SmashT

November Round-up

i really hope it breaks down in the first weeks of steam release like WarZ did. thats what it, well not it but the incompetent team, or better rocket, deserves in my eyes.

You got no idea what you're even talking about now. There were very good reasons why WarZ got beaten up.

• Like 1

Arma II in steam dayli ofert only 1.99€ this is a sing they try to get last sells until release of SA!!!!!

sorprendido-533x360.jpg

Just re-viewed the raw gameplay footage video from the 15th and realised that I love Rocket's new cheeky kind of attitude towards the naysayers.

Edited by Zarniwoop

oh so awesome in understanding text and metaphorical language. (watch out ironic/hyperbolic statement you 500-zombie-guy)

tho no reason to get personel raging (still)fanboy.

so to sum up: you are ok with the whole project to be a failure/multiple failures and a lot broken promises, or if u want to call them "statements". i only give a second chance but none more.

im quite sure BIS would have shredded the project SA by now if it wasnt "promised" to the community somehow.

i really hope it breaks down in the first weeks of steam release like WarZ did. thats what it, well not it but the incompetent team, or better rocket, deserves in my eyes.

You have a sad and depressing outlook Mr Bongoman, i can only hope it doesn't extend into your everyday life beyond the interwebzs. 

• Like 5

oh so awesome in understanding text and metaphorical language. (watch out ironic/hyperbolic statement you 500-zombie-guy)

tho no reason to get personel raging (still)fanboy.

so to sum up: you are ok with the whole project to be a failure/multiple failures and a lot broken promises, or if u want to call them "statements". i only give a second chance but none more.

im quite sure BIS would have shredded the project SA by now if it wasnt "promised" to the community somehow.

Ha! Looks like you picked up right were you left off. Way to hold onto that anger man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyc9TdDoKu8

• Like 1

You have a sad and depressing outlook Mr Bongoman, i can only hope it doesn't extend into your everyday life beyond the interwebzs. 

i really hope your child breaks down in the first weeks after birth like I did. thats what it, well not it but the parents, or better the father, deserves in my eyes.

i really hope your car breaks down in the first weeks after you buy it like mine did. thats what it, well not it but car companies, or better Honda, deserves in my eyes.

i really hope your sexual ability breaks down in the first weeks after you get a girlfriend like mine did. thats what it, well not it but your girlfriend, or better girls, deserves in my eyes.

Such anger.

• Like 1

I've made some personal changes in my life as of late and I see a couple people lashing out here and on the Quick Update thread. I fell into a state of dickheadery myself a few months back, but when I looked at my situation, I realized my complaining about DayZ wasn't about DayZ and the development at all, it was just due to the fact that I was unhappy. Rocket smiles through all of this craziness and the whole dev team goes to WORK everyday, moving forward with their product under intense scrutiny from so many people. 

Not to get long winded, but Rocket has led me to games like Project Zomboid and Kerbal Space Program. In fact, I hadn't played a game in quite a while on any platform until I read a little blurb on the best Mods of 2012 one year ago today. This has been one of the best years of gaming in my life. What's hilarious is, all of the games I'm playing are still being worked on. It's AWESOME! 

Thanks for suffering my sentiment, but I feel good and so should you. I've gained a calmness through this community because some of you put up with my shit early on. Following this project has changed me for the better. So, to my point, if you're coming just to bitch and moan, think about why you're really doing it. Go for a jog, take a long walk, call your mom and tell her you love her, but for crying out loud, don't fuck with people just to get a rise.

Well that was a ramble. Fuck it, just look at this. . .This is my never ending high five to all of you.

EDIT: I removed the crazy gif that was here. 

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 16

I've made some personal changes in my life as of late and I see a couple people lashing out here and on the Quick Update thread. I fell into a state of dickheadery myself a few months back, but when I looked at my situation, I realized my complaining about DayZ wasn't about DayZ and the development at all, it was just due to the fact that I was unhappy. Rocket smiles through all of this craziness and the whole dev team goes to WORK everyday, moving forward with their product under intense scrutiny from so many people. 

