SmashT

July Round-up: "I want the alpha" < "I want the alpha to be good"

FUCK Reddit, over it, Rocket dont wanna post here, over it

Why was the dev blog discontinued and do you plan on starting it up again

" Because devblogs get extensive media coverage, and I don't think that is a good idea right now. Also, we won't do devblogs in a middle of a milestone as most time is spent explaining why something isn't finished or is placeholder. Only time to "show" anything is at the end of a milestone. "

Ahh thanks for letting us know Rocket that there will be no more Dev Blogs..........Ohh guess you forgot to bother telling us all here that

Edited by YZ250
  • Like 3

WHY IS HE TALKING TO REDDIT?!?!!?!

We are the proper fans, we are the ones WHO ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT THE GAME! WE DON'T SIT ON A COMPUTER TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE TURNING 112! WE AREN'T THE CRAZY IDIOTS WHO THINK THAT A REDDIT POST WILL CHANGE THE WORLD, WE ARE THE FANS, WE DESERVE THE INFORMATION! INSTEAD OF HAVING TO GO AND FIND OUT OURSELVES!

ROCKET ISNT EVEN TALKING TO THE MODS FOR ALL I KNOW! HE SAYS HE'S BUSY! WELL HE'S BUSY ENOUGH TO POST ON REDDIT ISNT HE? WHY NOT US?!!!

" Because devblogs get extensive media coverage, and I don't think that is a good idea right now. Also, we won't do devblogs in a middle of a milestone as most time is spent explaining why something isn't finished or is placeholder. Only time to "show" anything is at the end of a milestone. "

AND THERE HE IS! TALKING ON REDDIT! A MAINSTREAM WEBSITE THAT MEDIA USE!

Ahem...

I don't hate him, I just want him to talk to us fans...instead of REDDIT...I'm still very exited for the SA though...

I'm still gonna wait, even if its centuries for the SA, I'm still gonna wait...

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus
  • Like 3

WHY IS HE TALKING TO REDDIT?!?!!?!

We are the proper fans, we are the ones WHO ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT THE GAME! WE DON'T SIT ON A COMPUTER TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE TURNING 112! WE AREN'T THE CRAZY IDIOTS WHO THINK THAT A REDDIT POST WILL CHANGE THE WORLD, WE ARE THE FANS, WE DESERVE THE INFORMATION! INSTEAD OF HAVING TO GO AND FIND OUT OURSELVES!

ROCKET ISNT EVEN TALKING TO THE MODS FOR ALL I KNOW! HE SAYS HE'S BUSY! WELL HE'S BUSY ENOUGH TO POST ON REDDIT ISNT HE? WHY NOT US?!!!

AND THERE HE IS! TALKING ON REDDIT! A MAINSTREAM WEBSITE THAT MEDIA USE!

Ahem...

I don't hate him, I just want him to talk to us fans...instead of REDDIT...I'm still very exited for the SA though...

I'm still gonna wait, even if its centuries for the SA, I'm still gonna wait...

is it really that hard to click on a link...?

• Like 1

This "us vs. them" attitude is getting really annoying. Stop whining. Grow up.

• Like 5

Ah fine...I'm just angry that we get no info...

Aren't grammar nazis always angry? :D

This behaviour just shows how much everyone loves the game and wants to play it.

Think about when Blizzard was  a good company , they ALWAYS pushed back their releases and they ALWAYS made great games.

Him pushing back the release for the cost of his own reputation ,sadly, just shows how much passion he has for his work.

• Like 1

Ah fine...I'm just angry that we get no info...

Hello there

We get info all the time. It may not be directly inputted here, but thanks to mods and other user etc anything important in Reddit is reposted here shortly afterwards.

It's been explained why R uses Reddit/twitter rather than this forum in general (have a search)

Lets stop on the "them and us thing"

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

This "us vs. them" attitude is getting really annoying. Stop whining. Grow up.

No its not , attitudes like yours is Very annoying. Stop Whining, what are you hear to advise everyone what to say and not say ? Nothing to do with us v them, look a bit deeper at the point some of us were making , but Ahhh why bother , we're supposed to think like you do

Most of that whining people here looks like little kiddies, whom somebody took of their sand toys. :rolleyes:

Go out of your dungeons and watch out the summer, let them do their job like they want it to do. 

These stupid comments against Dean will not change anything!  B)

Hello there

We get info all the time. It may not be directly inputted here, but thanks to mods and other user etc anything important in Reddit is reposted here shortly afterwards.

It's been explained why R uses Reddit/twitter rather than this forum in general (have a search)

Lets stop on the "them and us thing"

Rgds

LoK

Ah fine....Not in a good mood this morning...

Im just going to back outta this thread now...

still im very exited for the SA, and I wish luck to Dean ...

Dean is repeating himself over and over again. He said himself "Don't feed the troll", but it looks like he is exactly doing it. People are angry about the standalone not releasing and Dean seriously tries to calm them down by being reasonable. These people are not angry because Dean made false promises or anything. These people are angry simply because they want to play the game. Even if the game was unplayable, they don't give a sh*t. But Dean told them like 20 times that the alpha is actually pre alpha right now. It is obviously that they don't give a single sh*t about this fact. They just want attention, they want to get lose of their aggressions.

I really don't know why Dean bothers with these people, they will be happy anyway as soons as the SA is out. Sure Dean wants to have conversations with the community, but why is he talking to all the 12 year old kiddies who have no idea about the game anyway?

He could take this wasted time and actually do something productive like talking to people with good ideas or critism about the game not the release date.

