TheMachine

You NEED bandits like me

You are genuinely trying to argue that Kill on Site does not mean Kill on Site.

Oh boy.

What part of the '.. on Site' confuses you.

That's like trying to argue that 'Cash on Delivery' does not in fact mean that you pay using cash.. on delivery.

There is no point arguing with the KoS kiddies. Plain and simple. They're gonna continue to think that nothing in DayZ will ever defy their idiotic mentality. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what happens with Standalone and how many of them quit playing.

They're just going to keep giving the same excuse over and over again, it's not going to change by us saying anything. I don't think this thread is going any farther. Machine has already admitted he's a troll. And we both know how arguing with a troll goes. It'll only get us both yelled at again. Rofl

• Like 4

There is no point arguing with the KoS kiddies. Plain and simple. They're gonna continue to think that nothing in DayZ will ever defy their idiotic mentality. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what happens with Standalone and how many of them quit playing.

They're just going to keep giving the same excuse over and over again, it's not going to change by us saying anything. I don't think this thread is going any farther. Machine has already admitted he's a troll. And we both know how arguing with a troll goes. It'll only get us both yelled at again. Rofl

Oh, well aware - nobody can possibly be THAT stupid.

Something has to get me through the work day though :P

The thread should have been locked 2 or 3 pages ago but for some reason it's still open - I don't even think the topic itself has been touched on for a while.

Oh, well aware - nobody can possibly be THAT stupid.

Something has to get me through the work day though :P

The thread should have been locked 2 or 3 pages ago but for some reason it's still open - I don't even think the topic itself has been touched on for a while.

I don't even think there was a topic to begin with. The OP isn't a bandit, he's a troll. He has admitted it several times.

As I have stated before:

No amount of trouble and pain will stop a douchebag from trying to be a douchebag. There are just those that enjoy making others miserable and if they get any hint that they have done so they get tingles down below. There is a way to modify behaviour that works very well on this mentality and that is called Extinction. You simply ignore bad behaviour until they grow bored and start seeking attention in a more positive fashion or go away. You can tell who in this thread feels the need for the negative reinforcement... their chosen avatars tend to give it away in some cases and their quotes in others. 

Do what I do. Even if it is a hacker that hacked in a main battle tank and started shooting people in Chenro with it, ignore them. Go about your game and simply ignore them. Nothing burns that sort of person more than having someone ignore them. Stay off of side chat and direct chat and just don't interact with them. 

Then, later on when you are geared up go out and hunt the normal sniper locations. Usually they are not that hard to kill and don't even scan their surroundings while they get tunnel vision staring down their scope. The ones that actually move around in the towns and other areas themselves are the only ones that actually deserve any sort of respect. They take a chance even if they are geared up because at 10-100 meters a pistol can be just as deadly as an M4A1 CCO. 

• Like 1

Another person who wants to PvE and clearly hasn't understood the thrust of the game or human nature. 

Fighting zombies and roleplaying is boring, if that's what you want to do there's shitty games like WoW, go play that.

DayZ is interesting because of KoS, because it's a ruthless fight to the death for supplies and weapons. If SA carebears it up too much the streaming community will die over night and so will the game. 

Lol when did he say he wanted PvE.

Neither did he ever say he wanted to roleplay or shit.

That there was not necessary. He was against KoS. That does not mean you are a carebear.

Carebears are stupid dumbasses who play on no PVP servers.

Anyways, I have found KoS really, really annoying. I have no problem with banditry itself, but killing people with say, sniper rifles, for nearly no reason than just to get a bigger kill count is... just the kind of shit you would do in Call of Duty or Battlefield, or in Wasteland. Not in DayZ.

Banditry is what keeps the game interesting, not getting sniped or sniping. I want to make a nice friend to later see him leave me in a deep shit situation and take our stuff and leave with it, or someone who tortures me or uses me as their slave or hostage. I'd prefer not to get killed by some guy 300 metres away spamming a magazine of DMR shots, It would be better if someone would hold me up, and decide if they want to execute me or not. I would not try to run away, I would accept my damn death, because these guys were nice enough not to shoot me on sight.

• Like 4

Even finding a good gun in a half hour is pretty quick in comparison to what it was.

true that..

back when i first started i think i went 11 days without a gun/ammo for it..

i seriously thought firearms were a myth..

