SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Nether is 10% off on Steam... I think ill satisfy my needs with this game and hopefully ill check back in a couple days and Dayz is out...

HAH - HAHA - No. Don't buy into that crap. It runs horribly and it uses the exact same gold system from WarZ which makes the game pay 2 win. Want a gun? Just buy one with your credit card! lol

HAH - HAHA - No. Don't buy into that crap. It runs horribly and it uses the exact same gold system from WarZ which makes the game pay 2 win. Want a gun? Just buy one with your credit card! lol

Please provide proof that you can buy guns or ammo or food with real money. 

Please provide proof that you can buy guns or ammo or food with real money. 

• Like 1

That's some sweet frame drops... And they charge you 25-41 euros for that with in-game transactions like War Z? *Sigh*

Edited by voddler

Anether arcade style apocalyptic survival game  :emptycan:

Edited by PXXL
  • Like 1

ROCKET IS IN THE DAYZ SA SERVER. I REPEAT, ROCKET IS IN THERE!

ROCKET IS PLAYING THE ZOMBIETEST MAP. ZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMG IDS HABBENING.. possibly.

Edited by HumanBeing25

It's from pre-release version.

Adorable. He thinks the release will see significant improvement, not be a waste of money and money sink.

It's just a repackaged WarZ.

Edited by -lOldBoyl-
  • Like 5

Adorable. He thinks the release will see significant improvement, not be a waste of money and money sink.

It's just a repackaged WarZ.

jfc the frames are scaring me to death.

Also back to DayZ SA, seems pretty awesome with the 20 players on! Let's hope that's another step closer :3

CyCkKvI.png

DayZ confirmed for 2016 release date.

if you look closely, there's a hidden Illuminati symbolism somewhere in this picture.

zzn5.png

• Like 2

CyCkKvI.png

DayZ confirmed for 2016 release date.

Not so fast. 2035 confirmed!

0hqY2vz.jpg

• Like 3

Not so fast. 2035 confirmed!

0hqY2vz.jpg

Clearly only a temporary release date, will likely be pushed further. (What a surprise)

• Like 4

That's one thing I always thought was lacking in DayZ. Sure, I've seen the screenshots of their attempts to make certain buildings look more "apocalyptic", the International Hotel plane crash stands out in my mind. However, once you get out of the cities (as far as I can tell from the footage we've seen of Vybor and the most recent shots of Polana) there's nothing there to make me feel like "the shit has hit the fan". Plopping down cookie-cutter rusty car wrecks isn't doing it for me, neither are amorphous blobs of trash that I've seen a million times. I think, eventually, they need to revamp the overall look of DayZ SA.

Sure, I'm talking about far down the road and don't expect everyone to agree with me. But DayZ's landscape always felt more like a "Twilight Zone" (The episode where everyone just vanishes) landscape than an apocalyptic landscape. I think there should be variants of certain buildings which are more/less destroyed than their pristine origins. What I mean by that is not to have typical "piles of rubble where buildings used to be" or burnt out stick frames of houses. I mean actually having buildings which can be modular and configured by the developers to have different layouts and different levels of fixed destruction (I want to be clear, I'm not asking for dynamic destruction).

That environment in Nether looks really great! I'm sure the rest of the game isn't good, but that environment looked wonderful. Now, I don't want DayZ to have the overdone apocalypse look where everything is totally grey and decayed. But I at least want it to approach that and feel like something actually went down before we (as players) got there. Some things were fought over, some barricades were overrun, some evacuations had to be cut short, some wildfires took place, airdrops missed their targets, towns fought one another. I think a lot of this has to do with expanding the "lore" of DayZ, which wouldn't be too hard to do. Hell, they could even do it through the books they've included in SA.

Granted, I'd take an improved level of forest foliage over this any day of the week. But it's just a feeling that I get sometimes where it's just so blatantly derivative of ARMA that I almost think they should've canned the engine and started COMPLETELY from scratch. I don't fault them for doing so, and it's completely fine in my mind. I would just like to see, once the alpha is released, a bit of work devoted to making Chernarus feel more "apocalyptic". Weather and night-time are big ones for me, personally I think (not from a bug fixing perspective) that these two should be top priority after release. It can be done with audio as well as visuals. I don't know when, but a few patches back there was a "hoot-owl" sound at night that was awesome. I don't hear it anymore...

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 3

That's one thing I always thought was lacking in DayZ. Sure, I've seen the screenshots of their attempts to make certain buildings look more "apocalyptic", the International Hotel plane crash stands out in my mind. However, once you get out of the cities (as far as I can tell from the footage we've seen of Vybor and the most recent shots of Polana) there's nothing there to make me feel like "the shit has hit the fan". Plopping down cookie-cutter rusty car wrecks isn't doing it for me, neither are amorphous blobs of trash that I've seen a million times. I think, eventually, they need to revamp the overall look of DayZ SA.

