SmashT

July Round-up: "I want the alpha" < "I want the alpha to be good"

That's pretty much how game development works.

That's pretty much how game development works.

Especially as we now have another heir to the Lizard Crown.

All hail the Secret Order!

The SA delays go as planned, soon we can reap the tears and push up steam prices. These foolish users have no idea of the vengeance we wreak.

Rgds

Ober OrLoK

Illuminati High Priest 3rd class

oops! ignore that.

Edited by orlok
  • Like 11

Especially as we now have another heir to the Lizard Crown.

All hail the Secret Order!

The SA delays go as planned, soon we can reap the tears and push up steam prices. These foolish users have no idea of the vengeance we wreak.

Rgds

Ober OrLoK

Illuminati High Priest 3rd class

oops! ignore that.

Wait, your just gonna give us Polybius with the DayZ cover for SA, and men in black will collect data every day from our computer.

This may sound bad, but its almost like Rocket has gone over to the business side of things, totally ignoring fans and speaking on mainstream sites like twitter and reddit, sites which get a tonne of money in advertising... 

Oh yes, it's been clear all along that Rocket is a money-grubbing whore....what with his staunch anti-free-to-play/pay-to-win stance, and refusal to release the standalone until he deems it a worthy upgrade over the mod. He's a bad man, indeed. 

Edited by Drunk in Cherno

Oh yes, it's been clear all along that Rocket is a money-grubbing whore....what with his staunch anti-free-to-play/pay-to-win stance, and refusal to release the standalone until he deems it a worthy upgrade over the mod. He's a bad man, indeed. 

jqncrt.png

• Like 7

I wasn't saying that, I'm saying that he should talk to his fans rather than blab on reddit...
  • Like 1

#illuminati #iwanttobelieve 

Client side bubble talk is very exciting.

I know we arent to expect much but if rocket and co pull this off well, will we have insurgency type hitreg?

On a side note here.. this thread once again makes it clear just how thick headed some, ahw fuck it.. MOST people are. Rocket's PR skills may not be fully up to snuff but I see that as a perk rather then a weakness. We don't need PR managers shoving horseshit (from the mocapping perhaps) up our throats while anyone with half a brain can see trough it.

Rocket gives us what he has and all the hyping done about release dates and such come from people miss-translating, missinterpreting or simply not properly reading the info that was put out there.

I see a lot of people on these forums trying to discuss this issue with the less intelligent beings among us. But it will always be like playing chess with a pigeon: No matter how well you do, the damn thing is just gonna knock over the pieces, crap all over the board and strut around like it is victorious.

Best to just leave them to the illusion while the rest of us just get the Alpha when it's ready and running.

• Like 5

I wasn't saying that, I'm saying that he should talk to his fans rather than blab on reddit...

I agree he should be more active here but im sure the bloke has his reasons.

jqncrt.png

I also saw this as it happened in chat.

Therefore it must be FACT.

L

Actually I think it would be better for all of us, specially mods (because they end up getting the crap by protecting rocket), that he just stops talking to the public -period-, stop mentioning or hinting release dates at all and then twist the words because things didn't go as planned.

Talk is cheap and when you cannot communicate properly to begin with then it's a wasteland garage sale.

A recommendation to everyone: if rocket speaks/post whatever on reddit, says whatever on interviews, DON'T BLOODY LISTEN!

If someone else from the devteam mentions a date, then maybe take it in but everything else IGNORE.

Now days when I think of game related PR I can't help but think of Colonial Marines.  For me that pretty much opitimises the polar opposite of what we get from the DayZ devs and for that I'm truly thankful.

Dat production quality.

Now listen to all that hype and bollocks, then go and read a review of the game or worse still, play it.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 7

rocket said this, rocket said that, whaa whaa whaa, who gives a crap what he said.

I a fan, will relish the SA when it comes out and chuckle at peoples whiney comments before, during and after.

MAN UP!

I also saw this as it happened in chat.

Therefore it must be FACT.

L

I'm very disappointed, I thought he had a Ferrari :(

Now days when I think of game related PR I can't help but think of Colonial Marines.  For me that pretty much opitimises the polar opposite of what we get from the DayZ devs and for that I'm truly thankful.

Dat production quality.

Now listen to all that hype and bollocks, then go and read a review of the game or worse still, play it.

Modern day dev diaries share some of the same trades as motivational speeches in pyramid scheme meetings. All the nerdy developers have clearly had a visit from a stylist with a preference for clean clothes, they are all about as motivated and sincere as Tom Cruise on Oprah and the video is cut and edited worse than a MTV video, because the developers can't act worth a damn and can't both remember more than a line from the script they are asked to read from the PR department, who demands they have to used the word amazing, immersing, story line, sandbox, cutting edge, sandbox, story telling, innovative, mostest awesommest, sandbox and sandbox in every sentence and maintain the enthusiasm of a five year old on Christmas eve, hopped up on Ritalin and too much sugar.

• Like 7

I thought it was very refreshing when I sat up watching the E3 stream. Hour after hour of devs talking about how their game essentially were blowjobs on a disc, with standard trope words (like the ones listed by Dallas above). Then Dean arrived and started talking about every other game but his and just casually chatting with the interviewer which to me just showed honesty and enthusiasm.

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 7

I thought it was very refreshing when I sat up watching the E3 stream. Hour after hour of devs talking about how their game essentially were blowjobs on a disc, with standard trope words (like the ones lised by Dallas above). Then Dean arrived and started talking about every other game but his which and just casually chatting with the interviewer which to me just showed honesty and enthusiasm.

very true.....this is what makes this game so special, it is made by a gamer and his team of lunatics  :)  but to hear Rocket talking about prison architect and other games he is using as an inspiration sounds for the ordinary casual player as strange as playing without auto healing and team speak...

I see a lot of people on these forums trying to discuss this issue with the less intelligent beings among us. But it will always be like playing chess with a pigeon: No matter how well you do, the damn thing is just gonna knock over the pieces, crap all over the board and strut around like it is victorious.

Best analogy ever.

No... YOU are shitting all over the chessboard and pretending you won...

Yess!! I win again! See?

Edited by codestargod

Hi Guys,

I'm from Germany and there the most people say that DayZ SA is coming in August.

Is that right or not??

Hi Guys,

I'm from Germany and there the most people say that DayZ SA is coming in August.

Is that right or not??

There is no release date.

yeah there is no release date but do they know in which timeframe they release the alpha??

Hopefully it is coming this year!

Edited by Ani124