Karmaterror

Get an Alpha out!!

I posted this in Just saw Rocket again but it works just as well in here.  ;)

ncV4HtO.jpg

• Like 4

Do not compare A3 to DayZ SA.

The dead nation devs can not strip the code down and then add their own.

It remains an open and modable open sandbox platform(insert script here).

In fact no one should compare DayZ SA to A3/ToH/ RV 2.5 or anything else you want to call it.

It is DayZ SA engine, there is nothing out there to compare to at this time.

I'm not saying that dead nation will not be an interesting modification but it will always be just that, a mod using outdated DayZ mod code/pbo's that is apt to abuse, no matter what they manage to do with it using A3 as a base.

Correct me if im wrong but its not the DayZ SA engine....its the arma 2 engine with a lot of extras. Whats wrong with comparing it to A3? Loads of features of SA are in A3. Wouldn't surprise me if BIS gave some of there new stuff to rocket to help with the games development.

The longer it takes to release the less understanding I will be with regards to bugs and missing content.

It's a modification of an existing engine, the basic game is already thrashed out. The game examples quoted here took longer because there was more work to do - design, story, fmv etc. Not much of those things will be in SA.

In the Arma 3 camp posts abound of players complaining A3 isn't getting enough attention due to BIS focussing on SA.

The point for me is that BIS are overstretching themselves and generally making some bad decisions.

When it eventually releases it'll still be cpu and hdd heavy. Servers will still have a lot of desync and moments of wtf.

I don't think the majority will be complaining about new bugs, more likely complaining about old bugs that are still there.

• Like 1

There will likely be hiccups and headaches along the way but Rockets vision will be realized.

Those of us who appreciate his vision for DayZ and understand even a little as to what goes into making such in-depth experience can exercise some patience while we wait.

That being said, when it's released I will calmly start the download and slowly step away from my computer and then proceed to run around my apartment screaming like a maniac.

• Like 4

There will likely be hiccups and headaches along the way but Rockets vision will be realized.

Those of us who appreciate his vision for DayZ and understand even a little as to what goes into making such in-depth experience can exercise some patience while we wait.

That being said, when it's released I will calmly start the download and slowly step away from my computer and then proceed to run around my apartment screaming like a maniac.

Yuuuuuuuup... I think the longest wait period for me is going to be after it officially releases and I am waiting for it to download/install. 

• Like 1

Without the it comes out when it comes out bullshit

I firmly believe they hit a major snag in development, or they are sitting there with C++ for dummies books on their laps trying to code the game

one of the 2

This is just my opinion however we live in an age where the Steam Early Access forums are filled with idiots saying "OMFG DONT BUY THIS ITS NOT FINISHED!! PAY TO BETA TEST!1 WTffffff!!!"

There is a real possibilty of market loss from an alpha that is COMPLETELY broken. BI does not get to enjoy forgiveness like Rockstar did when they let loose alpha quality online play for GTA.

Having said that tho. In my opinion there should have been an alpha without zombies and the network bubble. Yes it would have been controversial but it would have not been squeezed in with next gen consoles and a boatload of AAA games at the latter part of the year. The decision to delay is going to cost sales potentially into well of next year. And then you have to deal with all the Kickstarter games coming out.

Again this is just my opinion but I believe an internal deadline needs to be a few days before Halloween. Even if it means no zombies.

That's very fair, but I would say that a lot of the basics were already in place. Its not as if hes coding a whole new engine, and that takes a huge chunk of development time ;)

Indeed. It took a long time to develop arma 2 and the fundamentals are definitely there. However, it was never really meant for 50 players and thousands of zombies and hundreds of thousands of items all interacting simultaneously on one server. So I would have to disagree simply in the fact that DayZ is a very different animal when it comes to what it is trying to accomplish as opposed to Arma. They have to handle all of that in a very different way which means large swaths of the engine have to be scrapped and written from the ground up. So it's no easy task...

But anyway, rocket said they're pretty much in the final stretch, so I don't think we really need to be worried. The Standalone will come, and I anticipate that even with all of the new implementations it will have it's own problems. First and foremost, the game must be stable. It's very easy to say "release it now I don't care about bugs," but if they released it and the game simply doesn't workthat's when we are going to encounter serious issues. After the last dev blog or so, rocket said himself something along the lines of "What you see in the dev blog is a lot of gameplay going on. what you don't see is the 2 + hours of trying to connect to the server and failing, crashing, ect."

