rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

Can we control the size of the quickbar? as in change interface size

it looks a bit too big, in my opinion

• Like 1

Great pix !

Rocket, please have a look to the 1.7.7 mod that is waiting for a long time now to be valided.

Don't forget DayZ was a mod :)

This because it would help us kill some time before E3, if they can release it before E3 of course.

/Oh forgot to thanks for the screens :D Inventory is looking good and I like that grass.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Thank you

can anyone tell me the estimated time till standalone if they know about it??

Edited by NotSoCivil

pretty sure the quickbar will only be visible when you're in your inventory.

• Like 1

Presumably, since DayZ already allows you to change UI size. I hope they allow for changing specific parts though, as you said.

pretty sure the quickbar will only be visible when you're in your inventory.

Hopefully that's true, more things on the screen ruin the immersion
  • Like 5

The inventory looks really great, Rocket. However, it does need some polishing I see. Also, the character model looks really quite terrible, what's that all about? Playing on a low-spec PC? Either way, this progression is really getting me excited, thanks for the screens!

:/ ...but i really wanted to have a quick'n'dirty Q&A thingy....

e.g. Did you even touch your medic-systems? will there be text-messages like "your forhead is hot" and if so will there possibly be then also text-messages to describe conditions also for example for repairing stuff or crafting tools?...and so on... i'm more the written info guy you know. but cool everyone's happy at the moment ;)

edit:

i'm not sure about the inventory... it plainly is in need of getting used to i guess, but as long as it fulfills its purpose i'm ok with it

Edited by joe_mcentire

I hope there will be a separate animation, removing the backpack, when you access the pack from the quickbar so it physically take more time :)

Yup. Not implemented yet but it's captured

• Like 9

:/ ...but i really wanted to have a quick'n'dirty Q&A thingy....

e.g. Did you even touch your medic-systems? will there be text-messages like "your forhead is hot" and if so will there possibly be then also text-messages tp describe conditions also for example in repairing stuff or crafting stuff?...and so on... i'm more the written info guy you know. but cool everyone's happy at the moment ;)

The reason for no devblog is the entire ArmA and DayZ mod damage systems have been removed and I'm rewriting it from scratch. It's not much fun! But it will be good once done. The forum topic on medical systems here has been a huge inspiration.

• Like 12

can anyone tell me the estimated time till standalone if they know about it??

Think it's about 3 hours odd..

The reason for no devblog is the entire ArmA and DayZ mod damage systems have been removed and I'm rewriting it from scratch.

that's some talking! from scratch meaning like.....? any tiny insights?

The inventory screen is REALLY ugly. Here's to hoping it's a place holder.

• Like 1

The reason for no devblog is the entire ArmA and DayZ mod damage systems have been removed and I'm rewriting it from scratch. It's not much fun! But it will be good once done. The forum topic on medical systems here has been a huge inspiration.

I'm too hoping that the medical system is far more extensive. The medics in the community must be bored with "Broken legs, Morphine, done. Bleeding, bandages, done." I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

• Like 1

Heres something, I hope you can't put tins of beans in your jean pockets? Along with other things that shouldn't fit.

I mean the drinks bottle could fit or a can of coke, the water canteens not. etc

Edited by thehet

I can't be the only one here who thinks that second screenshot looks exactly the same as Arma 2.. <_<

Heres something, I hope you can't put tins of beans in your jean pockets? Along with other things that shouldn't fit.

I believe that is how it's gonna work. In the PAX devblog you saw that an AK took up more blocks than, say, a pistol mag. Something really cool would be like a diablo-style inventory where items actually have shape within the inventory, so you can slot things in wherever they fit, as opposed to an item just taking up a predefined number of slots. Edited by Rage VG

rocket! just tell me. where do you need any stimuli? at which regions? ...i mean game-wise...of course.. blood-bag-paradox? humanity-system-horror? we could give suggestions!!! where? let me be your muse!

• Like 1

The inventory screen is REALLY ugly. Here's to hoping it's a place holder.

Looks better than last time, but yes, still a bit ugly.

Also, closed alpha build being alpha, this is probably just a placeholder.

To all of the guys posting about how amazing the screenshot looks; are you all playing the current mod on the lowest graphic settings or something? It looks IDENTICAL to the current DayZ, no more realistic AT ALL.

I'm currently using the highest possible settings for ArmA II, and there's not a single bit of difference. I was totally psyched for everything getting a revamp, but this has thoroughly disappointed me.

• Like 2

SHUT THE FUCK UP DEAN AND TAKE MY MONEY!

so awesome ;)

great job!!

I mean the drinks bottle could fit or a can of coke, the water canteens not. etc

I believe that is how it's gonna work. In the PAX devblog you saw that an AK took up more blocks than, say, a pistol mag. Something really cool would be like a diablo-style inventory where items actually have shape within the inventory, so you can slot things in wherever they fit, as opposed to an item just taking up a predefined number of slots.

Agree but you have to remember that there are jeans that can't take as much as some trousers. It depends how far you want to go in this simulation.

• Like 1