TheMachine

You NEED bandits like me

And you have just kos'ed someone even against all the arguments you put up about gear and ammo...welcome to the crew my friend that didn't take long and the SA hasn't even been released yet.

Although ill be the one sending you a few trips to the beach...but i fully embrace the challenege and look forward to laughing at you as i drag you along the ground and shout abuse in your ear.

I'm not sure you know what KoS means - this seems to be the crux of the entire issue.

KoS means Kill on Site - as in, you see them and you open fire - no more, no less.

Scouting them out a little, making sure you know what's happening around you, getting to a vantage point and giving yourself a proper advantage is not KoS - it's common sense.

There is a difference between killing another player and KoS.

• Like 1

Idiot meter has broken...

Whos the idiot... if i just killed you ..took the gear and ammo that you spend hours getting and your now running along the beach with zero gear again and need to spend hours getting it all again :)) that makes you the idiot.

You see if i die after taking all your gear then im fine with that as it took no effort on my part to gain that gear and will soon have someone elses as soon as i find a gun or hatchet again.

I can see why some if you are posting here

Clearly your ego is so big for the server you play on that you had to spread it here

If you have to tell everyone on a forum about your awesomeness, then you actually really have none

If your any good, you wouldn't need to tell everyone

• Like 2

I'm not sure you know what KoS means - this seems to be the crux of the entire issue.

KoS means Kill on Site - as in, you see them and you open fire - no more, no less.

Scouting them out a little, making sure you know what's happening around you, getting to a vantage point and giving yourself a proper advantage is not KoS - it's common sense.

There is a difference between killing another player and KoS.

Don't play dumb. KoS is the action of brought on by KoS mentality. Like i said as soon as i see someone there a dead man walking and although i didn't shoot someone instantly ( and only because im too far away ) doesnt mean its not KoS. They are dead as soon as i get close enough to actually kill them. Use your brain.

I can see why some if you are posting here

Clearly your ego is so big for the server you play on that you had to spread it here

If you have to tell everyone on a forum about your awesomeness, then you actually really have none

If your any good, you wouldn't need to tell everyone

When people moan and whine about KoS mentality and want punishments or even ways to delay or stop it for people who KoS ..your damn right ill come on forums and put down my argument just as they put there's down ...thats partly what forums are for....did you not know that ? haha

Everyone is entitled to do it.

Edited by Massicor

If you don't have ammo to waste, you can't waste it - I'm pretty sure that's straight forward enough.

Not much you can do when you have an M4 with 4 rounds total.

I don't know who 'us' are anyway (I'm assuming all the l33t KoS heroes), even if ammo doesn't stop you I'm pretty sure that beating you with the blunt end of the hatchet would do well enough when you realise you've wasted your limited ammo taking shots at someone from sniper hill across the other side of Elektro.

possums yet another KOS thread its so boring now but ill respond ammo means nothing !

one shot from lee enfield still good enough to kill you or others. all it means youll have to be more accurate.

it wont stop KOS either ill kill or try to kill everyone i see ingame its just how i play the game. its a mentailty human issue not a game issue and what some of you wont ever get . this is why the same old KOS arguements just keep on popping up ! you cant stop KOS so dont try ! dont try to lessen it cause guess what the more you try and lessen it guess what becomes even more cool then ? KOS EVEN MORE !

some people like me will always just hoover everyone up they see ! its just how we are whether we use a gun , axe can of beans it wont change regardless. stop wasting time and get on to other more pressing issues .

• Like 1

Fun is the main aspect of a videogame.

You have fun killing other players, your choice.

You have fun killing disarmed players, your choice again, but brag on the forum because you kos is quite pathetic if you ask me   :P

See you on the field...i'll be the guy chased by a horde of zombies  :lol:

• Like 5

agree OP

pussy carebears crying everywhere MAKE ME SICK!!! > :(

no bandit no buzz in dayz :thumbsup:

no fear :o

no point :|

we make game for them and they show no thanks for this???? <_<

fuck them :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

No there has just been a huge influx of players like you since the game has became much easier and there are guns and ammo everywhere.

