rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

So this is great and all but I was hoping for some news on the mod.  Mebbe this isn't how that info gets conveyed.  I see a changelog but there isn't a release number or date associated with it.  Given I just ran across a medical box on my private server that had NO antibiotics in it, im itching for the fix for this infection mess.  When is it going to happen?

Rocket & Co. no longer works on the mod, consult R4Z0R please. 

• Like 4

The animations now look much more responsive IMO, not like ArmA2 where you think you are steering a truck at 100mph. Or a turtle sometimes.. Makes no difference. Don't get me wrong they look good, but resposiveness is the key in such a game and I love seeing it in the new animations. 

Also about items: I saw briefly at the 07:14 mark there was this desription about a can of something. Will there be a description like that for all items and what will that description entail? Mabe even the ware and tear for example on an item, or how dirty it is, before you even pick it up?

Edited by Zarniwoop

It was seriously considered.

I mean, it may seem like we're stupid sometimes but we really don't just sit around saying "hurrr durr letz maek a vidao gaem!"

I really laughed pretty hard at this lmao

33n7rbd.png

OH GOD....

Edit: holy shiz rocket gave my other post beans +1 life points

Edited by RekliSnipez

I dont get all the negativity on the animations. I think they look fucking great. Loads better than before.

The player animations sometimes look a little wooden to me, mainly the upper torso looks very stiff when running, but thats about it,  overall the new animations fit in really well.

The zombie attacks do seem a little out of sync at times, and also would like to see more variety,  but it's very early days for all that, very much looking forward to see seeing how they progress once they get the important things out of the way.

Loving the variety of clothing so far, really gives some individuality to the characters, Looking forawrd to release more than ever now.

• Like 1

The animations now look much more responsive IMO, not like ArmA2 where you think you are steering a truck at 100mph. Or a turtle sometimes.. Makes no difference. Don't get me wrong they look good, but resposiveness is the key in such a game and I love seeing it in the new animations. 

Also about items: I saw briefly at the 07:14 mark there was this desription about a can of something. Will there be a description like that for all items and what will that description entail? Mabe even the ware and tear for example on an item, or how dirty it is, before you even pick it up?

^this

maybe it doesnt show well in the video, but it's certain how I feel. The animations feel much more responsive - although there is some still missing that results in your character stopping to do something (you can change weapon while running while erect, but not for other stances or for sprinting yet)

Yes, all items have tooltip descriptions eventually. Some items show different information too, like magazines show how much ammo and syringes show what labels are on them etc...

• Like 3

RekliSnipez Does not your brain hurt? Mine does and yells: "Fly you fool!!!!" at me..

33n7rbd.png

OH GOD....

Edit: holy shiz rocket gave my other post beans +1 life points

A tweet from a (at least mentally) 12yo troll is oh god  why?

Anyway, seems pretty darn nice so far. I was only missing one thing this entire time: The guy has a bayonet and I was anticipating a stabbing that never happened... meh :P Has it been animated yet?

Edited by HazZarD87
  • Like 1

So this is great and all but I was hoping for some news on the mod.  Mebbe this isn't how that info gets conveyed.  I see a changelog but there isn't a release number or date associated with it.  Given I just ran across a medical box on my private server that had NO antibiotics in it, im itching for the fix for this infection mess.  When is it going to happen?

The Rolling changelog only shows what they are working on for the next update of the mod.

Edited by Fluxley

Can we all stop quoting those stupid comments from YT please?  It's ruining my mojo.  I don't go there for a reason

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

don't know how i feel about  "weapons represent your 'level' ingame"....there has to be more...of course not straight away, but i thought there were considerations in different directions  :unsure:

Can we all stop quoting those stupid comments from YT please?  It's ruining my mojo.  I don't go there for a reason

Fraggles just jelly cause he got undressed in the devblog...

• Like 5

Ahhh thats what I wanted to ask you rocket.

The music that plays in the backround in the mod and the song that plays when you die, will they be in the standalone?

Fraggles just jelly cause he got undressed in the devblog...

angry_zpsab13105a.jpg

• Like 3

Im disturbed by some of Fraggles...

"Interests"....

Hell, I'm just disturbed by Fraggles...

• Like 3

Actually arresting people is one of the greatest features I have ever seen in a multiplayer game and I don't care if undressing is a little gay :D

• Like 2

If you think Fraggles is disturbing you better hope to god you don't see his fraggles.

Edited by Skat3rat

I fucking wish.

What would you charge them with? And how would you find them?

Isn't violating the terms of service agreement (debugging client for malicious reasons) sufficient to sue such a company? And for the companies to be legal the companies must be recorded by their local government.

Tracking is with ease.

2bb2o2.png

....Is this true?

(doubting it but ya'know making sure and all)

Edited by RekliSnipez

Hell, I'm just disturbed by Fraggles...

says the one with a foible for boys calling them Liz Lemon  :huh: