rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

looking for a buddy to play with skype: armychris1

Hard to gain trust with all that equipment. Sorts of smells like a pker.

No! Im just walking thru the landscape alone and it kinda sucks lol. I got real good gear so i should be afraid of someone who might kill me.

Just found NVGs but being a lone wolf is not my kind of playstyle.

And noone of my buds are playing this crazy mod.

Aight' date=' like i said, if you re looking for a serious buddy to travel alot and enjoy the game hit me up on skype or via PM

Please only 20+ :P

[/quote']

We invited another player once and he killed us as soon as he got the chance. We chatted with him for 1 hr on steam and skype to make sure he was ok. After 6 hrs of playing together he decided to kill us both. REALLY skeptical about bringing other people.

I don't know if you've addressed this or not, but when I was playing 1.7.4 last night I noticed that LMG ammo was spawning way too much on various servers in places like Stary Sobor military tents and NE AF. It wouldn't hurt to look over the ammo spawn values again.

[bUG] I had my legs broken' date=' then took a hatchet that was in my bag and swapped it for my Winchester, then I stood up and I could walk and run. Im still able to, with my legs still broken even when I change weapon.

[/quote']

people have super powers when they have an hatchet! :)

Rocket' date=' have you considered getting rid of the packpack as starting item in the next patch? I think that would be good.

[/quote']

Seconded - backpack is no longer needed and there would finally be a use for the czech pouch!

i like this idea

I agree with the idea of ditching the backpack at start (perhaps just have the pouch be starting gear, to keep the introduction to backpacks to new players). In the very least, it adds value to both the Coyote Patrol packs and the Pouch which wasn't there before.

looking for a buddy to play with skype: armychris1

Hard to gain trust with all that equipment. Sorts of smells like a pker.

No! Im just walking thru the landscape alone and it kinda sucks lol. I got real good gear so i should be afraid of someone who might kill me.

Just found NVGs but being a lone wolf is not my kind of playstyle.

And noone of my buds are playing this crazy mod.

Aight' date=' like i said, if you re looking for a serious buddy to travel alot and enjoy the game hit me up on skype or via PM

Please only 20+ :P

[/quote']

We invited another player once and he killed us as soon as he got the chance. We chatted with him for 1 hr on steam and skype to make sure he was ok. After 6 hrs of playing together he decided to kill us both. REALLY skeptical about bringing other people.

This is freakin bs. Man this just a game and i wanna have fun with company. Im sorry that happened to you but im not intending to kill somebody except im being attacked. :(

Any kind of ammo disappears when is less than full. Example, shoot three bullets with an AK-74, disconnect and the clip will be completely gone, it also happens with pistols and shotguns.

Rocket' date=' is there any better way to balance the prone because you are moving SLOWER than crouchwalking which makes you able to be seen but not heard but when proning you can be heard louder than crouchwalking and can be seen two bars harder. Is there any way to better balance this?

[/quote']

I find this realistic. Crouching is pretty loud with gear or through grass / gravel.

My only pet hate at the moment is broken limbs and the lack of morphine.

I don't find morphine anywhere. Does this mean I am forced into the big cities for basic medical supplies? Maybe that's the intention ? If it is then that's what I must do I guess. But it still leaves a lot of people in the middle of the countryside surviving of the land who find themselves facing an impossible cross country crawl' date=' maybe loosing blood with failing vision.

[/quote']

thats why teamwork is important :)

This patch feels great! The game mechanics are very enjoyable right now. kudos!

Just some things so far:

-In some areas I felt like there were hardly any Zombies (max. Z in server: 500; alive 450) and I was actually scavanging threw Cherno.

-If you know the cities and the bigger buildings, Zs aren't a big threat. It's easy to loose them in them. Maybe I just had a server with an unusual amount of Zs.

-Barbed wire is ridicolous. It allows better equiped players to basically camp a lot of major loot points. My suggestion: Let us vault over barbed wire! With the cost of loosing blood and occasional bleeding.

-There was loot in about 2m above the ground floating. Kinda strange. There was no corps, no general looting point and I was not able to reach it (might have been interessting though).

No starting weapon was interessting today:

Someone surprised me, I imidiatly shoot at him point blank, appologized, bandaged him. Gave him the Lee Einfield in the building before I leaved. I would have probably killed him, if would have surprised me with a gun.

Why is everyone asking to remove the backpack all of a sudden? It would be okay though, but I think it's enough to swap it with a czech west pack (or however it's called)

wtf has he done tom the game again lol

i thought patches were for fixes not to break the game even more

Any kind of ammo disappears when is less than full. Example' date=' shoot three bullets with an AK-74, disconnect and the clip will be completely gone, it also happens with pistols and shotguns.

[/quote']

Same here.

But if you put the ammo into your backpack before disconnecting, the ammo does not disappear.

I see it as this;

Keep:

Backpack

Flashlight

Painkillers

Water Bottle

If were in this zombie apoc, and we are being forced to leave our home and move out to survive, a normal human being is not just gonna get up and run outside without at least some basic supplies. That is what I gathered where trying to do here, immersion, and realism, but still a game. Removing anything listed above, would not be realistic.

Unless we are going after the whole " we just washed up in shore from a boating accident in middle of zombie apoc ".... which I don't think we are, nor is Rocket, or community. Its the above.

my 2 cent

Bug report.

Main weapon still disappearing when you disconnect with the weapon in the Coyote backpack.

Quick report, zombie got me be cause i laid down near a tall fence that he was on the other side of but then he sort of walked no-clipped along the fence half on one side of the fence and half on the other untill he found me and the chase began.