Not to get long winded, but Rocket has led me to games like Project Zomboid and Kerbal Space Program. In fact, I hadn't played a game in quite a while on any platform until I read a little blurb on the best Mods of 2012 one year ago today. This has been one of the best years of gaming in my life. What's hilarious is, all of the games I'm playing are still being worked on. It's AWESOME! 

Thanks for suffering my sentiment, but I feel good and so should you. I've gained a calmness through this community because some of you put up with my shit early on. Following this project has changed me for the better. So, to my point, if you're coming just to bitch and moan, think about why you're really doing it. Go for a jog, take a long walk, call your mom and tell her you love her, but for crying out loud, don't fuck with people just to get a rise.

Often the mentality of complaining and being negative is not an inherent personality defect, but the result of, as you said, some other unhappiness. Sometimes it's also just a lack of perspective which is why kids get so out of control with their emotions about little things. My guess is our current negative nancy is young, mostly due to his/her inability to give any sort of constructive reason for their anger.

It's going to be a shit show when the alpha is released. The development team is going to need a lot of feedback and they're going to have to sift through pages and pages of whining and indiscriminate anger.

I love you Gonzo and agree completely.

-Hand thing snipped, ruined brain-

I find the hand thing deeply offensive.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Well that was a ramble. Fuck it, just look at this. . .LlKLaiz.gif This is my never ending high five to all of you.

Hear, hear.

Haha. Have you even looked at the front page of this site? 

staticon-unique.gif Unique Players: 1,737,741

Now multiply 1,737,741 by the retail price of Arma 2 CO, $20. Actually, I'll do it for you, since you're probably not even a high school grad.

$34,754,820

That's more money than you are ever going to make in your entire lifetime, fucktard. Who's the failure now?

GOY5MN6.gif

• Like 2

so true omg they'll probs make more like 50mil seeing as its SA and not an outdated un optimized game and it'll only be in alpha so yeah

Well that was a ramble. Fuck it, just look at this. . .LlKLaiz.gif This is my never ending high five to all of you.

Back at you man :) 

• Like 1

Not more pictures, we want release right here, right now.

39pwPL7.jpg

• Like 1

It won't release faster just because you said so. We're all waiting like everyone else. Just got to be patient :) Game development isn't as easy as it looks.

• Like 1

I dont hate the game (even tho its taken some seriously lousy design calls), what i do despise tho is blind fanboyism such as SalamanderAnders, throwing around insults the moment someone dares to type down something negative about the game or its designer.

And since you my friend are such an expert on game dev let me show how i, the pleb, see the implementation of everything you listed as huge changes. Inventory waa there before, drag and drop and some new graphics for it are nothing special

Clothing system came from arma3, weapon attachments aswell.

Zombie pathing should be one of the primary concernes and its only beeing looked now, supposed weeks before release.

Stability and bugkilling is the only thing that should have been happening at this point, not additions to the core of the game.

The map was 225sq kilometers in arma too, so what? Does not change the fact that all that was really done with the buildings was to add interiors and repopulate the map with the new models.

Lots of work - yes for sure, a years worth of it, not really if the project would have been managed differently. It should not be an alpha at this point, thats all im saying.

Now go on, continue with calling everyone who disagrees with you 'idiots', 'assholes' and whater other colourful name you chose for people who dont write posts like "we love you rocket, youre my hero, take all the time in the world to release an unfinished product and call it an alpher when it inevitably goes wrong"

I dont hate the game (even tho its taken some seriously lousy design calls), what i do despise tho is blind fanboyism such as SalamanderAnders, throwing around insults the moment someone dares to type down something negative about the game or its designer.

And since you my friend are such an expert on game dev let me show how i, the pleb, see the implementation of everything you listed as huge changes. Inventory waa there before, drag and drop and some new graphics for it are nothing special

Clothing system came from arma3, weapon attachments aswell.

Zombie pathing should be one of the primary concernes and its only beeing looked now, supposed weeks before release.

Stability and bugkilling is the only thing that should have been happening at this point, not additions to the core of the game.

The map was 225sq kilometers in arma too, so what? Does not change the fact that all that was really done with the buildings was to add interiors and repopulate the map with the new models.

