SmashT

September Round-up: DevBlog, #DayZDaily, PAX, GDC China

I believe the reason there isn't going to be any further "#DayZDaily" info from Rocket is because it'll probably won't be necessary for an alpha release which could possibly happen any time soon. (Which I hope)

Im suprised to see that some of the hardcore dayz player have given up with the SA.

Too many brokewn promises and lies.

I see thier point.

Im suprised to see that some of the hardcore dayz player have given up with the SA.

I see thier point.

We call those people self entitled bitches. 

• Like 1

I see thier point.

They didn't. It is just that they want to release the game sooner and somehow they think if Dean gets aware of them, saying they won't buy the game anymore, he would do it faster.

As soon as the game is out they will buy it anyway.

They didn't. It is just that they want to release the game sooner and somehow they think if Dean gets aware of them, saying they won't buy the game anymore, he would do it faster.

As soon as the game is out they will buy it anyway.

They will buy it anyway, may be true. however Dean is a man.. no THE MAN of breaking promises.

his credibility is lost and in his future he should and probably will never get a job where he gets in contact with press/community as he is now. he is to big of a show-off and building this great game in his head but has no sense of what is possible within what timetable and he keeps talking hisself into trouble more and more.

and now that he takes another  "break" with his new tweet is the icing on the cake. how many last rounds and final phases is he going to start? lol

• Like 1

I don't get where all these broken promises and lies come from. Aside from the December release date that was missed (and fans of the game should be pleased that happened).

• Like 2

Realize the lack of #DayZDaily updates from me annoys some people. But I've taken a break from forums/reddit/life for the final lap. cu soon

Hmmmm interesting. Soon™ something :D

and now that he takes another  "break" with his new tweet is the icing on the cake. how many last rounds and final phases is he going to start? lol

He's not said the game will be in alpha soon. It's just he is finishing something up. Perhaps the Network bubble or maybe a devblog. But he never said it would be the game release.

He's not said the game will be in alpha soon. It's just he is finishing something up. Perhaps the Network bubble or maybe a devblog. But he never said it would be the game release.

and thats exactly the point. he always does that. he´s maybe feeding the fanboys, but he rubs salt into everyones others wound, at least for me.

its an empty phrase, maybe he finished an baseballcap... whatever than just say it, i´m annoyed by his attitude "we are fnishing things, we are getting close" and then he shows this new melee baseballbat.

And you`ll be like "thanks. gg. Dean keep up the good work."

seriously i disapprove Dean by now. i watched all the interviews, and sure he is a nice guy and trying hard to please everyone, but in the end all he has proven is that he is a big show-off talking guy, nothing more.

its my oppinion think whatever you want, no need to discuss any further, i understand that you want the game to be good and may be still "impressed" by the "work",

but for me since august and the not released alpha Dean deserves to fail. Why? because basically he was lying, i dont know when exactly, far before august, he said the client-serverarchitecture, networkbubble, whatever u guys call it by now, was finished. maybe he really believed that and 2 players were able to play, maybe he was lying on purpose whatever it doesnt even matter.

fact is the team is obviously not able to get a stable running server for a lot of players because of all the items, zombies etc. the server needs to spawn and communicate with the client. after one year? a whole year? they are not able to provide a more or less stable architecture for APLHA. and at this point I say "thanks. gg. Dean keep up the good work with dat programming skills"

• Like 2

and thats exactly the point. he always does that. he´s maybe feeding the fanboys, but he rubs salt into everyones others wound, at least for me.

its an empty phrase, maybe he finished an baseballcap... whatever than just say it, i´m annoyed by his attitude "we are fnishing things, we are getting close" and then he shows this new melee baseballbat.

seriously i disapprove Dean by now. i watched all the interviews, and sure he is a nice guy and trying hard to please everyone, but in the end all he has proven is that he is a big show-off talking guy, nothing more.

its my oppinion think whatever you want, no need to discuss any further, i understand that you want the game to be good and may be still "impressed" by the "work",

but for me since august and the not released alpha Dean deserves to fail. Why? because basically he was lying, i dont know when exactly, far before august, he said the client-serverarchitecture, networkbubble, whatever u guys call it by now, was finished. maybe he really believed that and 2 players were able to play, maybe he was lying on purpose whatever it doesnt even matter.

fact is the team is obviously not able to get a stable running server for a lot of players because of all the items, zombies etc. the server needs to spawn and communicate with the client. after one year? a whole year? they are not able to provide a more or less stable architecture for APLHA. and at this point I say "thanks. gg. Dean keep up the good work with dat programming skills"

I won't even bother to respond to that, because in a few days/weeks it will be totally meaningless.

• Like 1

Right there with ya, brotha from anotha motha!

So... I'm guessing its gonna be Oct 5th.

October 5th actually happens to be my birthday.

Rocket, are you reading this? Hello?!? Birthday Boy here! Gimme-gimme!

Seriously dude, your new to the forums so i find it hard to believe you have even been following the developement 100%...stop saying about lies etc as it is not true!

As we all know Dean 'Rocket' made the choice come December '12 to remake the whole engine/game from the ground up for everyones good so we would not just get the 'Mod' with afew extra features.

Instead we will be getting a modified MMO style version of the Engine with more enhancements than you can shake your troll club at!

The Radio silence from Rocket is because he is very hard at work to bring us the game we all want, he is not just doing his part but over watching others work also as it is his project to be done how he feels right.

When there is something of interest to show - Rocket will show, as he always has at some point...but for now? there is just nothing that needs to be said/shown that hasnt already at this point ( and we all want some nice surprises when we all jump in for ourselves, dont we? ) :)

They are all hard at work Dev side and Pre-Launch testing to make sure we get the best possible alpha experience available at launch...

