rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

Newly spawned character and cannot seem to crouch-run. Full run ('c') works fine.

Anyone else having this?

i may have ran into the same bug after about an hour of play. I was unable to switch between the normal walk / run modes. full run would work sometimes' date=' but I absolutely couldn't crouch-run no matter what I tried.

I alt-tabbed out of the game and confirmed my shift key was working like normal and wasn't sticking so I don't know what might have caused that.

also to add I was able to get some infected to leave a camped shed by throwing a can nearby. They were not moving until I threw the can which allowed me to sneak in and get the goods.

[hr']

Newly spawned character and cannot seem to crouch-run. Full run ('c') works fine.

Anyone else having this?

i may have ran into the same bug after about an hour of play. I was unable to switch between the normal walk / run modes. full run would work sometimes, but I absolutely couldn't crouch-run no matter what I tried.

I alt-tabbed out of the game and confirmed my shift key was working like normal and wasn't sticking so I don't know what might have caused that.

also to add I was able to get some infected to leave a camped shed by throwing a can nearby. They were not moving until I threw the can which allowed me to sneak in and get the goods.

That unable-to-crouch-run thing happens to me regularly if I use Shift+Tab to use the Steam interface, but I just need to Alt+tab and then fuck with my mouse to fix it.

So much fun, too bad I don't have a squad. Wish there was a better way to get friendlies. :)

My thoughts so far? Good build, however the main problems seem to be balance issues (which I know you have no interest in Rocket). What I mean is, I have hatchets coming out of my ears but spent several hours without seeing a tent, or a wheel, or a jerry can, or any sort of backpack. I dont think its as drastic as it was before (I did see SOME vehicle components) but the over-eagerness to ensure everyone can find an axe means that its absolutely overbearing all the other loot. Sure its nice because youll be able to find one easily, but once you have it you cant help but feel thats its prominence is preventing you from getting some other, rarer and more useful gear.

Also, flies around bodies that have dissapeared is still occurring.

Still issues with the bags, loot disspearing when you try and move it out of your back, or force other loot in etc.

I know a lot of people post stuff about bugs cause they are angry for dying but i almost died and for an unfair reason :( I started playing with the new patch and so far i hadn't noticed any bugs until i got attacked. i was prone in a barn on the second story and i had been in prone for the last 20 min so no zombies were alerted of me. then a hopper or crawler or whatever spawned below me and it was alerted of me and came up the stairs for me. this doesn't really make sense cause:

1. zombies are supposed to be spawning farther away from you now?

2. I was in prone above the zombie with the floor i was lying on in between us so how did it spot me?

Idk if this was a bug that can be fixed or just really bad luck. My guess (idk if this is true or not) is that maybe the zombie spawn radius around you doesn't apply in buildings? i'm not sure and i hope it applies in buildings cause it kinda sucks when a zombie magically appears while you are looting. As for the being alerted while i was in prone i have no idea.

I also have an idea regarding the flashlights. i think i saw some people talking about how now that the flashlight takes up a tool slot what do you do when you want to use it when your inventory is full? Your secondary cant go in a tool slot (except hatchet) so you would have to drop your gun to use the flashlight. well maybe u could have it so the flashlight takes up the secondary weapon slot but the gun doesn't drop, it just stays in the slot in the background. so the flashlight moves to the slot and the gun "disappears" but when you remove the flashlight the gun is still their. does that make sense?

OR you could multitask... why would you need to put away a pistol so you can hold a flashlight with 2 hands? we have two hands... can't we just use one hand to hold the gun and the other for the flashlight? idk maybe add reduced accuracy or something so it levels out the playing-field? if anyone has better ideas or wants to expand on mine go ahead :P

aaannnnyyywwwaaayyyyy, Rocket, you are doing a great job with the mod and keep the good work up! Everyday when i get home from work i'm greeted with a nice new hotfix and by the time i get home a lot of servers are already updated :D I cant wait to see the next updates :P

Oh good, I was worrying about my primary weapon being disintegrated by the hatchet I had in my toolbelt, which is why I stuck with 1.7.1.1!

Now I can finally update without worrying!

what was the reason for peoples inventorys being wiped clean and replaced with a makarov the other night? still no word on this.

Because of the duplicate ammo. People would be stuck with something in their inventory that they couldn't get rid of. I believe that's what I saw Rocket say earlier.

I'm getting some graphic bugs too, like some people said before (weird figures appearing around the screen, really weird, what is that?).

The patch seems amazing, can't complain about the zombies now.