Its not so much that your type are the reason for the problem, your just a product of the way the game plays now.

possums yet another KOS thread its so boring now but ill respond ammo means nothing !

one shot from lee enfield still good enough to kill you or others. all it means youll have to be more accurate.

it wont stop KOS either ill kill or try to kill everyone i see ingame its just how i play the game. its a mentailty human issue not a game issue and what some of you wont ever get . this is why the same old KOS arguements just keep on popping up ! you cant stop KOS so dont try ! dont try to lessen it cause guess what the more you try and lessen it guess what becomes even more cool then ? KOS EVEN MORE !

some people like me will always just hoover everyone up they see ! its just how we are whether we use a gun , axe can of beans it wont change regardless. stop wasting time and get on to other more pressing issues .

Ammo is huge. Before it was like this people would think about trying to KoS even if they had a sniper or AR with a sight because if the f up and die it would take them who knows how long to get there fav weapons back.

Now its just shot on sight no matter what because why not. You die you spawn and find a M4A1 CCO in 10 minutes. No big deal.

Im not saying PvP should not be a part of the game but the way DayZ runs now its out of hand.

When someone shoot on sight then f up and the shoot you or get hit by some zombies then next thing you know your begging people for a blood bag on side chat that will likely never come. Things like this make you think twice before shooting on sight.

Edited by electricfuneral

Don't play dumb. KoS is the action of brought on by KoS mentality. Like i said as soon as i see someone there a dead man walking and although i didn't shoot someone instantly ( and only because im too far away ) doesnt mean its not KoS. They are dead as soon as i get close enough to actually kill them. Use your brain.

Are you genuinely trying to argue with the very definition of an acronym?

If you see him and are instead moving to get closer, getting yourself into a better position where you can take a shot and scouting the area a bit that is literally the OPPOSITE of KoS.

It doesn't matter if you see someone and think to yourself 'Oh, I'm going to kill him when I can get to him', that's not KoS, that is you saying you're going to kill someone and specifically NOT shooting him on sight - I don't really see what's unclear about this, it's pretty cut and dry.

Apparently i'm the only one who walk around for at least half an hour to find weapons   ^_^

What game mode do you play usually? i play the vanilla DayZ, and downloaded Epoch yesterday, but i still have to try it.

I prefer to cooperate with other players, but having threats like bandits keep the game more immersive.

And i'd be the guy trying to help with a blood bag.......infact i die a lot.......but i'm a gamer, i've got infinite lives    :lol:

Ammo is huge. Before it was like this people would think about trying to KoS even if they had a sniper or AR with a sight because if the f up and die it would take them who knows how long to get there fav weapons back.

Now its just shot on sight no matter what because why not. You die you spawn and find a M4A1 CCO in 10 minutes. No big deal.

Im not saying PvP should not be a part of the game but the way DayZ runs now its out of hand.

When someone shoot on sight then f up and the shoot you or get hit by some zombies then next thing you know your begging people for a blood bag on side chat that will likely never come. Things like this make you think twice before shooting on sight.

• Like 1

Well i have played Overwatch and it is a definite PvP KoS fest.  There are way too many high end weapons with barracks and fire stations everywhere. I think you even spawn with a mid range gun.

If this is the mod you play then KoS is the name of the game.

Apparently i'm the only one who walk around for at least half an hour to find weapons   ^_^

What game mode do you play usually? i play the vanilla DayZ, and downloaded Epoch yesterday, but i still have to try it.

I prefer to cooperate with other players, but having threats like bandits keep the game more immersive.

And i'd be the guy trying to help with a blood bag.......infact i die a lot.......but i'm a gamer, i've got infinite lives    :lol:

I play Vanilla. I am forced to play Epoch when the Vanilla servers are empty. Either way whenyou spawn in go to the nearest firestation and you will likely leave with an AR with a CCO or even a M24.

Even finding a good gun in a half hour is pretty quick in comparison to what it was.

Are you genuinely trying to argue with the very definition of an acronym?

If you see him and are instead moving to get closer, getting yourself into a better position where you can take a shot and scouting the area a bit that is literally the OPPOSITE of KoS.

It doesn't matter if you see someone and think to yourself 'Oh, I'm going to kill him when I can get to him', that's not KoS, that is you saying you're going to kill someone and specifically NOT shooting him on sight - I don't really see what's unclear about this, it's pretty cut and dry.

You silly person ....you silly silly person .. use your god damn brain. You really wanna be so anal about the time in between actually shooting someone after you see them in regards to that being kos or not . Ok ill take it to the next step and use your stupid logic then and be even more anal about it.