Sure, I'm talking about far down the road and don't expect everyone to agree with me. But DayZ's landscape always felt more like a "Twilight Zone" (The episode where everyone just vanishes) landscape than an apocalyptic landscape. I think there should be variants of certain buildings which are more/less destroyed than their pristine origins. What I mean by that is not to have typical "piles of rubble where buildings used to be" or burnt out stick frames of houses. I mean actually having buildings which can be modular and configured by the developers to have different layouts and different levels of fixed destruction (I want to be clear, I'm not asking for dynamic destruction).

That environment in Nether looks really great! I'm sure the rest of the game isn't good, but that environment looked wonderful. Now, I don't want DayZ to have the overdone apocalypse look where everything is totally grey and decayed. But I at least want it to approach that and feel like something actually went down before we (as players) got there. Some things were fought over, some barricades were overrun, some evacuations had to be cut short, some wildfires took place, airdrops missed their targets, towns fought one another. I think a lot of this has to do with expanding the "lore" of DayZ, which wouldn't be too hard to do. Hell, they could even do it through the books they've included in SA.

Granted, I'd take an improved level of forest foliage over this any day of the week. But it's just a feeling that I get sometimes where it's just so blatantly derivative of ARMA that I almost think they should've canned the engine and started COMPLETELY from scratch. I don't fault them for doing so, and it's completely fine in my mind. I would just like to see, once the alpha is released, a bit of work devoted to making Chernarus feel more "apocalyptic". It can be done with audio as well as visuals. I don't know when, but a few patches back there was a "hoot-owl" sound at night that was awesome. I don't hear it anymore...

I find the twilight zone feeling of the A2 mod really creepy and a breath of fresh air from the traditional decayed/overgrown environment. We don't know how much time has passed sinse the catastrophic event, maybe just weeks.  

• Like 4

I find the twilight zone feeling of the A2 mod really creepy and a breath of fresh air from the traditional decayed/overgrown environment. We don't know how much time has passed sinse the catastrophic event, maybe just weeks.  

Which is why I'd prefer they flesh out the "lore" a bit so we can actually make these kinds of calls. But even then, in 28 Days Later, look at all that craziness! Cities burned! Bodies were piled! There was actually evidence of an apocalypse other than some disparate piles of trash and a few rusty car husks. Which is the core issue. It's not that DayZ doesn't look wholly apocalyptic, it just isn't well done or convincing.

Damn, that might be a good game to make. Rather than "post-apocalyptic" genre, make a whole genre of "in-apocalyptic" games whereby you actually experience the zombie outbreak unfolding.

Edited by Katana67

Which is why I'd prefer they flesh out the "lore" a bit so we can actually make these kinds of calls. But even then, in 28 Days Later, look at all that craziness! Cities burned! Bodies were piled! There was actually evidence of an apocalypse other than some disparate piles of trash and a few rusty car husks. Which is the core issue. It's not that DayZ doesn't look wholly apocalyptic, it just isn't well done or convincing.

Damn, that might be a good game to make. Rather than "post-apocalyptic" genre, make a whole genre of "in-apocalyptic" games whereby you actually experience the zombie outbreak unfolding.

The Walking Dead by Tell Tale does it quite well!

ROCKET IS IN THE DAYZ SA SERVER. I REPEAT, ROCKET IS IN THERE!

ROCKET IS PLAYING THE ZOMBIETEST MAP. ZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMG IDS HABBENING.. possibly.

Where are you guys seeing the stats for the SA server?

Granted, I'd take an improved level of forest foliage over this any day of the week. But it's just a feeling that I get sometimes where it's just so blatantly derivative of ARMA that I almost think they should've canned the engine and started COMPLETELY from scratch. I don't fault them for doing so, and it's completely fine in my mind. I would just like to see, once the alpha is released, a bit of work devoted to making Chernarus feel more "apocalyptic". Weather and night-time are big ones for me, personally I think (not from a bug fixing perspective) that these two should be top priority after release. It can be done with audio as well as visuals. I don't know when, but a few patches back there was a "hoot-owl" sound at night that was awesome. I don't hear it anymore...

YES! Thank you! Someone who feels the same! I really am in full agreement and hope that as this progresses and as more development occurs we will get a since of Shit hitting the Fan kinda of vibe and feel with the atmosphere, and setting of the game.

Additionally, I get the feeling we are getting closer and closer to the end. I can't say for certain when because I don't know and for all I know I could very much be wrong. BUT, with the latest update, it really does give a sense of, hey, we're almost there!

Edited by zfleming12