I'm just paraphrasing but he did say that. So really, are 1,000,000 + players going to want to deal with a game that takes over two hours to even join? Probably not. That's fundamental. That simply must work before they can release the Alpha.

• Like 1

Okay I couldnt read all the answers for this post, I will answer just to title. Do you guys know what happend to Creative assembly when they released ROME II: Total War too quick and far from complete ?
 Jesus man their community is almost going to burn down their all buildings and hang the workers of Sega, even after they released some patches. For DayZ SA, after promising lots of changes, they have no luxury to make mistakes, thats why they move slowly.

What would be worse? Having 50% of the community playing a good stable build happy till the rest of the community inevitably joins in or 95% playing a buggy build getting killed off to bugs in a perma death game? You want a good first impression. If everyone lags it'll turn a ton of people off. The only thing holding them off is the server-client architecture if I'm right.

Like I said. Dates need to be thrown out the fucking window. The only thing the dev team is doing even hinting at a time frame is pissing the community off. And every time it happens, more and more people get pissed off.

It'll be released when it's released. But an alpha IS NOT supposed to be perfect. That's the entire concept of an Alpha.

My verdict? We seriously need an alpha... and soon. If not? Then stop calling it an alpha and release it to a beta if it's going to be so refined... AND STOP TALKING ABOUT AN ALPHA!!!

The longer it takes to release the less understanding I will be with regards to bugs and missing content.

It's a modification of an existing engine, the basic game is already thrashed out. The game examples quoted here took longer because there was more work to do - design, story, fmv etc. Not much of those things will be in SA.

In the Arma 3 camp posts abound of players complaining A3 isn't getting enough attention due to BIS focussing on SA.

The point for me is that BIS are overstretching themselves and generally making some bad decisions.

When it eventually releases it'll still be cpu and hdd heavy. Servers will still have a lot of desync and moments of wtf.

I don't think the majority will be complaining about new bugs, more likely complaining about old bugs that are still there.

Hello there

The SA is not affecting the development of A3. The A3 camp isn't full of opinions like this. I'm an active member of Bohemias forums fo example. There's always a few conspiracists.

Also, the basic game is not thrashed out. Its been gutted and retailored. This is not a mod. 

Without the it comes out when it comes out bullshit

I firmly believe they hit a major snag in development, or they are sitting there with C++ for dummies books on their laps trying to code the game

one of the 2

Nope, I see parts of the daily changelogs. Work's going on at a good pace.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

OP, your concerns are valid.

You know the sick feeling of betrayal you get when you are stabbed in the back by some supposed "friend" in-game?  Rocket has upped those griefers by an order of magnitude.  The joke is on all of us, the game may never be released.  Other highly anticipated titles have been shelved in the past, there is precedent for this happening.  Any fan of the game should be concerned, those who are not are in denial.

I hope I'm wrong.

The game is not going to be shelved before an Alpha is released. That's just stupid on the part of the developers.

What I'm more worried about is that the Alpha will be released, at which point the community is going to take it's troll toll. Rocket will want to add this or that feature to the game, and everyone's going to get their shit in a twist because they're going to disagree with this or that implementation. Just look at the mod. Every time they add something like infections, or make the zombies harder, (or anything else that presents the slightest bit of adversity), and suddenly we've got asshats like Miffy and other whiners who put up thousands of repetitive threads like:

"Zombies are TOO HARD NOW!"

"Infections are ridiculous!"

"Zombies are so OP"

"Hunger goes down too fast!"

"OMG stamina is ruining the game"

"Gear degradation is sooo unrealistic"

"WHY DOES I HAS TO FIND NEW SHOES?"

You get my point. These brats could very well be the downfall of the game.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/150292-best-settings-for-spotting-people/

Just look at this fucking shit. What a disgrace.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 1

Something really fishy is going on for sure. When Rocket came back at the end of May he literally said progress on netcode was beyond his wildest expectations. Now we are still sitting here empty-handed half a year later. What happened?  

only rocket will understand this. Wee must releas de alpher! Rocket get de alpher out!

