leviski

New patch coming soon to dayz

You can get into testing right now ST. Jimmy

* [NEW] - Infected survivor camps. (WIP) 3 - Small, 4 - Medium.

* [NEW] - FPS Monitor this will dynamically change how/total amount of zeds/loot/trash piles spawning to keep the players base fps up.

* [NEW] - Zeds hitting through Walls/Buildings should now be fixed.

* [NEW] - Mainmenu Intro.

* [NEW] - New starting gear added. Guaranteed Start Items: ("ItemBandage","HandRoadFlare") + 1 RandomStartItem: ("ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller").

* [NEW] - Weapons spawns now have a chance to spawn with 0 mags up to a max of 2.

* [NEW] - 6 New decayed Zeds - Harder to kill and Do more damage.

* [NEW] - 2 New background tracks.

* [FIXED] - Most Duping issues should now be resolved.

* [FIXED] - Can no longer brake legs by anything other then players/zeds/falling/getting out of moving vehicle.

* [uPDATED] - Zed generate system. has now been fully rewrote should stop zeds spawning in view of players then being deleted.

* [uPDATED] - Up to +/-2000 Humanity gain/loss according to "humanKills" counter from killed character

* [uPDATED] - Refuel now locks the player in place for the time to fill.

Todays build info. (This is just whats changed since the last build)

• Like 6

* [NEW] - Infected survivor camps. (WIP) 3 - Small, 4 - Medium.

* [NEW] - FPS Monitor this will dynamically change how/total amount of zeds/loot/trash piles spawning to keep the players base fps up.

* [NEW] - Zeds hitting through Walls/Buildings should now be fixed.

* [NEW] - Mainmenu Intro.

* [NEW] - New starting gear added. Guaranteed Start Items: ("ItemBandage","HandRoadFlare") + 1 RandomStartItem: ("ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller").

* [NEW] - Weapons spawns now have a chance to spawn with 0 mags up to a max of 2.

* [NEW] - 6 New decayed Zeds - Harder to kill and Do more damage.

* [NEW] - 2 New background tracks.

* [FIXED] - Most Duping issues should now be resolved.

* [FIXED] - Can no longer brake legs by anything other then players/zeds/falling/getting out of moving vehicle.

* [uPDATED] - Zed generate system. has now been fully rewrote should stop zeds spawning in view of players then being deleted.

* [uPDATED] - Up to +/-2000 Humanity gain/loss according to "humanKills" counter from killed character

* [uPDATED] - Refuel now locks the player in place for the time to fill.

Todays build info. (This is just whats changed since the last build)

What are the infected camps all about? just random camps with zombies? or what

"Tougher" zombies. Rocket will probably throw himself off everest if he sees his mod becoming L4D on the arma engine.

Still cant wait :)

Zombies are Day Z's environment, the background, the setting. PvP is what gives Day Z it's soul.

PVP = person has played DayZ for a while and now has biggest packback + some good gear... he wonders "hmm, what to do next?" and few mins later he's camping at coast, sniping other persons. He hasn't got a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g else to do, apparently. Suddenly DayZ is CoD with beans, a funzone where it's fun to gank other players.

You mean it should be a masochists game in which the player constantly get punished?

Nah, DayZ is supposed to make fun as well, it just is not as arcade stiled, but a survival game. Don't stress it over so only a pita remains, which no one loves playing.

L4D + Dead Island series are for you if you are not up to the challenge.

DayZ is supposed to be hard, although "hard" is usually limited by faults in engine (superfast, warping zombies). I have played Project Zomboid a while and I agree with leviski, there the zombie threat has been made properly. Character might panic if zombie appears suddenly, not to speak about spotting larger hordes... mood, mental + physical health, sleepyness etc affect to awareness and combat skills and so on which makes it exciting.

Edited by Kuikka

Tougher zombies? Wait for the tears.

Can you explain the humanity thing please I'm a tad confused.

Its humanity....you know that little number that decided whether you are a bandit or a hero?

It makes you get a solid 2k humanty loss for killing people now.

Or something like that

Tougher zombies? Wait for the tears.

Can you explain the humanity thing please I'm a tad confused.

Actually I think it means that you wont loose Humanity if you are a hero and kill a normal survivor if you do alot more good than bad,

I think the Infected camps are like the heli crashes. Random camps of survivors who have turned zombie. So some pretty good loot may be found in the camp.

