rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

Hello there

Just looked at the pics on a normal size monitor.

I think the environment is greatly improved. (It was good anyway)

Rgds

LoK

The UI is looking absolutely amazing. I for one don't intend being caught admiring it for to long... Because once the infected can keep better track of you and run indoors, the circumstances will have changed so dramatically that its all about getting in and out as fast as you can before you're over run.

Otherwise its the death screen you'll be admiring.(Then you will have all the time in the world to be astonished by the sparkly sexy graphics).

"Sparkly sexy graphics" brought to you by Rocket...

Keep up the great work Rocket & Co and congrats on the phenomenal achievement climbing Mt.Everest.

Hello there

Just looked at the pics on a normal size monitor.

I think the environment is greatly improved. (It was good anyway)

Rgds

LoK

jap as it seems new road decals :-)...also far away objects and terrain looks much better in the SA

Good evening folks.

Im more one of those readers more than a poster but i can't hold back on this.

I have never felt so great about the development of a game and the course it is taking.

Everytime i read about the direction you ,Rocket and Staff , want the game to go , i just think : "yes , this is what gaming NEEDS"

Go away from graphics and looks and the cousre of "not taking any risks" with new mechanics and features.

I have never trusted a any game developer more , to make the game I WANT and the gaming world needs.

• Like 7

Good evening folks.

Im more one of those readers more than a poster but i can't hold back on this.

I have never felt so great about the development of a game and the course it is taking.

Everytime i read about the direction you ,Rocket and Staff , want the game to go , i just think : "yes , this is what gaming NEEDS"

Go away from graphics and looks and the cousre of "not taking any risks" with new mechanics and features.

I have never trusted a any game developer more , to make the game I WANT and the gaming world needs.

You may have my first beans, sir. I couldn't agree more. I too am more of a reader than poster, but I also felt the need to show some support.

I'm 90% sure this topic was only created to ensure that you stay ahead of Fraggle in the bean warZ. :D

• Like 7

I'm 90% sure this topic was only created to ensure that you stay ahead of Fraggle in the bean warZ. :D

you know fraggle always has the time to shine...but we all know someone has to do the dirty work ;)

so beanz to you! all you unnamed unknown mods! :beans:

I wanna know, will it burn?

Will trees and grass burn? Will a grenade tossed in a building blow it to bits? Can I destroy what others create? Your bases will be charred remains!

Or am I 20 years in the future?

Another example: For Valve's new game DOTA 2, they are letting the community create custom Couriers. And it is going well!

Will trees and grass burn? Will a grenade tossed in a building blow it to bits? Can I destroy what others create? Your bases will be charred remains!

always ask yourself...can arma iii do it? then most likely yes. but i guess not...

Nice Work Centurion !!!

Getting ready for E3

Checklist

- Camping Table

- Folding Chair

- Nametag " Hi my name is Dean"

- RedBull

- Book " How to Handle 1000's of Geeks in tight Confines"

- Sign made by Matt with Crayon on A4 " Bohemia Interactive presents DayZed"

How hard is that to get ready for :D

• Like 5

But the question is...

WILL IT BLEND?

fKfYKok.jpg

Now on-topic, VG247 released two videos of Rocket talking about alpha pricing, method of release and possible special edition. Here are the links:

(talks about the game itself)

(talks about weapons) Edited by Guisho
  • Like 4

always ask yourself...can arma iii do it? then most likely yes. but i guess not...

Arma 2 could do it, we'll, certain buildings could at least.

Another example that sticks with the relative simplicity.

uF7KwE7.jpg

I hope you improve what you have. I know not all players care, but I think some attention here can make the difference between an awesome game and the hit of the year.

• Like 7

What about weapon swaps, because with ammo being scarce for many of your guns, mid battle you will most definitely have a few where you must swap weapons . will it be quick and easy?

---Looks awesome by the way, keep up the great work!!

I think it would be grand if a person could carry two long guns... a long rifle (bolt action) for sniping and a shorter one maybe a shotty or a grease gun slung around the back

Now... I'm really scared

BLnT7RlCIAE2cni.jpg

Slenderman Zombies confirmed for the SA :P

omg, where the eff do you guys find these truly odd vids... you go scavenging the weird part of the internet?

Wait, so Dean said in the second video that loot will be area specific so you don't get M16's spawning in houses. I have 2 M16's locked in a gun safe downstairs, along with multiple pistols. Wouldn't it be better to have it based on rarity, so that it's still possible for an M16 to spawn in a house? Also, why not add gun safes that you can crack w/ C4, or by finding journals w/ the code in them scattered around Chernarus?

Are some people really complaining about the graphics?

IMO Arma has some of the most realistic graphics of any game. Some people wont be happy until Rocket makes DayZ for the Matrix.

• Like 5

holy sh... i just saw the reddit complaints about the font!!? in a WIP pic? :lol: :lol: :lol: perfect ending of my day

Wait, so Dean said in the second video that loot will be area specific so you don't get M16's spawning in houses. I have 2 M16's locked in a gun safe downstairs, along with multiple pistols. Wouldn't it be better to have it based on rarity, so that it's still possible for an M16 to spawn in a house? Also, why not add gun safes that you can crack w/ C4, or by finding journals w/ the code in them scattered around Chernarus?

they may not spawn in houses...but what about containers? now add a gunsafe-container-chance to all houses...et voila..

• Like 3

holy sh... i just saw the reddit complaints about the font!!? in a WIP pic? :lol: :lol: :lol: perfect ending of my day

I know... Pre-alpha? Better complain about the UI...

• Like 1

they may not spawn in houses...but what about containers? now add a gunsafe-container-chance to all houses...et voila..

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Not everybody has a gunsafe, but wouldn't it be cool if every now and then you found one? Would be even cooler if you had to go to the extremes to open it, or if you found a random journal that had a safe code in it and clues (hopefully difficult) to finding it.

I dislike the font. I think that you should go with a sans-serif font, Rocket. It would be more contemporary and no modern game really uses a serif type font.