leviski

New patch coming soon to dayz

This has been sourced many times now. However only Dean knows whether or not 50cals will be available for SA. We can only provide basic info form the dev blogs.

A few new changes based on feedback from you guys.

* [NEW] - Zed Spawning fully updated to spawn outside the players field of view. (Excludes Infected camps).

* [NEW] - Zeds can now push/tackle players to the ground when attacked. (When pushed the player will be slowed down, When tackled the players will fall to the ground)

* [NEW] - Crafting is now added.

* [NEW] - Attachment Crafting is the only way to upgrade weapons. (Attachments are found they need other objects to be crafted before being applyed to weapons)

* [NEW] - New starting gear added. Guaranteed Start Items: ("ItemBandage","HandRoadFlare") + 1 RandomStartItem: ("ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller").

When can we see this update bud? :)

People should wait. You never know if Rocket wants to keep AS50 and M107. What I really want to see that those two at least won't let you have a backpack like good old days. I don't know did Arma 2 beta patch removed it or was it in DayZ only.

What I really want to see that those two at least won't let you have a backpack like good old days.

Oh wait a sec...that was before my time but it sounds like an very good idea! ...If you want to carry that high end gear you have to take a big penalty by not having a backpack...When you look at the size of these guns it isnt even that illogical imo.

Over the moon by the removal of the .50s! Snipers are so clearly head and shoulders above every other weapon type, it makes perfect sence to remove the absoloutely top end of them. 1 hit killing doesn't make snipers any more fun for anyone. If you dont think having a DMR is enough of a good find...

This update is looking to be utterly amazing!

• Like 1

I'm glad the attachments are items now. I for one could never ever create a scope from scratch; it was a little far-fetched. Good change

• Like 1

How about closing another massive exploit loophole and cripple loot farming of military weapons by server locking them, like vehicles and tents are locked to servers now?

Heck, lock everything except tool items, food, drink and clothing. Changing servers should lose a player all but the basics. Then every high end item has to be scavenged as intended on the server it is used in.

It is mainly server hopping and loot farming makes the high end gear seem more common than it should be, including those hand cannons that children cry over so much.

Why should players be able to teleport from server to server, hoarding resources they shouldn't plausibly be able to access?

Bottom line is that they shouldn't. I'm sure it wasn't the intended design outcome, which would make it an exploit like any other. One which could possibly be stopped.

How many kit up in an empty server, go to a high-pop on a killing spree, bug out to a safe haven filled with hoarded loot when the going gets tough, then travel across empty servers safe and unseen?

Too many, including so-called clans ... utter nonsense.

It would all be rather different if everyone arrived unarmed and maybe ill equipped, a suitable penalty for moving servers perhaps. Only exploiters have any reason to complain.

Tents cannot be hidden at all - not even half-hidden in dry-stone walls, pine trees or orange bushes - they are almost completely useless now. So pay close attention to the new underground 'stashes'; suddenly sandbags and entrenching tools are very important!

Edited by Anti

Oh wait a sec...that was before my time but it sounds like an very good idea! ...If you want to carry that high end gear you have to take a big penalty by not having a backpack...When you look at the size of these guns it isnt even that illogical imo.

Yes it was enough balanced that way and there wasn't AS50 back then that didn't take backpack slot. Our team almost just dropped out M107 Thermal (it had been removed from the loot table week or two before sou you couldn't find one after that) because nobody wanted it when you can't have a backpack but I offered to take it. Really needed a friend to cover against zombies because M107 wasn't ideal against zombies and you couldn't loose zombies behind your back without killing them.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Now we wait for like a month for rocket to get back and step off his high horse

Now we wait for like a month for rocket to get back and step off his high horse

I believe Everest is a mountain not a horse....

Wait a minute, you're a horse! is there something you're not telling us?!

• Like 4

Let's look at the issue of .50 cal rifles and other "overpowered" weapons from a financial standpoint.

Perhaps a select core group will be happy with Baseball bats and attaching glass bottles to an already established assault rifle, but alot of players will be turned off at the fact the best weapon in the game will probably be a DMR or poison tipped blowdarts. Survival is an element to the game, but to not consider players that do enjoy the pvp aspect and lethal weaponry would be closing the door on a rather large playerbase. Having a hatchet battle the first four times was fun, but like everything, it becomes a yawnfest rather quickly.

To say the standalone isn't for everyone or it's the anti-game is nonsense as BI having a return on investment is THE most important motive of all.

Let's look at the issue of .50 cal rifles and other "overpowered" weapons from a financial standpoint.

Perhaps a select core group will be happy with Baseball bats and attaching glass bottles to an already established assault rifle, but alot of players will be turned off at the fact the best weapon in the game will probably be a DMR or poison tipped blowdarts. Survival is an element to the game, but to not consider players that do enjoy the pvp aspect and lethal weaponry would be closing the door on a rather large playerbase. Having a hatchet battle the first four times was fun, but like everything, it becomes a yawnfest rather quickly.

To say the standalone isn't for everyone or it's the anti-game is nonsense as BI having a return on investment is THE most important motive of all.

Well that's cool but it's never been said they won't feature in the final release. They won't feature in the initial release because all guns are being remodelled/textured for DayZ as well as other weapons being developed that we have never seen in the mod as well as a mele system. Features/comtent will be added to the SA over time as it is developed so at this point we don't know if 50 cals will be a part of it or not.

Are you getting the mod mixed up with the SA?

Edited by Fraggle

And as a side topic I really hope we can see gun jamming in the SA

hell...RAZOR!!!! add in a patch tommorow that makes a gun have a probability of jamming

• Like 1

A good percentage of the guns are AK variants. Jamming would be pointless.

=o

=o

Well...

Guns still Jam never the less

And not all of them are AK variants

=o

It would make players face the choice of do i go with a more powerful and accurate but less reliable gun or keep the trusty but weak AK-74,

Its far from pointless.

You missed the joke. Also, weapons don't jam that often outside of user error (EG: Overloaded magazine)

Yea but most weapons you are going to find are weapons that have been laying in the grime

joke or not this makes for good discussion

From a gameplay element gun jamming is silly. It's basically saying that in a firefight between two people random bad luck will decide the winner.

this would pop my patch cherry.

anything special i need to know about patches?

do i have to manually update/download anything?

or does trusty ole' Steam take of everything?

From a gameplay element gun jamming is silly. It's basically saying that in a firefight between two people random bad luck will decide the winner.

Agree it shouldnt be down to luck, it should be determined by the condition the weapon is in. which is why it probably wouldnt be possible for the mod as data cant be linked to individual weapons.

Agree it shouldnt be down to luck, it should be determined by the condition the weapon is in. which is why it probably wouldnt be possible for the mod as data cant be linked to individual weapons.

Agree if there is mechanic that requires upkeep/parts for your weapon and you neglect it then you have no one else to blame for the Jam. Some stupid roll the dice jam though is not cool.

Why the release of this patch gotta wait for rocket?