rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

This one I enjoyed.

Wow, some of that I didn't know beans for that. That guy can talk really fast! :o

Where do these Idiots come from ?

They are like dwarves. They just spring out of the ground.. lol

• Like 2

i hope you mean the hackers...otherwise...

insults: Yuck!

check-mate counterargument: YAY!

i hope you mean the hackers...otherwise...

insults: Yuck!

check-mate counterargument: YAY!

Don't care what your opinion is, go lecture someone else. Sick of reading fucktards with 5 Posts to their names spruiking. I WANT THE SA NOW ! or "Rocket, if you watch this, read this, you should faster give all people taste SA. Why?? Becouse if you not doing that, i and people will be play in ARMA 3 DayZ mod. So, what you choise?? Going to another Everest, or realease SA now."

• Like 2

Don't care what your opinion is, go lecture someone else. Sick of reading fucktards with 5 Posts to their names spruiking. I WANT THE SA NOW ! or "Rocket, if you watch this, read this, you should faster give all people taste SA. Why?? Becouse if you not doing that, i and people will be play in ARMA 3 DayZ mod. So, what you choise?? Going to another Everest, or realease SA now."

do something like this (lecturing you):

Rocket, if you watch this, read this, you should faster give all people taste SA. Why?? Becouse if you not doing that, i and people will be play in ARMA 3 DayZ mod. So, what you choise?? Going to another Everest, or realease SA now.

:o :o :o

the messiah!! HE HAS ARRIVED!! DO AS HE WISHES!! Immediately...

well in my case, i either completely ignore/read over such posts (why shall i give them any attention) or try to laugh about them, if they somehow amuse me and are witty like this very specimen.

btw. ;) not lecturing you ...I AM LECTURING the MODS!

Edited by joe_mcentire

Ahh ok, clearly your English is not very good, cause I have no frigging Idea what your on about

Edited by YZ250

Rocket, if you watch this, read this, you should faster give all people taste SA. Why?? Becouse if you not doing that, i and people will be play in ARMA 3 DayZ mod. So, what you choise?? Going to another Everest, or realease SA now.

You give Groovers a bad name, pal.

• Like 5

Ahh ok, clearly your English is not very good, cause I have no frigging Idea what your on about

ok... :(

why do you have to insult ...insult me like that :( ? i wasn't..I... was just trying to be... friendly...

ok... :(

why do you have to insult ...insult me like that :( ? i wasn't..I... was just trying to be... friendly...

Sorry man but i have no idea what you are trying to say, must be a language barrier, for that I apologise

Might be a tad high alright, but in all fairness claiming it's going to be an F title over one simple grammar error is just baffling to me. (Sarcasm sensor off).

Battlefield 3 had quite a few grammar and/or spelling errors at the MP loading screen tips and it's still considered AAA, so they mean nothing I guess :P

They are like dwarves. They just spring out of the ground.. lol

I know where they all come from....they are all living underground in a tube called you :P

Arma has always been a game for a more closed and more mature community and this also goes for DayZ in the very beginning and as it was originally designed by Rocket . Its huge success (and the zombie hype in general) now brings us also all the internet crap like casual players, CoD kids, Rhinowhinos, selfmade experts and all other kind of idiots.There is no way to avoid this and it will even get worse during the next months (after release).Beside this Rocket is going sometimes let's say very unconventional ways for a game developer which brings us on one hand such an awsome game but also more trouble and missunderstandings sometimes. because the avarage gamer is not used to this.

Lets take the road screenshot for example...they made new road decals, new landscape tectures..better textures for the gras, improved the lod rendering and shadows etc etc and if you will be ingame you will for sure notice that the scenery looks much better than before allthough it is actually looking the same.... :blink: The devs can see this on the provided screenshot...most people of course can not (not blaming anyone) so we end up with fanboys posting "wohooooo this looks phenomenal"...other people posting "shit this looks like the mod grass, a road and trees like everwhere in Chernarus" and maybe a few thinking hmm nice new road decals will probably look awesome ingame later on....

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 3

Just watching a stream last night and the group were in a Chinook, for streaming purposes it was great they could move around the map and get into fights quicker. You cant but not be impressed with the game engine when the Big heli spools down after landing and everyone piles out on the loot or trying to secure the area.

Its great stuff even had a player appear out of the blue try and nick the heli when the group were out of it.

With the restriction in the SA at first I understand but will we see such heavy gear like the Heli further down the line????? To me it makes the whole game more interesting. Even if your just playing solo it must be great seeing something fly over to encourage you on. I don’t want flying gunships over powered all over the place but the transport Heli’s would have been used in any evacuation to a clear Zone…

Edited by sav112
  • Like 1

Battlefield 3 had quite a few grammar and/or spelling errors at the MP loading screen tips and it's still considered AAA, so they mean nothing I guess :P

Clearly everybodys main language is not english. There is a big world out there.

Clearly everybodys main language is not english. There is a big world out there.

But the easiest language to learn lol :D

Is someone really saying that people will play dayz mod for arma3 if SA isnt realeased "now"... or that arma3's mod is equal or better than coming SA?

Right... mod will be always a mod, with its restrictions.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

^exactly. Even if people are dissapointed with the initial SA release (which I'm sure many will be as they seem to be expecting a lot more than is planned for the early stages) the fact is it will be supported and continue to evolve into something pretty special (hopefully) without restraints (apart from money/time ect.). The mod, will always be wrestling with the fact that it is a mod and has many limits that hold it back, fundamentally the modders can't access the engine.

I'll certainly keep my eye on the mod and I may not play the SA straight away (I haven't played the mod for months) depending on how much content there is on initial release but the fact is that in the long-run the mod just won't be able to compete.

Edited by Fraggle

If the SA isn't released right now, I'll play something else right now. :)

• Like 6

There's a difference between something only the programmers should see and something being promoted on social networks.

You pretty much said why I like this development style.

the downfall of our community.... on reddit there is another "-gate" going on after cangate, now fontgate.... i don't like the direction our community is going right at the moment. and therefore i'd like to thank dean to stay strong! keep ignoring this "uprising of the rabble" :P

the downfall of our community.... on reddit there is another "-gate" going on after cangate, now fontgate.... i don't like the direction our community is going right at the moment. and therefore i'd like to thank dean to stay strong! keep ignoring this "uprising of the rabble" :P

Font-gate lol. Don't let the whole community get tarred with one brush. Any community has it's fair share of tools, this one is no different I guess.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

Possibly we will add more graphical goodness, but my preference would be to build a system where people load their own skins onto it.

It's like... You took a good idea, and made it even fucking better.

oh i c 3% crit hat , 5+ stamina and 15% run speed boots, 2% accuracy +5 strenght gloves, 10% damage deduction 6 socket brown hoodie and 5% damage reduction 6 socket green pants

Edited by ibux