rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

This is exactly why this game is going to be an F title..

F as in "Fantastic, Fabulous, Fun, Fcuking Amazing title". *Scratches head in bewilderment*

And before you correct my "Fcuking" because it's spelt wrong, who really cares about some simple grammar mistake. Ha cheers for the laugh.

F as in "Fantastic, Fabulous, Fun, Fcuking Amazing title". *Scratches head in bewilderment*

And before you correct my "Fcuking" because it's spelt wrong, who really cares about some simple grammar mistake. Ha cheers for the laugh.

I think you need to tune your sarcasm sensors. But it's possible mine need the tuning instead of yours, I am not so sure :/
  • Like 1

All I want in terms of graphics is the roads not to look retarded. Seeing the texture on the road being squashed together to create lines in the road that only appear up to around a 5 meter radius of my character is really immersion breaking.

I think you need to tune your sarcasm sensors. But it's possible mine need the tuning instead of yours, I am not so sure :/

Might be a tad high alright, but in all fairness claiming it's going to be an F title over one simple grammar error is just baffling to me. (Sarcasm sensor off).

• Like 2

All I want in terms of graphics is the roads not to look retarded. Seeing the texture on the road being squashed together to create lines in the road that only appear up to around a 5 meter radius of my character is really immersion breaking.

now if that is your only wish ;)

CNN is full of sh*t too!!

351s903.jpg

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

I really like the idea of the new inventory, and I don't mean to be rude, but to me it looks like it's been made to look ugly by choice. :D

But after all it's really inspiring. Here's how I would like to see it in the future (maybe somewhere after the alpha stage..?):

nLqeNcS.jpg

I put about one hour of effort to that, most of which to separate the items from the old background. :)

ur right. this looks a bit more tidy (parallel boxes @ player menu, those red and green boxen replaced with something more "polite"). But this are just some small details which can be changed very quickly with a future patch and i do not expect things like that to be implemented in an early alpha phase but in a future patch.

Edited by Donlod

Also, I'm really starting to wonder what it would take to please you. What would it take to make you happy?

Something not drawn in MSPaint. Keep in mind here, these are images that the lead developer is promoting.

Just look above, or at other examples on reddit. Random people off the internet, who spend less than an hour, are making mock ups infinitely better. That's less than an hour of work from unqualified people.

The bottom line is that most people who don't like what rocket is dishing out won't post here about it. They lose their interest and move on to something else. It doesn't matter how much fans on this forum try to discredit the voice of reason.

Edited by gummy52

Let me just clarify I wasn't serious! Nor do I care whether he writes "is" or "are" or "peaches"... In fact "No DevBlog this week but here peaches some screenshots" would have made me happy. And to add, I think the game is going to be F for Fcuking Amazing title, as you suggested. I can already feel my addiction starting.

And in response to Fraggle... If I think about the fact that he doesn't wear a suit, I start to cry. So don't even get me started.

• Like 1

Something not drawn in MSPaint. Keep in mind here, these are images that the lead developer is promoting.

Just look above, or at other examples on reddit. Random people off the internet, who spend less than an hour, are making mock ups infinitely better. That's less than an hour of work from unqualified people.

The bottom line is that most people who don't like what rocket is dishing out won't post here about it. They lose their interest and move on to something else. It doesn't matter how much fans on this forum try to discredit the voice of reason.

Those people spend an hour in Photoshop. There's a difference between making a non-functional mock-up and making a fully functional inventory.

And why would they spend time making it look pretty when it's subject to change at any moment? I mean really, even if they changed the size of a small box or change the shape of something, they'd have to change the art that goes with it. It would uselessly take up time they could be spending improvingnits functionality.

And for the love, no one is going to lose interest in a game because the inventory looks somewhat ugly, except for maybe you.

Edited by colekern
  • Like 7

I am frequently critical of Rocket's choices/reasons. This isn't one of them. If he/they make a few I disagree with, I'm still going to enjoy their product immensely.

What is the problem? There is a difference between constructive feedback, a critical viewpoint, griping, complaining, bitching, and being a dick. In that order.

Edited by Katana67

The bottom line is that most people who don't like what rocket is dishing out won't post here about it.

There really is no point to posting anything negative since everyone will just claim you are a troll. You post negative things on the DayZ Reddit and all you get is down-voted to oblivion. I mean look at rhinoCRUNCH, he posts his opinion about DayZ Standalone and now everyone mobs his videos with negative comments and dislikes. I feel as though the DayZ followers have turned into a cult that worships everything Dean says/does. He can apparently do no wrong...

There really is no point to posting anything negative since everyone will just claim you are a troll. You post negative things on the DayZ Reddit and all you get is down-voted to oblivion. I mean look at rhinoCRUNCH, he posts his opinion about DayZ Standalone and now everyone mobs his videos with negative comments and dislikes. I feel as though the DayZ followers have turned into a cult that worships everything Dean says/does. He can apparently do no wrong...

He posted a libelist rant attacking Rocket's integrity and acted on false assumptions. I'm sorry, Rocket, Jimmy from down the street, God, the mailman... doesn't matter who the subject of such an attack is, defense in that regard shouldn't be interpreted as a "cult".

