rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

So I was having a problem because even though I was installing the latest beta' date=' I was not using the new exe to load the game. If you are using steam, you will need to copy the beta files into your arma2 OA directory, or else change the command line so it loads the beta. I'm sorry I don't have more accurate instructions, you can find it by googling, but hopefully someone else can post some concise steps to get this working.

Seems to me we need a proper thread to explain installing with the beta.. otherwise people who use steam are going to be stuck in debug forest, invisible, wearing only a cockring. :p

(80's movie reference.. can you spot it?)

[/quote']

or just use the six launcher. it updates the beta patches as well as dayz whether you have arma2 on steam, amazon or whatever else.

I used six updater, it said everything was up to date, but it didn't load properly. Once I replace the arma2oa.exe with the beta one, and added:

"-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;CA;@DayZ -mod=@dayz -nosplash -world=empty"

to the startup options and it worked.. didn't work until then..

Hovering cursor over random zeds causes it to identify zed as a fellow player. "25m Man" I don't know what to make of it. Never seen or heard of it before. I was playing cat and mouse games for 10 minutes before I realized the it wasn't another player stalking me, but a zed randomly walking around the same town. Not to mention, I was able to get the distance and location of zed through walls and houses. That shouldn't be the case either.

New update actually makes things manageable.. A few bugs

-All ammo being dropped when picking up a box of matches

- All ammo dropped again when picking up a watch

- Watches for days in a supermarket... there were 8 of them in one market. Perhaps their spawn rate needs reduced?

Not really a bug but the script kiddies are back. Atlanta 17 was just nuked.

Bug report: Went into supermarket, found map and matches. when you pick up a toolbelt item, it drops your ammo to the floor. from both pistol and primary weapon. you can pick it up again after that, it doesnt dissapear.

[bUG] I had my legs broken' date=' then took a hatchet that was in my bag and swapped it for my Winchester, then I stood up and I could walk and run. Im still able to, with my legs still broken even when I change weapon.

[/quote']

people have super powers when they have an hatchet! :)

Rocket' date=' have you considered getting rid of the packpack as starting item in the next patch? I think that would be good.

[/quote']

Seconded - backpack is no longer needed and there would finally be a use for the czech pouch!

i like this idea

This.

I vote for NO STARTING GEAR. It is very doable. I've done it a lot of times by just dropping what I have and seeing where the wind takes me.

+1 to this! I really see no reason why you should start with bandages and painkillers - flashlight is ok as a starting gear, as it's so dangerous to turn the damned thing on!

So far im liking this new patch and zombies.

I was able to crouch walk around zombies quite like normal and was not getting detected from a stupid distance as well, i was able to crouch run past zeds that were looking in my direction without aggroing them and they were about 15 to 20 metres away( a little less probably)

If your good enough these zeds are perfect, anyone who does still get detected need to really learn how to sneak around, then again i was not in a city, so could be a different story.

Hovering cursor over random zeds causes it to identify zed as a fellow player. "25m Man" I don't know what to make of it. Never seen or heard of it before. I was playing cat and mouse games for 10 minutes before I realized the it wasn't another player stalking me' date=' but a zed randomly walking around the same town as me. Not to mention I was able to get the distance and location of zed through walls and houses. That shouldn't be the case.

[/quote']

it should read as "former man". fellow players are called "survivor" it also does that with some some gps on the map-it sees a zombie and calls it "man", but it calls fellow players "survivor" on there as well

im diggin this new update as well, but i still think we should start with a morphine rather than painkillers. a broken leg (i never seem to break my arm) is almost certain death.

Just wondering if you saw the latest beta build for Arma II:

[93958] New: Dropping items while swimming can be disabled with "enableItemsDropping = 0;" in description.ext

This would help with people spawning in the ocean from changing cammo, is this something that needs to be done serverside or clientside?

-Barbed wire is ridicolous. It allows better equiped players to basically camp a lot of major loot points. My suggestion: Let us vault over barbed wire! With the cost of loosing blood and occasional bleeding.

You mean the ones that players can put down themselves?

