mattlightfoot

DayZ Double Developer Blog 14th May 2013

EHR MAH GERD IM S0 EXCITED!!!111one!

(also page 16 ownage)

Edited by BioHazard050

So it sounds like the game is pretty much ready to be released. That being said, I do think they should delay the release and ensure everyone who intends to buy it is psychologically ready to play. What if 50% of the players have heart attacks the first time it loads because they're so excited to finally be playing? It just seems irresponsible to release it any time in the near future.

does rocket even come on this forum anymore?

He has not been online since Mars, no.

• Like 2

wow. Thats a really long time...and distance.

• Like 1

I mean befdore his trip. I means hes talking on reddit and twitter but doesnt post on these forums

• Like 1

On radios:

"You use them to talk to each other over distances. Or you can tune into radio stations from the Internet directly in game"

:o

• Like 1

I have no doubt the community will make some radio stations to support this with some lore friendly content... perhaps green mountain will also come into the picture too...

• Like 3

I means hes talking on reddit and twitter but doesnt post on these forums

Pretty much. It's a shame really but if you want the latest info you have to go to reddit or twitter.

Official forums, ain't nobody got time for that.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 2

some interesting news...but the the skies are still too blue, the devblogs too unprofessional and they missed the dec release date...so sorry I will not play this

(I am feeling dirty now...Gummy paid me for this)

• Like 1

I have no doubt the community will make some radio stations to support this with some lore friendly content... perhaps green mountain will also come into the picture too...

How could they when this SA won't be Moddable , or am i totally missing your point ?

How could they when this SA won't be Moddable , or am i totally missing your point ?

On radios:

"You use them to talk to each other over distances. Or you can tune into radio stations from the Internet directly in game"

Get it now?

Definitely sounds like there's more positive sounding news coming out of the Dev World.

Exciting times!

Get it now?

Yep got it, thanks. Totally rubbish Idea to be honest, pointless to add it to listen to Net Stations

Eye of the beholder...or perhaps ear of the listener, its one of those optional extras for people, ie, picking up a book you find in game and reading it etc, its been said that radio's can be left on the ground and played etc, finding a radio tuned into some station in the middle of nowhere would be cool, despite not really adding anything functional.

• Like 1

Eye of the beholder...or perhaps ear of the listener, its one of those optional extras for people, ie, picking up a book you find in game and reading it etc, its been said that radio's can be left on the ground and played etc, finding a radio tuned into some station in the middle of nowhere would be cool, despite not really adding anything functional.

and what radio station would this be? All the DJs would have been eaten up. yum.

It would seem more logical to have the radio play an old tape that repeats itself... or a gramophone in some old persons's house.

This way you wouldn't have to worry about rationalizing music that seems to be in an infinite loop.

The radio could also be functional. You could use the radio to lure players in for an ambush... raise your hand if you'd be inclined to track faint music. :thumbsup:

It could also be used as a decoy for the zeds

and speaking of decoys, how about giving us some air horns that we could rig up into a throwable decoy?

Edited by codestargod

I don't have much interest in the internet radio streaming aspect but I'm sure someone will do something really cool with it. Radios sound really awesome though, I can't wait to bait someone into a trap using them.

I like the idea, but can definetaly say I would avoid using then to tune into net radio stations untill someone got a dayz style one going.

Though once a nice Dayz Radio station was up, it'd be awesome, bring Fallout to mind :)

• Like 1

I'm not sold on the internet radio idea yet but it does open up lot's of potential which I guess is what they want in the SA. If the SA is successful I can imagine a few DayZ radio stations being set up, clans could use them to advertise etc.

One thing we know from gaming in the past is that if you give people the tools they'll never cease to amaze you with the things they come up with. Minecraft is a good example, if you look at some of the effort and imagination that goes into some of those creations it's mind-boggling.

• Like 1

Chernarus Hanoi Hannah?