leviski

New patch coming soon to dayz

Well said oldfossil

Every action should be a possibility of failing and have consequences

The only people who would disagree to being punished for running around shooting at everything that moves are the kind of people who want an easy game where they can do what they like with no consequences

Friendly or not, it's meant to be about survival and being punished for making a mistake

It never was meant to be death match with food, if you took away the zombies the game wouldn't be any harder

I can't remember the last time a zombie killed me on any other mode than 2017 or dayz+

If they can't kill you what's the point in them?

Instant food re-gen has been replaced in current updates to a slow re-gen system based on the players survived dayz. (We cant give much info yet).

Zeds have been updated in a few ways damage,hitpoints,spawns,movement,stances even with all the changes. Zeds will never be he main threat within this engine this does not mean we cant give players ways to make mistakes this is what we are trying to do.

If you speak with any of the testers most of them will tell you we are working/pushing players to make mistakes this is where zeds become an issue.

Please let zombies grab hold of us like a boyfriend hugging us from behind.

Please.

Except they bite our necks harder.

Please let zombies grab hold of us like a boyfriend hugging us from behind.

Please.

Except they bite our necks harder.

Oh baby.... I have to agree the zed problem can't be solved by just speeding them up and making them hit harder. The AI needs to change though I understand the limitations of this mod and I know this problem will be addressed in the SA. Until then keep up the good work razor these new updates makes the game a little more interesting each time!

this threads title is just simple ridiculous

Clearly some of you haven't played dayz+ for more than 10 mins, because of the insane zombie damage resulting in death after 7-8hits and possible knockout after 2 hits 50% of players were willing to help each other and team up which is far better than the 1% in other dayz modes

And before you say dayz is nothing without pvp, I agree, but the game is far better with an equal balance

For a solo player, most players needed others in dayz+ because zombies were a real threat when you were alone

One mistake could end you easily, there were still bandits but only the best ones

All the noob bandits found it too hard which brings me to another point, it's a survival mod and your counter arguments to some of these posts from bandits are saying not to make zombies harder, obviously you only play on start with as50 servers and 90 million plus verchiles

Man up and accept it, this isn't meant to be a walk in the park, standalone is gonna be hard, eiether accept it and adapt or die and start some " too hard to snipe bambis coz zombis r 2 hard" threads when the standalone comes out

This game needs to be brutal, every playstyle punished and every moment spent scared to death that one wrong move will bring down a horde that will tear you apart in seconds or draw another player nearby

Easy zombies make it easy for bandits and hard for others

Harder zombies make it harder for all players, just by making zombies more powerful wont make the game boring, pvp will be there but only the strong can survive

You just like to get easy kills, any challenge to that routine turns you off the game

Words like tosh spread to mind when I read this but I'll try an respond in a reasonable manner.

One Zombie knocks out in two hits? Laughably absurd, are all the infected professional boxers all of a sudden? That's a joke suggestion and certainly shouldn't be the norm as it just not logical it goes back to super zombies again. These are infected people from all walks of life some will be women yet people here are saying that they should be super fast, super strong, have super visions it's just absurd. Zombies should ONLY be dangerous in large numbers, hence as Old Fossil points out those that are careless and cause lots of noise will suffer the consequences.

As for teaming up shoudln't that be the players choice? Your forcing gameplay on people, forcing them to co-operate, going lonewolf should be a viable option as any way people choose to play. In fact in theory it should be a lot easier to avoid zombies on your own. It's fine to have server options where the zombies are 'super' if that's what some people want but it certainly should not be the default setting.Different flavours for different people.

Like I said if you want to fight against super hard AI zombies play left 4 dead or something on the max level,

Yes the game is labelled as a survival game, but it's a game, it's meant to be fun and I would reckon for a lot of people scavenging around in the woods hunting isn't that fun, what's really fun is this massive open world you have where you don;t know what's round the next corner, where you have no real story or plan deciding your fate, where the unpredictability of other players going through the same experience can make each day different. That's something the AI zombies will never be able to achieve and it's why they shouldn't be a major focus in this game.

Zombies are Day Z's environment, the background, the setting. PvP is what gives Day Z it's soul.

As for the rest of it, I play on Vanilla public servers with very few vehicles and standard starting kit. The only As-50s I've seen have been hacked in. I've been playing pretty much every day for a couple of months now and I think I've killed two people, both of whom attacked me first. I've also had several conversations with other players and teamed up with them. My PvP experience has been very varied.

