rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

50% audio reduction through walls is a good idea. Would make the detection more authentic feeling. It's definitely worth a test patch.

Good Idea, more realistic. BTW good interview you have today.

How do you guys feel about this' date=' for the next hotfix:

"Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)"

So a line-of-sight check is done before agro'ing audibility - and if cut by terrain/object the power of the sound is reduced by 50%

[/quote']

So if I am understanding this correctly. They would basically hear you then would have to visibly check the noise by looking before aggroing us. As opposed to hearing us through walls and buildings then just magically running straight to us? If this is correct, then hell yes. I've been thinking the sound is still a bit harsh at this point. I keep getting aggro'd from god knows where with just my sound maybe being a tad too loud.

I was thinking maybe go back to prone crawling not making the noise anymore so that we could possibly get close to off a zombie with our new found melee stuff all ninja like (from behind of course). Also reducing the chance to be heard when trying to sneak a little bit. The visibility of prone is fine with it being 1 marker.. means we can't just prone past it all, and we actually have to watch where the dead heads are looking. The visibility check is a great idea but I think the sound should still be muffled for prone.. at least on softer surfaces.

Thanks for being so good with this community by the way. It is nice to actually have our input taken into how we want to play the game as you code it. More companies need to take this practice into account. We know what is fun, so why not listen right?

Meanwhile' date=' small point, despawning of dead animals, its a bit fast at the moment. There is no time to gut it and take the meat if you are not right next to it when you shot it.

[/quote']

Shit, you're right I just checked.

Also, can you confirm the animals actually move around? I.e. specifically the animal in the incident you are describing. And how fast did it move (should it move faster)

I saw some pigs and cows moving around, goats seem to stand still though. When they move, they move rather well.

Also, there's an exploit where if you DC when zombies are aggro'd, your body can stay in the game allowing you to dupe everything, happened on ny21, multiple instances were observed.

And is there some kind of invisibility hack going around? got completely ganked inside a room with one entrance backed into a corner...

Also fast little edit here.

Can we get a reduction in chance to have legs broken when smacked by zombies? The damage seems pretty good if not a little high.. but it works. With the lack of morphine around it really gets rough when one little love tap can cripple us lol.

I've been insta-killed by zombies three times so far against walls/fences. Literally no option to heal myself, go straight to egg-timer with broken bones, shakes and a third of my blood, down from full.

I love the perma-death, but only when I really deserve it. This is insane.

"Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)"

So a line-of-sight check is done before agro'ing audibility - and if cut by terrain/object the power of the sound is reduced by 50%

[/quote']

So if I am understanding this correctly. They would basically hear you then would have to visibly check the noise by looking before aggroing us. As opposed to hearing us through walls and buildings then just magically running straight to us? If this is correct, then hell yes. I've been thinking the sound is still a bit harsh at this point. I keep getting aggro'd from god knows where with just my sound maybe being a tad too loud.

I was thinking maybe go back to prone crawling not making the noise anymore so that we could possibly get close to off a zombie with our new found melee stuff all ninja like (from behind of course). Also reducing the chance to be heard when trying to sneak a little bit. The visibility of prone is fine with it being 1 marker.. means we can't just prone past it all, and we actually have to watch where the dead heads are looking. The visibility check is a great idea but I think the sound should still be muffled for prone.. at least on softer surfaces.

Thanks for being so good with this community by the way. It is nice to actually have our input taken into how we want to play the game as you code it. More companies need to take this practice into account. We know what is fun, so why not listen right?

go outside... get your body down to the ground... crouching makes less sound then crawling. two feet on the ground makes less sound then your whole body. prone=less visibility more sound / crouching=less sound more vis. it makes no sense that you would make less sound when crawling through a field.

@ "guy who asked about the green line", it is a feature of the latest beta patch, shows how much ammo per magazine you have I believe

report for 1.7.1.5

-mostly seems much better, normal and manageable zed aggro, and very smooth performance, loot spawns normally etc... sorry if some of these below are are old issues.

-[new feature] magic trick - double click main-hand weapon and it completely disappears never to be seen again. ;) Ive done this a couple of times now since .7 release. This instance it was the doublebarrel shotty, last time was the winchester.

- flares/nightsticks always reset to 10 after relog

-I entered the house model with a narrow stairway up to a closed door. I could not turn round at all as my gun stopped me at the wall, and could not go back down as a zed was there. It attacked me from behind and I glitched through the floor into the room below with broken everything and 2k blood from 12k.