Something really fishy is going on for sure. When Rocket came back at the end of May he literally said progress on netcode was beyond his wildest expectations. Now we are still sitting here empty-handed half a year later. What happened?  

OP, your concerns are valid.

You know the sick feeling of betrayal you get when you are stabbed in the back by some supposed "friend" in-game?  Rocket has upped those griefers by an order of magnitude.  The joke is on all of us, the game may never be released.  Other highly anticipated titles have been shelved in the past, there is precedent for this happening.  Any fan of the game should be concerned, those who are not are in denial.

I hope I'm wrong.

Hello there

Yup, something fishy is indeed going on. We are using the forums to mine our way into your  bank accounts and to deliberately "betray" and lie to you.

It's what excites Dean. He's literally spent the last year or so playing KSP and laughing at us all as he is the antichrist.

/sarcasm.

Jebus, theres no hidden agenda, why does everyone think there's some dark and dodgy aspects happening?

If the game did fail to come out the person it would hurt the most would be Dean. Not you guys. The game being shelved would not affect you apart from the mispent emotions you seem to be investing.

I apologise if I sound harsh, but things really need to be kept in perspective. Its a game. Not an uprising or surgery.

It will be released in a "test" form when Dean is happy to release it.

Its not vapourware, I test it.

Dean's not plotting something from his volcano lair surrounded by beautiful women and Lambos.

Yes, it is frustrating waiting for a game that we all want. But have some patience and most of all some realistic perspective.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 4

Dean's not plotting something from his volcano lair surrounded by beautiful women and Lambos.

Then what is he doing in his volcano lair surrounded by beautiful women and lambos? We have a right to know!

• Like 3

Jebus, theres no hidden agenda, why does everyone think there's some dark and dodgy aspects happening?

If the game did fail to come out the person it would hurt the most would be Dean. Not you guys. The game being shelved would not affect you apart from the mispent emotions you seem to be investing.

I apologise if I sound harsh, but things really need to be kept in perspective. Its a game. Not an uprising or surgery.

It will be released in a "test" form when Dean is happy to release it.

Its not vapourware, I test it.

Yes, it is frustrating waiting for a game that we all want. But have some patience and most of all some realistic perspective.

Rdgs

LoK

WHY!? Because WarZ or Infestation mommommoo thast why! That game was Fishy! And Jebus ain't gonna rescue us because there is No JEBUS!

How can you tell Dean's having sexy time with beatiful women and driving lambos, he can't afford those things. Unless he is having somesort falsename operation going on deep in the TOR network... And how dare you ask us some patience after we have been patient for FUCKING YEAR!!! Thanks for listening this nice post LoK, I has no intentions in harming you, or bashing your head against the wall, I'm just having a mental breakdown here because of the game, every morning my brain is telling me that the game is out, i see funny dreams about this game... I guess im the first patient blasting to the mental hospital.

Rgds.

ApO.

Hot damn. That was probably the single most sensible post I've ever seen by orlok...

Not to offend. You have other sensible posts. But damn. Spot on. Good show.

Aporis, unless you're being sarcastic... You should probably just calm the fuck down. It's gonna be alright. The reasons that WarZ was fishy were not even similar to this situation, in fact, it was the inverse. They released a game wayyyy before it was ready, advertised tons of features that simply did not exist, and filled it with Pay to Win crap. None of that is happening here. Rocket is taking his time so the game can be functional.

A year is not that long in terms of game development. See my earlier post on page 2, please.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

Hot damn. That was probably the single most sensible post I've ever seen by orlok...

Not to offend. You have other sensible posts. But damn. Spot on. Good show.

Aporis, you should probably just calm the fuck down. It's gonna be alright. The reasons that WarZ was fishy were not even similar to this situation, in fact, it was the inverse. They released a game wayyyy before it was ready, advertised tons of features that simply did not exist, and filled it with Pay to Win crap. None of that is happening here.

A year is not that long in terms of game development. See my earlier post on page 2, please.

I know its not long but seriously im losing my mind here.

I don't think everything is implimented yet, so it would be an uncomplete alpha and main points of the game would be missing.. We would end up with a bad Alpha (which, why not play the mod then?) for a prolonged period of time *cough cough WarZ cough cough* As much as a gamer boner you got going on for it, (as i do also) I think its best left until its very playable for long periods of time, unlike the mod at this point in time.