What your are saying doesn't make Zeds a threat but nuisance which they currently are. They give away my position and keep me on a constant move while looting towns. Well I suppose they could kill me if I'd let them.

EDIT

I forgot to say I don't disagree with you conclusion, just don't think Zeds pose any kind of threat in their current state.

I agree to an extent, at the moment they are maybe more in the nuisance bracker than the threat bracket. However I'm not keen on changes to their abilities until their randomness is sorted out. If I know the line, then I'm happy for zombies to be more powerful, if I know I need to sneak aroudn them, not fire within this distance etc. etc. that's fine they can do some more damage aggro longer etc.

At the moment though I follow the rules and the Zombies break them, they will aggro across fields for no reason, they will go through doors, through wall, they'll hit from 10ft away. They are currently far too random and unpredictable, basically too glitched IMO for them to be stronger. Once they aren't as glitched I'll happily have them a bit more dangerous but they should always be a background threat, something that will threaten the careless, the loud, the brash etc.

• Like 1

Words like tosh spread to mind when I read this but I'll try an respond in a reasonable manner.

One Zombie knocks out in two hits? Laughably absurd, are all the infected professional boxers all of a sudden? That's a joke suggestion and certainly shouldn't be the norm as it just not logical it goes back to super zombies again. These are infected people from all walks of life some will be women yet people here are saying that they should be super fast, super strong, have super visions it's just absurd. Zombies should ONLY be dangerous in large numbers, hence as Old Fossil points out those that are careless and cause lots of noise will suffer the consequences.

As for teaming up shoudln't that be the players choice? Your forcing gameplay on people, forcing them to co-operate, going lonewolf should be a viable option as any way people choose to play. In fact in theory it should be a lot easier to avoid zombies on your own. It's fine to have server options where the zombies are 'super' if that's what some people want but it certainly should not be the default setting.Different flavours for different people.

Like I said if you want to fight against super hard AI zombies play left 4 dead or something on the max level,

Yes the game is labelled as a survival game, but it's a game, it's meant to be fun and I would reckon for a lot of people scavenging around in the woods hunting isn't that fun, what's really fun is this massive open world you have where you don;t know what's round the next corner, where you have no real story or plan deciding your fate, where the unpredictability of other players going through the same experience can make each day different. That's something the AI zombies will never be able to achieve and it's why they shouldn't be a major focus in this game.

Zombies are Day Z's environment, the background, the setting. PvP is what gives Day Z it's soul.

As for the rest of it, I play on Vanilla public servers with very few vehicles and standard starting kit. The only As-50s I've seen have been hacked in. I've been playing pretty much every day for a couple of months now and I think I've killed two people, both of whom attacked me first. I've also had several conversations with other players and teamed up with them. My PvP experience has been very varied.

Well spoken, this is my eyperience as well.

I think you just quoted me without reading much

I said it had a balance of players , there were still bandits

Making harder zombies doesn't force a playstyle anymore than having wet towel hitting zombies and high end gear makes more people bandits

Oh wait that must mean that the game as it is forces most players to be bandit if your going to start about forcing playstyles

I clearly said it made more people friendly and there were still bandits, at which point did I say that everyone was sitting around a campfire singing?

And I never said anything about pvp not being the soul if the game, in fact I said that it is part of the game

And play left 4 dead?

That game is a piece of shit, why do you assume that all I want to do is play against super hard zombies?

Oh I forgot that left 4 dead also has a massive open world where you need to eat and survive where anything could be your end, not to mention the perminant death and random meeting of other players, I hear it also has verchiles and lots of other good things

Stop using " go play another game" it's a stupid response, note I am not calling you stupid , just your response

In conclusion you didn't read my post properly as most of your response says I am forcing a playstyle

Quote a SINGLE part in the piece you quotes that says that the game must have zombies that can KO in2 hits

What I actually said was that it was possible in dayz plus for that to happen, I never once stated I wanted that to be the norm, you just skimmed over and made a half assed reply

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

what I cant understand why so many people saying Dayz should be FUN game ?! IMO Dayz SHOULD NOT BE FUN game... its should be fuc$#@ pain in as$

fun games are L4D, COD, BF3, CS, WarZ..... so on

Dayz should be totally different story. Yes Arma/Dayz have millions bugs and glitches, movement is clumzy , zeds are fast and zigzaging noobs, yes this is stupid that i cannot switch weapons in 1 second and to take hatchet i need to drop weapon .... but look how many players still plays Dayz.