I been vaulting over them for awhile now, the barbed wire fences that you see around normally are the ones i have never been able to vault over but the ones player place at entrances of building have never stopped me

I like the increased sensitivity of zombies in the post 1.7.1 versions.

The one thing that's killing me is the fact that zombies are spawning inside buildings, the building's doors are closed before I get to them, and then suddenly zombies just phase right through the doors into my face, and I don't see them until they're already aggroed on to me. When you start without a weapon, this is a serious concern.

I can avoid any zombie I see ahead of time. I can't avoid a zombie that can see me through a wall.

I just died four times to zombies in 1.7.1.5 (in the last two hours), and every single death was from zombies inside buildings that somehow phased through a door/wall/whatever.

Another issue is that the "new" attack animations are no better than the old ones. They're jerky, non-fluid, and have the appearance of a zombie teleporting forward a full two feet, meaning that when I line up my headshot to take them out, suddenly their head isn't where it was when I pulled the trigger, with no smooth animation between the two of them. When in ironsights, the head honestly leaves my screen entirely.

Honestly, all animations of zombies (for the entire time I've been playing, which was around 1.6, I believe), are entirely too fast.

Hatchets shouldn't have to be reloaded (died once with a hatchet in my hand going "click click click" because I didn't know).

It's hard to notice that you have "flares" selected if you pick them up before you pick up a weapon.

anyone else online had this issue? My friend and I were playing the update, and when we logged in, for some reason his character was invisible. He could see me, open my bag and everything, but I couldn't see him or hear him walking around. When he dropped things, I could pick them up. He shot a goat, I heard it and saw the animal drop. I can't do anything at all and we both need transfusions.

We're both updated to the latest beta and DayZ version, so idk what's going on.

If it matters at all, he was wearing a ghille suit. I didn't just "miss him though" because he did say that he was standing right in front of me, putting his gun into my eyes, and I couldn't see him at all.

This seems to have come up on the thread again: With morphine very rare and broken bones happening a lot from various sources, could there be an alternate method to deal with them that would keep it rough, but make for interesting gameplay?

1. Applying or having a friend apply a bandage/painkillers/plaster (any common medical supply that'd fit the role) on you could let you walk after X amount of time and heal slowly.

2. Making a difference between "strains" and "fractures". Strains would cripple you, but heal naturally over time (maybe faster next to heat sources). Fractures would happen less commonly, but would require the most rarest of treatments (the equivalent of morphine now).

Great update!

Audibility Feedback:

While crouched (grass example):

With sidearm: sneaking = 1 sound bar | walking = 1 sound bar

With primary weapon: sneaking = 0 sound bars | walking = 2 sound bars

I suggest making them both the same instead because I am constantly switching between primary and sidearm because of this, it gets rather annoying.

I suggest with both: sneaking = 0 sound bars | walking = 1 sound bar

Odd that people are having the ammo drop issue.

I had it this morning, but then today I got the latest beta arma and 1.7.1.5 and it hasn't happened to me with a couple dozen pickups (including a pistol and rifle).

I find that the zombies still respawn too quickly, it just feels weird and can be quite annoying.

Pretty much everything else feels pretty awesome though.

Obviously still some issues with zombies seeing through walls from time to time and attacking through them, but its not real often.

The spawning of loot feels alot better lately although the shotgun shells are rather annoying, way two many groups of only two shells = no space for supplies.

I am really enjoying how the zombies search for you, its working well and despite my best efforts has resulted in me being spotted due to being overwhelmed by curious zombies, very cool feature!.

The sound levels feel much better overall, still a challenge but not insane.

I really like this patch overall, just need the zeds respawn toned down a little.

I have no problems with deadly zombies but I just don't agree with them comming back from the grave over and over again.

Keep up the great work Rocket, you da man.

If you are reading this. Thank you very much Rocket, nice update. I have been kind of cynical with last couple of hotfixes. However, this one really helped.

Zombies do seem to still spawn too fast sometimes.

I also noticed before that my sight/sound indicators were no different between crouch walking and crouch running with my secondary out. Seemed strange. Also some of the differences between surfaces are reallllly drastic. Like some soft looking soil outside of barns is 4 vision crouch walking, then step on any grass and it was instantly 1 crouch running? <_>

Pretty nice update!