Lots of work - yes for sure, a years worth of it, not really if the project would have been managed differently. It should not be an alpha at this point, thats all im saying.

Now go on, continue with calling everyone who disagrees with you 'idiots', 'assholes' and whater other colourful name you chose for people who dont write posts like "we love you rocket, youre my hero, take all the time in the world to release an unfinished product and call it an alpher when it inevitably goes wrong"

So now you're a fanboy if you insult someone who comes on here and says they hope the game fails? Ooooookay then.

You've completely disregarded the restructuring of the whole engine in your post by the way. My understanding is this has taken up the bulk of the work- the foundational code.

Lots of people have legitimate questions and concerns about the game, others come in here angry and hostile. It shouldn't be surprising that the second group is met with hostility in return, regardless of whether or not that response is the right one to make. If someone doesn't like the game or think it has no chance to succeed, then they should leave. What are they doing on the forums of a game they think sucks? If you have constructive points to make then make them and generate some discussion.

• Like 1

Dang! I always miss these hypetrains. Oh well.

A thought: Wouldn't SA's imminent release be more hinged on whether they've rented the appropriate server capacity yet? Have they already spent the money to host enough servers to accommodate 30,000 players? There's gonna be a shit ton of curiosity purchases on launch day.

Also, is it that BIS/DayZ's relationship with Steam is different? What I mean is, there's no info box for DayZ on Steam's "coming soon" or "early release" pages. Are they relying on the assumption that word of release won't spread too far if it unceremoniously pops up on Steam? Surely every online news outlet with a gaming focus or gaming section will run a blurb about DayZ SA launch. 

Seems like so many unfinished details to iron out. That'd be awesome if it came out this Monday, for example, but I gotta think it's gonna be awhile. Still say Jan 1

• Like 2

With the price drops on steam going around I think i should get the BAF and PMC DLCs so i can get some better graphics without having to up my settings and cause lag. Only problem is convincing my dad to get me these and then SA when it comes out (provided i have the money at that time)

Edited by Dchil

@AnarchyBrownies, id say criticism is just as constructive as legitimate concerns, while brown nosing in countless posts of the "way to go buddy" category add nothing to the discussion.

And if you took my posts as angry and hostile then what the hell would you call the ones made by Salamnder for example?

I also never said i dislike the game, despite the many poor decisions, small and big. An example of a small one would be the model of the compass for example. Why not go with something a little more common than a rusty antique looking thing?

Or an example of the huge variety - why the hell are they just now hiring a sound guy when there should have been one on the team for atleast six months already? Why is everything people are complaining about lately a 'placeholder'? Models and graphical design has nothing to do with coding of the engine so what were they doing for a year? Painting helmet models?

:) Game development isn't as easy as it looks.

Not really...it really doesnt need to be complicated

The way they've approached it, yeah. With the bastard version of ARMA 2 engine. Its too late to complain and im not whining, just discussin'

Edited by Mazzar

Dang! I always miss these hypetrains. Oh well.

A thought: Wouldn't SA's imminent release be more hinged on whether they've rented the appropriate server capacity yet? Have they already spent the money to host enough servers to accommodate 30,000 players? There's gonna be a shit ton of curiosity purchases on launch day.

Also, is it that BIS/DayZ's relationship with Steam is different? What I mean is, there's no info box for DayZ on Steam's "coming soon" or "early release" pages. Are they relying on the assumption that word of release won't spread too far if it unceremoniously pops up on Steam? Surely every online news outlet with a gaming focus or gaming section will run a blurb about DayZ SA launch. 

Seems like so many unfinished details to iron out. That'd be awesome if it came out this Monday, for example, but I gotta think it's gonna be awhile. Still say Jan 1

Not 30k, 100k:

BIS will run some servers through a hosting provider who will also run some. I think we will be able to handle 50-100k concurrents (this is from memory, i can't be sure of the exact numbers).

http://www.reddit.co...co_give/cda0ahh

So it seems arrangements are made, but it will stil take a while to setup all the servers, me thinks...

So from the point you see 50+ players on test server - add a week, than it may release.