SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

35 Failures by now, glad he did not release the game afterall.

Edited by Aporis

Welp for now I think we should just wait it out. Who knows, maybe we will get a November blog update this friday! :) But thinking about it now, I don't think we should get ourselves too worked up. Remember for all we know, this could only mean that things have begun to enter the final stage  and that we are still a ways from playing the alpha just yet.

Edited by zfleming12

7 Failures by now, glad he did not release the game afterall.

Make that 27. What are the actual failures? GetLastError function return? Server crash? What counts as a failure?

How do you know that this is legit? It does not comply with http://steamdb.info/graph/221100/ at all.

What does SteamDB have to do with the server? SteamDB doesn't count server activity but only game client activity - yes?

And the server count tells me that it's a DayZ SA client. I could be wrong, though. I hope it's not just a fail troll attempt on us.

Definitely loving that new picture. Cool stuff when you consider how much harder ESP hacks will be with this setup. Whatever it takes! I have a feeling it will release after I've just spent what free money I have. 

Well, I wouldn't say it would stop ESP's from working. ESP's are, when you have a look at other games, hacks, that provide you information about players in your field of view. Since the network bubble will have a range of probably >1km ESP'S still will work.  I once thought about applying a system that was used in Counter Strike Source to DayZ, it doesn't give your client any information about other players, until you have a line of sight to them, maybe this also will be the case in DayZ SA.

You are probably referring to maphacks.

Battleye is a pretty aggressive anti-cheat, but VAC has never stopped anyone. Rocket said they were switching to VAC :(

VAC>Battleye. Battleye was quite crappy until the DayZ mod came, since late December 2012 it is somewhat decent. The best way circumventing cheating would be still a very strict third party anticheat client like Easy Anti Cheat or even 4PL Insight (which is the most effective anti cheat imo), but that is impossible to do with such a massive multiplayer game.

• Like 1

What does SteamDB have to do with the server? SteamDB doesn't count server activity but only game client activity - yes?

And the server count tells me that it's a DayZ SA client. I could be wrong, though. I hope it's not just a fail troll attempt on us.

The client activity was 20 at ~12:00, the link you send had an avarage of under 1 player. Weird...

Edited by Wayze

What if I told you there was another server?

You mean a server within a server? Woah! *mindblown*

So theres a new server called dayz steam server. Its happening?

• Like 2

So theres a new server called dayz steam server. Its happening?

#habenning (hoping)

I just bought a family size kebab pizza and my stomach hurts already from eating half of it. Is this proof of the occurance of certain events leading to the release of DayZ SA? Well, yes!

Ancient assaonauts created DayZ standalone. Is such a thing even possible - well, yes!

9uru.png

Edited by HumanBeing25
  • Like 2

The release is getting closer every second they are testing it out fixing those bugs that cause the game to crash. So i am confident to say it could be tomorrow or 5th of november unless something horrible happens.

The release is getting closer every second they are testing it out fixing those bugs that cause the game to crash. So i am confident to say it could be tomorrow or 5th of november unless something horrible happens.

Let's just hope Rocket doesn't get anymore ideas about climbing a mountain or something crazy like that

• Like 2

Let's just hope Rocket doesn't get anymore ideas about climbing a mountain or something crazy like that

Maybe a trip to the moon?

The Steam Halloween sale has arrived, and I have had 30 dollars on my account for the past three months in anticipation for buying DayZ. Must... resist...

same... Must... resist!

Guys....Guys?...*turns to look at everyone not going insane* We lost them...

(Trying to not get caught up in the hype train >.<)

Edit: And then the dev server updates to Rocket testing a sample mission.

DAMMIT ROCKET STOP MAKING ME EXCITED >_<

Edited by zfleming12