(looking back, man those were frustrating but good times)...

• Like 3

As I have stated before:

No amount of trouble and pain will stop a douchebag from trying to be a douchebag. There are just those that enjoy making others miserable and if they get any hint that they have done so they get tingles down below. There is a way to modify behaviour that works very well on this mentality and that is called Extinction. You simply ignore bad behaviour until they grow bored and start seeking attention in a more positive fashion or go away. You can tell who in this thread feels the need for the negative reinforcement... their chosen avatars tend to give it away in some cases and their quotes in others. 

Do what I do. Even if it is a hacker that hacked in a main battle tank and started shooting people in Chenro with it, ignore them. Go about your game and simply ignore them. Nothing burns that sort of person more than having someone ignore them. Stay off of side chat and direct chat and just don't interact with them. 

Then, later on when you are geared up go out and hunt the normal sniper locations. Usually they are not that hard to kill and don't even scan their surroundings while they get tunnel vision staring down their scope. The ones that actually move around in the towns and other areas themselves are the only ones that actually deserve any sort of respect. They take a chance even if they are geared up because at 10-100 meters a pistol can be just as deadly as an M4A1 CCO. 

There is no range where a pistol is as deadly as a M4A1 CCO lol. I only skimmed over your post but the last sentance stuck out to me like a sore thumb. Some other things I agreed with.

Even if your deadly accurate a pistol is still not as dealy as any AR.

Generally I play Overwatch, so it's easy to find a vehicle and drive around looking for some juicy targets.

Calls others that don't KoS carebears -> tries to make the game as easy as possible for himself

I bet you're also one of those Pay2Win, 10,000 vehicle, care package, self bloodbag, increased loot spawn regulars as well.

I now dub you... Fairy-McPussy-Teletubby.

2hcpwcy.jpg

Edited by OfficerRaymond
  • Like 5

There has been a lot of underdeveloped genitalia waved about thus far, which would underline the mental deficiency and desperate need to be perceived as alpha male by the deadly killers in this topic.

Talking smack across the web about pretending to deliver violence to others in a computer game just doesn't cut it on that front and is agonisingly uncool ... but then I guess the same could be said for acne, a girl voice and tiny hairless boy parts.

Time to sound the teen e-peen alarm.

• Like 2

Nothing Worse, then makes thread stating how good he is

scumbagstevelogout.jpg?w=590

Edited by Conkykillz
  • Like 3

This thread is heading to the grave FAST.  People are just insulting each other now.  Can we get back on topic plz...

Whether or not some KOS helps the game or not... 

I will not hesitate to lock this topic.

Final chance to stop being children.

• Like 1

I think this perfectly sums up what I'd say to the carebears who cry about PvP and KOS.

Nope.

Plenty of other deathmatch type of games about,so who cares if your there or not

Whos the idiot... if i just killed you ..took the gear and ammo that you spend hours getting and your now running along the beach with zero gear again and need to spend hours getting it all again :)) that makes you the idiot.

You see if i die after taking all your gear then im fine with that as it took no effort on my part to gain that gear and will soon have someone elses as soon as i find a gun or hatchet again.

You never killed me though.

IDIOT, Ohgodmysides.

Edit MKI.

Just saw scumbag steve and teletubby.

lol'd.

Alright I'm finished now.

Edited by LancerG2

too many anti-KoS post in this topic  >:(

is make me annoy I feel stress :o

fuck it I going elektro >:(

don't stop till 20 kills :thumbsup: :ph34r:

• Like 1

This is basically how my Kill policy goes:

1. I don't KoS someone that looks like a new spawn, unless they are an immediate threat.

2. I KoS armed players in a zone that I want to go to if I have an objective.

3. If I have no objective (a vehicle, a specific gun, clothes etc) sometimes I KoS for the hell of it/

Whenever I do number 3, unless that person was someone I didn't like or was getting revenge on, I always take their stuff and offer to give it back to them (safely of course), because that way I get the satisfaction of killing someone but I'm not a full blown cunt about it.

Say what you will, works for me.