Make it "perfect" and people will not play it.

what I cant understand why so many people saying Dayz should be FUN game ?! IMO Dayz SHOULD NOT BE FUN game... its should be fuc$#@ pain in as$

Dayz should be totally different story. Yes Arma/Dayz have millions bugs and glitches, movement is clumzy , zeds are fast and zigzaging noobs, yes this is stupid that i cannot switch weapons in 1 second and to take hatchet i need to drop weapon .... but look how many players still plays Dayz.

You mean it should be a masochists game in which the player constantly get punished?

Nah, DayZ is supposed to make fun as well, it just is not as arcade stiled, but a survival game. Don't stress it over so only a pita remains, which no one loves playing.

Edited by Ken Bean

You mean it should be a masochists game in which the player constantly get punished?

:) Dayz IS masochists game and lots of people loves it. Dayz is soo clumzy, full of bugs and glitches, close combat is totally stupid - but is it stop people of playing it?

If Dayz would be made on BF3 or COD engine but maps from Arma - do you think Dayz would be same success as is is now ? - dont think so

http://1.1.1.1/bmi/d...fault/smile.png Dayz IS masochists game and lots of people loves it. Dayz is soo clumzy, full of bugs and glitches, close combat is totally stupid - but is it stop people of playing it?

If Dayz would be made on BF3 or COD engine but maps from Arma - do you think Dayz would be same success as is is now ? - dont think so

Hmm, in that case, provided you are right, those masochists always can switch back to the more punishing, more buged versions of the mod. Just go to DayZ Commander, Install/Update and revert back. d:

Things like close combat is sth people seems more to avoid than love...

Edited by Ken Bean

you do have a point and i do say this too many i play with . making it so streamlined so it plays like l4dead and it will tail off rather quickly and become boring.

part of the bugs and clunky movements actually add to dayz as you never know if you gunna get that stupid one hit zombie or that silly glitch break your leg. kinda addds to it.i hope they dont make it too easy just for mass consumption so it sells well. the game is a business so i wouldnt be suprised if it happens though.

i actually like mainly how the game is now but just want the stupid blatant abuse bugs fixed like admin having tools to seee where all loot and players are live and silly building glitches. stuff like that fixed and dayz becomes what it should be . one thing that worries me though is about arma 3 movement , aiming and other arma 3 things . they are poor in comparision to arma 2 and move like a console game. please dont base standalone on anything arma 3.

I think you just quoted me without reading much

I said it had a balance of players , there were still bandits

Making harder zombies doesn't force a playstyle anymore than having wet towel hitting zombies and high end gear makes more people bandits

Oh wait that must mean that the game as it is forces most players to be bandit if your going to start about forcing playstyles

I clearly said it made more people friendly and there were still bandits, at which point did I say that everyone was sitting around a campfire singing?

And I never said anything about pvp not being the soul if the game, in fact I said that it is part of the game

And play left 4 dead?

That game is a piece of shit, why do you assume that all I want to do is play against super hard zombies?

Oh I forgot that left 4 dead also has a massive open world where you need to eat and survive where anything could be your end, not to mention the perminant death and random meeting of other players, I hear it also has verchiles and lots of other good things

Stop using " go play another game" it's a stupid response, note I am not calling you stupid , just your response

In conclusion you didn't read my post properly as most of your response says I am forcing a playstyle

Quote a SINGLE part in the piece you quotes that says that the game must have zombies that can KO in2 hits

What I actually said was that it was possible in dayz plus for that to happen, I never once stated I wanted that to be the norm, you just skimmed over and made a half assed reply

I read your post and responded as I see it, you can backtrack your comments if you want but I read each point.

You started by basically championing Day Z+ and your tone instantly downgraded everyone who hadn't played it to have not experienced your vision of 'true hardcore dayz'. You then follow this up with some made up percentages because you know statistics always add weight to an argument.

50% of players were willing to help each other and team up
So 1 out of every 2 players is now suddenly friendly on this game mode.
which is far better than the 1% in other dayz modes
Which basically says Day Z+ is better than all the other version where clearly only 1 in 100 players would ever want to team up.

So on the one hand you have 99 bandits out of 100 apparently compared to magical Day Z+ where it;s 1 out of 2. LOL

You have very early set your stall out here towards the teaming up aspect, it's clearly your preference and it's clearly an appeal of Day Z+ with the stronger zombies forcing players to work together. Hence my point about play styles, you clearly want stronger zombies so less people shoot at you. You don;t so it so many words but that you get reading between the lines.

