SmashT

November Round-up

What, are you 12? You're one of those 12 year old fans of this cunt Brit with no clue of how to act amongst others? GTFO kid

I wish I was 12 :lol:

Yeah, this also confuses me greatly. I dont understand what they would of had back then, apart from the actual mod, still using the same engine (more or less).

That was the original plan and why everyone expected in in Dec 2012.

They were going to originally pack Arma II and DayZ in to the one unified game and ship it, early in December though the devs decided that it really wasn't what they wanted and decided instead to completely redo the entire game - which is where we are now.

It is no small task they are undertaking and compared to some other studios they have a very small amount of developers working on the project - they are making tremendous progress though.

• Like 2

What, are you 12? You're one of those 12 year old fans of this cunt Brit with no clue of how to act amongst others? GTFO kid

Just to let you know. Now whos acting immature? reported...

Edited by Aporis
  • Like 1

one thing i am very confused about is why pathing for zombies if proving so difficult? There are plenty of games which have pathing for AI which means they dont run through walls. why is is becoming such a talked about issue, its not a new or incredibly complicated feature you would think its something that can be remedied prrtty simply/quickly. Is it the engine thats causing the issues or something else?

is there bullet drop and bullet time in DayZ SA ?

There is in ArmA2 so I guess they will keep it from that. I see no reason to make them anew for the SA.

Edited by Zarniwoop

There is in ArmA2 so I guess they will keep it from that.

Theres no "bullet time"

Theres no "bullet time"

Just searched what he actually meant by that. I thought it was the time a bullet took to reach a target. LOL Hopefully there will be no "bullet time" ever in DayZ. Sorry for missunderstanding anyway.

Just searched what he actually meant by that. I thought it was the time a bullet took to reach a target. LOL Hopefully there will be no "bullet time" ever in DayZ. Sorry for missunderstanding anyway.

Yes no probs, I don't want to have Max Payne powers either, *time slows down* jump guns blazin *pew*pew*pew*pew

Edited by Aporis
  • Like 1

I think he did probably mean the time it takes for a bullet to reach it's destination.

Also, Letrollax is taking a week long vacation.

• Like 7

I think he did probably mean the time it takes for a bullet to reach it's destination.

a boat trip to banana islands?

Yesh Im sure there will be that "bullet reaching the target in various time" thingy, as Arma simulates weapons in every aspect except RELOADING!

Edited by Aporis

Theres no "bullet time"

If bullet time means that bullet disappears after X seconds I very much believe there will be also in DayZ. Every Arma game has it. Some bullets/missiles can have more than others.

one thing i am very confused about is why pathing for zombies if proving so difficult? There are plenty of games which have pathing for AI which means they dont run through walls. why is is becoming such a talked about issue, its not a new or incredibly complicated feature you would think its something that can be remedied prrtty simply/quickly. Is it the engine thats causing the issues or something else?

As far as i understand it its largely due to the shear size of the map,and the amount of system resources it would take to have 3000 zeds running around all dynamically calculating where they can and cant run.

Most other games have a much smaller map or simply require less accurate pathing.

avalanche engine would be nice with this idea

Does seem like a good engine, but can it handle multiplayer on the same scale that dayz requires? serious question.

Otherwise known as HumanBeing25 who was given a 3 day suspension by myself earlier today.

He/they will now be permanently banned.

• Like 24

Haha. Have you even looked at the front page of this site? 

staticon-unique.gif Unique Players: 1,737,741

Now multiply 1,737,741 by the retail price of Arma 2 CO, $20. Actually, I'll do it for you, since you're probably not even a high school grad.

$34,754,820

That's more money than you are ever going to make in your entire lifetime, fucktard. Who's the failure now?

I hate to break it to you but I seriously doubt that DayZ SA will sell 1.7 million copies.  Even some of the most popular indie titles like Prison Architect or Don't Starve haven't even sold a quarter of that.

I believe it is an engine issue and I believe most of the issues currently plaguing DayZ SA boil down to the engine just not being designed to do what Rocket wants to do.  In the end, people are just going to have to put up with the nuances & quirks of the game because at the heart is still the ARMA II engine.

So instead of polishing the turd, we are re shaping the turd into a new looking turd, and then polishing it???????

how many times has people re downloaded the game ?

i know ive dl the mod from here 3/4 times alone. so realistically a million is a goal of this game if it tops that cool. it could do it depends how hard the hype train rolls. hope it has spinners on !

Tbh i think zombies wont ever move properly/as intended on this engine no matter what you do to it.

If it would be easy or any way near doable , i think they would have done that with high prority.

What will the game look like a year from now?

I dont think Zs will move properly and most other things ( i didnt really care about even in the mod) will be still the same , there will be no magical "MILESTONE" at wich the engine code suddenly magically becomes something diefferent.

I just dont see any point in w8ing much longer since they arent doing anything but editing the map putting in new items , "working on it" with seemengly little progress in what would declare this whole deleaying thing.

I just feels like even the Devs dont have a fucking clue if or when they will ever reach that "milestone"

To sum it up i just dont think they will ever reach their goals with the Arma 2 engine NEVER , because it just doesnt allow it without an amount of work that comes close to creating a whole new perfectly suited engine...

Its like trying to bend a piece of steel into a position it just doesnt fit , and the end result looks at best "improvised"

Edited by Feanorfeuergeist