ALL i want now is a easier and more effective way to get the bolts back from the dead bodies!

what was the reason for peoples inventorys being wiped clean and replaced with a makarov the other night? still no word on this.

Because of the duplicate ammo. People would be stuck with something in their inventory that they couldn't get rid of. I believe that's what I saw Rocket say earlier.

Cheers, I trust you enough not to go read the other thread.

Morphine being rare would not be so much of a problem without the apparent outbreak of osteoporosis, bones seem to break far to easily.

Vas.

My Winchester disappeared when I tried to move it to backpack. Or at least when I went back to get it out, it was gone. (1.7.1.5 with latest A2 beta)

Speculation - I think the game tried to move the slugs ammo into backpack at the same time and then there was an overflow, but I am not sure about that. I wanted to silent kill a boar and thought if I switched to hatchet I might lose my shotgun so I moved the shotgun into backpack. Last I saw of it.

Please consider having the game not move any ammo when moving weapons to/from backpack if there isn't enough room. Or if it's something else making primary weapon disappear then...... plz fix. Thank you very much DayZ team!

I agree. Leaving the ammo where it is when moving weapons back and forth would be nice.

First off I must say. Bravo. Great mod!

Now for the most part I have had a grand time with the mod.

Still have some bugs get me which I will address.

1. I was exploring a factory and had zeds phasing through wall.

2. At one point I was on the roof and lost connection to the server. When i logged back in I was in the building and bleeding. No zeds around. I have no idea what happened.

3. Still hear flies randomly, but no bodies.

4. I have an issue where i pick up a weapon and all my ammo that is not in my pack spills out. Feels kinda like I got a clumsy guy. Kinda funny imo.

5. I still have the fountain of blood issue. Glad they can't smell blood lol.

Now for suggestions.

1. If possible can you make a quiver for bolts? Could hold like 3 or 5. Would be nice.

2. Would it b possible to have bush's lower our visibility to zeds? I mean there are some big bush's and they still see you from full distance it seems when your behind it.

3. What about making the knife a melee weapon too? Only makes sense imo.

4. I know the game is hard. But what about more ways to get blood. Like say if you haven't been hurt in say 30 minutes you get some life back. 500-1000? Randomly in that range? How about fluids giving health too. Much smaller. Like 50-100. Or have it cap at say 300/hr. So it can't be abused. I love the idea of blood transfusion but I normally play solo so it's not likely an option for us solo people. Maybe let someone do it solo for say 6k? 3k? Or put in like another thing like that that only needs 1 person to do.

5. What about using wood to make splints for broken bones. Just use same animation as morphine.

6. What about turning wood into a spear? Simple crude weapon. Could even make it have only a few uses. Attach the knife to the end for higher damage /shrug.

Well that's all I can think of for now. Sorry for the rant. If you want more ideas I bet I've got a million of em just like everyone else. Or I can just shut my pie hole and enjoy the mod :-)

First off I must say. Bravo. Great mod!

Now for the most part I have had a grand time with the mod.

Still have some bugs get me which I will address.

1. I was exploring a factory and had zeds phasing through wall.

2. At one point I was on the roof and lost connection to the server. When i logged back in I was in the building and bleeding. No zeds around. I have no idea what happened.

3. Still hear flies randomly' date=' but no bodies.

4. I have an issue where i pick up a weapon and all my ammo that is not in my pack spills out. Feels kinda like I got a clumsy guy. Kinda funny imo.

5. I still have the fountain of blood issue. Glad they can't smell blood lol.

Now for suggestions.

1. If possible can you make a quiver for bolts? Could hold like 3 or 5. Would be nice.

2. Would it b possible to have bush's lower our visibility to zeds? I mean there are some big bush's and they still see you from full distance it seems when your behind it.

3. What about making the knife a melee weapon too? Only makes sense imo.

4. I know the game is hard. But what about more ways to get blood. Like say if you haven't been hurt in say 30 minutes you get some life back. 500-1000? Randomly in that range? How about fluids giving health too. Much smaller. Like 50-100. Or have it cap at say 300/hr. So it can't be abused. I love the idea of blood transfusion but I normally play solo so it's not likely an option for us solo people. Maybe let someone do it solo for say 6k? 3k? Or put in like another thing like that that only needs 1 person to do.

5. What about using wood to make splints for broken bones. Just use same animation as morphine.

6. What about turning wood into a spear? Simple crude weapon. Could even make it have only a few uses. Attach the knife to the end for higher damage /shrug.

Well that's all I can think of for now. Sorry for the rant. If you want more ideas I bet I've got a million of em just like everyone else. Or I can just shut my pie hole and enjoy the mod :-)

[/quote']

This guy...this guy knows what he's doing

Soulphayze I suggest you post your ideas section in the ideas forum. Good ones btw..

