TheMachine

You NEED bandits like me

...And (although im friendly most of the time) when I do want a battle id rather have one against a well geared group up north, and acctualy take some fire. as apposed to wasting ammo on the coast sniping bambis and stroking my ego about it :P

Bingo

Edited by iegle

Bandits are part of the game.  IF everyone was a hero what would be the point of having a dmr?  Despite people thinking everyone in the game koses (which I know isn't true because I encounter plenty of friendly's) we do need a few KOS bandits.  The people sniping in elek and cherno can stop though...  Killing for the sake of killing and not looting is bad and should be reduced. 

Also I love when people say "it was better before we had kos" ....KOS was here from the start.  I played dayz pretty early on and I remember it was always around. Its a little more prominent now but it was always a danger. 

So yes...we need @ssholes like you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBsdWW7MOew

Its funny that you think ammo will stop us :))

If you don't have ammo to waste, you can't waste it - I'm pretty sure that's straight forward enough.

Not much you can do when you have an M4 with 4 rounds total.

I don't know who 'us' are anyway (I'm assuming all the l33t KoS heroes), even if ammo doesn't stop you I'm pretty sure that beating you with the blunt end of the hatchet would do well enough when you realise you've wasted your limited ammo taking shots at someone from sniper hill across the other side of Elektro.

• Like 1

If you don't have ammo to waste, you can't waste it - I'm pretty sure that's straight forward enough.

Not much you can do when you have an M4 with 4 rounds total.

I don't know who 'us' are anyway (I'm assuming all the l33t KoS heroes), even if ammo doesn't stop you I'm pretty sure that beating you with the blunt end of the hatchet would do well enough when you realise you've wasted your limited ammo taking shots at someone from sniper hill across the other side of Elektro.

Ill find ammo ...and if i cant find ammo ill use a hatchet or something ...chances are if I cant find ammo then others wont ..so they are without ammo the same as me and will allow me to still kos with my hatchet = not stopping us and by "us" i obviously meant those who want to kos regardless of how the game is.

Also tell me ....if you think ammo will be so ultra rare as to only have 4 rounds total ..then why do you think i wouldn't shoot someone and hope they have ammo? when is 4 rounds gonna help you vs zeds ? shooting that gun is gonna alert more zeds so you wouldn't even get yourself into the situation of using your gun as those bullets would have been totally and utterly wasted on shooting 4 zeds with a swarm behind them lol....you would use your melee weapon to kill zeds not bullets if they where that rare.

So it seems the only use for ammo is to kill other players with....and thats exactly what ill be doing...shooting them regardless of how much ammo i have or how rare it is ..and hey if they have some ammo on them then thats a plus.....ill use that ammo and find the gun for that ammo and then kos the next person i see. Can not wait.

Edited by Massicor

Well, before EVERYONE did it - there have always been the terribad players that like to shoot all the poor defenceless newbies on the beach :(

There was definitely a time where you could approach someone and not assume that there was a 90%+ chance that they were going to try and shoot you in the face... you'd maybe get a 50/50 chance of living if they had a weapon  :D

Nostalgia brings rose tinted glasses. It's always been an issue, there's just more people than there was at the start so it feels like it's amplified. I was Kos for the first few weeks playing, and not just during the bean warz of cherno as more people I ran into were prepared to shoot first and ask questions later. Go search the forum back to April last year - there were lots of KoS threads back then too. 

Edited by Box

low ammo only increase value of other player loot :D

is another fantasy low ammo stop killing :huh:

bandit have 5 bullet only??? see another player??? he kill for sure, make gamble maybe guy has more ammo or better gun :thumbsup:  ;)

low ammo only increase value of other player loot :D

is another fantasy low ammo stop killing :huh:

bandit have 5 bullet only??? see another player??? he kill for sure, make gamble maybe guy has more ammo or better gun :thumbsup:  ;)

90% of players need way  more bullets to kill a guy..

• Like 1

I don't exclusively snipe elektro. 

Generally I play Overwatch, so it's easy to find a vehicle and drive around looking for some juicy targets. 

The carebear utopia that some expect the SA to be will not be a reality. We will not hold hands to battle the hordes of zombies, enemies that are a mere afterthought of the game. 
The more of a challenge it is to slay someone or get loot, the more satisfying it'll be when you do it. 

And "Go play arma"? What? 

Arma is boring, you spawn with a weapon then deathmatch, death means nothing, kills mean nothing. 
On DayZ you can be alive for a week, take down 30 victims and bathe in their blood and tears. 

good point, so maybe low ammo increase chance for survive attack ;)

but it increase attack :P

for me is make no difference :)

• Like 1

Ill forget the totally inaccurate percentage you stated as i know what you mean :) ...but that amount of bullets is still enough to break a leg or make them bleed out ...at the very least you shoot them and they need to run away and bandage ...you switch to your hatchet and finish them off. If they also have a weapon you can bet that if ammo is so rare they will only have a few rounds or non at all..so if they are bleeding out after you shot them and you chase them down with your hatchet to finish them off even if they try shoot you ...your already aware they are there so you can zigzag a little and there aim is probably shakey lol. There dead because they bleed out or when they bandage you put your hatchet in there head.