[/quote']

go outside... get your body down to the ground... crouching makes less sound then crawling. two feet on the ground makes less sound then your whole body. prone=less visibility more sound / crouching=less sound more vis. it makes no sense that you would make less sound when crawling through a field.

Well to be honest that actually depends on the surface you are crawling on and speed in which you crawl. This being a video game and us all trying to help find a balance it makes perfect sense (within a video game). Plus if I am not mistaken in the game, the sound is still intensified by crouching over prone anyway. So even by your understanding it still needs to be tweaked, yes? The visibility check may end up doing the trick with all the visual/sound aggro woes. We will see shortly I am sure.

[/quote']

YES

[/quote']

how about when they hear you trough an object they only go investigate the area? not sprint towards you and chase.

there are no items spawning what is going on? anyone else having this problem???

You are probably on a "dead" server. 0 zombie spawn, 0 item spawn.

Love the new balance of items' spawn. Started near Elektro. Found Enfield with two clips in second building. Thought it's payback time since law obidient chernorussians avoid this city. Thanks to zombies' balanced view/hearing I could without much trouble get to the tallest building and climb the ladder. When I got to the top of the tower, I crouched and started to snipe those hooligans and aggroing the zombies around. It was fun to see how those people were running around in the open trying to escape the Zeds.

One desperate loser tried to shoot me with a pistol from the ground. I lol'd at him and put a bullet in his mouth to shut him up. But then my luck ended. Since I was crouching and leaning all around this 1x1m square, I accidently fell off. Survived! But lost consciousness. Hourglass was ticking very slow for some reason and I got eaten alive by 2 zeds in that time.

Latest hotfix seems to be perfect: no FPS drop in huge Electro, balanced loot and balanced zeds' hear/view senses.

how about when they hear you trough an object they only go investigate the area? not sprint towards you and chase.

Thoughts on this? I can easily do this.

HOWEVER. There may be a small performance impact from it.

EDIT: Actually, it would keep spamming your position. Would have a major performance impact. I could probably write something on this later. But for now, might not be possible.

I totally like this, we could try, its better than when they just see you. Also if u shoot with a lee enfield 342583495 zombies will come, so it's still good, i specially like it because in apartments, like those situated in chernogorsk they can go to the last floor, and find you even if you are in another room, investigating is better,

Thanks for the hard work! :D

pd: if its not possible, forget my words xD

I walked through Cherno in a verrrry low pop server and all I found in just about EVERY loot spawn was tin cans, etc...

This went on for a couple hours and even noticed the same thing on across multiple servers.

I don't know if this was intended or if it is a BUG. The reason I say this is because when I looted a medical box that had 1 painkiller in it and when I returned every box that I had emptied was FULL of blood bags, epi-pens, bandages, etc....

After this I would completely empty a loot spawn area of tin cans and later return. Almost every time I would find fresh GEAR. Ammo, weapons, food, etc...

Maybe there is a tin can bug?

EDIT: Actually' date=' it would keep spamming your position. Would have a major performance impact. I could probably write something on this later. But for now, might not be possible.

[/quote']

It would be great having zombies to investigate where the sound came from, instead of running like chickens.

Thank you for the hard work!

EDIT: Actually' date=' it would keep spamming your position. Would have a major performance impact. I could probably write something on this later. But for now, might not be possible.

[/quote']

If it's going to cause a performance issue, then I'd definitely agree with holding out on it. It'll be a useful feature when you squeeze it in, but if it'll cost someone the ability to play the game smoothly, it'll pretty much be only useful for those with higher tech in their machines.

Crouch running/walking audibility seems to be different when holding main weapon or the sidearm. You could crouch run on grass and have 1 audibility bar with the side arm, but 2 when holding a main weapon. Not sure whether intentional, as you do move a bit faster when running with a main weapon. I would still prefer the option of sneaking more efficiently when holding my main weapon though, in case it is silenced for example. One thing I noticed that seemed to be bugged about this was that at times I would have 0 audibility when crouch walking on grass with my main weapon in hand, when I would constantly have 1 when I held my sidearm. Nothing serious but something I felt I should report.

Love the new patch, keep up the good work!

[/quote']

Rock away opss never mind !!

how about they dont sprint at all, but have to dropped by a headshot?

they just keep moving towards you no matter how many body shots they take?

thats kinda what you would expect them to do?

just a thought..

[/quote']

It would be a huge improvement and a realistic feature, but I feel the current system works fine too. If it's possible yes please, but should not be on the top of your priority list as I'm sure there's A LOT of other more critical stuff you are currently working on too.