haptik

dayz could use some ideas from origins

for the ones that have not played this mod in 1.6 there are many new things and i think they might be cool enough to fit into dayz standalone

Survivor made vehicles: Cars / helicopters / rafts / quad bikes and shit

Mining and house building: Mine and collect resources from the surrounding environment to Build upgrade and customize your home. (not a big fan of mining but houses would be dank)

Survivor made Towns/Villages :. Survivors are now able to work together to claim lands and establishing their own buildings and houses together to form small villages or towns, exchange or trade resources.

Survivor’s decisions: Survivors now need to choose their path very carefully, heroic or banditry deeds will have direct impact on type of building upgrades and resources their homes produce.

(helps with everyone killing on sight)

New Twist: Yotopia ( Salvation City ) an island with some dope ass loot, where only the best of the best can go, this place is so cray they have elite npc guards fo real. B)

i mean it put back some flavor into dayz #swag #yolo

here for a more detailed discription http://www.dayzorigins.com/

Edited by haptik

A lot of the ideas from origin are going to be in SA.

I'm getting awfully tired of people (who I suspect to be origins devs) making threads in the suggestions board which turn out to be advertising for the origins mod. I'd try it out if it wasn't for the feeling I was being marketed to.

• Like 1

Dayz Origins can go fuck themselves, money hungry greedy bastards.

They are making a profit from using the Dayz code and other peoples mods and scripts, code that was wrote by the community and released for free and if anyone tries to use the Taviana map they are threatend with being sued and issued a DMCA.

They refuse to release the server files, only so called official partners can host them and to be official you pay them shit loads of cash :(

You might want to read up on who you're actully supporting, although it wouldn't shock me if you were a paid spammer.

• Like 7

I have played Origins and tbh it doesn't feel like DayZ, which i suppose could be their intent. NPC's, special zombies, Banditry penalties....

The only thing i really like is the idea of Survivor made vehicles, but DayZ 2017 has something similar and i think the SA Devs have mentioned it as well.

And as for mining - is it like Skyrim? People cant just 'mine' and magically make useable metal. Perhaps flint for fire and sharp rocks for spears but creating High Tech Military installations after using a pick for 5 minutes and getting iron? I don't think so.

• Like 2

Played origins was not impressed, the ideals behind it pushed me even further away from it once I read up.

• Like 1

Survivor’s decisions: Survivors now need to choose their path very carefully, heroic or banditry deeds will have direct impact on type of building upgrades and resources their homes produce.

I have never seen this "origins" although, I really like this bit

I have never seen this "origins" although, I really like this bit

Did any of the "don't force me how to play whiners" post anything about this option yet?

i mean it put back some flavor into dayz #swag #yolo

No, no and no.

Also try to avoid using words like 'dope-ass' and 'cray' it makes you sound like a person of lower intelligence. As does 'yolo' and 'swag'.

Edited by dulix11

No stick your dayz origins where the sun don't shine. It's NOT DAYZ or anything remotly like it and not needed.

I'm guessing PK Richie is right and were being infested with origins gimps looking for more victims to take money from.

Graveyard is a calling....

• Like 1

This is clearly just advertisement. The guy only has one post. I might have tried this mod, but after this stunt, I probably won't try it

This topic is going to get sued now for mentioning DayZ Origins.

lol

• Like 2

I expect there will be more threads coming with people suggesting features from Origins. Frankie's latest series of DayZ videos involve him doing a bunch of stuff with the custom vehicles, the NPCs, and the player made structures. Since his videos routinely get in excess of 1 million views, I expect there's going to be a lot of players who are suddenly going to like a least some of what they see.

First thing I 've seen about origins was modders complaining about origin devs using resources and ideas from other mods without asking for permission :| ...however npc's is a STRICT NO, base building and a new vehicle system (mad max style) is more or less confirmed for the SA anyway...mining ...well a pick axe sounds like a nice melee weapon that's it...

:beans: for PK Richie's perfect statement "Dayz Origins can go fuck themselves, money hungry greedy bastards."

• Like 1

New Twist: Yotopia

Utopia*

Also, mining is a terrible idea, in the process you have to find a huge reserve of iron, then dig it out, then you have to refine it. Do you have the equipment to smelt it? No, so now you have to go scavenge for equipment to smelt the iron ore, which of-course would attract players and zombies. You'd be extremely better of just scavenging for some scrap metal in the first place. Don't forget this is a 'zombie apocalypse simulator', so saying that it would be 'cool' just to have it there in the game would be stupid.

As for claiming lands and building houses and small towns.. Like I said, a 'ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE' simulator. Trading resources with other people, building properties and owning land doesn't relate to this, you'd only be doing this once the infection has been cured and everyone has started to rebuild civilization.

And should we have NPC's? No.

Rockets' already planning to add vehicle customization, you should look up more about the SA before you make these silly threads.

Although everyone rips on Origins, I actually enjoy it. I like how you can build houses and garages. I feel that it adds a new and fun aspect.

Lots of adverts disguised as regular posts. You can almost always tell by the person posting them. Instead of having a thread in the server section (since that's what it is, a set of private servers, not a public mod) they spam us with nonsense all over the subforums.

A lot of the ideas from origin are going to be in SA.

In fact, they got them from the SA.

None of the ideas that OP posted looks appealing, let alone would they be what DayZ really is, or used to be.