Hey Rocket.

Is there any way to make it so zombies will walk towards gun shots from fairly far away' date=' say 75-100 yards or so but not know exactly where you are and come screaming with laser precision ect.

I think it would add a great dynamic to gameplay and make them quite dangerous to hunters ect. as they would come looking in your area and you wouldn't know that they are lurking about.

So while they wouldn't be an immediate threat that insta-spots you, if they get closer they would catch their unsuspecting victims standing up, walking around doing their thing ect.

I want gunshots to alert zombies to my presence, thats a great feature that makes sense, it just doesn't make sense when they all magically know exactly where you are.

Although throwing in the random berserk lone zombie that gets excited by distant noise and goes running and screaming towards it wouldn't hurt either.

[/quote']

+1 this idea

Zeds should investigate gunshots and not just instantly know your location (unless they are close). It would make for tense situations where Zeds are looking for you but not all be aggroed.

Tested it for about 3 hours, very nice.

Got spawned outside Elektro. Found a hatchet relatively fast, probably the 2nd or 3rd place I entered.... but then I probably searched a third of Elektro and the docks and all I could find was a couple of Pepsi cans, various ammo and flares.

So to me at least it seems the bandages are really on the low side now. I was basically shadowing a guy for about 5-6 minutes that was bleeding and felt sorry for him but I used my own bandage a few moments before.

Oh... I actually started to bleed foolishly because I forgot to switch to 1st person mode. In 3d view mode, the hits go all over the place... in first person I usually get headshots even without crosshairs.

IMHO the reaction/behavior of the zombies is nearly perfect... good job on this! Still a bit of slowly moving through walls when closing the doors on the building I'm hiding but it's manageable.

Oh yeah... the flies sound is definitely still present, without any bodies. Between Kamenka and Komarovo for example, there's probably 2 places that almost each time I spawn have that sound. Might be a coincidence but the ground has a darker leaves/grass texture in those areas.

Zeds Still phasing through walls and can see/hear me from very long distances.

even when SITTING STILL in a barracks building I had Zeds agro and attack through walls.

Zombies are far too sensitive still.

Still pissed that I lost ALL the gear I spent 2 weeks collecting because of a bug.

Died for the first time in 2 weeks because of super sensitive, super fast, super strengthy zombies who can apparently hear my heart beating in my chest from a quarter mile away.

Any servers still running 1.7.1.2?

Do people ever think why someone will post that the Zeds are OK while the next post is from someone who says they are too sensitive? Are we all sure we are playing the most up to date patch and on correct servers? There cant be this much discrepancy in Zed behaviour.

It must be confusing to the Devs with all the conflicting reports.

Bug Report :

If I have my Primary weapon selected, when I'm gathering loot crawling around, he won't stand up when I hit the gear button (good)

If I have my secondary weapon selected however and I'm looting, lying down and I hit my gear button, my character always stands up, this is a good way to give away your position.

Weapon Issue Report:

I like to use the double barrel shotgun but it doesnt have a bead when your aiming, its like the gun model is aimed down slightly.

This makes it extremely difficult to aim it properly, especially with slugs. Can you please fix this sometime so that the iron sights become useful.

Thanks for all of your hard work so far Rocket.

Got axed by a dude, did not make a sound. Only realized it after he ran away and I had bled out. There should be a sound made for getting axed if it doesn't kill us in one blow. This happened at night, btw, so I could not see the bleeding animation.

Loving it, best its been so far. Saying that, some major problems I feel, i think most have been said, zombies either need not hit so hard or have more morphine around. I liked the suggestion someone made of a break like injury or sprain that is only temporarily debilitating, but still instantly fixable with the right loot.

Zombie senses/noise made while moving is almost perfect, that coupled with being able to lose them if something goes wrong is exactly what the game needed. Still experiencing some problems with endless zombie waves and them spawning very close, but its rare enough not to be a major issue.

Also to save us all typing the same thing over and over on these rolling release/bug report threads have two polls on the first page, one for reporting issues and one for suggestions/improvements/rants on the new elements of the release. Two questions, are you experiencing any of these issues? if not add it as a poll option. What should be changed improved, if its not here add it. Rocket and co would get the visual data of what bugs are more prevalent and the mood and reaction to changes and we would all have to wade through less bullshit as anything repeated would be deleted. You could also encourage everyone to fill in the bug report poll after theyve played the new patch when you close the 'pending release' thread so many of us are always hanging on.