

I never called you racist.  I said stop name-calling.  Pay attention next time

I'm glad to hear that progress is good, but I've come to manage my expectations. I check back here every day, because I can't help myself, but I'll make sure to be surprised by the release. 

I never called you racist.  I said stop name-calling.  Pay attention next time

140px-DoNotFeedTroll.svg.png

• Like 1

Don't think anyone here made any of those statements essay. We all agree with the second half of your post. Think you meant to post that on reddit.

I'm sure there's some bullshiting around here too.

Rocket's WIP Info on the revisions for the zombie pathing system..

9eagoOB.jpg

Rocket: One of the the biggest problems we faced with zombie collision avoidance is the initial path when zombie gets a new target as there does not exist any trail-waypoints (breadcrumbs) so we rely on straight line. This sometimes leads through objects. We tried to employ path-planner just for initial path but this is not usable. Whole system is too connected with original AI and even after some hacking it show up that strategic path is too rough and operational path needs to be created too what is very performance/memory wise very demanding. So we looked at:

• Players generate breadcrumbs even when they are not target to any zombie. Initial path could be constructed from part of that trail that is not obstructed by any other objects
  • We employ simple obstacle avoidance algorithm so we try to construct initial path around obstacles. We want to avoid "cheating AI" as much as possible, this solution is the one we began to try.

The former analytic solution for avoiding obstacles was dumped and instead a complete dynamic pathfinder has been made which makes nodes from all obstacle corners, start/end points, create edges and perform a search on this graph. Graph will be updated only on demand and cached for some region around agent. Start/end node and their edges are the only generated every search.

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 5

so basically all sit in the orange brick house for no zombies :lol:

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 6

I've fell off the hype now. I don't really care when it releases anymore. Which is a good thing I suppose because it means I won't be disappointed in anyway! AC4 can be entertained! :D

Edited by Owain1122
  • Like 1

If y0u r3aly st0dy anglash - g1ve up h0pe, poo n0t urs

Im australian, my heritiage is ukraininan. I dont study russian, i think russians smell like shit (hem-no). I wouldn't ever want to learn their language fully, the most angry, selfish and corrupt people on the planet.

Anyways, thats probably why it isnt 100%

There is no such thing as a Ukrainian heritage. Belarus, Ukraine, Russia are all rooted in Rus' culture, all of them are Rus people. Kievan Rus ring any bells?

I wonder if Rocket thought of having corpses lying about, some of which will grab at you and try to pull you down. It would be an interesting mechanic and could factor into the pathing system.

How?

Moans...the moans of the ground grabbers could alert others, mayby add to the breadcumbs..

• Like 1

I wonder if Rocket thought of having corpses lying about, some of which will grab at you and try to pull you down. It would be an interesting mechanic and could factor into the pathing system.

How?

Moans...the moans of the ground grabbers could alert others, mayby add to the breadcumbs..

I've mentioned grabbing>biting as Zed attack a few times.

Lying stationary grabbers are a bit cliche now though, no?

I've mentioned grabbing>biting as Zed attack a few times.

Lying stationary grabbers are a bit cliche now though, no?

Cliche? Nahhhh I would find them to be something common.

One thing that dayz lacks right now and I really do hope this is something that will be added is a lack of death and destruction.

Sure we have the ruined buildings and some ruined cars and a few bodies here and there...

But it needs more for an even more in-depth immersive feel.

Take a look at any classic zombie movies for instance. Day of the Dead

Zombies laying on the streets, trash everywhere. destroyed buildings, corpses lying about rotting in the hot Florida sun, a gator walking across the street.

Things like that would be a big improvement.

It also ties the bread crumbs together.

Day of the dead

HELLO? IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?

Sound, of course which is already a mechanic factored for zeds chasing us.

Having ground grabbers, or things laying about on the ground that could alert zombies of our presence should be maybe looked at in addition to what is already added with sound detection, bread crumbs, pathing, etc

At the same time I understand that there are limits to a game and such factors could be excluded due to optimization But the nonetheless I feel as though these are some things that hopefully Dean would look at and consider while continuing the development of the SA,

Yeah I have a lot of spare time on my hands :P

Edited by zfleming12
  • Like 1

Cliche? *snip*

Yeah I have a lot of spare time on my hands :P

I was only referencing the triggering of a Zed you think is just a corpse as being cliche.

I would like to see a bit more gore and a few more bodies.

I thought the mass graves were a nice touch in the mod but more evidence of infection related carnage within towns and cities would be more authentic. Blood splatter and the odd bloody hand print, maybe a pile of guts or a well chewed skeleton in a bloody corner.

• Like 3