• Like 2

This is basically how my Kill policy goes:

1. I don't KoS someone that looks like a new spawn, unless they are an immediate threat.

2. I KoS armed players in a zone that I want to go to if I have an objective.

3. If I have no objective (a vehicle, a specific gun, clothes etc) sometimes I KoS for the hell of it/

Whenever I do number 3, unless that person was someone I didn't like or was getting revenge on, I always take their stuff and offer to give it back to them (safely of course), because that way I get the satisfaction of killing someone but I'm not a full blown cunt about it.

Say what you will, works for me.

this is basically my kill policy

1. if it moves i kill it !

i just wish people would stop arguing about this shit ! some like KOS and will continue to do it regardless so no amount of name calling bitching changing the game in whatever way will stop it.

is this what passes thetime while we wait for standalone bitching about KOS everythread ? glad i uninstalled the mod.

• Like 2

I'm not going to sit here and read this entire thread because it's kind of jumped around, so I'll just say what I thought after reading some of the OP's points.

No, we don't need bandits like you. You're not even a bandit if you ask me, just someone who gets a kick out of being a dick in a game, which is all too common.

If people who killed for shits and giggles were suddenly gone tomorrow, I don't see who would be complaining. Bandits are needed, as "awful" as they are, but people who set up in populated areas or camp high value spots are playing the wrong mod if you ask me. Bandits are going to kill, they may do so indiscriminately, but it's when a "bandit" goes out of his way to find someone to murder, leaves the body or simply hides it, and goes off to find someone else, that it's ridiculous.

Bandits in DayZ are the ones who see another player, and shoot them, sure. But they're not the ones who go somewhere TO shoot another player.

Bandits are the ones who go to NWAF to get some gear, and won't think twice about killing to protect themselves. They're not someone who goes to NWAF to sit in the trees and aim down the runway hoping to kill for shits and giggles.

If you think people like that would exist in a similar scenario in the real world, you're delusional.

I know why people do it in the game, because they enjoy the satisfaction of ruining someone else's experience, knowing that someone came a long way only to lose it all. They're the trolls and instigators of the internet, undeniably. Those type of "bandits" aren't needed at all. But what I don't understand, is if you think that you don't do it for that reason, why aren't you playing Wasteland then and fighting other well-armed people?

Summary: Nope, you're not needed, stop trying to elevate yourself. DayZ needs that human nature and lack of predictability, but that's not what you are.

• Like 5

I'm not going to sit here and read this entire thread because it's kind of jumped around, so I'll just say what I thought after reading some of the OP's points.

No, we don't need bandits like you. You're not even a bandit if you ask me, just someone who gets a kick out of being a dick in a game, which is all too common.

If people who killed for shits and giggles were suddenly gone tomorrow, I don't see who would be complaining. Bandits are needed, as "awful" as they are, but people who set up in populated areas or camp high value spots are playing the wrong mod if you ask me. Bandits are going to kill, they may do so indiscriminately, but it's when a "bandit" goes out of his way to find someone to murder, leaves the body or simply hides it, and goes off to find someone else, that it's ridiculous.

Bandits in DayZ are the ones who see another player, and shoot them, sure. But they're not the ones who go somewhere TO shoot another player.

Bandits are the ones who go to NWAF to get some gear, and won't think twice about killing to protect themselves. They're not someone who goes to NWAF to sit in the trees and aim down the runway hoping to kill for shits and giggles.

If you think people like that would exist in a similar scenario in the real world, you're delusional.

I know why people do it in the game, because they enjoy the satisfaction of ruining someone else's experience, knowing that someone came a long way only to lose it all. They're the trolls and instigators of the internet, undeniably. Those type of "bandits" aren't needed at all. But what I don't understand, is if you think that you don't do it for that reason, why aren't you playing Wasteland then and fighting other well-armed people?

Summary: Nope, you're not needed, stop trying to elevate yourself. DayZ needs that human nature and lack of predictability, but that's not what you are.

/thread.

We can all stop now, that sums up the situation perfectly.

/thread.

We can all stop now, that sums up the situation perfectly.

why because you agree with his opinion ? :rolleyes:

gotta love the internets ! :lol:

• Like 1

I think it's interesting how everyone agrees that several types of gameplay are ok, but KOS destroys gameplay. EXCEPT for KOS noobies.

Like it is, that those are the only people always arguing "just because you like it that way better" arguing about how they like the way they play it. 