I think the Infected camps are like the heli crashes. Random camps of survivors who have turned zombie. So some pretty good loot may be found in the camp.

that makes sense, I read in another post and guessed the same thing.

* [FIXED] - M107 & AS50 Lock on system removed.

This will remove the M107 and AS50 from the game?

if only

btw what is good things in Dayz ? - as I see killing zombies not giving humanity at all.

I understand how can I become a bandit - killed few people and u are bandit forever.

but what are things what gives + to humanity ?

btw what is good things in Dayz ? - as I see killing zombies not giving humanity at all.

I understand how can I become a bandit - killed few people and u are bandit forever.

but what are things what gives + to humanity ?

Healing/Helping others.

Healing/Helping others.

Helping ?! - what is the math for this then ? how you get +humanity ?

Helping ?! - what is the math for this then ? how you get +humanity ?

Give players blood transfusions, painkillers, bandage their wounds etc.

Give players blood transfusions, painkillers, bandage their wounds etc.

it goes to healing :)

Few New Changes.

* [NEW] - Crafting is now added.

* [NEW] - Attachment Crafting is the only way to upgrade weapons. Read Below for more info

* [NEW] - 2 New melee weapons.(Bat,Shovel).

* [NEW] - 2 new Bat variations used in crafting (NailedBat,WiredBat).

* [NEW] - Wild Spawning of zeds has been redone and readded.

* [NEW] - Zed Spawning fully updated to spawn outside the players field of view. (Excludes Infected camps)

* [uPDATED] - Infected Camps. Read below

* [REMOVED] - M107 & AS50.

* [REMOVED] - Removed all military weapons with any attachment from loot tables.

Attachment Crafting. Basic WIP Demo

Here is a complete run down for an M4A1.

Stage 1. 1 inch metal pipe > 2 Glass Bottles > Scrap Electronics > Battery > Cable Tie = AIM

Stage 2. M4A1 > Aim = M4A1_Aim

Stage 3 CamoNetting/CamoSkin > String = CAMO

Stage 4. M4A1_Aim > CAMO = M4A1_Aim_CAMO

Stage 5. 1 inch metal pipe > 2 inch metal pipe > wood X2 > hose clamp = Silencer.

Stage 6. M4A1_Aim_CAMO > Slicencer = M4A1_AIM_SD_cam

Stage 1 - You need to find 6 parts to design one AIM attachment + the blueprint.

Stage 2 - You need to find a standard m4a1 then attach the aim from stage 1 this will give you the M4A1_Aim again you need the blueprint

Stage 3 - You need to find 2 mats to create the CAMO Paint again you need the blueprint/Pattern.

Stage 4 - You need the M4A1_Aim and the CAMO paint from Stage 3 to give the M4A1_Aim_CAMO + the blueprint.

Stage 5 - You need to create a silencer by finding 6 parts in the world + the blueprint.

Stage 6 - take the M4A1_Aim_CAMO from stage 4 and apply the silencer again you need the blueprint.

Bare in mind this is WIP and will change.

Infected Camps.

Infected camps are a lot like chopper crash sites however they spawn on server start the camps there self should pretty much stay the same on every start but the objects around the camp will always be different and locations will always be different Infected camps sites have there own loot tables. You find camps in forests,tree areas and meadows. Be careful these sites spawn zeds based on the amount of players entering the area.

• Like 14

Finally! AS50 is gone, M107 is gone. Some kind of Easter.

• Like 4

* [NEW] - Attachment Crafting is the only way to upgrade weapons.

* [REMOVED] - Removed all military weapons with any attachment from loot tables.

So does this mean that if we want to have an attachment on our gun we have to craft it? If so I dont agree and I think you should be able to find at least some weapons with attachments already on them. For veriety's sake! They should be alot more rare.

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 3

M107 and AS50 gone? I'm all for crafting weapons or whatever, but totally removing prized possessions is a bit ridiculous.

Much of the game is about finding rare items or weapons, not dumbing down the playing experience to appease those who don't invest the time. Sorry, finding a spiked bat or shovel is about as exciting as stumbling upon toilet paper and razors.

Edited by R.J.
  • Like 2

M107 and AS50 gone? I'm all for crafting weapons or whatever, but totally removing prized possessions is a bit ridiculous.

Much of the game is about finding rare items or weapons, not dumbing down the playing experience to appease those who don't invest the time. Sorry, finding a spiked bat or shovel is about as exciting as stumbling upon toilet paper and razors.

Go play wasteland.

• Like 3