Currently no one is kos'ing apparently because you don't INSTANTLY shoot them. You first see your target and line your shot or if hip firing then making sure your barrel is facing them ...you then aim for a body part if you want or just at any body part and shoot. That isnt kos because im not instantly shooting someone like an aimbot.

Yes thats what i thought...stupid logic.

Like i said kos mentality defines the action of kos. the action doesnt define the mentality.

Edited by Massicor

even in vanilla you should have a gun within ten minutes.

spawn in sprint to nearest barn or brick house. job done often rifle , winchester , lee enfield , shotgun , pistol , crossbow , or axe. 

infact maybe we should nerf barns !!!! they are KOS causes !!!!!!!! NERF THE BARNS !!!!!! NERF THE BARNS !!!! :lol:

• Like 2

You silly person ....you silly silly person .. use your god damn brain. You really wanna be so anal about the time in between actually shooting someone after you see them in regards to that being kos or not . Ok ill take it to the next step and use your stupid logic then and be even more anal about it.

Currently no one is kos'ing apparently because you don't INSTANTLY shoot them. You first see your target and line your shot or if hip firing then making sure your barrel is facing them ...you then aim for a body part if you want or just at any body part and shoot. That isnt kos because im not instantly shooting someone like an aimbot.

Yes thats what i thought...stupid logic.

Like i said kos mentality defines the action of kos. the action doesnt define the mentality.

You're just being a pedant - I'm not being anal about anything, it's like watching someone argue that purple and orange are the same colour because they both contain red.

There is a clear difference between:

• Spotting someone and shooting them
  • Spotting someone and following them, getting into a better position to shoot from and then killing them

Using your logic EVERY kill in DayZ is KoS - 'Oh, I saw that guy 40 minutes ago running towards Elektro and I knew.. I just knew I was going to kill him!'

If you're not killing them on sight, then it's not KoS - it's literally the definition of the acronym - it's Kill On Site, not Kill After Moving Closer TGet A Better Vantage Point And Scouting The Area Because I Can't Hit Them From Here

There is no argument here although you are trying your best to make one out of nothing - if you are unable to comprehend the obvious difference between the two options then that's your own problem.

You're just being a pedant - I'm not being anal about anything, it's like watching someone argue that purple and orange are the same colour because they both contain red.

There is a clear difference between:

• Spotting someone and shooting them
  • Spotting someone and following them, getting into a better position to shoot from and then killing them

Using your logic EVERY kill in DayZ is KoS - 'Oh, I saw that guy 40 minutes ago running towards Elektro and I knew.. I just knew I was going to kill him!'

If you're not killing them on sight, then it's not KoS - it's literally the definition of the acronym - it's Kill On Site, not Kill After Moving Closer TGet A Better Vantage Point And Scouting The Area Because I Can't Hit Them From Here

There is no argument here although you are trying your best to make one out of nothing - if you are unable to comprehend the obvious difference between the two options then that's your own problem.

My logic is correct and although your being anal again to help prove yourself right when you simply are not... ill roll with it. If i saw him 40 mins ago ...i already decided i was gonna kill him ( kos mentality). If it took 40 mins to find and kill him ..its still KoS. Cant argue against that buddie no matter how hard you try. Its Kill On Site...not - Kill Instantly On Site Like I Have A Aimbot To Do It For Me"

KoS Mentality defines KoS Action.

Edited by Massicor

When people moan and whine about KoS mentality and want punishments or even ways to delay or stop it for people who KoS ..your damn right ill come on forums and put down my argument just as they put there's down ...thats partly what forums are for....did you not know that ? haha Everyone is entitled to do it.

Not once did I mention you can't express your opinions

I clearly stated that some people come here not to express their opinion but instead feed their ego by telling people how great they are at the game

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1

Not once did I mention you can't express your opinions

I clearly stated that some people come here not to express their opinion but instead feed their ego by telling people how great they are at the game

There entitled to express there opinion on how great they are :) doesnt make it fact but non the less there entitled to do it on here :D

Edited by Massicor

My logic is correct and although your being anal again to help prove yourself right when you simply are not... ill roll with it. If i saw him 40 mins ago ...i already decided i was gonna kill him ( kos mentality). If it took 40 mins to find and kill him ..its still KoS. Cant argue against that buddie no matter how hard you try. Its Kill On Site...not - Kill Instantly On Site Like I Have A Aimbot To Do It For Me"

You are genuinely trying to argue that Kill on Site does not mean Kill on Site.