Otherwise pretty good so far!

I don't find morphine anywhere. Does this mean I am forced into the big cities for basic medical supplies? Maybe that's the intention ? If it is then that's what I must do I guess. But it still leaves a lot of people in the middle of the countryside surviving of the land who find themselves facing an impossible cross country crawl' date=' maybe loosing blood with failing vision.

[/quote']

Yes, Teamwork is a big part of this mod. But forcing lone players out of the game doesn't make the game better.

Regarding no back pack : Yes think it's a good idea but now is not the time to implement it. There are a lot of things in this mod to sort out first and making it even harder for the new players arriving each day when the game is still developing so much is too harsh imo. Ideas like this are fine tuning and there are more pressing matters.

Morphine is where it should be... In the hospital. You're not very likely to find it anywhere else in reality. I was at the two grocery stores in Berezino and there was a ton of canned food. It's all making sense now.

[/quote']

Yes, Teamwork is a big part of this mod. But forcing lone players out of the game doesn't make the game better.

I've quickly lost faith in other players, they always end up shooting me in the back when I help them. I had a guy earlier today saying don't shoot, friendly! So I didn't shoot him.. guess what happened as soon as I turned my back on him... :/

[/quote']

its not forcing them out of the game, lone survivors just need to be more careful, and choose wisely what will they bring with them, more cure/heal items and less ammo :)

balance is everything

So I was having a problem because even though I was installing the latest beta, I was not using the new exe to load the game. If you are using steam, you will need to copy the beta files into your arma2 OA directory, or else change the command line so it loads the beta. I'm sorry I don't have more accurate instructions, you can find it by googling, but hopefully someone else can post some concise steps to get this working.

Seems to me we need a proper thread to explain installing with the beta.. otherwise people who use steam are going to be stuck in debug forest, invisible, wearing only a cockring. :p

(80's movie reference.. can you spot it?)

rarity of morphine + high chance to break leg (gunshot, zombie attack, glitching thru wall and falling) is pretty off-point atm. for solo players, getting a broken leg in any area of wilderness or any long walk from a hospital is almost an insta-game over.

slightly higher morphine rate (especially in early areas, barns, houses etc) would do wonders for this problem

So I was having a problem because even though I was installing the latest beta' date=' I was not using the new exe to load the game. If you are using steam, you will need to copy the beta files into your arma2 OA directory, or else change the command line so it loads the beta. I'm sorry I don't have more accurate instructions, you can find it by googling, but hopefully someone else can post some concise steps to get this working.

Seems to me we need a proper thread to explain installing with the beta.. otherwise people who use steam are going to be stuck in debug forest, invisible, wearing only a cockring. :p

(80's movie reference.. can you spot it?)

[/quote']

or just use the six launcher. it updates the beta patches as well as dayz whether you have arma2 on steam, amazon or whatever else.

Summary: 1.7.1.5 is awesome.

Ran through 1.7.1.5 for an hour (fresh spawn). Didn't find any issues. Zed aggro is real good, definitely more sensitive than 1.7.0, but not extreme... perfect. Spawned in cherno, found lots of pistols within minutes. Guns and ammo everywhere. Not having gun at start is not that annoying. Found at least 6 people in cherno, lots of friendlies, most running from zeds, helped some out. One girl came around a corner with an M4 pointed at my face though, I had to shoot and got great loot (felt a bit bad about that afterwards but it was survival instinct all the way). No FPS issues for me, no server issues (latest beta patch was a bit of a pain to d/l with the intermittent auth prompt - it worked after about 10 refresh/retries). All in all it looks pretty solid to me.

[/quote']

its not forcing them out of the game, lone survivors just need to be more careful, and choose wisely what will they bring with them, more cure/heal items and less ammo :)

balance is everything

It's not about what they take with them it's acquiring the items in the first place. Broken limbs are so common now it wont take long before the hospitals become the new beach and groups camp the hospitals. Without morphine sooner or later you die a slow crawling death. Right now it's possible for loners to get into the hospitals but it wont be long before that's not an option. And all small towns villages have doctors / pharmacies. Despite the poster saying it's reality that morphine is only in hospital take a look on the net at how many doses are dished out each day from pharmacies. It's the most common drug used for extreme pain such as cancer patients. If all the people that needed morphine on a daily basis were hospitalised the system would crash. Most of these people suffer at home as there is little that can be done for them except pain relief.

Short version: Hospitals is not the only place morphine is dispensed from or stored. But like I said if that's the intention to get everyone into the cities every few days then that's what I will do. The mod is too fun to give up. Maybe I will have to start killing people in the country after all :(

hey just a quick post on some things i noticed. this release has made the gameplay a whole lot better. but the things i noticed have become common and could be fixed.

first is i have a broken bone, and i have noticed morphine is extreamly rare, ive bin crawling around for a long time trying to find some or another player whom might have some.

second is that alot of doorways and stairs and uneven ground makes my chara go in to pain and bleed, specialy when a door opens up in to my face, that gets a lil annoying

third is the ladders and now somtimes when i pick up items it makes my sight and sound bar go throught he roof and aggro zeds several houses down, ladders and iteams are also causing my chara to run all of a sudden with out touching any keys, this is causing zed aggro.

these are some issues ive seen so far, i think upping the morphine spawn rate and where they spawn would be a lil bit more helpfull to players, since the farther north you go the sparcer they seem to become, im currently stuck crawling around the wilderness in hopes of some kind of redemption,

maby adding a way to use firewood and a bandage to make a splint that would allow you to limp along? or maby heal the broken leg over a few minute period of time?