• Like 2

To: whiny people whining about whiny people  :rolleyes:

Let people ask/rant because they wonder wth is going on and care about the game, if you don't give a f**k then don't bother about pissing on other users either !

• Like 3

Let people ask/rant because they wonder wth is going on and care about the game, if you don't give a f**k then don't bother about pissing on other users either !

We wouldn't want rocket to think that the voice of spoiled, raging 12 year olds is the voice of the community now would we..

So how does one use reddit as a channel to get real information about the development? All I see on reddit is unofficial people posting replies to week old "threads" or what you call 'em. And the link above is just some Q&A, which does not really answer anything new. Is anything new even happening at all?

Reddit sucks in my opinion since nothing has structure and you have no idea of when something is posted in your area of interest. Why can't we just stick to the forums? Why use reddit when the official website for the mod has always been dayzmod.com?

It's soooo stupid IMHO.

• Like 2

Who cares? The info gets here anyway. In fact, it's probably faster and more efficient to go through Reddit and Twitter. 

is it really that hard to click on a link...?

To be honest, it kind of is for me.  Lol... my job frowns upon some links in reddit.  I spend most of my dayz forum time while at work.  That is why I really appreciate when people copy n paste what is said on other sites to the forums.  I do not use reddit, twatter, or anything other than FB.   :thumbsup:

So how does one use reddit as a channel to get real information about the development? All I see on reddit is unofficial people posting replies to week old "threads" or what you call 'em. And the link above is just some Q&A, which does not really answer anything new. Is anything new even happening at all?

Reddit sucks in my opinion since nothing has structure and you have no idea of when something is posted in your area of interest. Why can't we just stick to the forums? Why use reddit when the official website for the mod has always been dayzmod.com?

It's soooo stupid IMHO.

Easy.

Just bookmark this link - http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns and check it daily. Rocket is constantly posting and responding not only to suggestions, but direct criticisms. I 100% laud him for it.

You can also click on the context link below each comment to get an idea of the context in which Dean replied.

That's all I've been doing and to be honest I've gotten more interesting/useful information than trawling through this thread and listening to people bitch at each other. It's a game ffs.  :rolleyes:

Edited by CapricornOne
  • Like 3

Easy.

Just bookmark this link - http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns and check it daily. Rocket is constantly posting and responding not only to suggestions, but direct criticisms. I 100% laud him for it.

You can also click on the context link below each comment to get an idea of the context in which Dean replied.

That's all I've been doing and to be honest I've gotten more interesting/useful information than trawling through this thread and listening to people bitch at each other. It's a game ffs.  :rolleyes:

awesome, thanks for this crash course on Reddit.    :beans:

Edited by twinturbonet

Couldn't agree more. Too many people putting their time into making people ranting look like idiots. Being a member since June last year, me and a few others have been getting impatient for a while now.

Yeah, I know there haven't been any promises.. But there's been estimated dates, and those seems to have been broken. 

Who cares? The info gets here anyway. In fact, it's probably faster and more efficient to go through Reddit and Twitter. 

The info? Ah alright, you mean the fact that DayZ is still in pre alpha and how Dean is fighting with 12 years old kids. Because exactly this is 90% of the "info" which was repeated millions of times over the last view weeks, for every f*cking single person which states an unimportant, stupid and subjective criticism which is obviously coming from an unpatient raging kid who has nothingin common with the DayZ-Hardcore Gamers. Why does Dean seriously think that these people who post stinking bullsh*t on reddit are part of the community? They are haters or unpatient kids. He won't change that, regardless how often he will repeat the same words again and again and again.

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 2

The info? Ah alright, you mean the fact that DayZ is still in pre alpha and how Dean is fighting with 12 years old kids. Because exactly this is 90% of the "info" which was repeated millions of times over the last view weeks, for every f*cking single person which states an unimportant, stupid and subjective criticism which is obviously coming from an unpatient raging kid who has nothingin common with the DayZ-Hardcore Gamers. Why does Dean seriously think that these people who post stinking bullsh*t on reddit are part of the community? They are haters or unpatient kids. He won't change that, regardless how often he will repeat the same words again and again and again.

I think he felt partly responsible for bringing his own opinions up without realizing people would treat it like DayZ doctrine. 

There's no smoke without fire- we wouldn't have had this situation to begin with if dean wouldn't have gone off and talking about clearly impossible release dates, people don't go hyped without reason.

The devblog never gets updated then poff suddenly rocket comes out of the hiding and talks about release around the corner, and wanting to push out the game ASAP.

Ive followed the shit out of reddit, twitter, and the interviews and he's clearly stating a soon release in all of these, and this "internal week" is clearly bullshit because they obviously have no clue when to release the game since they broke the "stable alpha" they had in june.

And honestly why pissing on users when they are quoting and asking? Rocket himself has even admitted his faults and come with strange excuses like "I wasn't lying, I was just wrong" thus rage is inevitable so crying out "whiny 12yo" doesn't make you look any older or mature or put you in any "cool club" if anythings all I see is a bunch of try-hards.

All we want to do is to move on from the DayZ mod(s) and start playing the DayZ standalone, we wan't to support this game regardless of the bugs, we want to bring our friends into this, maybe record and post some game play on youtube, maybe even report bugs and give good feedback so that rocket and the rest can work on improving the game even more.

• Like 4

I think he felt partly responsible for bringing his own opinions up without realizing people would treat it like DayZ doctrine. 

Hello there

I dont think he can be responsible for how others choose to take his words.

He's not the Messiah.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1