Oh boy.

What part of the '.. on Site' confuses you.

That's like trying to argue that 'Cash on Delivery' does not in fact mean that you pay using cash.. on delivery.

You are genuinely trying to argue that Kill on Site does not mean Kill on Site.

Oh boy.

What part of the '.. on Site' confuses you.

That's like trying to argue that 'Cash on Delivery' does not in fact mean that you pay using cash.. on delivery.

reading the last two pages:

robbery instead of killing: i've tried and it doesn't work. people tend to shoot back or move and like 1% put weapon down.. you risk to be wounded for nothing. so it's better firing..obviously you can try, but as i said before, i think people kos because they are scared of contact so you feel a lot more comfortable shooting first, and i understand this completely.

it's just the amount of players than changes the feeling of the game from friendly candy candy to kos hell.

armed friendly behavior:

the best thing you can do is yelling ''friendly'' with a weapon at their head. and this when you, for example, meet a guy at berezino while you search for hospital loot. you came down from your mountain, and as always you don't want to kill anyone. this doesn't mean you must go in screaming , and die ,nor go in spraying bullets..just talk and see what he says..when they don't respond i usually shoot or go away..if the guy is a mindless killer when i talk he's usually already repositioning/getting out for the chase..3rd person helps a lot here..

definition of KOS: i tend to consider that the behaviour of a guy who's geared and walks around just to kill people, or who finds a weapon and goes to the nearest town to cause some trouble while gearing up, a guy who comes from the north to kill people on the coast.  this behaviour is more clear on the coast precisely, since if you get shot while coming out from the barracks or stary camp you shouldn't be surprised or whine for anything.

examples of kosing from my experience:

a guy in alice and ak running in elektro killing people, and another with an enfield, same gamestyle.

a guy in mogilevka shooting in a barn and when we stalled, unable to speak a single word while aiming for about 15'

a guy i entered a building to save him, who shot me while i was giving him cover from the infected(i died shot by me and then i died from zombies)

snipers at the firing range watching cherno elektro: i've never seen the squad they are providing cover for(behaviour i'd accept as genuine gameplay)

examples of banditry:

robbering bambies/troll

talk before shoot

camp the house,vehicle, crash site before shoot

stalk prey and establish weapons and gear, establish number of enemies

go away from town once able to survive in the north( any rifle, matches, knife and all that shit)

camping worthy sites, if someone goes to the barracks it's possible he's searching for ammo for his rare weapons and those showers could be part of his usual looting path

pvp examples:

squad fights in any location

fight for vehicles

fight to defend a position

going in town with an objective other than killing people

survivor gameplay:

find a vehicle and fix it

survive in the bushes hunting and hiding

occasional raids at various locations

occasional kills, even on sight

kos bandits

camp raiding

hero gameplay:

die multiple times healing people around

yelling friendly status

kos bandits

heal team mates  even in pvp situations

this post is too long i might have screwed it..hope i've been clear..it's just a couple of thoughts.

anyway, any role is needed to this game, we should just try to find a blance and stop being attached to our gear.

i dont' play to pick flowers in the fields..and i don't lay down when they shoot me, i shoot back and fight, sometimes you win sometimes you loose, if i loose i just go back looting. it's only a shame when i see someone who is really stupid and dumb as fuck, but i've seen a lot worse..

and again, kos(kill on sight) mentality is caused from not being able to deal with the fear of the other, most common issue between humans irl form second one of mankind

Edited by Bludy
  • Like 1

PvP is not KOS.

The game was much better before all the KoS shit and will be better in the standalone when the tards don't have lots of ammo to waste.

That is all.

But there is a downside to this, This may force the KoS'ers to get better at the game, So they do not waste as they do in DayZ since ammo is Abundant. Most people adapt and change faced under impending circumstances so they will either become friendly, or get better.  

But there is a downside to this, This may force the KoS'ers to get better at the game, So they do not waste as they do in DayZ since ammo is Abundant. Most people adapt and change faced under impending circumstances so they will either become friendly, or get better.  

get better at what ? KOS?