Edited by Massicor

Ill find ammo ...and if i cant find ammo ill use a hatchet or something ...chances are if I cant find ammo then others wont ..so they are without ammo the same as me and will allow me to still kos with my hatchet = not stopping us and by "us" i obviously meant those who want to kos regardless of how the game is.

Also tell me ....if you think ammo will be so ultra rare as to only have 4 rounds total ..then why do you think i wouldn't shoot someone and hope they have ammo? when is 4 rounds gonna help you vs zeds ? shooting that gun is gonna alert more zeds so you wouldn't even get yourself into the situation of using your gun as those bullets would have been totally and utterly wasted on shooting 4 zeds with a swarm behind them lol....you would use your melee weapon to kill zeds not bullets if they where that rare.

So it seems the only use for ammo is to kill other players with....and thats exactly what ill be doing...shooting them regardless of how much ammo i have or how rare it is ..and hey if they have some ammo on them then thats a plus.....ill use that ammo and find the gun for that ammo and then kos the next person i see. Can not wait.

You seem to think that just by firing your instantly going to get kills with all this ammo - Rocket has said that ammo is going to be very scarce and you're going to be finding only a handful of bullets at a time and will more often than not have to combine multiple to reach the capacity of a full magazine.

How do you justify killing clearly ungeared newspawns with your limited ammo, you are gaining literally 0 benefit from the encounter so you can't start with all the 'Oh, I'm killing them because they might have ammo' - it's pretty simple to judge players and their level of play/stage in gearing up by what they are wearing, wasting ammo is just a stupid decision in this case.

There are always going to be morons like yourself that should learn to play Arma but instead play DayZ because they are scared of the big boys that actually shoot back - I find shooting you seems to 'stop' you quite well - people like you tend not to do all that well when the players are actually capable of returning fire.

I'm aware that you won't go away - I don't want you to - killing people like you is significantly more fun than gunning people down on the beach, unfortunately with the side-chat missing in the SA I won't get entertainment from all the butthurt on chat.

But again I'll reiterate, if you have limited ammo and you are going to KoS every time you see someone you are simply doing it wrong.

It's significantly more logical to try to get closer to the player and reduce the chance that you're going to miss rather than immediately shooting them from a distance which significantly increases the chance of missing the other player, especially if they are moving - if you want to waste your ammo shooting like a moron instead of taking the better approach you can be my guest.

I guess that's the difference between a good player and a bad player - knowing when to fire and when not to fire.

• Like 2

Dear bandits could you start robbing us or make us suffer more than just instant killing, maybe shoot us in the legs and make us crawl kilometers to nearest city or make us do certain tasks so you give us morphine. And then let us go? Plz :)

You seem to think that just by firing your instantly going to get kills with all this ammo - Rocket has said that ammo is going to be very scarce and you're going to be finding only a handful of bullets at a time and will more often than not have to combine multiple to reach the capacity of a full magazine.

How do you justify killing clearly ungeared newspawns with your limited ammo, you are gaining literally 0 benefit from the encounter so you can't start with all the 'Oh, I'm killing them because they might have ammo' - it's pretty simple to judge players and their level of play/stage in gearing up by what they are wearing, wasting ammo is just a stupid decision in this case.

There are always going to be morons like yourself that should learn to play Arma but instead play DayZ because they are scared of the big boys that actually shoot back - I find shooting you seems to 'stop' you quite well - people like you tend not to do all that well when the players are actually capable of returning fire.

I'm aware that you won't go away - I don't want you to - killing people like you is significantly more fun than gunning people down on the beach, unfortunately with the side-chat missing in the SA I won't get entertainment from all the butthurt on chat.

But again I'll reiterate, if you have limited ammo and you are going to KoS every time you see someone you are simply doing it wrong.

It's significantly more logical to try to get closer to the player and reduce the chance that you're going to miss rather than immediately shooting them from a distance which significantly increases the chance of missing the other player, especially if they are moving - if you want to waste your ammo shooting like a moron instead of taking the better approach you can be my guest.

I guess that's the difference between a good player and a bad player - knowing when to fire and when not to fire.

Ah, insults, attacks, crying, screaming, moaning. 

Why is there this myth among the carebears that bandits are hunting people on the beach? 

Sure, if I see someone with a winnie I'll take them down, but the most amusing thing is killing someone who's taken the time to acquire good gear.

You know what the best part is? When they're unconscious and you can kneel beside them, gently tell them that everything's ok and explain that it's nothing personal. Then call them a fag and shoot them. 