For a solo player, most players needed others in dayz+ because zombies were a real threat when you were alone

One mistake could end you easily, there were still bandits but only the best ones

Key word there need,if that's not forcing game styles I don't know what is. You are championing a game mode where lone wolfing is very hard and in most cases players apparently then worked together.

All the noob bandits found it too hard which brings me to another point, it's a survival mod and your counter arguments to some of these posts from bandits are saying not to make zombies harder, obviously you only play on start with as50 servers and 90 million plus verchiles

Based on your statistics, all the 'noob' bandits would be around 50% of the community cos apparently 99% of people are bandits in the normal game but due to being scared to death in Day Z+ they suddenly become friendly helpful players. I tried to illustrate here that a LOT of people in normal Day Z servers don;t shoot on sight and have varying PvP experiences but you've already decided most bandits are noobs, most people become bandits because the zombies aren't a big enough threat. Which is both wrong but also very simplistic.

You then go back in to condescending mode again assuming everyone who has argued against stronger zombies wants some sort of easy mode FPS.

Man up and accept it, this isn't meant to be a walk in the park, standalone is gonna be hard, eiether accept it and adapt or die and start some " too hard to snipe bambis coz zombis r 2 hard" threads when the standalone comes out

Well, this looks down on about every other type of play style, you've basically elevated 'hard core' survival to being the only way DayZ should be played and told everyone who thinks differently to shut up and lumped everyone who doesn't play this way as KOS new player snipers.

This game needs to be brutal, every playstyle punished and every moment spent scared to death that one wrong move will bring down a horde that will tear you apart in seconds or draw another player nearby

Why? It's a game, at the end of the day it's meant to be fun. if its ultra hardcore and a chore to play most people won;t play and you'll sit on empty servers. This is YOUR vision of the game, don't pass it off as anything else, the number of different servers out there that have various settings massively prove this statement wrong, a lot of people don't want the game this way. I don;t want the game to be about the zombies, because that's a boring AI single player game and it isn't what has made the game fun for me so far and kept me playing. The PVP has.

Easy zombies make it easy for bandits and hard for others

Again showing your anti-bandit agenda here, but also clearly wrong. Fire a sniper in Cherno, and compare the zombie reaction to giving someone a blood bag.

Harder zombies make it harder for all players, just by making zombies more powerful wont make the game boring, pvp will be there but only the strong can survive

You just like to get easy kills, any challenge to that routine turns you off the game

Yes, but it will also make the game about the zombies and make it a chore to play, the cool PvP moments will be lost..

I like how you missed out all the points I said you were clearly making assumptions about

For example, making zombies retards that slap you and giving you endless supples of guns you don't need for pve forces people to get board and shoot each other, how many people do you see on here that say they kos because that's all the endgame there is...... Most of them do

So by default the mod is providing us with the tools to kill each other and nothing else, it's just as much forcing us to do that as stronger zombies force us to apparently become friends with everyone

So your forcing everyone to become bandits because of your opinion

And you think that all pvp will be lost 100% because I think a 50/50 balance adds for more interesting moments, it's still going to be there

I'm talking about toning it down, what makes this mod unique is the ability for anything to happen, if you don't take some ( NOT All! JUST SOME) of the focus off pvp it will stay that way

Having it as all kos makes it ALMOST (ALMOST!!!NOT 100%) like every other death match out there

You are just arguing for arguments sake now

Go live on another planet

• Like 1

I like how you missed out all the points I said you were clearly making assumptions about

For example, making zombies retards that slap you and giving you endless supples of guns you don't need for pve forces people to get board and shoot each other, how many people do you see on here that say they kos because that's all the endgame there is...... Most of them do

So by default the mod is providing us with the tools to kill each other and nothing else, it's just as much forcing us to do that as stronger zombies force us to apparently become friends with everyone

And you think that all pvp will be lost 100% because I think a 50/50 balance adds for more interesting moments, it's still going to be there

I'm talking about toning it down, what makes this mod unique is the ability for anything to happen, if you don't take some ( NOT All! JUST SOME) of the focus off pvp it will stay that way

Having it as all kos makes it ALMOST (ALMOST!!!NOT 100%) like every other death match out there

You are just arguing for arguments sake now

Go live on another planet

You said I hadn't read your first post so I went through piece by piece and it showed exactly what I previously said so where are these assumptions I apparently made?. It has your agenda all over it and your superiority of the playstyle you want all over it. At no point does it show any balance to other peoples points of view, which is clearly shown by your ridiculous 'statistics', and your bracketing of people as COD kiddies that want a deathmatch.