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Anyone commented on the green jeans yet?

If you happened to see me in the 80s you might have seen me wearing stonewash jeans.

If you happened to see me in the early 90s you might have seen me wearing black jeans.

If you happened to see me in the mid 90s I may or may not have bought a pair of white jeans by mistake.

But I have never... ever owned a pair of green jeans and I can tell you right now, I wont be wearing any green jeans in the standalone.

• Like 3

He posted a libelist rant attacking Rocket's integrity and acted on false assumptions. I'm sorry, Rocket, Jimmy from down the street, God, the mailman... doesn't matter who the subject of such an attack is, defense in that regard shouldn't be interpreted as a "cult".

It's not just about the rhinoCRUNCH incident. It seems that anyone that is critical about anything regarding DayZ Standalone is labeled as a troll. I've lurked this forum for quite some time and every time I've seen a negative topic posted, it usually ends up in the graveyard after a few days. It seems you aren't allowed to have an opinion on anything unless it paints DayZ Standalone in a positive light.

It's not just about the rhinoCRUNCH incident. It seems that anyone that is critical about anything regarding DayZ Standalone is labeled as a troll. I've lurked this forum for quite some time and every time I've seen a negative topic posted, it usually ends up in the graveyard after a few days. It seems you aren't allowed to have an opinion on anything unless it paints DayZ Standalone in a positive light.

Well I frequently disagree with things in DayZ and things in SA, yet I'm still here. There's no weight in these "negative" and "positive" connotations you cite. Nobody's opinion is being suppressed.

To me, this just is a blaring example about how people think that disagreement is somehow more honorable than agreement. When in reality, placing preference on one or the other is useless. It's also an example of how few people know how to make a critical argument, vice just trolling and/or being negative in the literal sense of the word.

I've been on these forums for a while, as an active poster and avid reader. I'd say, as a conservative estimate, that 70-80% of so-called "negative" opinions, are either expressed in a way that is purposefully combative (trolling) or are based on illogical premises.

Like I said in reference to another poster, there's constructive feedback, taking a critical viewpoint, griping, complaining, bitching, then being a dick. Most people fall on the latter three rather than the former three.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

Anyone commented on the green jeans yet?

If you happened to see me in the 80s you might have seen me wearing stonewash jeans.

If you happened to see me in the early 90s you might have seen me wearing black jeans.

If you happened to see me in the mid 90s I may or may not have bought a pair of white jeans by mistake.

But I have never... ever owned a pair of green jeans and I can tell you right now, I wont be wearing any green jeans in the standalone.

I have one word as to why one would wear green jeans.

Camouflage.

• Like 2

Those people spend an hour in Photoshop. There's a difference between making a non-functional mock-up and making a fully functional inventory.

And why would they spend time making it look pretty when it's subject to change at any moment? I mean really, even if they changed the size of a small box or change the shape of something, they'd have to change the art that goes with it. It would uselessly take up time they could be spending improvingnits functionality.

There's a difference between something only the programmers should see and something being promoted on social networks.

no one is going to lose interest in a game because the inventory looks somewhat ugly

But that's wrong. They will; and there's a difference between 'somewhat ugly' and embarrassingly deplorable.

Edited by gummy52

@gummy, why does it matter to you?

If the SA loses customers due to a rough screen it matters to me not a whit. Even Dean has stated he's not really worried about losing a few here or there. Surely its the end result that matters?

This is more a labour of love than a fully fledged AAA game.

Footage has already been leaked, so its better to get proper info about it from the devs rather than folk making false assumptions.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 5

But that's wrong. They will; and there's a difference between 'somewhat ugly' and embarrassingly deplorable.

I'd hardly say that this WIP UI is deplorable. 'embarrassingly deplorable' is just hyperbole.

And sorry to be a pedantic Grammar Nazi, but really you shouldn't use a semicolon followed by an 'and', the semicolon already does the job of the 'and' by separating the two clauses. In effect there you are saying 'They will and and there's a difference...'

@gummy, why does it matter to you?

If the SA loses customers due to a rough screen it matters to me not a whit. Even Dean has stated he's not really worried about losing a few here or there. Surely its the end result that matters?

Other word for "loosing" thos customers : Purifing the DayZ SA community or reducing kos xD

Imao the people who care about the looks of that kind of stuff or graphics in general too much are not made for this game.

Im glad rocket is taking his stand in that point.

Edited by Feanorfeuergeist
  • Like 1

Quick clarification: I'm gonna enjoy the shit out of this game, no matter how the GUI looks like... :)

• Like 2

Other word for "loosing" thos customers : Purifing the DayZ SA community or reducing kos xD

Right, that makes sense. If you think backwards it all makes sense. Now I understand why people are so happy with Dean Hall.

And sorry to be a pedantic Grammar Nazi, but really you shouldn't use a semicolon followed by an 'and', the semicolon already does the job of the 'and' by separating the two clauses. In effect there you are saying 'They will and and there's a difference...'

Sorry; I'm a programmer B)

Edited by gummy52