So please be patient, stop trolling and there is no need for accusations and calling people a lyer or that they are constantly breaking promises ( dont believe Rocket ever 'Promised' anything, definatly no of late anyway )

Keep the piece!

Falcon Out!

• Like 1

"Final lap"? What would that be referring to in that context?

I won't even bother to respond to that, because in a few months/years it will be totally meaningless.

Fixed that for you.  No need to thank me.

Edited by Zero3ffect
  • Like 2

Fixed that for you.  No need to thank me.

You seem like you'd be genuinely upset if the game was released in a week or two.. :lol:

-Leon- on the other hand is an enigma; he openly hates the developers and laughs off any progress the game has made thus far, yet consistantly lurks the forums liking any post that contains even the slightest bit of dissent.. 

School's back right?  :huh:

Edited by CapricornOne
  • Like 1

You seem like you'd be genuinely upset if the game was released in a week or two.. Bit sad mate

Yes, I would be so heartbroken that I'd probably put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger.

You seem like you'd be genuinely upset if the game was released in a week or two.. :lol:

-Leon- on the other hand is an enigma; he openly hates the developers and laughs off any progress the game has made thus far, yet consistantly lurks the forums liking any post that contains even the slightest bit of dissent.. 

School's back right?  :huh:

Wasn't Leon the guy raging in every Round-up threads and devblogs?

Yes, I would be so heartbroken that I'd probably put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger.

Well, a few days and there is one problem less on this earth. ;)

Wasn't Leon the guy raging in every Round-up threads and devblogs?

weren´t you the guys defending Dean for whatever he is accused for even if true?

and only because i have a few posts on the forums doesnt mean i didnt read them or watched interviews, in all follow the developement does it?

i respond now because there are still the blindloving fanboys defending him whereever it is possible and because i´m sick of Deans talking

gamescon-impression in connection with the ZombieAI beeing at ZERO was the final straw.

see: even tho i could have understand the fact that they need time for the "networkbubble" to be decent, i can defenitly not understand why the f. AI is at zero after one year of developement. i dont demand anything to be perfect for ALPHA(srsly) but he/they fail in coreparts to get the game running and u guys are still pleased with weaponattachement and crafting. these are cool, yes, but in fact gimmicks worth nothing right now.

• Like 1

weren´t you the guys defending Dean for whatever he is accused for even if true?

and only because i have a few posts on the forums doesnt mean i didnt read them or watched interviews, in all follow the developement does it?

i respond now because there are still the blindloving fanboys defending him whereever it is possible and because i´m sick of Deans talking

gamescon-impression in connection with the ZombieAI beeing at ZERO was the final straw.

see: even tho i could have understand the fact that they need time for the "networkbubble" to be decent, i can defenitly not understand why the f. AI is at zero after one year of developement. i dont demand anything to be perfect for ALPHA(srsly) but he/they fail in coreparts to get the game running and u guys are still pleased with weaponattachement and crafting. these are cool, yes, but in fact gimmicks worth nothing right now.

Fair enough you have your opinion, all i'm saying is its abit harsh towards the devs...they haven't exactly had a massive team to get this work done and only just recruited more hands on deck to get things moving quicker.

Rocket knows whats going on, he knows he needs it done, but if the A.I was not satisfactory then it was not and that is his choice to make and it will be to make for a better experience!

They all have enough to deal with without people getting upset when Rocket says hes going to change something because it did not work out as planned, which in the end will work out better for everyone.

Though we all know you just cant please everyone aye Bongo :P

Phahahaha. Impatient after only one year? You must be hurting bad! It takes teams of people over 4 years to make an 8 hour single player game, and you're whining because it's taken them a year to make a 255KM squared map, thousands of items, weapons, sounds, environments, heavily tweak an engine, plan new features and implement them and make a server to client protocol that allows optimised performance. BUT they have the cheek to not release it to alpha yet?

My heart bleeds for you. It really does.

Uhhhh.... You claim you follow the progress, yet you say this idiotic piece? The zombie AI they were working on (which they thought would be sufficient) just doesn't work how they would like/had planned it to. They had pathing errors left and right, they had bad performances from the Zombies, they had glitchy AI any way you look at it. So they plan on scrapping their current work which puts them back at - surprise surprise - 0% whilst they propose and impliment a new line of Zombie AI. 

You really are a negative Nancy aren't you?

Edited by sabre05

Well, a few days and there is one problem less on this earth. ;)

I'll be sure to leave a link to this post in my suicide note.

• Like 1

ARMA3 has passed it's beta status and has been released a few weeks ago. They announced the development in May 2011 and released it in September 2013 .. so they worked on it for 2 years and it is still full of bugs and glitches!

The game has so many problems regarding bugs, glitches and the overall performance and they still released it! Bohemia seems to be unable to produce a single game without serious issues! And they know they are not capable of fixing a lot of the problems so they release the game even with those problems! (because what elese could they do?)

I am not making this up .. ARMA 3 has been released and it still has a lot of problems .. look it up.

Why am i mentioning ARMA 3 ? Because why should DayZ with it's small DEV-Team turn out any better than ARMA 3 ?

Bohemia lacks good programmers for the core elements of their games .. and i am not talking about artists who make those nice gun-models or buildings. Designing stuff and creating the map is not the core element of the game and showing us all those new cool gun models is not progress in development!

( But one of the ARMA developers / programmers seems to be the co-founder of Bohemia .. so of course he is doing a lot by himself and not hiring someone else who might do a better job. I just wish a company with capable programmers would have come up with the concept of DayZ, then we could actually enjoy a decent game )

Edited by -Leon-

Rocket thought first that the modified Arma AI is good enough. Now that they've seen that current AI just don't work they'll do new AI.