We're obviously playing massively different servers or you are exaggerating again and I suspect it's very much the latter. Zombies are supposed to be retards, they are infected human beings (key point there) who are solely focused on one thing which is spreading the violence. They react to very simple base level instincts which are sound and sight. You seem to want to fight a load of Predators.

Endless supplies of guns? From where exactly? Guns re-spawn yes otherwise new players to the server get completely screwed some realism has to be dropped for gameplay elements. Top end military spec on standard servers is still very rare, I've been to the NW airfield with a few mates several times over the last few weeks and still not found anything more than an M16, gund which are useful if you accidentally Agrro a horde of Zombies which in places like that can happen.

Yeh a lot of people KOS, so what? It's got nothing to do with the Zombies it;s how they wand to play and they would anyway. There are other end games out there and other ways of playing and far more than your stupid 1% do it.

This is just flat out wrong, what the f*ck are all these medic clans out there, or the vehicle repairers or the bambi rescuers or the woodland survivors how do these people play and enjoy the game if "all the mod is privding us with is tools to kill each other"?

Because I don;t want super Zombies I'm forcing everyone to be bandit? What? My god you have a very narrow view of this game.

50/50 balance puts too much focus on the AI, AI can never replicate the experience you can get with a multiplayer game.

More damage from zombies isn't the answer IMO. When they get to you, they are already dangerous enough in my opinion. Slight chance for knockout, slight chance to break legs, high chance for bleeding, decent attack rate, impeding your movement by just being your way, etc. Expanded AI and less glitching with them is what is needed and is being worked on. But there are limts. No matter how much time you work on it, people will eventually be able to predict almost anything they could do.

Edited by SteveLord

It's just as narrow as your point of focussing on pvp, you may as well stop talking to me

It's supposed to be a sandbox and yet half of the options avaliable are not properly catered for

It's not going to get anywhere arguing further

Maybe 50% is a little too much focus on pve but whatever your opinion or mine......

Everyone knows in SA zombies will be more of a threat

Perhaps not to my standards or yours

But that fact is undeniable, plenty of proof in comments by rocket

• Like 1

you do have a point and i do say this too many i play with . making it so streamlined so it plays like l4dead and it will tail off rather quickly and become boring.

part of the bugs and clunky movements actually add to dayz as you never know if you gunna get that stupid one hit zombie or that silly glitch break your leg. kinda addds to it.i hope they dont make it too easy just for mass consumption so it sells well. the game is a business so i wouldnt be suprised if it happens though.

There still is a difference between bug and feature. ;)

But anyway, I prefer a hard DayZ as well. That's why I suggested weather phenomenas which could be able to randomly destroy tents, if they were built in an area which would be affected. I just don't want it to be a bug or glitch fest and I'm certain, this is the focus of the development as well. If you drop your most beloved weapon to the ground and it disappears, right after your tent vanished, then oridinary people may not be amused. I'm not saying, this is the right way of thinking, but certainly a common. < :D

But if there's an explanation, if you see your tent destroyed and the sourounding area is hinting that a tornado went through, then you may say "Wow, shit happens. Bad luck, but this is how it goes. A tent is not a massive building. Now I'm going to make a more massive one, like a bunker or a basement."

Edited by Ken Bean

The game should be WAY harder. The best games always are, that's why you feel rewarded when you survive. Plus, the zombies in DayZ are more like 28 days later zombies and from what I remember, most people didn't survive a close encounter with them. They aren't the lumbering Night of the Living Dead zombies.

I don't care what play style people choose anymore, but I definitely want a challenging game that falls far outside our current standards of gaming difficulty. Remember Ghosts N Goblins for NES, jesus that game was hard, it was also one of my favorites.

• Like 1

A good example of a hard zombie game is project zomboid, Now the zombies do alot of damage and the medical system is alot more complex however, then around 2-4 zombies get really close your character slows down, and that is a great mechanic.

updated thread with patch information of release

To spark some new discussion, How many people like where the direction in which the mod and it's patches are headed?

• Like 1

Next patch seems to be very good so far. I'll definitely check it out a play for a while when it's released.