SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Okay, let's put an end to all this.

Months ago i played DayZ and decided to create an internet hype around that game, just by creating fake persons, dev blogs, interviews etc. There is no Dean Hall or DayZ Standalone. You have all been fooled by my supreme intellect.

Hardest part was to make WarZ so incredible bad, so all the communities hope and time was spent on Standalone rumors.

April fools.

Good try, but we all know this is literally impossible. There's no possible way WarZ could have been created by a competent individual.

• Like 7

-whoops-

How the fuck do you delete posts?

You don't, you think over your post thoroughly before actually posting it.

So if i did this i would be believed instantly? No it all depends on my credibility and where does that come from?

mpj2zU3.jpg

Edited by Zanders

So if i did this i would be believed instantly? No it all depends on my credibility and where does that come from?

Ok, I'll bite. What's your point?

Ok, I'll bite. What's your point?

Point being people believe to much crap on the internet :)

OK, noted you think it's fake and no one here can prove to you that it's real. We've all heard your opinion. Most of us are choosing to believe it's authentic because they are live servers and we recognize many of the user names as mods and devs we've grown to know and love. Plus, we know they're doing a large multi player test soon, this was confirmed by rocket. 

I ask kindly, can we move on to something else now?

I ask kindly, can we move on to something else now?

Let's talk about lettuce again. I enjoyed that.

• Like 5

mpj2zU3.jpg

Of course you need to give a link where the picture came  though everyone following this thread knows the source.

So you don't believe it, eh?

Then please read the official 'Max Planck's guide to utter frustration', posted here for your convenience:

Step 1: Befriend some forum moderators on Steam (also good for stalking).

Step 2: Watch the popups you get as they constantly log in and out of a game called 'DayZ', which you can't seem to find in the steam browser (except for 4L4N who only plays 'Euro Truck Simulator 2', for some reason).

Step 3: Cry softly in bed while sobbing "when, when?" over and over.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 6

Lettuce change subject!

You all are beeting me to the vegetable references. 

Battleye is a pretty aggressive anti-cheat, but VAC has never stopped anyone. Rocket said they were switching to VAC :(

Having been on Steam since 2004 I can say that VAC stops a lot of people. I used to hear that same sentiment from a lot of people while gaming but then I started paying attention to how many people were showing bans on record. You can see it at the top of someone's account. It also tells you how many bans on record they have and what engine the ban occurred in. When someone is VAC banned, they are banned from every game that uses that same engine. Get caught hacking in Counter-Strike Source and you can't play Team Fortress 2. Today, a lot of people think that VAC doesn't work because of the built in delay. This allows them to ban people for offenses while adding the possibility that the cheater won't know what exactly they were doing wrong so they it will be harder to adapt their cheats. The problem there is that while the delay is going on there's a ton of actual cheating that can go on. There are also things that cannot be fixed. Anything that hijacks incoming data to create an overlay or provide other usable information is extremely hard to stamp out. Other games that allow a client to tell the server what is happening is also easily hacked. Its funny watching videos on YouTube of someone claiming to have gotten around VAC who then has a ban on record a few weeks later.

In regards to different sounds being implemented in the Standalone; Rocket has said this.

Rocket: "All sounds and even parts of the sound engine are being replaced. This won't occur until our new audio designer we are hiring starts work."

(Source here: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1pj308/sa_an_urgent_appeal_changing_the_footstep_sounds/)

• Like 1

In regards to different sounds being implemented in the Standalone; Rocket has said this.

Rocket: "All sounds and even parts of the sound engine are being replaced. This won't occur until our new audio designer we are hiring starts work."

(Source here: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1pj308/sa_an_urgent_appeal_changing_the_footstep_sounds/)

Let's hope that this time 5.1/7.1 system works better. In Arma 3 it's pretty fucked up now.

• Like 1

Let's hope that this time 5.1/7.1 system works better. In Arma 3 it's pretty fucked up now.

I totally agree. I had problems where I can't hear at certain angles (Such as behind me) and I have my PC hooked up to a 5.1 SRS

Hicks: Made the mistake of going against the group during a stability test - it was not my day.

NEW IMAGE:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BX2egKMCYAAfGs8.jpg

Lee Mother F'n Enfield. Am I right in saying that's the first firearm we've seen besides the m4? EXCITEMENT!!!!!

EDIT: Apparently it's a mosin. Thanks to generelleasy for the correction. Still, is that the first firearm we've seen confirmed in SA besides the M4?

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 1

Lee Mother F'n Enfield. Am I right in saying that's the first firearm we've seen besides the m4. EXCITEMENT!!!!!

i'm quite sure this is a mosin-nagant

• Like 1

i'm quite sure this is a mosin-nagant

I'm hundred percent sure thats a mosin nagant... #Gun-nut

• Like 1

Lee Mother F'n Enfield. Am I right in saying that's the first firearm we've seen besides the m4. EXCITEMENT!!!!!

And maybe a whole lot more to come at that point ;)

I wish I could recognize the other guns the other survivors are holding in the background.

(Is that a US Patch on that person holding the Mosin Nagant?)

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

And maybe a whole lot more to come at that point ;)

I wish I could recognize the other guns the other survivors are holding in the background.

(Is that a US Patch on that person holding the Mosin Nagant?)

Pretty sure it is.