Edited by TheMachine

Dear bandits could you start robbing us or make us suffer more than just instant killing, maybe shoot us in the legs and make us crawl kilometers to nearest city or make us do certain tasks so you give us morphine. And then let us go? Plz :)

no problem B)

please stop shoot back we stop kill :D

give us throw gun to floor option so you can make yourself no threat straight away and we going different route :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I do not have to justify anything ....I CAN AND I WILL KOS PEOPLE ....no reason behind it except i want to and a kill is a kill no matter if there new spawns or not. You seem to think i care about ammo blah blah blah but i dont lol ...I see someone there going down or i die trying its that simple.

"It's significantly more logical to try to get closer to the player and reduce the chance that you're going to miss rather than immediately shooting them from a distance which significantly increases the chance of missing the other player, especially if they are moving - if you want to waste your ammo shooting like a moron instead of taking the better approach you can be my guest."

This i agree on ...and I wouldn't necessarily shoot people from distances where i could possibly miss and i usually wont do that...ill get closer then shoot them ...but don't think for a second that because i didn't shoot them from the very second i saw them from that distance that its not KoS....he was a dead man walking as soon as i saw him. Thats what kos really is .....not the action but the mentality.

Edited by Massicor

Us bandits can't help that we enjoy the chase, the kill, the loot. The intense sexual arousal from the thrill of it...  

Us bandits can't help that we enjoy the chase, the kill, the loot. The intense sexual arousal from the thrill of it...  

maybe for you is sexual :huh:

me too I enjoy thrill of hunt but is more adrenalin than sex feel ;)

• Like 2

maybe for you is sexual :huh:

me too I enjoy thrill of hunt but is more adrenalin than sex feel ;)

Didn't you see my pic in my avatar?  That's literally how I'm 'dressed' while I play DayZ.

Edited by TheMachine
  • Like 2

I do not have to justify anything ....I CAN AND I WILL KOS PEOPLE ....no reason behind it except i want to and a kill is a kill no matter if there new spawns or not. You seem to think i care about ammo blah blah blah but i dont lol ...I see someone there going down or i die trying its that simple.

Have fun with that then, if I run into you I'll make sure to send you on a few trips to the beach after crawling around a little without your legs.

Baddies gonna be bad.

If you seem to believe that any kill is as good as another there is no helping you, I'm not sure if you're trolling or just unbelievable stupid - the best part of PvP is the thrill and rush of wasting someone that isn't aware you are even there, knowing that you hold their life in your hands and choosing when to end it - not running around on the beach like all the other terribad players that think they are good.

Enjoy.

• Like 2

Ah, insults, attacks, crying, screaming, moaning. 

Why is there this myth among the carebears that bandits are hunting people on the beach? 

Sure, if I see someone with a winnie I'll take them down, but the most amusing thing is killing someone who's taken the time to acquire good gear.

You know what the best part is? When they're unconscious and you can kneel beside them, gently tell them that everything's ok and explain that it's nothing personal. Then call them a fag and shoot them. 

Obvious troll is obvious - not even going to waste my time.

If you seem to think that 'bandits' don't kill people on the beach then I'm not sure you've ever played DayZ for a prolonged period of time - it's not exactly a rare occurrence.

Have fun with that then, if I run into you I'll make sure to send you on a few trips to the beach after crawling around a little without your legs.

Baddies gonna be bad.

If you seem to believe that any kill is as good as another there is no helping you, I'm not sure if you're trolling or just unbelievable stupid - the best part of PvP is the thrill and rush of wasting someone that isn't aware you are even there, knowing that you hold their life in your hands and choosing when to end it - not running around on the beach like all the other terribad players that think they are good.

Enjoy.

again I agree rossum :beans:

quality of kill count for more

kill no gun guy??? is bullshit >:(

kill guy with axe use you a gun??? is ok if he make attack on you but don't tell nobody, nothing for feel proud :blush:

kill guy with pistol using you a rifle, same like above

kill guy with rifle use rifle fair fight??? nice one good job have cookie ;)

kill guy with rifle use only pistol??? badass B)

kill guy with hatchet he have rifle you are now official killer of men and true bandit brother I shake hand of you :ph34r:

is relative, quality is more than quantity in life, in everything and definitely in kills ;)

• Like 1

Maybe news to you but the majority do.

The bad men will die because groups of men with higher ideals will destroy them.

Bad people are the minority and always will be while men willing to protect each other, their families and friends exist.

Your dreaming.

Again.

*Cough*

I think you're implying this as if it was instantaneous. 

Adolf Hitler was a bad man...

• Like 1

Baddies gonna be bad.

Enjoy.

And you have just kos'ed someone even against all the arguments you put up about gear and ammo...welcome to the crew my friend that didn't take long and the SA hasn't even been released yet.

Although ill be the one sending you a few trips to the beach...but i fully embrace the challenege and look forward to laughing at you as i drag you along the ground and shout abuse in your ear.

I CAN AND I WILL KOS PEOPLE 

Idiot meter has broken...

• Like 2