mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 15th April Highest one ever

Is that recurring?

Explain, my vocabulary is only somewhat impressive.

• Like 1

WOW WarZ has come up with a new Idea, lets have a radio in game

Update from Sergey Suckmeoff

Now let's talk about NEW FEATURES!

You've been asking for it and now we are delivering – Voice Communications !

To start, this feature will allow proximity chat, which will come with its full suite of options (enable/disable, mute, etc) and will function as and short range proximity chat. Ultimately we want to support a full scale radio system, that will allow players to remain connected across the map. There'll be a separate post about this once its being deployed, where we'll answer questions/encourage discussion regarding functionality.

• Like 2

Explain, my vocabulary is only somewhat impressive.

Leeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyy Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnkins!!!

• Like 1

I am finishing up touches to my mod DayZ Luton Airport.

I thought that was already in the game? Balota anyone?

You know what? What scares me is there have not been any new maps for the Mod for ages!

started instead on a map for the SA months ago ....

• Like 3

WOW WarZ has come up with a new Idea, lets have a radio in game

Update from Sergey Suckmeoff

Now let's talk about NEW FEATURES!

You've been asking for it and now we are delivering – Voice Communications !

To start, this feature will allow proximity chat, which will come with its full suite of options (enable/disable, mute, etc) and will function as and short range proximity chat. Ultimately we want to support a full scale radio system, that will allow players to remain connected across the map. There'll be a separate post about this once its being deployed, where we'll answer questions/encourage discussion regarding functionality.

And I thought you were taking the pish, nope that really is in their forums. I`m still surprised its still being played, anyways back on topic.

Not much info just clarification on where they are at with key things, have to admit I admire rocket's dedication to keep working and posting while he is taking on his climbing challenge. Looking forward to this game more and more, I like they are now at the stage where he can say there is only one thing stopping us getting our mitts on the alpha and thats the MMO bit (no doubt the hardest and toughest challenge in SA).

Hopefully by June they will be at the stage when they can do a limited release and it will be mad scramble for the first keys.

Most excited about crafting currently and all the options that brings up and loads of new places to explore and enter-able buildings (why i stopped playing the mod). Just read they have brought some code so its possible to create radio stations, which i`m thinking if you follow logic, they need power.....how do we power stuff can`t wait to see what they come up with in coming months. When power is entered into the mix, loads of different options, there maybe a slight movement in my trousers!!!!!!!!

Edited by law1977

Have a great Time Bungee jumping, going in spars all the stuff you do on the summit of mt Everest. thank you for taking your time to write this dev blog

-CHEERS-

He has a... gasp! 3.55% Chance of dying!

those are actually pretty scary odds

• Like 2

I swear to God...

If you die on that mountain and the SA is pushed back even more! I'm going to be seriously pissed!

If these statistics are correct, then I am forced to reiterate. It is highly inconsiderate of Dean to go trecking on Mt. Everest when he has this game to finish! It's not fair for the DayZ community, and it is especially not fair for people of Cherneruse, inflicted by a zombie apocalypse.

His priorities are all wrong, so I am sorry if I have to put my foot down and say that I won't stand for it!

I say we assemble a team to go drag his ass back to Europe and tie him to his god damn chair.

Edited by codestargod
  • Like 3

Will there be a new dev blog tomorrow?

It's only been four days since the last one :/

• Like 2

OMG

IF I DON'T GET A DEVBLOG WITHIN THE NEXT TWO HOURS, I'M NO LONGER PLAYING DAYZ AND LEAVING THESE FORUMS.

SICK OF THIS

loljk

• Like 4

OMG

IF I DON'T GET A DEVBLOG WITHIN THE NEXT TWO HOURS, I'M NO LONGER PLAYING DAYZ AND LEAVING THESE FORUMS.

SICK OF THIS

loljk

Lol. I love that you put the loljk in black text. :P

• Like 6

It's only been four days since the last one :/

Oh my god! ONLY four days since the last one? I am on withdrawal for 4 days already. No wonder I started cutting myself again. And poking myself again...

OMG

SICK OF THIS

loljk

Love your ninja loljk

Every time they give us information... day fell like week... WE WANT MOAR...

I like what I'm hearing. I'm still worried that they'll retain the current ugly 1st person hand & arm models. That's something I would like to see improved, but from what I've read the devs are doing a pretty good job.

I like what I'm hearing. I'm still worried that they'll retain the current ugly 1st person hand & arm models. That's something I would like to see improved, but from what I've read the devs are doing a pretty good job.

I think I read or heard somewhere that those are gonna be different, but I wouldn't be able to quickly pull up a source for you.

We are all sick hungry basterds of DayZ info, we will never calm our appetite for it. NEVER.

PD: Worms Revolution is free for the weekend on Steam, it's a great game to have a blast for a few days.

Edited by Guisho

We are all sick hungry basterds of DayZ info, we will never calm our appetite for it. NEVER.

PD: Worms Revolution is free for the weekend on Steam, it's a great game to have a blast for a few days.

Dis

And seriously, keep up the good work, i really want to see it released this year hopefully.

So X-mas release then?

2014 Mate, so I heard :P

I think I read or heard somewhere that those are gonna be different, but I wouldn't be able to quickly pull up a source for you.

There is information about the new animation rig in this

. Rocket mentions how this new rig will make the way weapons are held/viewed in first person look better, because essentially there will be two seperate skeletons for third and first person.

Personally I don't understand how this will work in relationship with your body (will you still be able to see you're body when rotating your head, something that I find very immersive) - it sounds like this new rig will look and feel more generic. I am all for more fluid animations, but I am not in favour of anything that makes this game feel more like a generic shooter. I realise this is mostly speculation and I really have to wait and see what this new animation rig is like, but I am interested in what others think/feel on the subject.