rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

rocket! just tell me. where do you need any stimuli? at which regions? ...i mean game-wise...of course.. blood-bag-paradox? humanity-system-horror? we could give suggestions!!! where? let me be your muse!

edit as self-quote: this is my darkest moment...despicable satisfying ingratiation

Edited by joe_mcentire

Agree but you have to remember that there are jeans that can't take as much as some trousers. It depends how far you want to go in this simulation.

The solution... Have different pants!

Standalone aside, (Appreciate the info) but at this moment I am more interested as a fellow adventurer on your experience of Everest, any chance you could enlighten us?

Would be nice to hear of your trial and tribulations of such a momentus journey.

Well done, I am proud to be a part of this community and impressed with your grit and determination.

Did you get any Yeti teeth to add to your neck tooth?

P.S. what kind of set up will I need for such impressive graphics?

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

The inventory screen is REALLY ugly. Here's to hoping it's a place holder.

they are still working on it so it will be better soon

To any comments about an ugly UI or that the field looks the same, you are going to be disappointed. They will not substantially suddenly enhance their prettiness.

While we could devote resources to making the game more sparkly - we aren't. We're devoting resources to making more functionality. DayZ is not a game that is about sexy graphics - I really thought this would be dead obvious.

The game engine was rewritten from being a FPS to an MMO, a huge undertaking of which you will see no visual difference whatsoever. If you want to play an FPS there is ArmA3, if you want to play an MMO, you'll have DayZ.

• Like 33

To all of the guys posting about how amazing the screenshot looks; are you all playing the current mod on the lowest graphic settings or something? It looks IDENTICAL to the current DayZ, no more realistic AT ALL.

I'm currently using the highest possible settings for ArmA II, and there's not a single bit of difference. I was totally psyched for everything getting a revamp, but this has thoroughly disappointed me.

The grass and the roads are different comparing to the old Chernarus (and of course the lighting but that's old stuff already). I don't know has anyone said there's a real graphical progress which there in reality isn't comparing to devblogs.

Edited by St. Jimmy

SHUT THE FUCK UP DEAN AND TAKE MY MONEY!

so awesome ;)

great job!!

Did you get any Yeti teeth to add to your neck tooth?

I dont think Matt went with him

• Like 1

Console kiddies : Graphics = best game ever.

as long as dayZ has a good gameplay i will love it :)

Edited by NotSoCivil

I don't see the "ugly" inventory UI a problem. It's good to stay simple.

Hope we can buy the game on steam early access in june....

• Like 8

To any comments about an ugly UI or that the field looks the same, you are going to be disappointed. They will not substantially suddenly enhance their prettiness.

While we could devote resources to making the game more sparkly - we aren't. We're devoting resources to making more functionality. DayZ is not a game that is about sexy graphics - I really thought this would be dead obvious.

The game engine was rewritten from being a FPS to an MMO, a huge undertaking of which you will see no visual difference whatsoever. If you want to play an FPS there is ArmA3, if you want to play an MMO, you'll have DayZ.

I'm not saying that it's ugly, what I'm saying is that there is no improvement over ArmA II. As it stands, with everything ramped up ArmA II can be a beautiful game. The point I was making is that all of the people saying "ZOMG I CAN SMELL THE GRASS ITS SO REALISTIC" are obviously looking at these shots through some rose tinted fanboy glasses, or they're playing the current mod on very low settings.

I'm still looking forward to standalone, I guess I was just expecting things to be a little prettier

• Like 6

what are your next steps - loosely speaking - going to be in the following weeks?

• Like 4

Looking good. The inventory/UI does need a bit more visual polish even if functionality is obviously most important at this point. That font needs to go :)

• Like 7

Agree but you have to remember that there are jeans that can't take as much as some trousers. It depends how far you want to go in this simulation.

Well of course, I don't expect a vest to carry as much as a jacket. Same goes for something like a drawstring bag and a hiker's pack.

I'm not saying that it's ugly, what I'm saying is that there is no improvement over ArmA II. As it stands, with everything ramped up ArmA II can be a beautiful game. The point I was making is that all of the people saying "ZOMG I CAN SMELL THE GRASS ITS SO REALISTIC" are obviously looking at these shots through some rose tinted fanboy glasses, or they're playing the current mod on very low settings.

I'm still looking forward to standalone, I guess I was just expecting things to be a little prettier

it is really easy to be carried away by the hype. i think it is for us, for Dean and for the game the best to stay "unbiased" and critical at all times. everything else would turn the whole thing into a piece of garbage. or we could found a party and do campaigns.

The inventory screen is REALLY ugly. Here's to hoping it's a place holder.

You know what W.I.P means, right?

Looking good. The inventory/UI does need a bit more visual polish even if functionality is obviously most important at this point. That font needs to go :)

Agreed, I never liked the font since they posted the first screenshot with it.

96673a7db441ecbbd374fd07b4a3455b.png

It will look different. Pfft.

Edited by DayZCommander

Well I've yet to play DayZ Standalone above medium, because I develop and play on a laptop.

We have considered graphical improvements, such as DX11 - but doing something like that WILL delay the project by one/two years. Not only does a large amount of code need to be rewritten - but you have a great deal of art to be change (like, nearly everything). I'm really repeating myself on this topic for the millionth time.

• Like 10

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg Edited by spiry3_

Kinda reminds me of the time I wrote a proposal in the Air Force for how we handled our corporate insurance claims, which would have saved the my unit 250k per quarter and I handed it to my CO and he said "Why didn't you use a different font for the headings from the body?" and I felt like taking the proposal off him and saying "I think you've had enough internet for one day".

• Like 18

To be fair, graphics have never meant much to me. If they're great, then great, but I'd rather a dull but practical UI to a fancy but confusing one.

Of course, that's just my opinion. Whilst it's certainly not a positive that the UI won't be more detailed, I don't feel that it's entirely negative.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 2

Kinda reminds me of the time I wrote a proposal in the Air Force for how we handled our corporate insurance claims, which would have saved the my unit 250k per quarter and I handed it to my CO and he said "Why didn't you use a different font for the headings from the body?" and I felt like taking the proposal off him and saying "I think you've had enough internet for one day".

now you are shitting us!? what?