My theory by now is, that KoS comes from the mental incapability to generalize problems. When people are incapable of distinquishing between their personal feelings telling them something is fun and it acutally having a positive or negative effect to do it, they will never be able to understand why KoS is a bad thing to do.

In the end, we can only hope that the "because the game is boring otherwise"-aspect goes away in standalone and people who are so bored that KoS is everything they want to do, get so busy surviving, that they don't even find the time to Look for easy prey. 

• Like 3

why because you agree with his opinion ? :rolleyes:

gotta love the internets ! :lol:

No, because he answered the question posed in the OP and gave a very well thought out answer that pretty much summed up everything quite concisely.. unlike some people. (e.g. You)

Aren't there fresh spawns you should be killing or something?

The question concerns the normal player not the 'I'LL KOS NO MATTER WHAT' players, you've made it quite clear you aren't quite in control of all your mental faculties and will continue to play the same tired way regardless of the condition of the Standalone - nobody is arguing about that other than you.

Nobody really cares what you're going to do, you've said it once, you can say it again and again, it's not going to somehow become a popular opinion or logical in any way, shape or form.

The fact of the matter is NO we don't need players like you, there will always be bandits, some actually decent bandits, without the KoS kiddies there would be absolutely nothing missing from the game - PvP will remain, PvE will remain, the world will continue to spin on its axis - that is what was asked in the title and that is the factual answer.. the game would not just magically cease to exist because a small minority of players are no longer shooting everyone they see.

• Like 2

I think it's interesting how everyone agrees that several types of gameplay are ok, but KOS destroys gameplay. EXCEPT for KOS noobies.

Like it is, that those are the only people always arguing "just because you like it that way better" arguing about how they like the way they play it. 

My theory by now is, that KoS comes from the mental incapability to generalize problems. When people are incapable of distinquishing between their personal feelings telling them something is fun and it acutally having a positive or negative effect to do it, they will never be able to understand why KoS is a bad thing to do.

In the end, we can only hope that the "because the game is boring otherwise"-aspect goes away in standalone and people who are so bored that KoS is everything they want to do, get so busy surviving, that they don't even find the time to Look for easy prey. 

You just said everything i have been thinking of KoS noobs all the time... Thank you for that, beans for you!

No, because he answered the question posed in the OP and gave a very well thought out answer that pretty much summed up everything quite concisely.. unlike some people. (e.g. You)

Aren't there fresh spawns you should be killing or something?

The question concerns the normal player not the 'I'LL KOS NO MATTER WHAT' players, you've made it quite clear you aren't quite in control of all your mental faculties and will continue to play the same tired way regardless of the condition of the Standalone - nobody is arguing about that other than you.

Nobody really cares what you're going to do, you've said it once, you can say it again and again, it's not going to somehow become a popular opinion or logical in any way, shape or form.

The fact of the matter is NO we don't need players like you, there will always be bandits, some actually decent bandits, without the KoS kiddies there would be absolutely nothing missing from the game - PvP will remain, PvE will remain, the world will continue to spin on its axis - that is what was asked in the title and that is the factual answer.. the game would not just magically cease to exist because a small minority of players are no longer shooting everyone they see.

possums just another derogatory response as usual ignored.

thing is you cant argue your point unbiased. so all what you put is ignored.

i just say you cant stop KOS because its a mentality thing and not a game mechanic which is what you and others cant seem to grasp. you and others just keep on bleating about KOS and it is mainly the same people everytime and what have you solved ? NOTHING ! you have not brought one single decent idea to the plate yet im the one at fault for admitting i like KOS and no game change will stop me from carring on killing everything in sight.

you cant solve or stop KOS please keep going round in circles though its entertaining.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

possums just another derogatory response as usual ignored.

thing is you cant argue your point unbiased. so all what you put is ignored.

i just say you cant stop KOS because its a mentality thing and not a game mechanic which is what you and others cant seem to grasp. you and others just keep on bleating about KOS and it is mainly the same people everytime and what have you solved ? NOTHING ! you have not brought one single decent idea to the plate yet im the one at fault for admitting i like KOS and no game change will stop me from carring on killing everything in sight.

you cant solve or stop KOS please keep going round in circles though its entertaining.

This.