But try to turn buggs off ;)

Spawn rate on watches if lvl 10 lower rate to 5 and matches if lvl 10 lower rate to 3.

In barnes i've seen 1 hatchet sucken in floor ( could be an arma issue)

Zombies range on firing shot with a loud weapon not reacting to shots fired from 40m-50m when they should have hear the shot tbh.

But I like the way zombies now react to you once they are closer.

Loot on food and bandages is high perhaps -1 if that helps.

Hit rate on get bleed is lower and more manageable now.

Execellent work on hatchet and torch. That now works well wood chopped fine. Plus Torch in belt is a nice place to have it.

Placed a tent with no dup or glitch to be found finally that seems to be fixed.

Thanks rocket, played for 3hours and really enjoyed the lastest patch

Tents and items such as barb wire fence reappear on server restart when removed!! This is extremely annoying for someone who enjoys a nice base like myself :D. Please address this.

Played, no real problems and probably the most stable build since 1.6.

Other then that... For the most part stealth feels just about right, if you err on the side of caution you get by, but pushing the envelope sometimes leads to you getting aggro. But running through a single office building, barn, or open warehouse drops aggro instantly.

But on the other side of the coin, Apartments are @#$%ing death traps now. Both of my deaths today were a result of a Zed inevitably stepping on my legs while prone, the first time I deserved it, the second, well let me explain.

I'm in one of the apartment complexes in Barazino where there's a supermarket across the street from 3 of these buildings. I draw the aggro of one zombie going in, kill him and others go to investigate. I draw their aggro as well, and I got to the top floor and prone. I SHOULD have lost aggro here, making no noise and no LoS, yet the entire time the group of about 3 or so was on me. They get to the top floor and I kill all 3 of them, but suddenly I get hit from below, a zed is attacking me through the ground, but then I realize there's now a zed behind me entirely. He obviously glitched through the floor, w/e I kill him still decent health. I go prone as I hear somehow more zeds and I try to de aggro them. But I check the doorway from the top floor staircase and see about 6 zeds trying to get to me... I try to take them down, my odds are decent, but then another zombie teleports through the floor behind me ,breaks my legs, and I get knocked out the moment my blood dips into that zone.

What I gather from this...

1.) Vertical position currently doesn't break LoS for jack, at least in buildings.

2.) Zeds are spawning inside buildings and skipping the new system in place for preventing waves of zombies from spawning super close to players, perhaps the building is ruining the LoS for this check.

3.) Zeds can glitch through floors and staircases from below upwards.

4.) Those apartments are NOT worth it.

Thanks rocket' date=' played for 3hours and really enjoyed the lastest patch

[/quote']

This +1...

PLayed a couple of hours, myself.

So for no major problems with the new patch.

I feel like all the biggest issues that made u rage are fixed, have played for couple of hours without any fps drop, zombie agro is fine now, hatchet in toolbelt,.. all lovely features.

Altough I had some cons:

*Building with loot was filled with 15 zombies or more

*Small loot spots such as offices at gas station also filled with 2-3 zombies

*When pick up hatchet, always pick it up as primary weapon and not in toolbelt, this drops your current gun and all the ammo with it

*Picking up small items make u drop all magazines and clips

*Fireing one shot with a rifle from a distance lures almost all zombies in town. Not much of a use if you need more bullets to kill them all when you cant find as many.

Next to these little things no problems at all :)! Verry happy with this patch.

Keep up the good work rocket!

Hey Rocket.

Is there any way to make it so zombies will walk towards gun shots from fairly far away, say 75-100 yards or so but not know exactly where you are and come screaming with laser precision ect.

I think it would add a great dynamic to gameplay and make them quite dangerous to hunters ect. as they would come looking in your area and you wouldn't know that they are lurking about.

So while they wouldn't be an immediate threat that insta-spots you, if they get closer they would catch their unsuspecting victims standing up, walking around doing their thing ect.

I want gunshots to alert zombies to my presence, thats a great feature that makes sense, it just doesn't make sense when they all magically know exactly where you are.

Although throwing in the random berserk lone zombie that gets excited by distant noise and goes running and screaming towards it wouldn't hurt either.