rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

its all ended. just get over it ppl. you are fucking dreaming of HL4, its what you doing here. rocket keeps feeding bullshit, you keep eating it like creme-caramel.. it wont be anything like you all dreaming of. its gonna port arma engine to consoles for kids to buy. its the only thing why there is a project called 'dayz sa'.. are you too fucking stupid or what? if it would have been a PC game, should have released in winter. fucking wake up ffs people..

Don't worry, when Rust comes out I'll be playing that for sure.

psi said in his last live-stream that rust is dead. so it is dead :<

Garry Newell is a pro. programmer. If he has to code the game alone then he will do so.

However what about a system where each time  you loot a dead body you have a high chance of catching a disease

Now that's a clever idea... 

looting a dead body is such a fun part of the game though, like opening a gift on christmas morning.  Would hate to see that changed.  There must be a good way to organically promote cooperation and team work without building in penalties and such

Edited by oompah

One thing i fear, is that this melee will turn out similar to the way Hatchets work. Zombies in the mod currently can hit you without making any physical contact. The same goes for hatchets, you can 1hk any zombie without actually hitting it, i believe this is because in the mod there is essentially no melee system, and their treated similar to regular weapons like guns. Not sure if Dean could clarify this?

After to seeing the gameplay which involved zombies literallly leaping around like monkeys on crack, i don't see how a punch will do anything. But hell, you could still beat up other survivors which should be fun.

A different method is used, the players cursor. I just run the test before and its much more reliable than the previous "fake weapon". Also, I'm planning on expanding it to selections meaning the area on the body you hit will dictate the effect. But that might not happen in time for the alpha release.

• Like 1

looting a dead body is such a fun part of the game though, like opening a gift on christmas morning.  Would have to see that changed.  There must be a good way to organically promote cooperation and team work without building in penalties and such

I think that base building may help.  But even then you're going to have groups of people and as soon as someone stumbles across their base or starts sniffing around they will kill them.  As a friendly lone wolf, I fully expect to be KoS now, and I don't see that changing much in the SA.  Unless I can wire up a heart rate monitor that explodes my corpse after I die... they will be able to get everything they need from me if they just shoot me.  Unless there are classes or leveling (and NO, I don't want these things), there's no reason to "see what a guy can offer".  Unless you think you can talk him into giving up his camp/stash.

I personally think that looting your own body should not be possible after death, however.  I don't know how that could happen, but that may make people think twice about engaging, especially engaging relatively geared up guys who have a chance at killing you.

Edited by Soupee

What would "dead" and "over" mean ? It means its hype is over. Not a lot of peeps play it nowadays and not a lot of peeps stream it.

7 days to die is now far better than that tbh

looting a dead body is such a fun part of the game though, like opening a gift on christmas morning.

Had lot's of dead and decomposing animals wrapped for christmas, I see?

Edited by codestargod
  • Like 1

What would "dead" and "over" mean ? It means its hype is over. Not a lot of peeps play it nowadays and not a lot of peeps stream it.

7 days to die is now far better than that tbh

But the game is still being developed, so anything you say is VOID of any value.

But the game is still being developed, so anything you say is VOID of any value.

Bit ironic considering you and many others seem to have DayZ written off already no?  :huh:

Edited by CapricornOne
  • Like 1

Bit ironic considering you and many others seem to have DayZ written off already no?  :huh:

Written off, as in having declined? The answer is obviously no.

If Rust is out before SA, then obviously I'd buy that. And vice versa.

Which is your opinion. You forgot to say "imo". I said psi said so, so it is so. Complicated ? Nop.

Which is your opinion. You forgot to say "imo". I said psi said so, so it is so. Complicated ? Nop.

That's why I asked you what you meant by dead, dummy. You just said it lost its publicity, but that has nothing to do with game development.

That's why I asked you what you meant by dead, dummy. You just said it lost its publicity, but that has nothing to do with game development.

No, I elaborated what he meant by saying "dead", and that is all.

No one said anything about development getting over. Hype being gone does not mean the end of the game development.

Edited by SoulHunter

No, I elaborated what he meant by saying "dead", and that is all.

No one said anything about development getting over. Hype being gone does not mean the end of the game development.

You know, it's funny how everyone with an anime character as forum avatar have the same overprotective personality. Sometimes I wonder if it's even different people I am writing with and not the same.

You said the game is over, and it isn't. End of story. I already bought 7 days to die, btw.

You know, it's funny how everyone with an anime character as forum avatar have the same overprotective personality. Sometimes I wonder if it's even different people I am writing with and not the same.

You said the game is over, and it isn't. End of story. I already bought 7 days to die, btw.

I wrote this. Re-read. It is in english. End of the convo. Thanks. Regards.

To stop this useless conversation, I´m just going to ask where I can buy 7 days to die

To stop this useless conversation, I´m just going to ask where I can buy 7 days to die

If you pay a certain amount in kick starter you'll get a pre-ordered version...probably

You know, it's funny how everyone with an anime character as forum avatar have the same overprotective personality...nope

• Like 1

I wrote this. Re-read. It is in english. End of the convo. Thanks. Regards.

No, no, mister. I no hablo English'O. Hablo Espanol?

http://7daystodie.com/buy/ pay 35 dollars

very veeery veeeeeeeeery nice  :thumbsup:

its all ended. just get over it ppl. you are fucking dreaming of HL4, its what you doing here. rocket keeps feeding bullshit, you keep eating it like creme-caramel.. it wont be anything like you all dreaming of. its gonna port arma engine to consoles for kids to buy. its the only thing why there is a project called 'dayz sa'.. are you too fucking stupid or what? if it would have been a PC game, should have released in winter. fucking wake up ffs people..

Interesting.  Do you have the documents perchance? 

Either way, I hope the standalone has tin foil hats to protect us from the evil mind control rays being generated at Green Mountain by rocket and his cronies of hype-o-nauts.

• Like 3